CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

I think some people just need to be a bit more involved in the league. From reading the thread only, it seems like there are several owners who will only play when either 1, they feel like it, or 2, when other people contact them. Yeah, its a video game, but you're choosing to participate in this league, so there should be at least some proactive-ness on everyone to at least COMMUNICATE with each other. It comes off as selfish saying things like "I don't have time to schedule" or "Im busy" as an excuse. We are all busy, but most of us can make the time. One can't use that reason and expect others to work around their own schedule; there has to be some compromise somewhere. To put it bluntly, if you don't have time to even communicate with another member, why are you even in this league, let alone any, when you could just play random games at any point in time?

I don't have a problem with the Alfredsson trade since the CPU offered it. I think since the more important asset (the second-rounder) is next draft, it's fine.

[quote name='moojuice']I think some people just need to be a bit more involved in the league. From reading the thread only, it seems like there are several owners who will only play when either 1, they feel like it, or 2, when other people contact them. Yeah, its a video game, but you're choosing to participate in this league, so there should be at least some proactive-ness on everyone to at least COMMUNICATE with each other. It comes off as selfish saying things like "I don't have time to schedule" or "Im busy" as an excuse. We are all busy, but most of us can make the time. One can't use that reason and expect others to work around their own schedule; there has to be some compromise somewhere. To put it bluntly, if you don't have time to even communicate with another member, why are you even in this league, let alone any, when you could just play random games at any point in time?[/QUOTE]

Was that directed to me?

I allways switch over to nhl no matter what game Im playing if I see someone pop online that I have a game against. I allways ask if they want to do our nhl game. If they say no then we plan another day. I dont want to feel like Im harassing someone to play their games. So are you saying I should have stayed up till 3:00 am my time to play his game? He did not communicate with me either nor did he work around my times. What would you have done if this was your team in this situation? Im not trying to be mean. Im just trying to figure this out. I feel like Im being singled out.

I am and have been committed to this. I have one of the crapiest teams and Im trying to make it work. Thats why I do not want my games simmed. If I play I at least have a chance of walking away with a win. If I get simmed Im getting a loss. Ive switched my times at work so I could get home to play early for folks who had to work later. We shouldnt have to hunt people down to play their games. The deadline is clearly posted. If people are not going to be on till an hour before deadline you cant get mad if others have played your game. He even stated stuff came up and he did not get on.

Anyways rant over. Both parties have cleared this up. He's not mad. Im not mad. It is what it is. If Im in trouble for wanting to play out my games then that to is what it is. We move on.

No, not you, just in general. What I mean is usually the same names pop up in this thread to schedule games, other names pop up once in a blue moon and dont ever try to set anything up (like post "Hey, im on now, lets do this tonight before the deadline in three hours!")

[quote name='moojuice']I think some people just need to be a bit more involved in the league. From reading the thread only, it seems like there are several owners who will only play when either 1, they feel like it, or 2, when other people contact them. Yeah, its a video game, but you're choosing to participate in this league, so there should be at least some proactive-ness on everyone to at least COMMUNICATE with each other. It comes off as selfish saying things like "I don't have time to schedule" or "Im busy" as an excuse. We are all busy, but most of us can make the time. One can't use that reason and expect others to work around their own schedule; there has to be some compromise somewhere. To put it bluntly, if you don't have time to even communicate with another member, why are you even in this league, let alone any, when you could just play random games at any point in time?[/QUOTE]

This, I agree with. I think many of us (myself included) could be more active in the thread, it seems like this one gets maybe 6 posts a day while the Madden threads have at least 2 new pages.

[quote name='GamerDude316']This, I agree with. I think many of us (myself included) could be more active in the thread, it seems like this one gets maybe 6 posts a day while the Madden threads have at least 2 new pages.[/QUOTE]

Well, thats cause once somebody loses they go and complain about something non stop. Plus with no season, much harder to focus I think and some of us are just too busy in general to post. Me included.

It would be great if EA could tone down the injuries. Just lost Callahan again, after getting him back to start the new block. And his Endurance is in the mid 80's too.

Eh. I quit the league after tonight. Nothing to do with anyone here, but the mechanics of the game, mostly the AI, frustrate the hell out of me. Quite frankly, I'm tired of watching stupid plays happen that shouldn't. Marty brodeur passes into his own net TWICE in a season? No. Henrique overskates rebounds like a fucking bumbling idiot? Nahhhhhh. AI players skate away from the puck almost all the time, they're so retarded. Just not a fun game to play.

