CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='GamerDude316']I lost to CPU Toronto as well...2-0 in a tight game. No score till 5:00 left in the 3rd when Leafs scored off a faceoff, they added an empty net goal with 30 seconds left.

Anyway, sent PM's to the rest of my opponents, Detroit, Winnipeg, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. Guess Buffalo already played me since I havent disabled my CPU setting yet?[/QUOTE]

Yea sorry man, I played ur CPU. Don't worry, you won lol. I figured u were unavailable to play hence why I had the option to play CPU. I thought u had to individually set each game to play CPU.

When I lost to CPU Toronto it was 0-0 and then they scored with about 2 mins left. Then they scored an empty netter from their own zone. That was cool too...

[quote name='Twick87']Yea sorry man, I played ur CPU. Don't worry, you won lol. I figured u were unavailable to play hence why I had the option to play CPU. I thought u had to individually set each game to play CPU.[/QUOTE]

Lol yea I saw that, its all good no harm no foul. If I'd played you I probably would have gotten yet another Bruin hurt anyway....

[quote name='Twick87']same here. just played mvp and won twice (good, close games btw) and then played CPU Boston and CPU Toronto and lost both...sweet.[/QUOTE]

Yes very good games... That first one I/you put me in a hole early and just couldn't mount up a big enough comeback. Half of my losses now have been after giving up 3 early goals and then mounting a comeback but just running out of time.

Did anyone ever find out if there is any sort of goalie fatigue in GM Connected? I swear Price has been utter shit the past few games. 6 goals allowed between one game with Buffalo and one game against LA. Before those I think he had given up more than 2 only twice through the first 20 games.

Price and Quick both pretty much took the game off when Matt and I just played. Good game, just not by either of them.

On another note... Today was a shit day for the health of my team. Before today I had a total of 4 injuries through 21 games with only one of them being more than 5 games (Subban got knocked out for 20+ with a concussion). Through 6 games today I lost two more players Rafeal Diaz for 15 and Brian Gionta for 46. The sad thing is, I'm not even surprised Gionta got injured. Poor little bastard has been getting thrown around all season like a drunk college cheerleader.

Brandon beating me 3-1 and my Xbox decides to not freeze but go 1 frame per 30 seconds. Still watching it somewhat move. I've never seen this before.

Awesome, since the game froze while I was up 3-1, Destro quit so I would get the win. Game showed me a 3-0 so it registered that he quit but now the game is still on the schedule.

Great job again EA.

[quote name='DarkTower80']Awesome, since the game froze while I was up 3-1, Destro quit so I would get the win. Game showed me a 3-0 so it registered that he quit but now the game is still on the schedule.

Great job again EA.[/QUOTE]

Wow...good idea trying to outthink EA, guys. But yeah...when their servers want to fuck up, they really fuck up. It's like EA's thinking "Hey...wait just a second! I see you trying to do something classy and sportsmanlike there. No! That isn't allowed!" haha. Just like our last EASHL game last night. It blows my mind how online is virtually the same thing year after year, and yet they have these continuous problems. Glad that Online Pass money is going to good use. :roll:

[quote name='DarkTower80']Awesome, since the game froze while I was up 3-1, Destro quit so I would get the win. Game showed me a 3-0 so it registered that he quit but now the game is still on the schedule.

Great job again EA.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention my brother quit on me up 1-0 with .6 left and that didn't count either. I'm willing to play both of you and let you score empty net and we stand there doing something else for 14 mins same with him.

FYI to everyone. Let the game finish no matter what. Put the controller down and make a sandwich if its that heartbreaking.

[quote name='DestroVega']Not to mention my brother quit on me up 1-0 with .6 left and that didn't count either. I'm willing to play both of you and let you score empty net and we stand there doing something else for 14 mins same with him.

FYI to everyone. Let the game finish no matter what. Put the controller down and make a sandwich if its that heartbreaking.[/QUOTE]

LOL...you made your brother rage quit? Am I reading that right? :whistle2:s

[quote name='Twick87']Yea sorry man, I played ur CPU. Don't worry, you won lol. I figured u were unavailable to play hence why I had the option to play CPU. I thought u had to individually set each game to play CPU.[/QUOTE]

As soon as you set one game to CPU all games go there. Everyone should enable it to be safe, I did a while ago.

Anyone looking for San Jose I am usually on every night after 9 PM EST, send a XBLA message if you dont see me online and I can reply pretty quickly through the XBOX app

So if owners have their teams already set to CPU from the first day of the advancement is it ok just to play the CPU in those cases? I am thinking of the Ducks and Oilers owners they always seem to have their games set to CPU.

