CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']It was a good run, after betting LA and taking over 8th spot I only had the coyotes to play. Unfortunately his roster was not set and I wasn't able to get the game in so it was in fates hands. As it happens SJS got one win in their last five games and that 2 points was enough to tie Edmonton, and they did hold the tie breaker.

Eight points out with 7 to play, the odds were against me but I'm proud of the boys, they worked hard for this but unfortunately that's how the cards are delt. We will be back better and stronger next season.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, see you next season.[/QUOTE]

You missed out cause the roster couldn't play? That is the definition of sucks.

Yea that is pretty damn shitty... Good job with that late season rally though Captain. Definitely something to carry into the next season. Especially since I'm sure your young guys are going to come back being a lot better rated.

Yeah Cap...I was pretty worried to get you in the first round after our last matchup...so at least you had one guy stressed haha. Good run.

I haven't even started my series with Destro and I hate this fucking game. All I know is that either injuries need to be turned off or penalties scaled because the I've now lost another top line forward to an injury and the game didn't even tell me. fuck you EA.

I wanted to say hell of a job to Mr. Hockey again... Series was a lot closer than the final tally suggests. You have definitely improved tenfold from our earlier games in the season.

I think games 3 and 4 were both decided in the last minute, and game 5 ended in OT. Hard fought series.

As for the rest of the playoffs... Shit I hope Carey Price returns to his regular season self. It is crazy because I've had some players step up that didn't do too much during the season.

[quote name='mvp828']I wanted to say hell of a job to Mr. Hockey again... Series was a lot closer than the final tally suggests. You have definitely improved tenfold from our earlier games in the season.

I think games 3 and 4 were both decided in the last minute, and game 5 ended in OT. Hard fought series.

As for the rest of the playoffs... Shit I hope Carey Price returns to his regular season self. It is crazy because I've had some players step up that didn't do too much during the season.[/QUOTE]

I was shocked when I saw Price's save percentage after the series ended.

I'm seriously considering trading this game in. Up 1-0 with 20 seconds left in the game, both my defensemen pinch on offense and give up the game tying breakaway. My settings were "protect lead" and "defend net" with zero forecheck and a 1-4 neutral zone. Then of course I lose in OT. This game is so fucking broken it's disgusting.

EDIT - Maybe EA is just trying to tell me something. 2nd time in 3 games I've been dropped from EA servers. I don't know what to do at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJH, my flight gets in about 230mst...but it's supposed to snow with a high of about 25. Assuming I don't get delayed or anything, I can probably play 8pm mst at the earlier on Sundays, otherwise same availability as in the OP on Monday

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm seriously considering trading this game in. Up 1-0 with 20 seconds left in the game, both my defensemen pinch on offense and give up the game tying breakaway. My settings were "protect lead" and "defend net" with zero forecheck and a 1-4 neutral zone. Then of course I lose in OT. This game is so fucking broken it's disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are the types of situations I usually just take my center and hang back. Don't wanna rely on the cpu's.

[quote name='Wpark83']So what's the status of the ongoing series? Just curious, I could always wait to get home to sign in and see.[/QUOTE]

I've been having some major connection issues (seems worse with NHL for whatever reason...since I was able to play in Madden just fine last night). I think it's the wireless adapter in this Xbox crapping out. I went ahead and ordered a 50ft ethernet cable on Amazon though so I can just run it along the baseboard to my modem. Tired of dealing with wireless garbage. It should be here tomorrow, so I'm hoping Canbanana will be able to resume our series then. I COULD try to play him tonight...but it could end up exactly like it was the other night, just lagging out and dying.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']It was a good series. Should of had a couple wins but that's how it goes. Least my "backup" goalie got some experience. Lol. Harding sucked.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every game except for 1 could have gone either way. Game 2 more than likely would have been yours if it wasn't for Harding deciding to choke.

[quote name='Wpark83']I was shocked when I saw Price's save percentage after the series ended.[/QUOTE]

It was brutal... I was getting so pissed at him. He may have a complex for as much as I told him he sucked during the series. The thing is, it wasn't even lucky shots or anything. They were quality shots, but shots that I have become used to him saving 9 out of 10 times. There was one that I was ready to pull him on though in game 5. Rebound went to Meuller and he put it back on net... Price stood up and it went through the five hole... No reaction whatsoever, pretty sure an armless baby could have stopped it.