Played a game today and watched him pass the puck right to Gaborik, and it was completely uncontrolled. No buttons pressed, nothing prompted for it. He was brushing it to the side (as in, player animation. done completely automatically) RIGHT to Gabby so he could bury it. No thanks.

Good luck, Thanks for letting me run NJ for a bit. Good games with all of you, but this game might be going on the shelf for me. It's totally broken, in my opinion.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well, thats cause once somebody loses they go and complain about something non stop. Plus with no season, much harder to focus I think and some of us are just too busy in general to post. Me included.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see that.

Anyway, 4 good games tonight. Beat the Avs 5-2 but the game was closer than the score suggested. then 2 GREAT games against Buffalo, he won both 3-2, one in a shootout and the other on the first play of OT thanks to a late game penalty against Horton for tripping. Then played the Sharks and won 3-1. Good games all!

PMs going out in a minute to Captain and the thorn in my ass... I mean season Carolina ;) I heard Cam Ward was tired of stopping every shot and wanted his back-up to get a game under his belt ;)

Only other game left is DT, but I see him enough that'll no PMs needed.

We've had a few people talk about dropping from the league, and what I would ask everyone to do before coming to this decision is at least considering hanging around for the GM aspects of it. If you don't want to play as many of your games, that's fine. But I think getting to the offseason, and experiencing a draft, developing players, and signing free agents is something everyone should experience. I feel like there's enough flexibility in this league for anyone to stay onboard with a very low committment level.

[quote name='mvp828']PMs going out in a minute to Captain and the thorn in my ass... I mean season Carolina ;) I heard Cam Ward was tired of stopping every shot and wanted his back-up to get a game under his belt ;)

Only other game left is DT, but I see him enough that'll no PMs needed.[/QUOTE]

Hey MVP, here's the deal, last night the coach has spoken with Justin Peters about goaltending Montreal's game. Justin agreed to play in net. Well, we received a phone call from Justin this morning saying that he has the shits and would not be able to play in the game so Cam Ward is going be in net.

I'm not so much worried about Wardo, more so the ai defense lately. They've decided to play like the Carolina panthers and go anywhere they want to and taking up penalties left and right.

I see the Cole train is doing well for Montreal. The hurricanes trained him well.

I hope the NE that dealt with the hurricane are okay. I promise you guys Carolina did not cause that storm.

My ability/desire to keep actively playing all my NHL GM games is wearing down, with Assassin's Creed 3 yesterday, Halo 4 next week then Blops 2 the week after, I have a lot of shiny new games to play, plus Borderlands 2 needs to be completed.

My idea is to have the CPU play my games until playoffs hit, then play all of those live if I make it in (Currently 8th seed, tough league!)

For others who are looking to quit/losing interest and those who are going strong is that a fair compromise?

my top scorer stafford got knocked out for 50 games last night. so im lookin for a good RW (at least 80 overall). PM me with any offers, but keep in mind im not gonna get fleeced here. and Miller/Myers are completely off the table.

[quote name='wiz2020']My ability/desire to keep actively playing all my NHL GM games is wearing down, with Assassin's Creed 3 yesterday, Halo 4 next week then Blops 2 the week after, I have a lot of shiny new games to play, plus Borderlands 2 needs to be completed.

My idea is to have the CPU play my games until playoffs hit, then play all of those live if I make it in (Currently 8th seed, tough league!)

For others who are looking to quit/losing interest and those who are going strong is that a fair compromise?[/QUOTE]

Not really sure how to feel about posts like this. I mean, other than being discouraged about losing (which is still kind of lame...not everybody can win all the time), this just feels like a very short attention span. I think everybody in here was aware that AC3 and BO2 were coming out when they signed up for this league. If you're not even going to see one season through, what was the point?

Now, if it's an issue with the 82 game schedule, then I completely understand. I never expected everyone to try to play all of their games. But I guess I hoped we wouldn't have a lot of people wanting to go straight GM either. Even if people were playing 2-3 games from each scheduling period, at least it would feel like they were staying actively involved.

