CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Great game again destro. Good back and forth game. For one by me again.[/QUOTE]

Great game. I was crazy hungover.

Please play my CPU for all games, I got this stupid Hurricane heading toward me and not going to risk a power failure mid game. Hopefully San Jose plays much better without me playing and getting in the way

Anyone that needs to play St. Louis you can play the CPU if you want. Not sure if I will be on tonight. If you can hold off and want to see about tomorrow I might be on from time to time during the day.

Indoassassin, I'm on now waiting, hope you see this or the pm I sent you.

This is for the next deadline games. since I live pretty much exactly where this storm is supposed to hit, if I don't respond for a while (12+ hours) just assume my power went out and wait until the next deadline date to play my CPU, so I can still have a chance to play.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Indoassassin, I'm on now waiting, hope you see this or the pm I sent you.

This is for the next deadline games. since I live pretty much exactly where this storm is supposed to hit, if I don't respond for a while (12+ hours) just assume my power went out and wait until the next deadline date to play my CPU, so I can still have a chance to play.[/QUOTE]

I ask this as well. I live in NH and we are expecting to lose power, so I'd appreciate it if folks waited till the next deadline date as well.

I'm hopping on right after the World Series game for anyone needing to play Chicago. I've responded to Flyersfan and hopefully we'll get our game in around 12:30 est.

Two great OT games today.

First against Vancouver shouldn't even had made it there...I evened it with 4 seconds left on what I'm sure was goaltender interference. Got lucky, but he beat me in OT.

Second against Matt was scoreless in OT thanks to two goalie clinics, but Quick let one in first.

Again, great games guys.

[quote name='sendme']Anyone that needs to play St. Louis you can play the CPU if you want. Not sure if I will be on tonight. If you can hold off and want to see about tomorrow I might be on from time to time during the day.[/QUOTE]

Well, you got an OT win against Chicago. I tied it with 9 seconds to go but your CPU pulled it out in a shootout. Don't think anybody got injured.

Also had a great game against Philly. Connection was spotty but pulled out a 1-0 win thanks to Crawford actually stepping up big time.

GG to you as well, lag was crazy slow but at least it seemed to happen mostly during breaks in play.

Storms hitting us pretty good at this point in Philly and they're saying this isn't even half of what's going to come, I'm not holding out much hope for my power to stay on :(

Anaheim and Phoenix...sent you guys a PM at the start of the cycle, haven't heard from you. Let me know if I can play the CPU or if you're available today. Though dunno what my power situation will be so try to let me know sooner.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well, you got an OT win against Chicago. I tied it with 9 seconds to go but your CPU pulled it out in a shootout. Don't think anybody got injured.

Also had a great game against Philly. Connection was spotty but pulled out a 1-0 win thanks to Crawford actually stepping up big time.[/QUOTE]

How the hell did St. Louis win a shootout against Chicago? St. Louis sucks at shootouts.

For everyone I was to play last night sorry I couldn't get on. I had planned on it but was not able to. I will be on and off during the day today. If we still need to play then send me a message if you see me on. If you don't feel free to play the CPU or SIM it.

[quote name='sendme']How the hell did St. Louis win a shootout against Chicago? St. Louis sucks at shootouts.

For everyone I was to play last night sorry I couldn't get on. I had planned on it but was not able to. I will be on and off during the day today. If we still need to play then send me a message if you see me on. If you don't feel free to play the CPU or SIM it.[/QUOTE]

I just suck worse is all :lol:

I mean Chicago definitely has some skilled guys that on paper should be better, but somehow this was actually my first shootout for this year's game. It seemed a lot like last year's, but it had been a very long time since I actually had to do one.

[quote name='Wpark83']Anaheim and Phoenix...sent you guys a PM at the start of the cycle, haven't heard from you. Let me know if I can play the CPU or if you're available today. Though dunno what my power situation will be so try to let me know sooner.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard from Phoenix about our 2 games. I had 3 games vs. Anaheim in my last block, and Shady (Anaheim) never responded to my messages.

Canbanana, are you rejoining or should I play your CPU?

I have a Madden league game at 3 P.M. Pacific/6 P.M. Eastern which should last 45-60 minutes, but I can definitely play after that ends if any of my opponents are available.

