CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

LA still has 3 games left to play, 2 being against Chicago and 1 against Detroit. I can play at the usual time- 3:30 Pacific/6:30 Eastern and after, but I usually go to bed around 8-8:30 Pacific.

Predators - 4
Oilers - 3

Just played a great game with Captain Obvious. Three lead changes in the game. I was up 1-0, then he pulled ahead 2-1, then I pulled ahead 4-2, then he mounted 3rd period rally that almost brought him all the way back. I ended up outshooting him 26-16, even though he had about :20 more time on attack. Really, a pretty close game, with nothing blatantly horrible...which is as much as I can ask of an EA game, lol. GG, Captain Obvious!

Only game I have left is against Dallas. I PM'd him a day or two ago, but haven't heard anything. I'll give him some more time...but if we don't get something set up, I'll plan on playing the CPU before we advance. Not that even games against the CPU are a given (considering the two I split with Columbus), but I'd really rather not subject myself to random sims anymore after taking two on the chin simming against St. Louis.

EDIT - Man, that would be an excellent skater name for EASHL. "Two On The Chin", haha.

'Nucks, I'll be on after I'm done with my basketball game. Should be about 7:30 EST, and will be on until probably 1 or 2 AM. If you see me playing something else shoot me a message and I'll switch over as soon as I can.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/138252888
Gonna hook up my recording stuff another day to get a higher quality version of this

Upper Right on photo:
402A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_dYs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...like I said, they test the game about as thoroughly as the employees at Gamestop do for trade ins. "Uh-huh...yup! The game loads. Looks good, boss!"

Still need to play against Detroit. Maybe that can be done tonight. I think I'm going to switch out Halak for Elliott. The last game Halak seemed to come out of the crease way to much and left a lot open. Also I think I need to dig out one of my other controllers. I think in the one I have my left stick is constantly pressed in, so I'm not sure if it is registering a constant burst or even registering the burst in speed at all.

Tampa, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Boston... we need to get our games in today. please let me know I'd you will be available or not tonight. If not, will you set it up to where I can play CPU please.

Canucks owner will try and be on tonight around 10:00pm EST. I might not be around though at all. if not I will set my team to the "CPU" and you guys feel free to play me that way. It got cold here for the first time this year so when i fired up the furnace it sounded like the friggin TARDIS from Dr Who. So I called the guy and he is coming today to look at it but if its cold again I might stay at my parents house so i wont have access to my X-Box.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Mine has been set on cpu since we advanced.[/QUOTE]

yeah my bad man, I was referring to the guys who do not have them enabled for today since we are advancing tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I rather play against a human than a CPU. but if I was unable to get a game in against you than I rather play CPU than having the game simmed. Will you be able to play today, Vulcan?

Ninjas in a Box- You have the whole day tomorrow. I don't think Nate plans to advance til the following morning.

Destro- Dallas was set on CPU when I played them in this schedule block. San Jose guy said this in a PM to me: "If you are on and dont see me send a XBLA message as I usually check that App when I am around but not on XBOX". I was able to schedule with him that way, so maybe give it a try.

[quote name='DestroVega']Need to play Dallas and San Jose. Sent you guys PMs Saturday, haven't gotten a response.[/QUOTE]

Trying for tonight, probably after 9 EST as usual for me, sorry I missed your PM earlier

[quote name='wiz2020']Trying for tonight, probably after 9 EST as usual for me, sorry I missed your PM earlier[/QUOTE]

I'll be on. Hit me up.

Just had a hell of game with the Canucks... Both our goalies brought their A games for the first period, then forgot their game in the locker room.

0-0 at the end of 1, and then Higgins scored 4 minutes in to give VAN the lead. I tied it up with Prust three minutes later. Then he scored with Booth 5 minutes later to retake the lead and followed it up with a Henrik goal one minute and twenty seconds later. Ended the 2nd down 3-1.

Came out in the third and scored with Cole 42 seconds in to make it 3-2 Vancouver. Next goal came at the 11:42 mark when I scored with Plekanec to knot it back up... Or at least for 31 seconds until Hanson scored to give Vancouver a 4-3 lead. With 4:58 remaining I was able to tie it back up with Plekanec at 4-4. After a late takeaway Gionta ended up hitting one home with 4 seconds remaining to get the 5-4 lead and the win.

Great game. Way too stressful. Price needs to not do that again... Ever.

What have most of you guys been doing if you have a game(s) left and not gotten a response from the owner and it's the last day? Do you sim or play against the CPU? I didn't know if anything was frowned upon or not.