What I fear happening (and it seems pretty damn likely) is the ones who only want to serve as GM not being motivated to check on their team often...having that roster issue pop up...and needing to kick them out anyway. I hope that doesn't happen, because as I've said, I'd rather have people stay on to at least manage their team through the offseason, but we'll see how it goes.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the thought of "Hey, the CPU made the playoffs for me. I'll play my games now!" On one hand, people might rather play a human opponent. But on the other hand, people might not think that they actually earned it and might want to create some sort of policy for being eligible to play in the playoffs (ie. having played your last 15 games or something). Kind of just a question of "If you make the playoffs as a GM, should you have to stay a GM?". I think we need community feedback on that one.

Just some stuff to consider as we move forward.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Not really sure how to feel about posts like this. I mean, other than being discouraged about losing (which is still kind of lame...not everybody can win all the time), this just feels like a very short attention span. I think everybody in here was aware that AC3 and BO2 were coming out when they signed up for this league. If you're not even going to see one season through, what was the point?

Now, if it's an issue with the 82 game schedule, then I completely understand. I never expected everyone to try to play all of their games. But I guess I hoped we wouldn't have a lot of people wanting to go straight GM either. Even if people were playing 2-3 games from each scheduling period, at least it would feel like they were staying actively involved.

What I fear happening (and it seems pretty damn likely) is the ones who only want to serve as GM not being motivated to check on their team often...having that roster issue pop up...and needing to kick them out anyway. I hope that doesn't happen, because as I've said, I'd rather have people stay on to at least manage their team through the offseason, but we'll see how it goes.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the thought of "Hey, the CPU made the playoffs for me. I'll play my games now!" On one hand, people might rather play a human opponent. But on the other hand, people might not think that they actually earned it and might want to create some sort of policy for being eligible to play in the playoffs (ie. having played your last 15 games or something). Kind of just a question of "If you make the playoffs as a GM, should you have to stay a GM?". I think we need community feedback on that one.

Just some stuff to consider as we move forward.[/QUOTE]

Preach it sista.

I agree that if at this point someone lets the CPU play all of their games and still makes the playoffs then they should be kicked out.

As commissioner, are you able to see what games were actually played with both people participating vs CPU/simming? If you are then I would say that if someone goes, say, five straight games without playing a human opponent and not giving a legit reason, then they get one warning and then if it happens again they get the boot.

I doubt that you can tell that though (not to mention it would be a pain in the ass), as I've never even figured out how to view the results of my own games if they end up getting simmed (other than the scores tab which never seems to show all the games). I guess we could just go by comments posted her to see if there are any owners consistently not being available to play to figure out if they are just riding things out.

EDIT: I should add that my suggestion to boot someone if their CPU gets them to the playoffs creates the problem where someone will be matched up against the CPU and I don't think that's fair either. Let's just hope everyone stays "active enough"... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Kings schedule:

Nashville
Washington
NY Rangers
Buffalo

I can play most days starting at 6 or 6:30 P.M. Eastern. Rangers have been in contact and we're probably playing on Friday.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I agree that if at this point someone lets the CPU play all of their games and still makes the playoffs then they should be kicked out.

As commissioner, are you able to see what games were actually played with both people participating vs CPU/simming? If you are then I would say that if someone goes, say, five straight games without playing a human opponent and not giving a legit reason, then they get one warning and then if it happens again they get the boot.

I doubt that you can tell that though (not to mention it would be a pain in the ass), as I've never even figured out how to view the results of my own games if they end up getting simmed (other than the scores tab which never seems to show all the games). I guess we could just go by comments posted her to see if there are any owners consistently not being available to play to figure out if they are just riding things out.

EDIT: I should add that my suggestion to boot someone if their CPU gets them to the playoffs creates the problem where someone will be matched up against the CPU and I don't think that's fair either. Let's just hope everyone stays "active enough"... lol[/QUOTE]

Did you just talk yourself out of your own argument? lol. Not really sure what conclusion you came to here, haha. First, the commissioner really has extremely limited options or power. I can't see who's played what games. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out who's active and who's not though. For one, if somebody isn't posting in the thread, it's reasonable to ask "Has anybody heard from _____?" So, if a few people speak up and say that they had to play the CPU, then we'll get a good idea of what's going on.