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't heard from Phoenix about our 2 games. I had 3 games vs. Anaheim in my last block, and Shady (Anaheim) never responded to my messages.

Canbanana, are you rejoining or should I play your CPU?

I have a Madden league game at 3 P.M. Pacific/6 P.M. Eastern which should last 45-60 minutes, but I can definitely play after that ends if any of my opponents are available.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Canbanana said he sent a new join request. I just haven't been on NHL in days since I somehow played all of my games within like 36 hours of when we advanced, lol (though only two of them were vs human opponents). So, this one is on me. I'll try to get on to accept his join request in a little bit. I really wish EA would allow you to handle this stuff through the website. It would make things so much easier.

[quote name='jza1218']Just a heads up I'm back and will likely be looking to play tonight.[/QUOTE]

you still have one against me (Bruins). I probably wont be on (expected to lose power here in NH) so feel free to play the CPU, this goes to Chicago and New Jersey owners as well.

[quote name='jza1218']Just a heads up I'm back and will likely be looking to play tonight.[/QUOTE]

8 pm est work? I'm hoping to be on then.

To anybody that has to play the Canucks I might be on for a little bit around 6:30 if you want to get a quick game in. I am pretty sure I have to play the Caps, Ducks, and St. Louis. If it gets later in the night and you need to play me still feel free to play the CPU.

[quote name='ajh2298']To anybody that has to play the Canucks I might be on for a little bit around 6:30 if you want to get a quick game in. I am pretty sure I have to play the Caps, Ducks, and St. Louis. If it gets later in the night and you need to play me still feel free to play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

I can play at 6:30 if you are gonna be there.

Still need nj

How do you guys feel about this. I'm still needing to play nj. He has not been on in the last two days. Can I play his CPU now. I've been on all week. I'm not going to be able to be on much longer tonight. I hate having to sim games when I've been waiting to play all week.

I understand we are in different time zones and could be missing each other but he has not even been online at all for the last two days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jza1218']Yeah I should be on for a bit around then.[/QUOTE]

Power is flickering on and off, I'll let you know by 9 EST if it becomes stable otherwise you can play my CPU.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Power is flickering on and off, I'll let you know by 9 EST if it becomes stable otherwise you can play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

Any word?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Still need nj

How do you guys feel about this. I'm still needing to play nj. He has not been on in the last two days. Can I play his CPU now. I've been on all week. I'm not going to be able to be on much longer tonight. I hate having to sim games when I've been waiting to play all week.

I understand we are in different time zones and could be missing each other but he has not even been online at all for the last two days.[/QUOTE]

Playing the CPU at this point is fine by me.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Still need nj

I understand we are in different time zones and could be missing each other but he has not even been online at all for the last two days.[/QUOTE]

Have you messaged him?

I have not. I haven't seen him online. Plus I haven't had any problems getting games in. I'm on all the time. This is the first time I haven't finished up early. I hate waiting till the last night. I try to finish up earlier in the week.

I was mistaken he hasn't been on Xbox live in three days.

Waited as long as I could. Played his cpu. I won 3-0

Last edited by a moderator:
Still haven't heard anything from Phoenix and the Wild are still a CPU team. Will be on for a little while tonight still if we can get these games in.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I have not. I haven't seen him online. Plus I haven't had any problems getting games in. I'm on all the time. This is the first time I haven't finished up early. I hate waiting till the last night. I try to finish up earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't hear anything from you on these forums. I've been pretty good about getting back to people on these boards and showing up for games when I have them scheduled with people. I definitely don't turn on my xbox every day.

Doublechecked my PM's on this board just to make sure. Don't have anything. Oh well, I've had a lot going on this week so it's been tough to find time to get the xbox going. Sorry about that.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I have not. I haven't seen him online. Plus I haven't had any problems getting games in. I'm on all the time. This is the first time I haven't finished up early. I hate waiting till the last night. I try to finish up earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='redshadow']Yeah, I didn't hear anything from you on these forums. I've been pretty good about getting back to people on these boards and showing up for games when I have them scheduled with people. I definitely don't turn on my xbox every day.

