CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

Nate I tried to accept your join request as the flyers by apparently I cannot connect to ea servers. I tried yesterday afternoon and for the past 20 minutes. Weird.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Nate I tried to accept your join request as the flyers by apparently I cannot connect to ea servers. I tried yesterday afternoon and for the past 20 minutes. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not even sure if the invitations actually work right. Did you try just searching for the league and sending a request of your own? That way has been working for everyone else. Just search for "CAGLS No Hockey League".

Didn't sign on to GM Connected since 7PM EST or so tonight, did Toronto (HomelessGamer I think) get into the league yet?

He is my last game for this timetable, so I'm just waiting to get the okay to play him or the cpu.

I really wish there was some sort of in-game schedule so you could see when you played certain people. I also wish they would update the box scores according to when the game was played and not the actual game date. I like being able to go through and see who beat who, but it sucks once there have been so many games played.

Has their been any dates set for the first games? I glanced through the thread and didn't see any posted.

If anyone has to play the flyers I've been trying to connect for a couple days with no success so sorry about that. I think after all these years, my trusty router is dying on me, if that's even possible. My speed has been greatly reduced. Going out in a few minutes to buy a new one. Will be available all day to play just shoot a pm.

[quote name='sendme']Has their been any dates set for the first games? I glanced through the thread and didn't see any posted.[/QUOTE]

Just getting on to do that now. Neither queefdemon nor HomelessGamer have joined, so yeah...we're moving on. I hate to say it, but with the structure of the schedule, it's actually better for us to have less human players. It'll at least lighten the scheduling load when people have to play those teams.

As for a deadline for this set of games, lets put it for 9/24. I know a lot of people have played a decent amount of games already...and we've been looking at this set of games for several days now. So, 3 more days should be decent before advancing to the next set.

Also, feel free to begin making contract offers to free agents. I don't know how long the game takes for players to mull over offers (it would make sense for them to not make a decision until we advance...unless there's some kind of real time timer). Just don't go too crazy. You probably want to look at your expiring contracts to see who you need to save cap space for too. Don't say I didn't warn you, lol.

When can I play NJ and Toronto as CPU if the owners don't sign up.

On another note I'm already pretty fed up with this game. Ultimate team is just totally worthless considering I'm playing Gretzky every game and even when I dominate possession, shots, they still win because they have guys way above my number grade.

Doubly stupid they no longer show teams ratings. I'm not looking to play the NHL all century team every game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DestroVega']When can I play NJ and Toronto as CPU if the owners don't sign up.[/QUOTE]

Good question. Right now. They've had long enough to sign up...and with no contact on their end, they forfeited their right to be upset about people playing vs the CPU. At least Flyersfan has been trying and has communicated his issues. So, if people wanted to hold on on playing Philly, that's up to them. The thing is, the deadline is still coming in 3 days, so some games are just going to get simmed either way.

[quote name='jza1218']Free agents will process on the 23rd it said.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's interesting. I wonder why it went with that day specifically. I went through the free agents this morning (while I knitted a sweater and read "Crime and Punishment"), and I really wasn't too impressed with what was available. I made an offer to one player, but most everybody else wasn't any better than the prospects I have on my roster now. Plus I have a lot of expiring contracts at the end of this season, so I didn't want to go too crazy.

I took today and tomorrow off, however I have plans both days. It will be around 11p.m. CST for me tonight if I get on and I'm unsure about tomorrow. I would have had to work this weekend if I didn't use vacation so for this weekend feel free to sim if needed. Still don't even know who I would be playing.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, what time?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay. How does 5 P.M. Central work for you? If that's no good, please suggest a different time.

P.S. I am still sans headset til tomorrow, when I get back home.

[quote name='Matt Young']Sorry for the delay. How does 5 P.M. Central work for you? If that's no good, please suggest a different time.

P.S. I am still sans headset til tomorrow, when I get back home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that should work fine. I'll see you then.

[quote name='DestroVega']
On another note I'm already pretty fed up with this game. Ultimate team is just totally worthless considering I'm playing Gretzky every game and even when I dominate possession, shots, they still win because they have guys way above my number grade.

Doubly stupid they no longer show teams ratings. I'm not looking to play the NHL all century team every game.[/QUOTE]

That is one thing that was really pissing me off the first week. I think I had 8 games in the first couple days and 6 of the teams had Gretzky. It is funny though because a lot of the people in this year's game absolutely suck now that they can't be bailed out by another player after blowing past the guy trying to hit you. That and so many of those star studded teams think they'll just walk all over you with an awesome lineup but some OHL goalie.

I had some kid who had both Sedins and Kesler on one line, then a NJ line, a line with Gretzky, Stamkos, and Jagr, and then a 4th line with Kings players. The best thing was that his goalie was from I want to say the Kitchner Rangers. I ended up getting him to quit in the third when I took a 8-2 lead.