As for "kicking someone out" who lets the CPU play their games...I'm not suggesting that at all. It was just a question of enforcing "finish the season as a GM, continue to be a GM in the playoffs". And really, that's all just dependent on how upset people would be if someone allowed the CPU to play half their games, made the playoffs, and then decided they wanted to start playing their games...as opposed to somebody who didn't make the playoffs but played all (or most) of their games. But yeah, the alternative would be playing that person's CPU...so, we gotta figure out which option people would prefer.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Did you just talk yourself out of your own argument? lol. Not really sure what conclusion you came to here, haha. First, the commissioner really has extremely limited options or power. I can't see who's played what games. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out who's active and who's not though. For one, if somebody isn't posting in the thread, it's reasonable to ask "Has anybody heard from _____?" So, if a few people speak up and say that they had to play the CPU, then we'll get a good idea of what's going on.

As for "kicking someone out" who lets the CPU play their games...I'm not suggesting that at all. It was just a question of enforcing "finish the season as a GM, continue to be a GM in the playoffs". And really, that's all just dependent on how upset people would be if someone allowed the CPU to play half their games, made the playoffs, and then decided they wanted to start playing their games...as opposed to somebody who didn't make the playoffs but played all (or most) of their games. But yeah, the alternative would be playing that person's CPU...so, we gotta figure out which option people would prefer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was more or less just thinking out loud and then when I went back and re-read it I realized it was a flawed solution. Nevermind me... :whistle2:\"

Indoassassin, we get paid after the season is up. That's why we are serious. Didn't you get the memo?

We need some more NHL 13 WTF EA moment videos posted to loosen us up.

Just curious... How have the CPU teams been doing so far anyway? I know that the two CPU teams in our division (Ottawa and Toronto) have been getting shit on and I think are pretty far out of any shot of the playoffs. I think the same can be said with Columbus.

Last I checked for the east, the standings looked something like: Myself (Montreal), Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington, Buffalo, Rangers, and I don't remember who the last two were, although I think Jersey was one of them. Top 6 are all very active users and I really don't see any of them leaving anytime soon. Although I know Ninjas made a comment that he might at the end of the season. Hopefully, he will have a change of heart though as I'm enjoying the friendly rivalry between him and I.

I mean like Nate said, everyone came in knowing what was going to be required to participate. I would hope that most people will stay. At the end of the day it is just for fun and has no worthwhile meaning. I know people have a lot of other priorities with work, school, kids and family, but I don't think that being able to set a side maybe a total of 3 hours (assuming each game takes 20 minutes tops and 5-10 minutes to login and get set up with the other person) for games every 5 days is really all that difficult. Personally, I really haven't had any problems working out a time with most people and that's after having played 45-50 games so far. I think everyone I have had to set up a game time with so far has been very quick to respond and set up games. [end rant]

EDIT: Nice Moojuice. I love the related videos at the end with the actual videos of the dance.

Also has anyone noticed some major changes with the tuner set that went up yesterday? I had just played a few games of HUT, switched to GM Connected and played 1 or 2, and then went back to HUT and got the new Tuner sets. Was playing the rookie level offline tournament and the first 2 games had 7 goals dropped on me by the CPU. Considering two days before I went through the NHL level tournament with a team that wasn't as good and outscored NHL teams on superstar by a margin of 14-2 and then gave up 7 against OHL teams... Something definitely got changed. I was noticing even crazier rebounds than before and AI being a lot more ridiculous with hits and less aware of where the puck was.

[quote name='IndoAssassin']Why you all so serious? At the end of the day it's just a video game. :p[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is "just a video game"...but why would that have any effect on trying to do things fairly? Either way, it's an investment of time. I don't know about you, but my time is valuable. MVP raises a good point though. In general, the CPU teams aren't a huge threat.

I guess my only concern would be as more people start opting to let the CPU play their games for them (the specific example here would be San Jose...as he said, he's currently the #8 seed), and those people getting into the playoffs instead of a team like Los Angeles or Edmonton...both of whom have been fairly active in the thread and have made efforts to play as many of their games as possible.

We can shrug our shoulders and say "what's the big deal brah?" But I don't think it's unreasonable to try to be fair and reward the people who put in the most effort.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I feel like there's enough flexibility in this league for anyone to stay onboard with a very low committment level.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Not really sure how to feel about posts like this. I mean, other than being discouraged about losing (which is still kind of lame...not everybody can win all the time), this just feels like a very short attention span. I think everybody in here was aware that AC3 and BO2 were coming out when they signed up for this league. If you're not even going to see one season through, what was the point?