Doublechecked my PM's on this board just to make sure. Don't have anything. Oh well, I've had a lot going on this week so it's been tough to find time to get the xbox going. Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Mrhockey, see, this is the problem here. You can't really expect to have your games played before the night of the deadline if you're not communicating with your opponents. Obviously, communication is a two-way street, but your only real claim to you playing his CPU as opposed to him playing yours is that you showed up in the thread on the night of the deadline a few hours before he did. Just being on XBL "all the time" isn't good enough. Not everyone is able to do that. I know if I didn't schedule times for my games, I'd never get them done.

And honestly, when it comes to the day of the deadline and people are looking at playing another person's CPU, the more evidence you have to justify your position, the better you look for doing so. Like I said, there's not a whole lot here that gave you more right to play his CPU than for him to play yours. It looks like it worked out ok this time, but lets try not to let this happen again in the future. The alternative is people just choosing not to communicate and then "showing up first" on the day of the deadline to play the CPU. And that's not going to work.

Ok, guys, we have advanced to the next set of games. My apologies to Canbanana for taking so long to get him back into the league. Between running two leagues on CAG and regular life responsibilities, I stay pretty busy. I guess this illustrates the importance of having CPU play enabled like everyone is supposed to though. Hopefully it won't be an issue for anyone else moving forward, as this booting/re-joining crap is a pain in the ass.

The deadline for this next set of games will be 11/3!

Man..finally get the pleasure this cycle of taking on Montreal...looking forward to it.

I'm home from work early and can play til probably 6 PM, so anyone hit me up on PM if you wanna play Detroit...looks like I also have St Louis, Philly, Phoenix again, and Dallas.

Ouch yea I ended up missing my last 10 games, I originally turned off CPU when I returned from vacation. I wanted to make sure nobody accidentally played my team not knowing I was back, but yea I forgot to re-enable it. Either way my team is still hanging in there for the time being and won't be making that mistake again.

I have Philly, Carolina and Vancouver scheduled this block and with Backstrom injured looks like I'm going to get a rough ride.

Haven't gotten to check my schedule yet (Kings), but I should be free tonight. If things get worked out, the NBA 2K league draft will be taking place at 11 P.M. Eastern, but otherwise I should be available. Will send PM's to opponents once I log on and see who I'm facing.

I decided to accept this trade offer so I'm posting it for consideration.

I was offered by Ottawa:

Winger D. Alfredsson (84 overall, 40 yrs old, 4.875mil, 1 yrs left)

For

2013 2nd round draft pick
+
2014 3rd round draft pick

[quote name='Wpark83']Man..finally get the pleasure this cycle of taking on Montreal...looking forward to it.

I'm home from work early and can play til probably 6 PM, so anyone hit me up on PM if you wanna play Detroit...looks like I also have St Louis, Philly, Phoenix again, and Dallas.[/QUOTE]

Very good game... This easily could have gone to the shootout. Datsyuk scored first off a shot that trickled through on Price. I came back and tied it up after knocking a puck in as it squirted around in the crease. Game winner came in OT on a Plekanec wrister that I was actually surprised got past Howard. It was a back in forth game possession wise. He would get a good possession that would last like what seemed like eternity, and then I would get one that I assume felt the same way.

[quote name='Canbanana']I decided to accept this trade offer so I'm posting it for consideration.

I was offered by Ottawa:

For

+
2014 3rd round draft pick[/QUOTE]

I really don't see a problem with this since it seems like they are more or less just trying to get something out of a player that will more than likely retire this year. It gives Minnesota a player that will help for the immediate future in a chase for the cup.

[quote name='Canbanana']I decided to accept this trade offer so I'm posting it for consideration.

I was offered by Ottawa:

For

+
2014 3rd round draft pick[/QUOTE]

In the past, trades involving only draft picks have not been received well. But with this one being OFFERED by the CPU, I'm really not sure what to think. So, I'm just going to put all my thoughts down, and we can go from there.

Alfredsson is a bit of a special case considering his age, and the fact that he's likely just a one season rental, but a 3rd round pick 2 seasons from now is really hard to factor in as "worth". I'm definitely encouraged by the pace we're keeping now, but keeping it through another 82 game season...without having people lose interest and quit is going to be the challenge.

In other instances, there have been a few people in this league who have PURSUED trades with the CPU by offering only draft picks for an 80+ player. I don't want to outright accuse anybody of trying to scam the game, but how do you guys think these trades should be viewed? Just giving a "that's what the CPU wanted" response isn't good enough.

