CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='Canbanana']I'm good to play one *Minnesota*

also curious what others think of hip checks... they fair play?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they be?

[quote name='Canbanana']I want to move C D.Powe (74 overall, 27 yrs old, 1.065m, 2 YR) not looking for anything fancy for him

and

D R.Suter (88 overall, 27 yrs old, 7.540m, 13 YR) would like to see 2 players coming back for him at least 1 capable D man pref. 2 though.[/QUOTE]

Check my roster see if anything would work.

I need a goalie. Just some young talent with lots of potential.

Got three in with Wiz tonight. In game 3, he knocked out Landeskog, at least for that game.

Do multi-game injuries appear right away on the injury report? I checked right after, he isn't there, so I really really really hope it wasn't serious.

[quote name='Canbanana']I want to move C D.Powe (74 overall, 27 yrs old, 1.065m, 2 YR) not looking for anything fancy for him

and

D R.Suter (88 overall, 27 yrs old, 7.540m, 13 YR) would like to see 2 players coming back for him at least 1 capable D man pref. 2 though.[/QUOTE]

For Suter, you looking for 2 Dmen or 1 Dman and something else?

Got a good amount of games in tonight. Only have nj, Anaheim, and Toronto left.

Jza I had lag all of our game as well, but for brief periods and then it would be fine for another brief period. Repeat cycle.

I'm gone until Sunday on a golf trip but I set my team so you can play the CPU while I'm gone. Be nice and don't hurt my guys!!

[quote name='mnwild22']I'm gone until Sunday on a golf trip but I set my team so you can play the CPU while I'm gone. Be nice and don't hurt my guys!![/QUOTE]

Oh, now you tell me!

[quote name='moojuice']Got three in with Wiz tonight. In game 3, he knocked out Landeskog, at least for that game.

Do multi-game injuries appear right away on the injury report? I checked right after, he isn't there, so I really really really hope it wasn't serious.[/QUOTE]

They should. I checked right after I hurt Iginla and Tanguay last night and they were there. They didn't show on the transactions tab, but were on the injury report.

Played two of mine tonight. I had some really heavy lag against Philly in the second and third. A couple of times it was like stop-motion.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Got a good amount of games in tonight. Only have nj, Anaheim, and Toronto left.

Jza I had lag all of our game as well, but for brief periods and then it would be fine for another brief period. Repeat cycle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was pretty bad on my end. I experienced stuttering and switching players/passing took forever. Brutal. Frankly I was happy enough just to get to OT.

Damn, maybe it is me. I just assumed it was ea servers. Gotta check this new router I bought out, maybe I have to open ports or some other router related thing that I have vague knowledge about.

[quote name='mvp828']They should. I checked right after I hurt Iginla and Tanguay last night and they were there. They didn't show on the transactions tab, but were on the injury report.

Played two of mine tonight. I had some really heavy lag against Philly in the second and third. A couple of times it was like stop-motion.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, phew.

Just played Captain Obvious, got my first misconduct, and somehow this resulted in an injury that did last more than a game:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136752418

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Check my roster see if anything would work.

I need a goalie. Just some young talent with lots of potential.[/QUOTE]

Alright will have a look

[quote name='moojuice']For Suter, you looking for 2 Dmen or 1 Dman and something else?[/QUOTE]

My team isn't very deep on the blue line imo so I would like to see 2 coming my way. I could be persuaded to do it differently in the right situation though.

Trade Proposal:

OK, honestly, I feel like this deal is a bit too good for Colorado, but I did talk it with Gary, and he has his reasons, so I'll let him post it if people want to know why this was even considered.

Colorado:
Ryan O'Reilly/C/TWF/21yrs/82ovr/.975mill/1yr rem
Jean Sebastian Gigure/G/BUT/35yrs/76ovr/1.58mill/2yr rem
2013 Third rounder

Tampa
Victor Hedman/D/DFD/21yrs/85ovr/4mill/4yr rem
Anders Lindback/G/HUB/24yrs/78ovr/1.8m/2yr rem

Originally, I was just going to give up Oreily and Gigure for Hedman, but the in-game AI Commish would not approve unless a goalie was also included from Tampa

Colorado benefits:
More D Line depth.
Linback is replacement for Gigure; Linback is slightly better rated and younger, draft pick is to compensate.