[quote name='Wpark83']Yeah, those are the types of situations I usually just take my center and hang back. Don't wanna rely on the cpu's.[/QUOTE]

Same... That is usually my first line of defense in any game especially when it is close.

On a side note.. I had this happen to me the other day in an offline HUT game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/144013216#

Puck never stopped moving, goalie never stopped it but rather just briefly kicked it up against the post, for whatever reason play was blown dead. I would have been pissed if it was an online HUT game but CPU ones are a joke anyway, so I didn't care.

I also had this spectacle of a scene when I checked the CPU after the play in another offline HUT game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/144069064#

I almost feel like there was a midget lucha libra there that did an arm drag takedown on him after hitting him in the nuts. Maybe that's just me.

Danger, wish I didn't update my android version, can't watch the video on my phone anymore.

Col vs Van ideally will be starting up tonight.

Danger, wish I didn't update my android version, can't watch the video on my phone anymore.

Col vs Van ideally will be starting up tonight.

Well, Chicago is out. I just played six straight games with Phoenix and my thumb is killing me... lol. Only one game was decided by more than one goal and three went to OT, so it was a very tight series. So many little things frustrate me to no end though so I'm not sure if I'll be back if there happens to be another season. Time away for a while may be all I need though.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well, Chicago is out. I just played six straight games with Phoenix and my thumb is killing me... lol. Only one game was decided by more than one goal and three went to OT, so it was a very tight series. So many little things frustrate me to no end though so I'm not sure if I'll be back if there happens to be another season. Time away for a while may be all I need though.[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if the consensus votes to do a second year. If I do it, I'd say 80% of my games I'll let people play CPU. Just burned out.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So many little things frustrate me to no end though so I'm not sure if I'll be back if there happens to be another season. Time away for a while may be all I need though.[/QUOTE]

Injuries are my #1 concern but I think that will be fixable. For the most part I'm not as critical of the game as everyone else here seems to be. Maybe it's because I haven't played the NHL series that much. It's annoying that these issues we're coming across haven't been patched but I still enjoy the game (not to mention it's the only hockey game out there). I'll have no problem coming back for a second season. And hopefully the NHL lockout will end and maybe we'll have more people interested in joining the league.

[quote name='Wpark83']I'd be shocked if the consensus votes to do a second year. If I do it, I'd say 80% of my games I'll let people play CPU. Just burned out.[/QUOTE]

We'll attempt it. I just have zero expectations. That's why I want to just flip this game on its head with the settings and see if we can find anything that resembles actual hockey. Feels like we've got nothing to lose at this point. I just hate how formulaic the game has become. Instead of "glitch shots" that were always goals, EA decided to give us "always rebounds", which happen far more often on soft shots (and often even backhands) than on actual good, hard shots. Get a stupid bounce, get a goal.

Meanwhile, if you actually have a good sense for gameflow and read a play, catch a team napping on defense, and get a 2 on 1...or even a 2 on 0, the goalie will stand on his head to bail them out. Like I've been saying in club play, if the game isn't consistent, it's a waste. I don't care what the rules actually are. I don't care if they allowed you to stab someone on the ice. As long as it plays the same way every time, we can all adapt to it...which is what pathetically makes NHL 12 actually a better game. But this "randomness = realism" thing that a lot of sports games seem to employ now (same reason I got sick of The Show) is just not any fun in my opinion.

After 2 OT losses to Minnesota, I'm done with this game...this season...maybe altogether. I don't know. I'm just really sick of trying to stop the same shit over and over. Fly down the boards, bounce a shot off the goalie, put in the easy rebound. That's all this shitty game is. The EA boards are littered with posts saying the same thing. This game is just a rebound fest. Considering there's no way to tell people to stop employing such a cheap tactic, there's really no answer. Just a god awful version of "hockey". So, who wants to join an NHL 12 league?

MVP called it as far as Col vs Van. Col advances after a 4-2 series.

For the rebounds, I honestly haven't had too many issues. Maybe its because of my ai. strategy settings? I'd be willing to share my setup after the season ends for comparison as they seem to do a good job of picking up rebound first.

