CAGplay Forecast #2: Wombat - Promise Keeper to the World

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']I just noticed the same thing. I'm guessing that with the recent acquisition of 1UP/EGM, there was no more room for Wombat.[/quote]
Maybe he should go on a diet. :whistle2:#

Appreciate the podcast, guys. It made room painting go a lot faster. :p I was wavering on Prince of Persia, but after hearing Ship's take on it, I think I'll pick it up once it's cheaper.

way to EGM/1UP get rid of the one person who made the blog relevant
(not to mention the free advertising every week on CAGcast)
Even though WOMBATs writing skill were not the best, I often find my laughing at his daily posts and take on the video game world. Looking at the blog now posts read like a book review. This game is good blah blah blah... 8/10. WOMBAT brought life to the blog, just look at his last post on Street Fighter, interesting take.
with the bunch of buffoons at 1up taking over, I don't think I will be visiting the blog again

FIGHT WOMBAT FIGHT

Wombat I enjoy your comments as usual good to see you without the bald guy once in a while. On an unrelated note I just got Saints Row 2 (ps3), how about we play some co-op some time?

Yea, glad you guys put out a show this week.

I was wondering what the deal is with Wombat and UGO and as was posted before that even though the blog still says "featuring Wombat" there have been no wombat posts since 2008... Guess we'll get the scoop on this week's CAGcast?

I really enjoy the CAGplay forecast, you guys should think of maybe doing it once a month as an extra. Or if Mrs. Shipwreck is still tired of previewing so many games then wombat could do it once a month to give her a 1 week break per month.

That was one of the dullest and boring podcasts around. I now realize why I quit listning to CAG Foreplay, Shipwreck goes into to much detail and bores the shit out of me, and my mind wonders off. Very boring conversation he had all around about stuff, Wombat on the other hand seemed like he took speed before the podcast. Shipwreck needs to add some jokes or better refrences, the only thing I remember him saying is his wife's name, and just because it's one of those names you wonder what where her parents thinking? Don't get me wrong, I think Shipwreck is awesome and great and I wouldn't mind having a conversation with him, but he just can be boring at times and does not seem to know how to self edit himself out of the show.

[quote name='Davestation']That was one of the dullest and boring podcasts around. I now realize why I quit listning to CAG Foreplay, Shipwreck goes into to much detail and bores the shit out of me, and my mind wonders off. Very boring conversation he had all around about stuff, Wombat on the other hand seemed like he took speed before the podcast. Shipwreck needs to add some jokes or better refrences, the only thing I remember him saying is his wife's name, and just because it's one of those names you wonder what where her parents thinking? Don't get me wrong, I think Shipwreck is awesome and great and I wouldn't mind having a conversation with him, but he just can be boring at times and does not seem to know how to self edit himself out of the show.[/QUOTE]

I can see by your history of constructive and insightful posts that I should rush out tomorrow and change my name to Dave.

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']I can see by your history of constructive and insightful posts that I should rush out tomorrow and change my name to Dave.[/quote]

All I am saying is that your name would be more appropriate back in the colonial times and signing of the constitution. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is an old name that was popular in the 70's (1970's not 1770's) but has plumited since. Maybe your parents are of German descent? If not they should have gone with the English variant of Maggie or the pet form Margaret. It is odd however, that I bashed your husband and the greatest offense you took was to your name?

yea Shippy and Wombat, RS: V2 was great and we had some good times online with some other CAGs. and it was the first time i played online with Cheapy too so that was special. ^_^

o yea Shippy, i beat your finished games list! ;)

[quote name='Davestation']All I am saying is that your name would be more appropriate back in the colonial times and signing of the constitution. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is an old name that was popular in the 70's (1970's not 1770's) but has plumited since. Maybe your parents are of German descent? If not they should have gone with the English variant of Maggie or the pet form Margaret. It is odd however, that I bashed your husband and the greatest offense you took was to your name?[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with you saying I'm boring. It's the Internet, there's certainly plenty of differing opinions and plenty of personality types to go around. We're just people having a good time and trying to make interesting content, so it is often hurtful when people come out of nowhere to take personal jabs at you. That makes it a lot less of a good time. Good job figuring out that her family has German ancestry though. And I like her name.