Just some stuff to consider as we move forward.[/QUOTE]

Nate, I feel like these two posts dont really go together at all. I dont see why we would be okay with people having a "very low commitment level" and then talking about how you dont want to see CPU teams in the playoffs. Personally, I think everyone should stay active playing the majority of their games (yes we all get busy with work, family, school, and new releases like Halo 4, but it really doesnt take much to play at least 2-3 games a week), and if an owner does let the CPU play till the playoffs and then takes over, it should still be the CPU that plays. After all, YOU didnt make it, your AI controlled guys did. Just my $.02.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Nate, I feel like these two posts dont really go together at all. I dont see why we would be okay with people having a "very low commitment level" and then talking about how you dont want to see CPU teams in the playoffs. Personally, I think everyone should stay active playing the majority of their games (yes we all get busy with work, family, school, and new releases like Halo 4, but it really doesnt take much to play at least 2-3 games a week), and if an owner does let the CPU play till the playoffs and then takes over, it should still be the CPU that plays. After all, YOU didnt make it, your AI controlled guys did. Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

What? Where did I say I didn't want to see CPU teams in the playoffs? I just acknowledged that as the other side of the argument. Personally, I agree with you. I don't think people who didn't earn their playoff spot should just pop back in and take over. If the argument is that you're too busy to schedule and play your games, that shouldn't magically change just because it's the playoffs. I was just trying to stay objective until more people had weighed in on it. Where did you see me saying I was against CPU teams though?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
I guess my only concern would be as more people start opting to let the CPU play their games for them (the specific example here would be San Jose...as he said, he's currently the #8 seed), and those people getting into the playoffs instead of a team like Los Angeles or Edmonton...both of whom have been fairly active in the thread and have made efforts to play as many of their games as possible.

We can shrug our shoulders and say "what's the big deal brah?" But I don't think it's unreasonable to try to be fair and reward the people who put in the most effort.[/QUOTE]

Very good point... That was actually why I kind of brought that point up too. With the exception of the three I listed I didn't know how the CPU teams had been. I know from looking at scores and such it seems like people are doing a lot better than when we first started when it comes down to facing the CPU. I remember early on the Jets (before Indo took over) and the Isles were doing pretty well. Since then it seems like people are having a lot better results with the occasional 1 goal game or OT loss.

My proposal is this...

Everyone continues "as is" about requesting each other when to play. If people are continually responding with "Play my CPU," and they do end up making the playoffs, than they should be penalized by having to have the CPU play 1 or 2 of their playoff games per round as well. My thoughts are that this will encourage people to stay active and not just bank on the CPU getting them to the playoffs and then getting to play every game.

Now recording this would obviously have to be determined. We could possibly say that if X amount of games are skipped the rest of the year than this rule would go into effect. But as I said before, it is pretty obvious now who is and who isn't active. I think everyone in the league could probably point out the few who aren't (don't do it... just saying).

[quote name='GamerDude316']Nate, I feel like these two posts dont really go together at all. I dont see why we would be okay with people having a "very low commitment level" and then talking about how you dont want to see CPU teams in the playoffs. Personally, I think everyone should stay active playing the majority of their games (yes we all get busy with work, family, school, and new releases like Halo 4, but it really doesnt take much to play at least 2-3 games a week), and if an owner does let the CPU play till the playoffs and then takes over, it should still be the CPU that plays. After all, YOU didnt make it, your AI controlled guys did. Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

Nate didn't post both of those posts man. One came from Gamerdude...think that's where there may be the confusion??...

...anyway, I have to say I don't think it's very fair to have some people just stop playing until the playoffs. That seems very unfair to people who are active and miss because they might not have a good team, based on the shear fact they didn't get to pick a team first. I'm Detroit. I'm not going to sit here and say I don't have a good team. I could probably set the rest of my games to CPU, and Detroit is good enough where I'd probably finish as the 1 seed in the West. But is that very fair when someone with a halfway decent team plays all of their games and just misses the playoffs? I don't think it is.

So I guess in conclusion, people should try to play as many games as possible. And if they think they don't want to commit anymore, they should drop. Yeah, it is a video game, but it's a league. It's like playing a town sport. I play softball in the summers, I try to make it to every game. It may not be a high priority, but it is something I'm committed to participating in on a regular basis.

[quote name='Wpark83']Nate didn't post both of those posts man. One came from Gamerdude...think that's where there may be the confusion??...