MVP called it as far as Col vs Van. Col advances after a 4-2 series.

For the rebounds, I honestly haven't had too many issues. Maybe its because of my strategy settings? I'd be willing to share my setup after the season ends for comparison.

[quote name='moojuice']MVP called it as far as Col vs Van. Col advances after a 4-2 series.

For the rebounds, I honestly haven't had too many issues. Maybe its because of my strategy settings? I'd be willing to share my setup after the season ends for comparison.[/QUOTE]

Stop double posting, spammer, lol. I had read that "protect net" was supposed to be good for guarding against rebounds. Maybe my guys are just full retard. I don't know. Either way, going for cheap rebounds has become its own strategy with this game. It's especially evident when you look at the high shot totals. It's just shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot...get a bounce, goal.

When it's at the point that people go for them instead of working the puck around, it just kills the game. Not saying that Canbanana did this every time. But it's one of those things that it was there when he needed it. He actually outshot me by a pretty ridiculous margin in the 2nd game, but again, it's the KIND of shots being put on net and the way elite goalies play those soft shots. And there were definitely times when he was just passing it at my goalie and getting rebounds...so yeah...NHL 13.

Whatever the decision can it be before December 16th...that way I can try to trade NHL in for $30 at GS :p

Nah seriously though, I dunno I just havent had as much fun with the game this year. Too many fluke goals and lack of hockey strategy. I'd be up for another season I guess but I wouldnt play anywhere near 100% of my games.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Whatever the decision can it be before December 16th...that way I can try to trade NHL in for $30 at GS :p

Nah seriously though, I dunno I just havent had as much fun with the game this year. Too many fluke goals and lack of hockey strategy. I'd be up for another season I guess but I wouldnt play anywhere near 100% of my games.[/QUOTE]

I think this is exactly where everyone is at. Do we all want to trade the game in for $30 but don't want to let each other down? lol. I know I'd probably do it if everyone was ok with it.

I'm done guys. It's in the trade pile. NHL 12 is in Clearence. Might as well just all trade in 13 and get 12 cheap and do a league on that one. I can't stand to another on this one. I'm getting super bored with it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I think this is exactly where everyone is at. Do we all want to trade the game in for $30 but don't want to let each other down? lol. I know I'd probably do it if everyone was ok with it.[/QUOTE]

It feels weird even thinking $30 is a good deal on this...I remember I traded in NHL 12 back in June for $28 thanks to BB's 100$ trade-in promo felt great about that since I bought it for $40 from TRU last October. Now this year I'm perfectly fine taking $30 to get it out of my house, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I think this is exactly where everyone is at. Do we all want to trade the game in for $30 but don't want to let each other down? lol. I know I'd probably do it if everyone was ok with it.[/QUOTE]

Mine is already gone, and NHL 12 has returned. Got tired of feeling like I was trying to swim against the tide. You either quit a hero or live long enough to see yourself throw the controller at the tv.

Yeah I am done this is getting traded in tomorrow. The game is not fun when there are people who play it and clearly know that they can take advantage of the well known issues that the game has when they need to.

Isn't everything you guys complain about present in every game? Not just NHL...but every video game. It's code. Lines of code. Every video game has it's way of being beaten, every video game has it's hitch. Even NHL 12 has ways of getting easy goals, it's the same as this year. I never played a single game this season where I felt someone was purposely taking advantage of a cheap glitch to get a goal, not once.

With that all said, I too don't like the game, but I just won't by it at all anymore. Why go buy an old version? Last year's thread is full of people complaining about that one, what changed? Just never gonna buy hockey anymore.

[quote name='Wpark83']Isn't everything you guys complain about present in every game? Not just NHL...but every video game. It's code. Lines of code. Every video game has it's way of being beaten, every video game has it's hitch. Even NHL 12 has ways of getting easy goals, it's the same as this year. I never played a single game this season where I felt someone was purposely taking advantage of a cheap glitch to get a goal, not once.

With that all said, I too don't like the game, but I just won't by it at all anymore. Why go buy an old version? Last year's thread is full of people complaining about that one, what changed? Just never gonna buy hockey anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but shouldn't the game improve from the previous year? This year's game is worse, no question. You can find people echoing that sentiment all over the internet. I agree, there are plenty of things wrong with NHL 12, and we did complain about them (but mostly from a belief that EA could do better). NHL 13 basically proved that they can't, lol...which gives you a strange appreciation for what came before. After the first couple tuner sets of 13, I actually started missing 12 because at least that game was reasonably consistent.