Yes, I am 100% German. Should all the American Juans of the world banish their heratige for the name John because it's English? Or should we all be named Apple or Shiloh because those names are uber popular now and not "old"? On the bright side, I like having a name that no one else in school had (I'm sure all the Jennifers can attest to there being quite a few in grade school). On the down side, I can NEVER find those random pens/paper personalize items in the store. Question our podcast, my gaming habits and knowledge all you want, but why would I not be offended when someone questions the name my loving parents gave me at birth as "appropriate"? That's just being a small-minded jerk.

[quote name='Davestation']All I am saying is that your name would be more appropriate back in the colonial times and signing of the constitution. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is an old name that was popular in the 70's (1970's not 1770's) but has plumited since. Maybe your parents are of German descent? If not they should have gone with the English variant of Maggie or the pet form Margaret. It is odd however, that I bashed your husband and the greatest offense you took was to your name?[/quote]

The Shipwrecks are Awesome, thier podcast is awesome, and mrs.shipwreck's real name is awesome....

[quote name='shipwreck']I have no problem with you saying I'm boring. It's the Internet, there's certainly plenty of differing opinions and plenty of personality types to go around. We're just people having a good time and trying to make interesting content, so it is often hurtful when people come out of nowhere to take personal jabs at you. That makes it a lot less of a good time. Good job figuring out that her family has German ancestry though. And I like her name.[/QUOTE]

It is hard to tell sarcasm from being a jerk online. I did not mean for my comments to be a personal jab at you or your wife. I also did not think that Wombat was really on speed either. For any offense that I may have caused you Shipwreck, I apologize. I enjoy your input on the show and think that you are very well educated in gaming knowledge. You know so much, I believe that you may go way into to much detail at times.

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']Yes, I am 100% German. Should all the American Juans of the world banish their heratige for the name John because it's English? Or should we all be named Apple or Shiloh because those names are uber popular now and not "old"? On the bright side, I like having a name that no one else in school had (I'm sure all the Jennifers can attest to there being quite a few in grade school). On the down side, I can NEVER find those random pens/paper personalize items in the store. Question our podcast, my gaming habits and knowledge all you want, but why would I not be offended when someone questions the name my loving parents gave me at birth as "appropriate"? That's just being a small-minded jerk.[/QUOTE]

Mrs Shipwreck, on your original rebuttle to my post my sarcasm detector went off the charts. So, my response was meant to be completley sarcastic with a tad bit of antagonism thrown in. It's good that you embrace your heritage in this melting pot culture we have. I was not questioning your parents as my original post seems to dictate. I was more mearly shocked that was your name and did not come across that way. The colonial comment was meant as a joke. I know people with simular names like yours who got teased in school for it. No, I never teased anyone for there name either. So I am sorry for any kind of pain or hurtfulness I may have unintentianley brought to you.

So once again my apologies to you Shipwreck, and especially Mrs. Shipwreck. My comments where never supposed to be a personal jab at either of you.

[quote name='Davestation'] . . .does not seem to know how to self edit himself out of the show.[/quote]

Well, if we're going to get all nitpicky, how do you "self edit yourself"? I wish you would just self edit yourself out of this thread. So you don't like the podcast, I can understand that. It's perfectly understandable. I don't like lots of popular podcasts - I suppose the difference is that I don't go trolling on their boards prattling on about someone's name.

Just because the Internet grants you anonymity doesn't mean you should use it to slander people you don't like. Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility.

:applause: at pelf

[quote name='Davestation']It is hard to tell sarcasm from being a jerk online. I did not mean for my comments to be a personal jab at you or your wife. I also did not think that Wombat was really on speed either. For any offense that I may have caused you Shipwreck, I apologize. I enjoy your input on the show and think that you are very well educated in gaming knowledge. You know so much, I believe that you may go way into to much detail at times.