Tampa Benefit:
O'Reily is dirt cheap for what he offers
Frees up cap space
Needs Forwards
Gary hates Lindback, so he is gone (his words not mine, lol)

[quote name='Canbanana']Alright will have a look

My team isn't very deep on the blue line imo so I would like to see 2 coming my way. I could be persuaded to do it differently in the right situation though.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the answer. I'm seeing if there's anything I can try to offer, but I don't think I have enough Dmen I want to part with to make a 2 Dman trade.

Ill review my roster, but feel free to make any offers if you're interested in any of my guys.

(This also goes for anyone looking to move players) Only people I am unwilling to give up are Landeskog, Duchene, and Varlomov. Johnson is almost there, but I am willing to part with him for the right offer

Man i'm such a dope, here i am thinking EA servers are down.. my Gold sub ran out, don't worry though I have a 12 month card sitting here so don't go sending me your paypal for hot dealz :D

On a side note Suter is generating a lot of interest as I expected he would so to all that have approached the table bare with me.

Since there is no GM for Chicago right now I guess I will propose the trade I would like to make here first.

Cancucks get:

M. Hossa

Blackhawks get:

R. Kesler

[quote name='moojuice']Trade Proposal:

OK, honestly, I feel like this deal is a bit too good for Colorado, but I did talk it with Gary, and he has his reasons, so I'll let him post it if people want to know why this was even considered.

Colorado:
Ryan O'Reilly/C/TWF/21yrs/82ovr/.975mill/1yr rem
Jean Sebastian Gigure/G/BUT/35yrs/76ovr/1.58mill/2yr rem
2013 Third rounder

Tampa
Victor Hedman/D/DFD/21yrs/85ovr/4mill/4yr rem
Anders Lindback/G/HUB/24yrs/78ovr/1.8m/2yr rem

Originally, I was just going to give up Oreily and Gigure for Hedman, but the in-game AI Commish would not approve unless a goalie was also included from Tampa

Colorado benefits:
More D Line depth.
Linback is replacement for Gigure; Linback is slightly better rated and younger, draft pick is to compensate.

Tampa Benefit:
O'Reily is dirt cheap for what he offers
Frees up cap space
Needs Forwards
Gary hates Lindback, so he is gone (his words not mine, lol)[/QUOTE]

so what's going on with our trade then? yesterday you said you would approve it when u got home and as of right now you still haven't. curious why you would be dealing away 2 pretty good centers...

I did accept, the game just won't actually move players until the next period I think. If it's supposed to be immediate, send it again, maybe I did something wrong?

As for centers, the way I see it, I'm just down Stasny- Leino will be a replacement player for OReilly in terms of depth (OReilly was actually my third line center, I still got others who can step in). My D lines have more depth now with the first trade, and if the second goes through. With Canbananas game as an exeption, everyone who has played me can tell you my strength is in defense, and bolstering my defense will only help

Played 3 against Moojuice last night, he won 4-0, then 2-1, then 1-0, it was a matter of wearing him down. Had we gone to a 4th game I have no doubt I would lose in OT/Shootout. He plays solid D for sure, should be a contender come playoff time

I still have 4 to play in this time frame as the Sharks, my time tonight is hit or miss but if anyone is looking for me send an XBOX message, I have the XBOX app and can check for messages from that and hopefully get in a game or two.

[quote name='moojuice']I did accept, the game just won't actually move players until the next period I think. If it's supposed to be immediate, send it again, maybe I did something wrong?

As for centers, the way I see it, I'm just down Stasny- Leino will be a replacement player for OReilly in terms of depth (OReilly was actually my third line center, I still got others who can step in). My D lines have more depth now with the first trade, and if the second goes through. With Canbananas game as an exeption, everyone who has played me can tell you my strength is in defense, and bolstering my defense will only help[/QUOTE]

Ahh okay, sorry to jump on ya there, I didn't realize it took so long for the trade to process. Also, I forgot about Leino, so I thought you were gonna be down to 1 center. But that strategy makes sense if you wanna have top-notch D. And you'll be happy to know Leino's having a pretty good start to the season with 8 points in 8 games.

[quote name='ajh2298']Since there is no GM for Chicago right now I guess I will propose the trade I would like to make here first.