Yes, goalies couldn't stop cross creases in 12, but they shouldn't be facing 2 on 1 or 2 on 0 breaks to begin with. The things that actually were the goalies fault are still present in 13...and are sometimes worse (throwing the puck out when nobody calls for it, misplaying soft shots, losing the puck in his feet, jumping off the post to give up the short side, etc). The only thing that was "improved" was super human reflexes. Not to mention this half and half bullshit of the goalie being live. In 12, you could steamroll the goalie...and they pretty much always called it. This year, they told us that the goalies were no longer live...ha yeah, except when you have the puck and crash the net. And it's rarely ever called. Hell, it's so bad, they have the AI doing it.

And on the subject of penalties, there were definitely big hits and some missed trips and slashes that didn't get called in 12. But in 13, penalties are all over the place. You can hit people pretty much all you want, but God forbid you press the A button. It's an insta-penalty. The non calls in 13 are so bad, we've had a player get tripped to his knees on a breakaway and there was no call (and this was a league game). NHL 13 is just horribly inconsistent, which leaves you with the feeling of being constantly screwed. If this stuff happened once every 30 games or something, that would be fine...refs miss calls. But it's EVERY single game, multiple times a game.

If your post is to point out "Don't complain about something because it could always be worse", man, I agree with you. Back in October, I felt stupid for starting to think that 12 was a somewhat solid game. But when you have 13 to compare it to, it's simply a better game. The reviews show it. The community feedback shows it. Other than the skating, this year's game was a complete step backward. The sentiment of "don't buy the game anymore", I completely agree with (I still have 12...but really, buying it used doesn't give EA any money anyway). It's just hard to stay strong when they're hyping the hell out of the game...and when the demo plays completely different from the final product you end up with after 3 tuner sets. But yeah...it does start to become a "fool me twice..." kind of thing.

But even the skating is worse when you consider that people use the new skating engine to commit interference without actually checking you and therefore don't get called for it. In other words, they skate into you without hitting you and knock you down, even away from the play without the puck. Just broken.

[quote name='jza1218']But even the skating is worse when you consider that people use the new skating engine to commit interference without actually checking you and therefore don't get called for it. In other words, they skate into you without hitting you and knock you down, even away from the play without the puck. Just broken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good point. Not to mention I think the implementation of backward skating was handled horribly. Mapping it to the LT ruined vision control. One timers in the slot hardly ever work because your guy will turn his back to the puck the second you press LT. And if you don't use LT, you'll try to check somebody instead (which of course the ref always calls). That was a problem in NHL 09...that was fixed a year later by not having your guy go for a check while holding LT. Again...steps backward.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah I am done this is getting traded in tomorrow. The game is not fun when there are people who play it and clearly know that they can take advantage of the well known issues that the game has when they need to.[/QUOTE]

That is why the only online play I planned on doing was in the league.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

If your post is to point out "Don't complain about something because it could always be worse", man, I agree with you. Back in October, I felt stupid for starting to think that 12 was a somewhat solid game. But when you have 13 to compare it to, it's simply a better game. The reviews show it. The community feedback shows it. Other than the skating, this year's game was a complete step backward. The sentiment of "don't buy the game anymore", I completely agree with (I still have 12...but really, buying it used doesn't give EA any money anyway). It's just hard to stay strong when they're hyping the hell out of the game...and when the demo plays completely different from the final product you end up with after 3 tuner sets. But yeah...it does start to become a "fool me twice..." kind of thing.[/QUOTE]

I thought the demo played different than the game did.

With my connection issues no longer an issue it seems I was planning on playing another season if I could find the time as I might be getting a different schedule at work. That is if I get the position I put in for. It would put me on nights during the week so it would be weekends only or during the day that I would be able to play. Now that it seems like most of the people playing in the league are talking about quitting and starting a league in 12 I'm not sure if I will be able to join that. I would have to buy 12 and I really don't want to seeing how I have 13 and not knowing what is going on at work.