[quote name='jza1218']I stick to the single player tourneys in hut. Too many dbags to worry about online.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've always done, I think this year is the first time where I am enjoying the online HUT games more. I was looking last night and it's sad I've lost more matches to the CPU in the damn Superstar Difficulty tournament than I have online.

^ well I consider myself decent and you destroyed me so I'm sure you're fine online.

Why is it in this years game I can't open ice check anyone coming into the zone? My player does sort of a check, their guys just skate right around me with ease. I'm not even just trying to destroy guys, just slow them up body them off the pucks.

About to play Matt Young. If any of my other opponents want to play after that (Vancouver, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, or Anaheim), just message me on XBL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Predators - 1
Kings - 0

Finally picked up my first win of the season, scoring on the second shot of the game. It was a wraparound that Quick just completely misplayed. After that though, he was lights out. I was outshooting Matt 13-2 going into the 3rd period, and then he poured it on. I didn't think there was any way I'd escape with a shut out, but Rinne somehow managed to keep the puck out of the net.

I guess I feel good about the win since I had a 21-10 shot advantage, and a 9:28 to 2:44 time on attack advantage. But why that particular shot went in, and all the slappers and quick wristers didn't, I have no idea. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really a fan of the "nothing goes in...but anything might" style that NHL 13 seems to have. I'm just torn because it feels like the alternative is having the "always goals" that you have to defend perfectly. But the balance just feels off. Like the comparison I made last night, it feels like I'm playing a slot machine at times. Hooray, I got all 7's today! :derp: (really disappointed that CAG doesn't have an emoticon for this)

And here is said goal.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136214295

Ya know what's fun? Getting join requests from random people not on CAG and having to navigate the GM Connected menus to decline them. Know what's even better? After doing this, pressing start won't pull up the menu for me, so I can't quit out of GM Connected. Has anybody else had this happen? I also just finished playing Matt, so I'm not 100% sure what's triggering it.

All I can say is after you complete a game, press X to go into the mailbox, then back out, and see if pressing start works. All the other buttons work, (back button pulls up the help menu just fine). I don't know if it's happening because of handling a join request or what, but it's really freaking obnoxious.

[quote name='DestroVega']
Why is it in this years game I can't open ice check anyone coming into the zone? My player does sort of a check, their guys just skate right around me with ease. I'm not even just trying to destroy guys, just slow them up body them off the pucks.[/QUOTE]

It's really inconsistent. I've had guys on my team that have no business even throwing a check completely level guys that should not be even getting bumped off the puck let alone end up on their back. Prime example is Ovie. I know when we played my AI nailed him a few times, and I just played a match against someone online and same thing. I had little guys throwing him around like he was made of glitter. Yet I go for hits with guys like Kronwall and Ericsson who can hit and/or are pretty big on small guys and either my guy falls down or the guy just keeps going like he didn't just get hit by someone going full speed at him.

Some top players that I have seen just absolutely steamrolled are Crosby, Datsyuk, Ovie, Malkin, and Nash.

On a side note, I fucking hate Quick in this game. He literally is a brick wall unless the person you are playing against passes everything out and gives up the easy goals. I just had a HUT match where I put 48 shots on net to the other guys 8. I ended up winning in a shootout 2-1. Best thing is the guy sends me a message telling me I suck because I tapped in a goal after he passed it right to my guy for my one regulation goal.

[quote name='moojuice']St. Louis and Chicago:

Im the Avs, I'll probably be on all night an hour or two from now. On/off at time tommorrow[/QUOTE]

Should be able to play at about 11 PM CST. If that doesn't work I should be available afternoon/evening tomorrow.

St. Louis and Detroit Owners, Let me Know When You Are Available as Well

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Should be able to play at about 11 PM CST. If that doesn't work I should be available afternoon/evening tomorrow.

St. Louis and Detroit Owners, Let me Know When You Are Available as Well[/QUOTE]

Cool, send me a message if/when youre on

I (Nashville) will be online a good while tonight too. Vancouver, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim, if you'd like to play, just come find me.

[quote name='moojuice']St. Louis and Chicago:

Im the Avs, I'll probably be on all night an hour or two from now. On/off at time tommorrow[/QUOTE]

Sorry moojuice. My internet connection can be absolutely ridiculous at times. I really hope this isnt a continuous issue

Are you even able to get into the session? Other than I think was the first time, I never saw your name pop up, but then it told me you left session without you ever seemingly joining

[quote name='moojuice']Are you even able to get into the session? Other than I think was the first time, I never saw your name pop up, but then it told me you left session without you ever seemingly joining[/QUOTE]

I got into the session when I invited you, but couldnt when you invited me. Your name never showed up then either

[quote name='moojuice']Are you still online? Lets both dashboard, then try to invite me one more time[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im fed up with the internet here. Feel free to play the CPU. Its more or less my connection than any other reason.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ well I consider myself decent and you destroyed me so I'm sure you're fine online.[/QUOTE]

This...