[quote name='chriscolbert']What have most of you guys been doing if you have a game(s) left and not gotten a response from the owner and it's the last day? Do you sim or play against the CPU? I didn't know if anything was frowned upon or not.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's kind of a fickle thing because to even be able to play the CPU, your opponent has to choose to allow it. If your opponent hasn't done that, the game has to be simmed (unless I just kick the person out of the league...which would be a pain to do more than a couple times). There's no option for me to put people on auto pilot like there is in Madden. So, it really sucks if someone just becomes unresponsive and lets a handful of games sit unplayed...basically forcing them to be simmed.

Eventually though, that would force my hand in removing the person from the league if they continue to be a problem. But yeah...if the person has turned on CPU play for their team, I think waiting until the last day is more than fair. On the day of the deadline, all best are off, and if you have a playable game, definitely play it. I'm about to do the same thing tonight with my game against Dallas (never responded to my PM).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, it's kind of a fickle thing because to even be able to play the CPU, your opponent has to choose to allow it. If your opponent hasn't done that, the game has to be simmed (unless I just kick the person out of the league...which would be a pain to do more than a couple times). There's no option for me to put people on auto pilot like there is in Madden. So, it really sucks if someone just becomes unresponsive and lets a handful of games sit unplayed...basically forcing them to be simmed.

Eventually though, that would force my hand in removing the person from the league if they continue to be a problem. But yeah...if the person has turned on CPU play for their team, I think waiting until the last day is more than fair. On the day of the deadline, all best are off, and if you have a playable game, definitely play it. I'm about to do the same thing tonight with my game against Dallas (never responded to my PM).[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I need to play Anaheim and they have it set to where I could play the CPU, but I didn't know if that was always the case. Thanks for the clarification!

[quote name='GamerDude316']I had a game against the Devils left as of earlier tonight (he hasnt responded to my last PM) and have myself set to CPU.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I added you on XBL I thought. :/

What time do we advance on the days we advance? I logged in yesterday thinking I would see the new games however it was blank. I had told someone Monday night that they could play the CPU because I might not get back on. If I knew we would still be able to play yesterday I would have asked if we could have just rescheduled the game for then. Hell I don't even know the outcome of that game and I would like to know if Elliott did better than Halak has been doing, but I could not find the score from the game as of yesterday.

Also out of curiosity does anyone play just one position or do you let it switch to the player with the puck?

To put your team on CPU, you select the game you want to put to CPU, then I think the option is "enable cpu against opponent" or something along those lines.

As far as advancement, it's usually the morning of the day after the deadline, meaning you have thru the end of the due date. For results, you should be able to see them by using the trigger a few times in the home menu to see box scores

I have done that and I can not find the the score for my last game. It's good to know that about the deadline. I will post in this thread if it does, but I'm seeing graphic glitches on both NHL 13 and Mass Effect 3 now. I also just had a disc read error, so I think my 360 is about to call it quits. When it does I will post in here.

Looks like I have Chicago, Buffalo 2x, Carolina, Rangers, and Kings this time around. I'll be on most the day after 4PM EST, so shoot me a message if I'm on something else and I'll switch over.

You still on my friends list, MVP? I have a friend coming over but I will be on at some point tonight and will check for you. I'm the Kings. Otherwise, I can play tomorrow from about 6:30 PM. Eastern on.

For those who weren't aware, we have advanced to the next section of games. Again, I know the system isn't ideal, but if you don't intend on contacting your opponent and scheduling a time to play your games, please set your games to allow the CPU to play for you.

This set of games will be due by 10/14 at 11:59 PM EST.

[quote name='mvp828']Looks like I have Chicago, Buffalo 2x, Carolina, Rangers, and Kings this time around. I'll be on most the day after 4PM EST, so shoot me a message if I'm on something else and I'll switch over.[/QUOTE]

I'm Chicago and can play either between 6:30 - 8:00 PM EST or anytime after 10:30 PM. I'll have Dishonored waiting for me when I get home so if I'm playing that just send me a message but I'll check NHL before playing anything else.

I'm in a rough spot this week, I only have tomorrow night after 9-about 12 EST and Saturday 5pm-about 9pm EST really open to play. Emergency time Sunday morning 10-11AM and Sunday night 8-10pm.

I scheduled one game for tomorrow night already, I need to lock down games with Ranger, Penquins, Flyers, and Hurricanes.

If you guys have anything open already that you know of let me know.

[quote name='Matt Young']You still on my friends list, MVP? I have a friend coming over but I will be on at some point tonight and will check for you. I'm the Kings. Otherwise, I can play tomorrow from about 6:30 PM. Eastern on.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are on there anymore. I think last year when I went through I removed a bunch of people that I didn't play with in a long time and I think you were one of them. I'm going to send you another FR. If you make it tonight awesome, if not I'll be on tomorrow.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm Chicago and can play either between 6:30 - 8:00 PM EST or anytime after 10:30 PM. I'll have Dishonored waiting for me when I get home so if I'm playing that just send me a message but I'll check NHL before playing anything else.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on during both those times, so just shoot me a message.