[quote name='sendme']That is why the only online play I planned on doing was in the league.[/QUOTE]

Those are the only people I played also.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
If your post is to point out "Don't complain about something because it could always be worse", man, I agree with you. Back in October, I felt stupid for starting to think that 12 was a somewhat solid game. But when you have 13 to compare it to, it's simply a better game. The reviews show it. The community feedback shows it. Other than the skating, this year's game was a complete step backward. The sentiment of "don't buy the game anymore", I completely agree with (I still have 12...but really, buying it used doesn't give EA any money anyway). It's just hard to stay strong when they're hyping the hell out of the game...and when the demo plays completely different from the final product you end up with after 3 tuner sets. But yeah...it does start to become a "fool me twice..." kind of thing.[/QUOTE]

I think the point was just to cut through the fog of the game and add my two cents that I go into every video game knowing it won't be perfect. Yeah, you expect things to get better, but in terms of overall gameplay, I guess I just think this game is the same as last year. I don't think it got any worse. They made some things better, some things fell back. Ultimately, their bad work just lost $60 bucks from me next year.

But also, I wanted to point out again that I don't think any teams in this league tried to purposely use any sort of tricks or glitches to win. It seemed like in that barrage of posts that some people suggested that, but I wasn't sure if it was a general sentiment about online play, or this league in particular.

[quote name='Twick87']am I the only one who enjoys the game despite its flaws?[/QUOTE]

No, I still enjoy it. Just burned out after playing it so much.

[quote name='Twick87']a question for those who have NHL 12: can you do GM connected with 30 game seasons?[/QUOTE]

No, you can do shorter custom leagues. no CPU teams.

I also enjoy the game. I don't even have any issues with the gameplay. Being a big NHL fan for 20 years and also playing a form of hockey for the same amount of time, randomness is definitely a major part of the game. Get the puck towards the net, good things happen usually whether a goal or rebound. I has a much bigger problem with 2-on-1 cross creases being auto-goals in past games.

I have a much bigger issue with the penalties not called. Why was NHL 12's final penalty build, which I thought was close to perfect, not even close to resembling what's in 13? That's the most puzzling thing.

[quote name='Twick87']am I the only one who enjoys the game despite its flaws?[/QUOTE]

I echo Wpark and Destro... I am still really enjoying it, although I am starting to cut back somewhat. That has more to do with the fact that I am a shooter fan first and with Black Ops II still being less than a month old, I am spending a lot of time on that, not to mention a bunch of other games I have accumulated in the past couple months (Hitman: Absolution, NFS:MW, Forza: Horizon, and a lot of others still sitting on the shelf).

Overall I can say that I have easily spent more time on this year's game than any of the previous years (possibly the past 2-3 years combined). I think I now have over 250+ HUT games played in addition to the 87 games in the league so far.

As for the rebounds... I really don't see it that much, but then again I'm pretty good on always being in position to block the shot. My one complaint is that I wish the HUT online tournaments hadn't been removed that required the different salary caps... I swear I played 2 games last night in which the guys I was playing had probably spent close to 100 bucks on his team.

Aside from injuries and rebound control, another issue I hate in this game is that the CPU will just knock guys over without the puck and no penalty is called. It's happened to me a few times where I have the puck behind the goal line and I try to pass it to my guy in the slot but the defenseman has already knocked him down before I even pass it to him.

That being said, it's still a pretty good game, the best NHL game thus far. I had NHL 12 for PS3 and only played online and I absolutely hated it. I feel that this years game is a big step up from that despite it's flaws.

[quote name='Twick87']a question for those who have NHL 12: can you do GM connected with 30 game seasons?[/QUOTE]

GM Connected was brand new for NHL 13. NHL 12 had very basic leagues...that consisted of only user teams. You'd just choose how many times you'd play each team and could play the games in any order. So, if you have a 12 team league, and you played each team twice, you'd have a 22 game season. The number of people that made the playoffs was also based on how many teams you had. In the example of a 12 team league, we'd probably do something like 8 teams make the playoffs. There's no free agency, but there is trading...which is obviously limited because of having fewer teams to trade with. It's definitely much simpler, but really, that could be a good thing. Problems in gameplay aside, the structure of NHL 13's GM Connected was just so daunting. Such a long season and such slow menus. It made it feel like a chore every time I'd go into it.

