CAGLS: Official NHL 14 Online Franchise - Random Rosters - Play ALL Human Opponents - Schedule Section #5 Due 4/9!

Well, Matt just got into the league today. So, if we counted 5 days from today. That would still give you Saturday and Sunday to play. Does that sound reasonable to everybody? That would make the deadline (last day to play) Sunday, 3/9.
In that case if anyone needs to play St. Louis send me a message on CAG. I will have my phone with me and I will be able to set things up. Not sure when Saturday I will be able to play but as long as the games aren't late Sunday I should be able to play then. If someone has to get a game in I did set it so that you should be able to play the CPU.

Man, the real life Predators traded their first ever 1st round draft pick...all the way back in 1998, David Legwand, today. That is cold, man. I mean, it's definitely a move for the future. Legwand will be 34 before next season starts...and Jarnkrok has put up pretty good numbers in the NHL. But I really hope he pans out, because Eaves and the 3rd round pick are basically throwaways. And Legwand was a fan favorite. I hate to see him go. But if it actually improves the team moving forward, then these are moves they have to make.
Sucks when that happens. Hell I felt bad when St. Louis traded Halak to Buffalo. I'm glad to see he's going to be playing for Washington now. Feels better him there than with Buffalo. Still think it sucks that he was traded when the players for St. Louis have even admitted they weren't playing a full 60. I'm still not sure if they are or not.

Goodbye Marty, have fun with the Ranger Syndrome. You know, Player goes to the Rangers and gets worse and when a Ranger player leaves, they do great.  It's a shame he abandon the team. Trying to make a playoff run and he's like, Nope! What ever, way to be selfish Marty. Good luck with him Rob! He plays only for him self!

Anyways, we playing all Humans and AI at our discretion right?

Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg

Rangers trade RW Brad Boyes (31 years old, 82 overall, 1.00 M, 1 year remaining)

Ducks trade LW Blake Comeau (27 years old, 81 overall, 1.00 M, 1 year remaining)

This is a needs trade for both teams. Boyes would be the Ducks second best RW, same with Comeau on the opposite wing for the Rangers.

Rangers trade RW Brad Boyes (31 years old, 82 overall, 1.00 M, 1 year remaining)

Ducks trade LW Blake Comeau (27 years old, 81 overall, 1.00 M, 1 year remaining)

This is a needs trade for both teams. Boyes would be the Ducks second best RW, same with Comeau on the opposite wing for the Rangers.
I have no problem with this at all.

Just got back from Nashville. I'm playing moojuice at one central tomorrow. I'd like to have all my games done by 6. Nit sure who I have to play but if you have to play St. Louis let me know. Ill keep an eye on cag for a message but after a 5 hour drive I'm probably going to pass out.

Rob, I messaged you yesterday afternoon on XBL but not sure if you saw it since you were watching Arrow. Since we didn't get to play last night, can you play today before 7:30 P.M. EST?

No way I can play that early with two kids buzzing around. I was on the whole night and didn't see you get back on, so I didn't bother messing back. I might be able to play at 730 in the nose, but can't be certain until much later.

What I said was I probably would be getting off XBL, but to send me a PM, FB message, or text. :p

I can play later on around 11 P.M. EST if that works for you. There is a wrestling PPV I will be watching from 8-11 EST.

Rob, in case you didn't see my XBL message, you played a great game. My hands were hurting from how tightly I was gripping the controller. That was intense.

If you want to try and get a game in tonight I should be able to as long as its not late. I'd like to have it started no later than 7:30 central. Same goes for the game with jza1218.

If you want to try and get a game in tonight I should be able to as long as its not late. I'd like to have it started no later than 7:30 central. Same goes for the game with jza1218.
Yeah, I can't play that early ever. Two kids and all that.

All right. We have advanced to the next section of games. The trades that were pending have all been put through, so everybody enjoy your new acquisitions.

The deadline for this next section of games will be 3/17!