I think the unwritten rule is to wait to the last possible day to play those games, unless the owner specifically says it's okay. Reason being is cpu settings carry week to week. I also think some people do it preemptively just in case something comes up, but still want to play if possible

[quote name='moojuice']I think the unwritten rule is to wait to the last possible day to play those games, unless the owner specifically says it's okay. Reason being is cpu settings carry week to week. I also think some people do it preemptively just in case something comes up, but still want to play if possible[/QUOTE]

Probably should be officially stated by Nate or somebody though cause people forget (ie, buffalo playing my CPU last night on the first night of a new set of games). Not ragging on the buffalo owner at all, just think it should be more clearly defined to try and minimize future occurrences.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Probably should be officially stated by Nate or somebody though cause people forget (ie, buffalo playing my CPU last night on the first night of a new set of games). Not ragging on the buffalo owner at all, just think it should be more clearly defined to try and minimize future occurrences.[/QUOTE]

I think Nate did say that

[quote name='ajh2298']So if owners have their teams already set to CPU from the first day of the advancement is it ok just to play the CPU in those cases? I am thinking of the Ducks and Oilers owners they always seem to have their games set to CPU.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. People are doing this as a courtesy in case things get close to the deadline and games have yet to be played. Playing any team with an owner the first chance you get just because they happen to be set to CPU is a dick move. Nobody should be doing this. There's no reason people can't send out PM's and at least ask the owner if they'd like to play the game. Obviously, not coming down on you here, ajh, but it's happened a few times with people already...and I want to put the kibosh on this line of thinking immediately.

[quote name='moojuice']I think the unwritten rule is to wait to the last possible day to play those games, unless the owner specifically says it's okay. Reason being is cpu settings carry week to week. I also think some people do it preemptively just in case something comes up, but still want to play if possible[/QUOTE]

And people wonder why leagues have so many rules. It's because there's no room for common sense and "unwritten rules" on the internet. Guess I'll be drafting up a few more bullet points for the OP.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Is there an Android app to keep up with league info?[/QUOTE]

Nope. NHL app is iOS only.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Probably should be officially stated by Nate or somebody though cause people forget (ie, buffalo playing my CPU last night on the first night of a new set of games). Not ragging on the buffalo owner at all, just think it should be more clearly defined to try and minimize future occurrences.[/QUOTE]

It was addressed the last time it came up. I didn't add it to the OP at the time, because lets be honest, how many people would go look at the OP before playing the CPU anyway? But yeah, I'll do that now so at least there are no excuses. I'm thinking a punishment system of a one time warning, followed by having to set your own team to CPU for 3 games is reasonable. I would do 1 for 1, but to me...people need to be paying attention, and just playing the CPU whenever you feel like it isn't going to fly.

To anybody who needs to play the Canucks I will be on tonight from around 10:00 to 12:00 est. And if we can set up a time today I could be on from 9:00 am tomorrow to about 2:00 pm est. Just message me here on via XBL to set-up times to play.

p.s.
If I am on and playing Dishonored just message me and I will switch games.

I played MVP last night. Not sure who is on my schedule since I forgot to write it down, but I do have 1 game against Colorado. I don't know if I can play tonight or not, but I can definitely play multiple games tomorrow afternoon and evening if the Kings' opponents are available.

I have not logged into NHL in the past few days. Not sure who needs to play St. Louis, but I'm free some Saturday and as of right now all day Sunday and Monday.

Have a total of 7 games. To play. I'm glad 3 are against the CPU. I simulated all 3 of them. The two with Elliot I won and the one with halak. I lost. Halak really has been letting a lot in the net the past few games. I think I might start playing Elliot.

[quote name='sendme']I have not logged into NHL in the past few days. Not sure who needs to play St. Louis, but I'm free some Saturday and as of right now all day Sunday and Monday.[/QUOTE]

We have a game, I am the Pens. Saturday is lining up to be pretty crazy for me but I should be able to play Sunday night after about 6 pm MST.

Winnipeg and New Jersey, let me know when you guys are ready to play.

I want to say good game to Montreal, Washington, Pittsburgh and Colorado. All of you guys did well. Toronto, you and your CPU skills are no match against Carolina. Toronto are a bunch of punks and will always be punks.

[quote name='DarkTower80']We have a game, I am the Pens. Saturday is lining up to be pretty crazy for me but I should be able to play Sunday night after about 6 pm MST.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be able to play Saturday unless it was really early or really late anyway. Sunday seems to be the best day for me this weekend to play. I will be on at 6 your time.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Hey Matt. I got you on this scd. When do you want to play[/QUOTE]

I can play tonight if you're available, just have to be done before midnight Eastern since that's when I have a Madden league game scheduled. Please let me know what time works for you, and we can probably set it up.

Forgive me for this, but didn't I see something earlier that said the last schedule block was the last time to sign free agents? I did a search and someone else posted it as well, yet I'm on the screen right now looking at free agents.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Forgive me for this, but didn't I see something earlier that said the last schedule block was the last time to sign free agents? I did a search and someone else posted it as well, yet I'm on the screen right now looking at free agents.[/QUOTE]

It did say something about free agents. I think it had something to do with qualifying free agents. Which the only thing I can think of is RFA, but that wouldn't apply to this time of year. Like you, I was also looking at them the other day since I'm in need of some D-men and RWers since my team has become an injury hotbed for both positions.