[quote name='DestroVega']I also enjoy the game. I don't even have any issues with the gameplay. Being a big NHL fan for 20 years and also playing a form of hockey for the same amount of time, randomness is definitely a major part of the game. Get the puck towards the net, good things happen usually whether a goal or rebound. I has a much bigger problem with 2-on-1 cross creases being auto-goals in past games.

I have a much bigger issue with the penalties not called. Why was NHL 12's final penalty build, which I thought was close to perfect, not even close to resembling what's in 13? That's the most puzzling thing.[/QUOTE]

Randomness would be fine if I was in control of the events leading up to it. What's the point of "realism" when there are blatantly uncalled penalties that lead to goals? Board somebody at one end, rush the puck down the ice, take a shot at full steam which carries you directly into the goalie, AI teammate picks up the rebound and scores. This happens all the time in NHL 13.

Also, since I'm not in control of the goalie, if he decides to skate 3 feet outside the crease, or throw the puck right to a defender, or kick it around in his feet allowing the other team to poke it in, or play a soft shot from the blue line off his pads into open ice rather than knocking it to the corner, what does that have to do with my skill level?

Conversely, a 2 on 1 scoring chance would indicate that I made a mistake defensively. I'm not saying it should always be a goal. But you shouldn't be able to play crappy defense because you know the goalie will bail you out. And that's what happens in NHL 13. Now, I do think it should be stated that a lot of what I'm talking about applies more to OTP/Club play...but that's what I've spent the majority of my time in the past several years. Some of them are applicable to VS play, but the game does play a little differently when you're controlling an entire team as opposed to just one player.

And like I've said, my biggest problem with 13 is there's no consistency. Two people could play exactly the same way, taking the same kind of shots, and one person just gets the right bounces, while the other goalie stops everything. What does a game like that prove? I get that in real life teams can ride a hot goalie to games they shouldn't win...but in a video game, where the computer is doing it for you, I don't know how you can feel "accomplished" by those wins. I got to a point with 13 where I never felt good about a win or a loss. It was just like "Oh, ok. That happened."

Anyway, not sure if people are getting tired of the discussion, but yeah...it seems like most everybody is on the same page. Whether it's because of being forced to play an 82 game season, the gameplay, or other problems with the game, it seems like most everybody has had their fill of NHL 13.

Here's a great post from EA's NHL 13 board detailing why hardly anybody likes NHL 13. Maybe some people just don't care about this stuff. Maybe they haven't played enough to notice it. I don't know. But this is the majority opinion. Research it yourself.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9162744.page

Dislike?

1. Servers suck - Most people experience an average at best online experience, mostly delayed latency/ping to EA servers which produces slight control delay 1/2 seconds delays, sluggishness, etc. many other experience lag, frame rate issue - choppiness, and disconnections.

2. But to the game play, pretty hockey plays are not only very hard to pull off this year, when you do pull them off they don't get rewarded. Most passes get tipped and intercepted, even passes you attempt thru lanes players (human and AI) seem to get the stick in the lane at the last second almost every time. You can't skate past or around defenders without getting knocked off the puck or the puck being poke checked. When you do get a nice pass to a teammate the shot tends to miss the net or hit a post, or the goalie makes superman saves. The skating engine is too slow to turn and maneuver to create space against defenders during a cycle. All of these things combined = Just shoot the puck before you turn it over and scramble for rebounds, create chaos, hope for garbage goals. There are very few "clean" goals this year, "clean" goals are nerfed, they aren't rewarded, the game is chaotic and random, skill will still prevail, but its not skill of "clean goals" even the skilled teams struggle with clean goals, they are just better at positioning and being able to puck up loose pucks, etc. which skilled teams dominate 2nd and 3rd chance goals.

There is a poll in here that sums it up, 80% or so don't find NHL 13, and for good reason, effort isn't rewarded, the harder you try/work = more turnovers, the more you keep it simple and shoot = chaos/randomness and garbage goals. People cherry pick, stretch pass, rush for breakaways (or) shoot shoot shoot regardless if its a good shot or not, just shoot and hope for garbage.

This is not fun

Then there's this post: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9160817.page
...and about a million more like it.

bread's done
Back