I'm calling Montreal my early favourite to take the cup in GM Connected...

on a side note I finally received my TRU copy of NHL 13 today... Glad I didn't wait.

Predators - 3
Penguins - 0

Difference of two goalies here. Rinne was a brick wall (making up for his early performances I guess) and Fleury shit the bed. The second period made little sense. I spent much of it in the penalty box, and got outshot like 11-5, but I scored 2 goals. In the 3rd period, Brandon had to start taking more chances, and that allowed me to catch up in the shot totals. I ended up outshooting him 26-20...but the game felt pretty even to me, even if EA didn't want the final score to be.

I guess that's going to be the hardest thing about playing an 82 game season...remembering that a loss here and there really doesn't matter (nor does a win, really). I'm still blown away by the shots that the goalies let in vs the ones they save though. I had some really great chances in the 3rd period, on one timers and rebounds, and Fleury was just all over them. But on my 3rd goal, he let in a weak backhand shot off a deke on a 2 on 1. I'm just going to start explaining everything in this game by saying "Sometimes...dat what da puck do." GG, Brandon. You just rolled snake eyes in this one.

[quote name='redshadow']The devils appear to be vacant so I sent a join request. If not, I'll take the trollanders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the other guy never joined, so I'm fine with you taking them. Just accepted your join request. You're a little behind, but you might be able to get in a few games in this first set before the 9/24 deadline. Just make sure you read through the general rules and policies in the OP. Welcome aboard!

[quote name='GamerDude316']anybody heard from Carolina's owner, Ninjas in a Box? Sent him a couple PM's to play but havent heard anything...[/QUOTE]

He's a friend of mine. He's on XBL fairly often, so you might want to try messaging him on there. I told him you were trying to get in touch with him though, so hopefully you guys can get something set up. He mentioned possibly playing demeo tomorrow, so maybe you can get in on that too.

Oh, also, Mr Hockey, I rejected your trade for a couple reasons. For one, the Devils now have an owner, so I didn't want to take a player away from him like that. And secondly, you're supposed to post your trade proposals in here so the community can give feedback on if it seems like a fair deal.

I guess I don't mind them being put into the game first, since that will at least let you know if the game would allow the trade, but you still need to post them in here. I'm hoping everybody is paying attention to this because I don't want it to keep popping up. There is a section on trades in the rules listed in the first post.

[quote name='Canbanana']This...

I'm calling Montreal my early favourite to take the cup in GM Connected...

on a side note I finally received my TRU copy of NHL 13 today... Glad I didn't wait.[/QUOTE]

While I like hearing that, it is a long season. I just have to hope that something doesn't happen to Carey Price. He is pretty much the saving grace on that team. It helps he is tied for the 3rd best goalie in the game (Miller being 92, Lundquivst being 91, and then Price and Quick being 90). The rest of me team is mostly just on par with each other and has some good depth and they all have some strengths and weaknesses that I am still finding out. For instance I didn't realize Plekanec had such a deadly slapshot as a good majority of the rest of my team are just brutes who can hit.

I think it is just going to be early on until everyone gets more acquainted with the game. I have just been lucky enough to have a lot more free time as I don't have too many other responsibilities (wife, kids, etc.) as some of you do I am sure.

Against you (Minnesota), I got really lucky with that first goal on the slap shot, and I think the second one was a breakaway or odd man rush after your AI D-man decided he didn't know what the hell to do and just stood there.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Oh, also, Mr Hockey, I rejected your trade for a couple reasons. For one, the Devils now have an owner, so I didn't want to take a player away from him like that. And secondly, you're supposed to post your trade proposals in here so the community can give feedback on if it seems like a fair deal.

I guess I don't mind them being put into the game first, since that will at least let you know if the game would allow the trade, but you still need to post them in here. I'm hoping everybody is paying attention to this because I don't want it to keep popping up. There is a section on trades in the rules listed in the first post.[/QUOTE]

My bad. Sorry about that. I didn't know that.

If anyone has to play the flyers (if you didn't play the CPU, which is fine by me since I've been having connection issues) I will be available after 8 pm est.

Figures that Captain Obvious and I are having an awesome back-and-forth game capped off with a wild OT period...and I lose connection to the EA server right before the shootout. Bullshit. :(

Nate is there anyway you can input game results if we would just play a shootout online and then award the win to that team?

[quote name='Canbanana']This...

I'm calling Montreal my early favourite to take the cup in GM Connected...[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he won one of our leagues in NHL 11

[quote name='Panther1484']Figures that Captain Obvious and I are having an awesome back-and-forth game capped off with a wild OT period...and I lose connection to the EA server right before the shootout. Bullshit. :(

Nate is there anyway you can input game results if we would just play a shootout online and then award the win to that team?[/QUOTE]

Nope. As stated in the disconnect policy in the OP, you just have to take it on the chin...because that's how EA likes it.

bread's done
Back