Played my 2 games for this session against the computer earlier. I had one of the most ridiculous goals against Columbus. Cole was in front of the net and got laid out just as I fired a slap shot from the left point. The puck ended up hitting Cole's skate while he was falling back and went just inside the post. It was reviewed for being kicked in, but the goal stood. I've had plenty of crazy goals, but that was probably one of the two craziest. The other being a slapper from the point that hit a defensive players leg and then floated at the goalie and over his head and in.

Lastly, for those of you that play HUT, quick question. Has anyone bought the Mega Pack with the 30 cards and 18 rares? I was wondering if anyone had any idea about how many players you got and how many high end players were included? I'm debating whether to just buy 2 Gold Jumbos, the Mega, or sit on my pucks and get up to 50k for the next time they run the Jumbo Player pack with 24 players (or however many there were) with the majority of them being rare. I got lucky and scored a Corey Perry in a Gold Jumbo the other day and ended up putting him on auction on accident. Luckily I ended up bringing in 23k for him, but it sucks because I probably would have got quite a bit more if the auction was during prime hours and not ending at 3 AM.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm in a rough spot this week, I only have tomorrow night after 9-about 12 EST and Saturday 5pm-about 9pm EST really open to play. Emergency time Sunday morning 10-11AM and Sunday night 8-10pm.

I scheduled one game for tomorrow night already, I need to lock down games with Ranger, Penquins, Flyers, and Hurricanes.

If you guys have anything open already that you know of let me know.[/QUOTE]

I can try to squeeze something in Saturday at that time frame.

Mvp, about half your rares will be consumables, not worth it if you have a lot of them banked. Player quality didn't seem different from any other pack. This my experience from three mega packs (got a crapton of pucks from selling a Crosby, glad I didn't spend real money on the three)

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm in a rough spot this week, I only have tomorrow night after 9-about 12 EST and Saturday 5pm-about 9pm EST really open to play. Emergency time Sunday morning 10-11AM and Sunday night 8-10pm.

If you guys have anything open already that you know of let me know.[/QUOTE]

I'll just post this here as well for anyone who has to play me. I'm unavailable until Friday, will be available from 5pm eastern on, and am wide open on the weekend.

Destro, does 5:30 EST Saturday work?

[quote name='moojuice']Mvp, about half your rares will be consumables, not worth it if you have a lot of them banked. Player quality didn't seem different from any other pack. This my experience from three mega packs (got a crapton of pucks from selling a Crosby, glad I didn't spend real money on the three)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha... Yea I posted on the NHL 13 forums and it seems like that has been the consensus. This is the first year I have ever spend any actual points on packs. I had something like 640 points so I bought two of the 40 point ones and 560 point ones. I rarely ever get XBLA or DLC with the exception of the DLC for FPS, so I figured I might as well give them a shot.

One guy was saying that he has been lucky and has got a Zetty and Gaborik, but not much else. I'll probably hold off for the player pack. It sucks because I have a shit load of injury and training cards, but never use them. I think my consumables right now is at 56/60.

San Jose, Colorado, Boston, Phoenix...gonna send you a PM, but I can play later tonight or late tomorrow night...can't play Friday at all or Saturday. Could maybe do Sunday at some point earlier.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just outshot CPU Toronto 21-19...and lost 3-0. Thanks, EA! fuck you too! :D[/QUOTE]

same here. just played mvp and won twice (good, close games btw) and then played CPU Boston and CPU Toronto and lost both...sweet.

[quote name='jza1218']I can try to squeeze something in Saturday at that time frame.[/QUOTE]

I now am free Saturday 4:30-midnight so I have a little more flexible time.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I'll just post this here as well for anyone who has to play me. I'm unavailable until Friday, will be available from 5pm eastern on, and am wide open on the weekend.

Destro, does 5:30 EST Saturday work?[/QUOTE]

Ill pencil you in for 5:30

[quote name='DestroVega']I now am free Saturday 4:30-midnight so I have a little more flexible time.[/QUOTE]

Great. I can definitely play a game in that time frame.

I lost to CPU Toronto as well...2-0 in a tight game. No score till 5:00 left in the 3rd when Leafs scored off a faceoff, they added an empty net goal with 30 seconds left.

Anyway, sent PM's to the rest of my opponents, Detroit, Winnipeg, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. Guess Buffalo already played me since I havent disabled my CPU setting yet?

bread's done
Back