Wow, Alan and I just started to begin our game also! Good thing we have another game to play against each other. ;-)
Well, the advance was already a few days late. I wouldn't have had a problem waiting on you guys if EA had like a website or something that I could advance us from (even Madden has that). But yeah...since I have to have the game loaded up, I just have to do it whenever. The fact that I was able to get my game with sendme in was sheer luck. I was advancing us tonight either way. Glad you guys have another game though.

For anyone that has to play St. Louis I'm able to play tonight depending on traffic and when I can get out of work around 3 to 6, tomorrow again depending on work and traffic 3 till whenever but would like to have them done by 8, Saturday I'm not sure about as everyone is celebrating St. Patrick's day Saturday and I have plans, Sunday I should be good all day however I want to try and avoid having a game start after 7:30 and on the 17th I wont be free at all.  All this is in central time.

I'm also going to submit the Brodeur and Quick trade tonight when I get home unless it's now become an issue.

For anyone that has to play St. Louis I'm able to play tonight depending on traffic and when I can get out of work around 3 to 6, tomorrow again depending on work and traffic 3 till whenever but would like to have them done by 8, Saturday I'm not sure about as everyone is celebrating St. Patrick's day Saturday and I have plans, Sunday I should be good all day however I want to try and avoid having a game start after 7:30 and on the 17th I wont be free at all. All this is in central time.

I'm also going to submit the Brodeur and Quick trade tonight when I get home unless it's now become an issue.
Well, can't say too much about the Brodeur/Quick trade because it hasn't been formally submitted. Hard to say if there's an issue with it when nobody has seen the numbers or what it entails. Up to this point, you've kind of just been talking about talking about submitting it, haha.

And we play again this round, but I'll have to get back to you on a time. The range you gave today definitely won't work. And when my gaming time starts on Fridays can vary...but 7:30 could be an option. At worst, Sunday should definitely work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought trades had to be said on here first. Ill submit it tonight after work. If we can do 7:30 tomorrow that will be fine. With St. Patrick's day being celebrated this weekend and me going to the game Monday it doesn't leave much open.

I thought trades had to be said on here first. Ill submit it tonight after work. If we can do 7:30 tomorrow that will be fine. With St. Patrick's day being celebrated this weekend and me going to the game Monday it doesn't leave much open.
Have you been following the thread? Submit the trade in game to make sure the CPU will do it. If they accept, the trade still has to be physically approved by the commissioner in game anyway. Post it in the thread, giving relevant info for each player (there's a list of 4-5 trades a couple pages back to show you what to include). Once it's in the thread with relevant info, people in here can fairly evaluate it.

Right now, all people know is you want to unload Brodeur for Quick. They don't know any of the other peripherals (if other players are involved, if money is being retained, etc). But I don't even want to go over all of that right now. Put it in in game, and then submit it here, and it will be considered.

That's all the trade is. I put it in the game and was given a green check. Thought the next step was to post details here and if everyone was okay with it then set the trade up again and hit submit.

Didn't know that. I thought if you got a green check the AI thought it was good. Knowing that the trade may not even work then. The more I play of this game the more I hate ea.

Yeah, you have to actually hit submit trade (start button maybe, I dunno) and the other team will tell you what they think. I'm pretty sure if it's just Brodeur for Quick they're gonna call you names. Hell, I got a talking to for offering an 81 overall center to a team for 77 overall Chris Kreider so....

Didn't know that. I thought if you got a green check the AI thought it was good. Knowing that the trade may not even work then. The more I play of this game the more I hate ea.
That's why I was trying to be as clear as I could possibly be with the process. In that first round of trades that several of us did, we had to submit numerous different proposals or find different teams/players to trade with entirely because some teams wanted nothing to do with our offers.

If I'm being honest, I was very surprised when you said the CPU would accept a trade of Brodeur for Quick. Brodeur is an 85 OVR. Quick is a 91 OVR. Brodeur is 41 years old. Quick is 28 years old. If I were them, I would reject that trade so hard, it would look like this

tumblr_inline_miok33A2yO1qz4rgp.gif

This game is plenty stupid, but you'd basically be fleecing the CPU with that trade...my opinion anyway.