Cancucks get:

M. Hossa

Blackhawks get:

R. Kesler[/QUOTE]

I took over Chicago last night and I couldn't find any games to get in, but I would like to play a few games to get a feel for them before making any moves.

Anybody thin with forwards:

Max Talbot is up for trade. 28 years old, $1.6 million 1 yr remaining. 79 overall, has 3 goals and an assist so far this season I believe (ea sports companion app is not working so I can't look it up at the moment.) He can play all three positions, currently playing Center since Briere is down for 40+ games.

Im looking for anything really, no specific area.

[quote name='Twick87']Ahh okay, sorry to jump on ya there, I didn't realize it took so long for the trade to process. Also, I forgot about Leino, so I thought you were gonna be down to 1 center. But that strategy makes sense if you wanna have top-notch D. And you'll be happy to know Leino's having a pretty good start to the season with 8 points in 8 games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the trade definitely got accepted because it came to me for approval. I approved it, so it probably is just a matter of advancing before it goes into effect.

If anyone has proposed a trade via iOS app, im pretty sure it doesn't work. Unless people are flat out ignoring my proposals...

[quote name='Twick87']If anyone has proposed a trade via iOS app, im pretty sure it doesn't work. Unless people are flat out ignoring my proposals...[/QUOTE]

Most likely it doesn't work. The Madden community discovered today that Connected Careers is so broken that we basically need to start over. I'm really just sick of EA at this point.

[quote name='DestroVega']Oh, now you tell me![/QUOTE]

Ha, that was one of the craziest ending to a game I have seen. You had me beat on the final shot of the shootout...completely open net and he hits the pipe dead center. I couldnt believe it. Fun stuff :applause:

I would at least pm people if you haven't been. I don't check the GM'S mode in box every day, so yours and mine probably sat there a few days before I even knew it was there.

I know it's still early, but several people have posted... Seems like no issues with the proposed Colorado /Tampa trade for those who have seen it?

[quote name='moojuice']I would at least pm people if you haven't been. I don't check the GM'S mode in box every day, so yours and mine probably sat there a few days before I even knew it was there.

I know it's still early, but several people have posted... Seems like no issues with the proposed Colorado /Tampa trade for those who have seen it?[/QUOTE]

I think you're good to go with that one...I haven't heard anything against it. And at this point, if you're against the trade but not keeping up with the thread then it's your own fault.

[quote name='moojuice']I know it's still early, but several people have posted... Seems like no issues with the proposed Colorado /Tampa trade for those who have seen it?[/QUOTE]

Well, to me, I broke the trade down like

Hedman is probably worth more than O'Reilly (both same age...but Hedman will probably be an absolute beast in a couple years)
Lindback is definitely worth more than Giguere at this point in their careers (I wouldn't want Giguere, but I know that Gary was uspet with his goalie)

Tampa Bay is also dumping a little bit of salary, so there's that too.

Is the 3rd round pick enough compensation to make up the difference?

Ehh...maybe, but you even mentioned yourself that the deal was a bit too good coming your way. You also said you were originally going to do O'Reilly/Giguere for Hedman...which would leave Lindback for a 3rd round pick. Is getting a goalie in the 3rd round rated 78 possible? Would bumping the pick up to a 2nd rounder be reasonable?

Just got done playing the Habs owner no way he doesnt go all the way this season. I played one of what I thought was one of my better games and he beat me 2-0. It would have been worse but Bobby Lu kept me in the game. The only kind of offense I could muster were bad angle shots from the blue line and with no net front presence they were worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Twick87']If anyone has proposed a trade via iOS app, im pretty sure it doesn't work. Unless people are flat out ignoring my proposals...[/QUOTE]

I thought we had to post in here first before making any proposals in game.

I'm fine with that Avs lightning trade btw.

You're right about Lindback being basically traded for the third rounder, didnt think about it that way. I actually was going to offer a second round pick, but I don't have one lol. I think the Avs IRL sent it to the Blues in the trade that got them Eric Johnson. I could offer a first rounder, but at that point I think it's a bit too much. I'd be willing two swap it to a first rounder if it means getting approval or maybe swap for a lower goalie

As for Hedman for OReilly, it's a risk on both Tampa and Colorado as far as how each will develop. I believe both have 4 to 4.5 stars potential. I actually think the risk is greater for me as I'm going to be eating up way more cap space. Both are young still, Hedman is only 3 points higher overall.