The only other thing I can think of is rookies that haven't been signed by their drafted team. If anyone knows for sure, it would be interesting to know.

Also I know Darktower and I were curious to know if anyone has figured out how to resign and/or cut players? It'd be nice to lock up some of my UFAs and RFAs now to give an idea of what my cap might look like for next season.

Tomorrow I'm playing Flyers at 5:30 pm eastern and Rangers at some point. Just want to confirm. Also, Pens we can do our rematch me pull out my goalie you score we sit for 15 mins whenever you want.

[quote name='DestroVega']Tomorrow I'm playing Flyers at 5:30 pm eastern and Rangers at some point. Just want to confirm. Also, Pens we can do our rematch me pull out my goalie you score we sit for 15 mins whenever you want.[/QUOTE]

I'll be in our games ready up menu at 5:30.

To anybody playing the Canucks feel free to play the CPU I am going to get stuck working a double today. So after not getting home till 10:30pm tonight just to turn right back around to be here again at 5:15 on Sunday morning video games will have to wait.

[quote name='DestroVega']Tomorrow I'm playing Flyers at 5:30 pm eastern and Rangers at some point. Just want to confirm. Also, Pens we can do our rematch me pull out my goalie you score we sit for 15 mins whenever you want.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on a little later than that.

Having one hell of a battle with my internet provider. Tried to play N8 last night but I could not connect to EA servers.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I did a speed test and I am getting 7.5 mbs... I pay for 100 mbs
That is a little frustrating to say the least.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']Having one hell of a battle with my internet provider. Tried to play N8 last night but I could not connect to EA servers.
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I did a speed test and I am getting 7.5 mbs... I pay for 100 mbs
That is a little frustrating to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's insane. If I was paying for 100mbps and having those problems, I'd lose my mind. That's so much more than playing an online game needs. You should be easily able to stream full HD with 7.1 surround sound with that speed.

Teams playing Detroit, I'm not gonna be able to play tomorrow like I thought I was gonna, so I'm going to set my games to CPU tonight.

whoever needs to play winnipeg go ahead and play my cpu. today and tomorrow I'm gonna be busy most of the day so don't think I'll get any play time in.

Got the replay with Destro done. Totally classy way to handle a crappy job by EA. He pulled his goalie to let me go up 1-0 and then we just killed the clock.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Wow, trying learn more about the NHL rules by playing NHL 13 would be like saying I want to learn more about boot camp by playing Call of Duty.

This whole article has me smacking my head. Good thing this is the first year we can use a female!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/13/failing-the-nhl-13-academy/#continued[/QUOTE]

Meh...I get what the guy is trying to say, but I think expecting a video game to teach you what the sport is and how to play it is a bit stupid. If you didn't have much exposure to the sport before that, why would you be buying the game to begin with? Oh wait...when you're a reviewer and you get games sent to you for free, you don't really take that into account. Silly me.

To me, it comes off as an instance of a gamer trying to find a reason to tolerate sports, as opposed to a sports fan trying to find a reason to tolerate the game. I definitely consider myself to be in the latter category. If he has an actual desire to learn about hockey, buy "Hockey For Dummies", rent Hockey DVDs, etc (I'd say "watch games" but uh...yeah, lol). You also can't expect to pick up on much when you play the game three times for 20 minutes each time. I always find it hilarious that some people will pour 200+ hours into an RPG, learning the mythos and backstory for every NPC in the game, but ask them to sit through a 3 hour sporting event and they're like "That's soooo long!!!!" You mean sports have complex rules and strategies that take time and effort to grasp? GTFO!!! :dunce:

To use your comparison, Gary, Call of Duty doesn't teach me what a gun is or why I keep getting shot in the face. Super Mario Brothers doesn't teach me why jumping on someone's head is the most effective method of killing them or why eating mushrooms makes me grow twice as big (ha...well, maybe it does!) But yeah...I'm generally annoyed with articles from "gamers" who try to understand sports. The notion that Wisconsin is "not a hockey state" is also beyond moronic. Hey, numbnuts. Go check out your Wisconsin Badgers hockey teams (both the men's and women's). I hear they're decent.

EDIT - To be fair, upon re-read, he called Wisconsin a "no man's land" for pro teams. Whatever. Still a stupid statement. That's like saying there's no good hockey in Maine because the NHL hasn't given Bangor a team yet. Ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DestroVega']Hey Philly. I'm on waiting for ya. I think you got on Xbox then got right off[/QUOTE]

My Internet crapped out, I'm really sorry about that, didnt mean to waste your time sitting in the menu. You can play the CPU if you want, and I'm free and available the rest of the night if you feel like playing me.

bread's done
Back