Any person in this league could go find a CPU team and offer a couple draft picks for a top player. For this reason, I'm less concerned about what the CPU wants and more concerned with protecting the integrity of the league. What I DON'T want to see is people mortgaging the future, finding out their transactions didn't work out like they wanted, and then dropping from the league. These trades really need to stand on their own.

Like I said, Alfredsson's age and the fact that it's the CPU pursuing the deal alter the perception a bit, but I still think we need some input on the idea of selling off draft picks for a future that is not guaranteed is a reasonable policy.

Hey guys, maybe I missed it, did we boot Dallas from the league? OP isn't updated but from the looks at the manager list online, he's gone...just wanted to be sure before I played the CPU. thanks!

[quote name='Wpark83']Hey guys, maybe I missed it, did we boot Dallas from the league? OP isn't updated but from the looks at the manager list online, he's gone...just wanted to be sure before I played the CPU. thanks![/QUOTE]

He dropped. Never gave any explanation.

For the Ottowa trade, on its own, would seem fine. Like Nate said, the problem is longevity. It's a tough spot in that the trade itself isn't out of the ordinary, so we SHOULDNT have an issue with it, but we also have to take into consideration the longevity of the league.

For my two cents, Canbanana has proven reliable so far, so I don't think he will drop for roster related reasons. Ottowa already needs to rebuild, so it would actually benefit them in the long run anyways, so I say let it through.

Moving forward though, I think we should enforcement some kind of rule in regards to drafts that doesn't involve the "reputation" ...maybe no drafts picks more than 1 year out?
(typing on my phone, so apologies for any auto correct typos)

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Mrhockey, see, this is the problem here. You can't really expect to have your games played before the night of the deadline if you're not communicating with your opponents. Obviously, communication is a two-way street, but your only real claim to you playing his CPU as opposed to him playing yours is that you showed up in the thread on the night of the deadline a few hours before he did. Just being on XBL "all the time" isn't good enough. Not everyone is able to do that. I know if I didn't schedule times for my games, I'd never get them done.

And honestly, when it comes to the day of the deadline and people are looking at playing another person's CPU, the more evidence you have to justify your position, the better you look for doing so. Like I said, there's not a whole lot here that gave you more right to play his CPU than for him to play yours. It looks like it worked out ok this time, but lets try not to let this happen again in the future. The alternative is people just choosing not to communicate and then "showing up first" on the day of the deadline to play the CPU. And that's not going to work.[/QUOTE]

Just to stir the pot. He didn't contact me either nor did he get online for 3 days including a deadline day. If it was important to play his game he would have made arrangements and been online. I admit I did not contact him. Like I said I haven't had a problem with this untill now. I have most players in the league as friends on xbl. I do not send pms on here since I just send them a message on xbl when we are on together. He didn't post untill 3:00 am so that was 11 pm his time on a deadline night. I guess I'll just have to make a set scd with other players. I wish we could just do a set night that we would all get on like all on Tuesdays or whatever.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Just to stir the pot. He didn't contact me either nor did he get online for 3 days including a deadline day. If it was important to play his game he would have made arrangements and been online. I admit I did not contact him. Like I said I haven't had a problem with this untill now. I have most players in the league as friends on xbl. I do not send pms on here since I just send them a message on xbl when we are on together. He didn't post untill 3:00 am so that was 11 pm his time on a deadline night. I guess I'll just have to make a set scd with other players. I wish we could just do a set night that we would all get on like all on Tuesdays or whatever.[/QUOTE]

No one is saying you're wrong here.

This is specifically why I said this week has been tough for me and that I hadn't had that much time to spend just playing games on the xbox. Overall, I didn't mind that you played my CPU.

Was that overlooked, or are you just arguing to argue vis-a-vis an "If it was important" argument? Because I'll answer that for you right now...This league isn't important to me. I do it for fun but things happen away from my xbox that are definitely priorities to this, as I'm sure they do for anyone else.

I apologize. I'm at not mad at you. I'm arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm not point the finger at you or anyone actualy. It was just a weird situation. In the scheme of things... It's a videogame.

Sorry. That sounded a lot worse then I ment it to. Like I said I'm arguing just to argue lol. This arguement was more to the "league". I'm a disgruntled owner. I'm not making enough profits.

bread's done
Back