I'd be willing to make modifications to the deal if needed, just addressing the points against it.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I thought we had to post in here first before making any proposals in game.

I'm fine with that Avs lightning trade btw.[/QUOTE]

Once it was learned that I have to actually approve all trades in the game anyway, we figured there was no harm in at least seeing if the game would allow it before needing to discuss it. People should still post the trade in here after they propose it though. It may seem redundant, but as cumbersome as the menu system is in GM Connected, I'd much rather be able to think about a trade on CAG than have to go look everything up in the game.

[quote name='moojuice']You're right about Lindback being basically traded for the third rounder, didnt think about it that way. I actually was going to offer a second round pick, but I don't have one lol. I think the Avs IRL sent it to the Blues in the trade that got them Eric Johnson. I could offer a first rounder, but at that point I think it's a bit too much. I'd be willing two swap it to a first rounder if it means getting approval or maybe swap for a lower goalie

As for Hedman for OReilly, it's a risk on both Tampa and Colorado as far as how each will develop. I believe both have 4 to 4.5 stars potential. I actually think the risk is greater for me as I'm going to be eating up way more cap space. Both are young still, Hedman is only 3 points higher overall.

I'd be willing to make modifications to the deal if needed, just addressing the points against it.[/QUOTE]

Well, considering all the extra maneuvering it would take, as long as Gary is ok with it, I think it's fine. Yeah, you might be getting a slightly better deal, but like you said, if you moved it up to a first rounder, the situation would just be reversed. If Gary's ok with it, I'll sign off on it. What's good for Gaga is good for me! :lol:

I'm good with it honestly. Hedman might be a beast later on but I have very high hopes for O'Reilly honestly. I gutted goalies and moved up a few ahl goalies for the time being since I've seen them play IRL and they have potential. Whether that translates to the game is to be seen. How ever, Alan takes some of that Sal cap limit off of me(phew) and gets MAYBE a good goalie (I don't want him or to even see his name anymore) and some good depth at D. Honestly, the money Hedman was getting he didn't put up great numbers for it.

yeah, I think the deals posted sound fair enough. No real issues against it.

Also, I'll be on tomorrow after 5:30 EST to play some of my games, sorry I havent gotten back to those who PMed me its been a crazy couple days.

If any team sees themselves as building for next season and is looking for prospects, I might be willing to deal a pair (not Kreider though) for a solid LW.

I'm going to be online after 10 PM EST tonight, private message me if you want to play. I might be bopping to Madden for a game so I'll try to wait to play that later.

Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
K ellerby d (which is killing me!)
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

I get a high priced d and a better goalie

You get cap room
And a potential great d man low paid
And a draft pick.

Tampa - 3
Wild - 1

Canbanana, good game. You should have had that game since you outshot me by half. If I had Lindback,the game would have been yours.

I'm glad I put faith in Garon. He was a beast tonight. Saved 26 of 27 shots. Was amazing the whole night. The way he played tonight is the way I have seen him in person play (which we know translates so well in EA games) Brewer earned his keep along with Vinny(he must know I want to trade him so, he is upping his game.) Uploading some videos soon.

Vinny trying to earn his keep.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136855682

Brewer earning his keep as well.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/136854603

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

You get cap room
And a draft pick.[/QUOTE]

What are the ratings, age and contracts/.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Wild
Suter
And j Harding

For

Panthers

S.clemmensen g
And 2nd round pick

League approved.

You get cap room
And a draft pick.[/QUOTE]

Can you put overall ratings, ages, and contracts for the players? (actually...we should probably be including potential ratings too...it's just weird using the star system) I know it's a chore considering how slow the menus are, but it would make it easier to evaluate the trade.

Wild

Suter/88 OVR/Age 27/ 7.540 mil/13 YL/ 4 and a half stars. Reached Potential

Harding/80 OVR/ Age 28/ 1.900 Mil/ 2 YL/ 4 Stars. Reached Potential

Panthers

Clemmensen/ 76 Ovr/ Age 35/ 1.200 Mil/ 2 YL/ 3 stars. Reached Potential
Ellerby/ 77 Ovr/ Age 23/ 0.700 Mil/ 1 YL/ 4 Star potential 50/50 Chance of reaching it.

Alan and I learned the star rating last night and I was bored. So there ya go.

bread's done
Back