...anyway, I have to say I don't think it's very fair to have some people just stop playing until the playoffs. That seems very unfair to people who are active and miss because they might not have a good team, based on the shear fact they didn't get to pick a team first. I'm Detroit. I'm not going to sit here and say I don't have a good team. I could probably set the rest of my games to CPU, and Detroit is good enough where I'd probably finish as the 1 seed in the West. But is that very fair when someone with a halfway decent team plays all of their games and just misses the playoffs? I don't think it is.

So I guess in conclusion, people should try to play as many games as possible. And if they think they don't want to commit anymore, they should drop. Yeah, it is a video game, but it's a league. It's like playing a town sport. I play softball in the summers, I try to make it to every game. It may not be a high priority, but it is something I'm committed to participating in on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

No, the two posts I quoted were one from Nate and one from the CAG Sports account. I just dont want to see people staying in the league only to be a GM, cause that will just make it feel like a sim league with everybody playing everybody's CPU. The main reason I joined this league was to play against other CAG users in some fun hockey (which I've had even though my record isnt the greatest) so I'd like to see it keep being that way.

And when I said you dont want to see CPU teams in the playoffs, I was referring to owners who just stop playing till the playoffs and see their teams make it anyway. Sorry for the confusion there.

Florida is the best series of games I have played this season. Awesome game dude. And ironic I started the wrong goalie and he got a shutout lol.

I've been meaning to post this for like 3 weeks.

I think EA really missed the boat in one aspect. They have a ton of achievements for winning various season awards.... In be a pro.

The highlight of this year's game was GM Connected. If they made those achievements for a GM Connected season, all of us would have something more to play for. One user could win a hart trophy, another would have the best goalie. Just so much more incentive for playing out the season.

I know everyone likes to bitch about EA but this is just really a huge slight by them. Think about it.

Ok, let's try to simplify things a bit because I think we're getting bogged down in semantics and a bit of reading comprehension failure here.

* Multiple people have discussed just allowing the CPU to play the bulk of their games from here on out...some of whom even expressed a "desire" to resume playing if they make the playoffs.

* I just wanted to gauge public opinion on whether those people should be allowed to do that. It seems like the general consensus is "No"...and that wherever a person ends up in terms of allowing the CPU to handle things for them is where they should stay for the playoffs. Ok. Done deal there.

* Some of what's been said is extremely idealistic. "Lets hope people stay active", "Don't let people have their CPU play for them", etc. Strong arming people into it is never going to work. If people don't want to play their games, the alternative is just quitting entirely...at which point we have a 100% CPU team...which is basically the same situation.

It's not an easy situation because my options are basically tell anybody who doesn't want to play their games to fuck off and really reduce the amount of human interaction the league has. Or try to be accommodating to them, while at the same time still being fair to the people who want to play all of their games. I have a pretty good idea of how to handle it. I just didn't want to be laying down Draconian Law without people having some input.

Of course, I'd like to encourage everyone to continue to play their games, but that's really easier said than done when some don't post in the thread, or message opponents, or otherwise actively participate. At the end of the day, I just have to keep the line moving forward and see who's left when the dust settles.

Buffalo and Tampa Bay I sent a PM a few days ago to setup a time to play I don't know if you guys got it so I'm posting here to let me know.

It's tough with family and work commitments to play every game in a 5 day period. Also there is this hurricane happening on the east coast.

But it would have been nice if EA would have added a stat that shows how many games are played by the user and the cpu of that team. Maybe we should flood the EA forums for them to add it. I mean it should only take like maybe 20 extra lines of code. Let's say 4 hours out of a programmer's 8 hour shift which would probably cost them maybe 200 dollars. I mean they did sell 1 mill copies of the game. They could make it part of a roster update so to skip Microsoft's cert process. What's MS gonna do tell them they can't make games for them anymore. They'd be fucked like the Dreamcast was. Anyways enough with my drunken rambling lol.

[quote name='IndoAssassin']
It's tough with family and work commitments to play every game in a 5 day period. Also there is this hurricane happening on the east coast.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing (and not directed at Indo, just a blanket statement) :

WE. ALL. HAVE. SHIT. TO. DO.

It doesn't exempt anyone from taking a minute or two to send a PM or two to their opponents to at least set a time up. If you can't commit to a time, then let the other person know to play your cpu so they don't have to wait till the last minute to play their own games.