Yeah, you have to actually hit submit trade (start button maybe, I dunno) and the other team will tell you what they think. I'm pretty sure if it's just Brodeur for Quick they're gonna call you names. Hell, I got a talking to for offering an 81 overall center to a team for 77 overall Chris Kreider so....
Haha, yeah. The CPU will actually make fun of you if you come at them with a bad offer. So, you better make sure you bring your big boy pants. A few of the GMs hurt my feelings. :cry:

I was surprised when it gave the green. Now I'm just trying to trade so I font have to deal with free agents and that's a pain in the ass. I get green and the team doesn't like it and I offer another player I get a red x and a message about 50 salary. This is getting stupid and I hate being .721M away from cap.

I was surprised when it gave the green. Now I'm just trying to trade so I font have to deal with free agents and that's a pain in the ass. I get green and the team doesn't like it and I offer another player I get a red x and a message about 50 salary. This is getting stupid and I hate being .721M away from cap.
Yeah...the move I made was not only to balance out my roster, but to clear cap space. I traded Hejda, a defenseman who made like $3M a year for a Wolski, a LW who made like $0.6M a year. My cap space was like $250K before that move.

I'm surprised you didn't look at that before you were considering Brodeur for Quick. If that's all the cap space you had, the trade wouldn't have worked anyway unless Quick's team ate $2M+...making it even more lopsided, lol. Gotta think like a GM...or just go watch Moneyball a bunch of times, haha :lol:

I don't know why it was green then in that trade. Hell I've tried to trade 3 players to Philadelphia for one player. All but one were what they were looking for and I still get the 50% warning. All I'm trying to do is move some free agents and give myself more cap room. I don't care if I lose every game from now on. If I can do what I want it's a winning season.

I don't know why it was green then in that trade. Hell I've tried to trade 3 players to Philadelphia for one player. All but one were what they were looking for and I still get the 50% warning. All I'm trying to do is move some free agents and give myself more cap room. I don't care if I lose every game from now on. If I can do what I want it's a winning season.
It is entirely possible the game doesn't have their salaries right. I used the internet to obtain those numbers. I'm pretty sure EA uses its butthole to obtain theirs. :lol:

I have a fair amount of cap room. Shoot me a PM with the impending free agents you're looking to move.
Will do. I'd like to trade position for position and get somewhere close for skill. If I get a chance before n8 and I play tonight I'm going to keep trying. I was starting to think they game wouldn't let it because I'm trying to trade a player with one year left on the contract for a player with 3 or more. Then I realized that some had the green check till I started giving prospects and even other players away. I'm tempted to start giving picks away, but I'm not sure on what the chances are on another season.

It is entirely possible the game doesn't have their salaries right. I used the internet to obtain those numbers. I'm pretty sure EA uses its butthole to obtain theirs. :lol:
I think EA just took everything for this game out of its butt hole and a lot of it is shit. I still think the controls and speed feel different. I played a game against the CPU and the pace and controls felt different. It's starting to feel more arcade like to me. If I wanted that I'd be playing 94 mode. It has me thinking about just playing live the life and in the league. Also do you think you can play at 7:30 tonight? I think that was the time you said you might be able to. If not we can always try for Sunday or when I know more as to what's going on Saturday I can send you a message on here. Still not sure what time I'm leaving Saturday and what time I'll be back.

Also do you think you can play at 7:30 tonight? I think that was the time you said you might be able to. If not we can always try for Sunday or when I know more as to what's going on Saturday I can send you a message on here. Still not sure what time I'm leaving Saturday and what time I'll be back.
Just confirming in here too that I can play at 7:30PM Central tonight. I hope you're still good for that time.

Trade Proposal:

Chicago Sends:

Pekka Rinne | G | 90 OVR | 6.970M/6YR | 4.5 White Potential

Rangers Send:

Anders Linkdback | G | 81 OVR | 1.795M/1YR | 3.5 Green Potential

TJ Oshie | RW | 85 OVR | 4.160M/4YR | 4 Green Potential

bread's done
Back