Mrs Shipwreck, on your original rebuttle to my post my sarcasm detector went off the charts. So, my response was meant to be completley sarcastic with a tad bit of antagonism thrown in. It's good that you embrace your heritage in this melting pot culture we have. I was not questioning your parents as my original post seems to dictate. I was more mearly shocked that was your name and did not come across that way. The colonial comment was meant as a joke. I know people with simular names like yours who got teased in school for it. No, I never teased anyone for there name either. So I am sorry for any kind of pain or hurtfulness I may have unintentianley brought to you.

So once again my apologies to you Shipwreck, and especially Mrs. Shipwreck. My comments where never supposed to be a personal jab at either of you.[/QUOTE]

It's all good, I think it was just a perfect storm of a bad morning, difficult to determine Internet sarcasm, and a poor choice of wording. All is forgiven.

[quote name='Gillespee']Just because the Internet grants you anonymity doesn't mean you should use it to slander people you don't like. [/quote]

Not really slander since there was no defamation involved. Defamation would be more like, "Wombat does a line of coke before every show."

And, in print, it's libel.:lol:

[quote name='Gillespee']Well, if we're going to get all nitpicky, how do you "self edit yourself"? I wish you would just self edit yourself out of this thread. So you don't like the podcast, I can understand that. It's perfectly understandable. I don't like lots of popular podcasts - I suppose the difference is that I don't go trolling on their boards prattling on about someone's name.

Just because the Internet grants you anonymity doesn't mean you should use it to slander people you don't like. Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility.

:applause: at pelf[/quote]

I was just stating my opion about Shipwreck and going on and the overall show. It's an opinion, nothing concrete. I was also not "prattling on" about someones name. I only used that to state that is all I remembered about the show and someone thought it was a personal attack. There was no slander, and I do like the Shipwrecks. If I was trolling around, I would have posted stuff that was not relivant to the thread at all. Something like: Show was stupid, tell Cheapy to invest in Rogain. That would be trolling and possible defamation. Slander I would have to record it onto something and broadcast it.

Your comment is off topic, if you want to discuss this more we can PM and stop the so called trolling that you are now helping with.

Also, Wombat choices of quotes from the last show was of a narcasitic nature and he should go off and try to read more about topics that are not on how great he is.

[quote name='shipwreck']It's all good, I think it was just a perfect storm of a bad morning, difficult to determine Internet sarcasm, and a poor choice of wording. All is forgiven.[/quote]

i don't think anyone could tell he was being sarcastic.

[quote name='Davestation']Slander I would have to record it onto something and broadcast it.
[/quote]

Just because I'm bored...

That would still be considered libel. If a statement is entirely in hearsay and not recorded (whether written or captured), then it is considered slander.

Carry on.

Davestation - I didn't catch your sarcasm in your second post. If I had, I certainly would have responded differently. No harm, no foul. I know nothing was meant to be vicious. Anyway, we've officially tied this whole issue into a Spider-man reference, so I'd say case closed (or whatever catchy saying you lawyer people want to use) :)

Mrs. Ship has a nice name and Davestation points while his own, are his own. I love your show and hope it continues for the foreseeable future.

[quote name='pelf21']The Shipwrecks are Awesome, thier podcast is awesome, and mrs.shipwreck's real name is awesome....[/quote]

Agree with all of these, plus Mrs. Ship was in our fantasy football league! Gotta give props for that!

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']On the down side, I can NEVER find those random pens/paper personalize items in the store.[/QUOTE]

I always hated that growing up. Plus only coming across two other people named Rex so far in my life is still kinda depressing....even if its a kickass name.

IMO, you've got a pretty cool name

Just got around to listening to this and enjoyed it, though I think the reason for High Velocity Bowling selling so well is because of Wii Sports Bowling. It's more of a flesh-out version of that part of Wii Sports and I bought it when it went on sale for $5 last fall. They just added trophies and online play about two months ago, which added a lot to what was already a fun game.

I remember starting to listen to this...but i dont remember listening to it all or what was said lol...so i must have fallen asleep :cry:...

Will give it another listen tonight if i aint out to refresh my memory :)

bread's done
Back