I think WPark's example of softball is a good analogy for this. Don't be "that guy" who says before the season how awesome its going to be, show up for only one game, then make up excuses to not show up to any other games for the rest of the season. And then, when the team makes the playoffs, suddenly show back up and expect to play in the spot of someone who has played all season.

I have Washington, Tampa and Florida left this block.

There's a chance I might not be able to get these in, I'll know for sure sometime later today/tonight.

Just sent a message to everyone that has to play St. Louis. I picked up one of them Razor Tournament controllers and I'm still trying to get used to it. Seems to be working better than the wireless controller that I have. With that one the players felt slow and now they don't.

as far as people having their CPU play the regular season and then playing in the playoffs: i dont really care, let em do it, as far as I see it they probably won't be that good (since they haven't been playing, unless they're playing online or some other league) and lose in the first round anyways. and i don't think there is a reliable way to track how many games are CPU'd in the first place. or you could always just boot the guy and let the next user-controlled team take their spot...

The moral of the story really is: just play as many games as you can.

Just not playing any is not the right approach, just make an effort.

[quote name='Twick87']as far as people having their CPU play the regular season and then playing in the playoffs: i dont really care, let em do it, as far as I see it they probably won't be that good (since they haven't been playing, unless they're playing online or some other league) and lose in the first round anyways. and i don't think there is a reliable way to track how many games are CPU'd in the first place. or you could always just boot the guy and let the next user-controlled team take their spot...[/QUOTE]

Again, a bit of an idealistic viewpoint. Just because people are blowing off their games in here doesn't mean they're not playing NHL 13 at all. It just means they're being lazy.

But yeah...that's been enough discussion about it. At least I got the sense that most people in here want things to be fair. I can work with that. As I said, I have a general idea for how to handle it.

If people want to let the CPU play their games for them in the regular season, and just serve as a GM, that's fine. But when the playoffs roll around, that will be your role as well. Basically, whatever effort you put into the league will determine how much you get out of it. That's really the simplest explanation, and it's probably the best one.

Moving on.

[quote name='DestroVega']The moral of the story really is: just play as many games as you can.

Just not playing any is not the right approach, just make an effort.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, I still haven't heard back from you regarding our game. Are you available at all tonight?

And Nate, what about you? I know your availability during the week is limited, but the deadline is Saturday. I can play during the day Saturday if necessary, but either way, I want to get things set up in advance.

Damn I forgot how bad this game lags at times Also after not playing last week I find out Halak is out for 9 games, Colaiacovo for 40, Steen for 2 and Shattenkirk for 3.

[quote name='Matt Young']Speaking of which, I still haven't heard back from you regarding our game. Are you available at all tonight?

And Nate, what about you? I know your availability during the week is limited, but the deadline is Saturday. I can play during the day Saturday if necessary, but either way, I want to get things set up in advance.[/QUOTE]

I never got a message. That's weird. I'm really not available unless my wife falls asleep early... I have the entire day Saturday though if you can play then.

[quote name='DestroVega']I never got a message. That's weird. I'm really not available unless my wife falls asleep early... I have the entire day Saturday though if you can play then.[/QUOTE]

bang her early then make her fall asleep with you. Then when she's out get a game on wit a big smile on your face.

[quote name='IndoAssassin']bang her early then make her fall asleep with you. Then when she's out get a game on wit a big smile on your face.[/QUOTE]

You're not married are you?

[quote name='IndoAssassin']bang her early then make her fall asleep with you. Then when she's out get a game on wit a big smile on your face.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You're not married are you?[/QUOTE]

lol at all of this

This is why I'm acting as GM. I ha e no problem scouting for the draft at all since I know who is going to do what next season. Not even going to make the play offs as it Stands.

So, from here on out, Play my cpu. I'm just acting GM right now till next season.

Holy crap! I hope Jeremy is joking with this one and just trying to prove my point, but damn...this is a trade offer he's got with the newly CPU owned Devils...

Carolina sends
Drayson Bowman - LW, 23 years old, 72 OVR
2014 1st Rd Pick
2016 1st Rd Pick
2017 1st Rd Pick

New Jersey sends
Ilya Kovalchuk - LW, 29 years old, 90 OVR

Yup...no problems here. "What's the big deal, brah? Chillax! It's just a video game Wooooo...party!"

bread's done
Back