CAG's caught my son playing Zumba on Kinect.

fullhavok

CAGiversary!
hey guy's i had set up a channel on youtube & for the longest, I've been thinking about what to put up on it, well i got it! LOL. i had received the Kinect as a xmas gift, with the Zumba fitness game. when i opened it, everyone..including my oldest son, made fun of it & wouldn't try it. but last night we caught him playing it & i busted out the old iphone & filmed him. I know it's funny to us, & probably only somewhat funny to my fellow cag's. but it's a start. my 2 cents. thanks

ohh.. p.s. here it is, if you like to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jmtTvqcC1s

please be kind. :0)

My mom loves Zumba IRL.

Tell your son you're glad he's willing to try new things and maybe lose a few pounds in the process. And mention to him being fit will score him more chicks.

:lol: This is like the opposite of the Wii Fit girl. If he likes that maybe look into the other fitness games, and once the laughter subsides turn it into motivation.

Does he know you're posting this on the internet?

Instead of making fun of him, why don't you help him with his weight loss.

[quote name='seanr1221']Does he know you're posting this on the internet?
[/QUOTE]
This is a good point, OP you might want to consider taking it down before the wrong person sees the video and his friends see it or even worse it hits a gaming blog or something. You don't want to create a new Star Wars kid situation with your own son.

[quote name='seanr1221']Does he know you're posting this on the internet?

Instead of making fun of him, why don't you help him with his weight loss.[/QUOTE]

This and...

[quote name='CouRageouS']This is a good point, OP you might want to consider taking it down before the wrong person sees the video and his friends see it or even worse it hits a gaming blog or something. You don't want to create a new Star Wars kid situation with your own son.[/QUOTE]

This.

On the real....that's fucked up

Coming from a big guy who wished he could have had such motivation to lose weight when I was younger

Remove this shit ASAP and act like it never happened. He ain't gay or troubled....he just wants to lose weight and do it while having fun.

In fact, change his (and probably your whole family's) eating habits to help out. Don't even have to announce it to anyone...just do it

I sincerely doubt anyone from outside of the community gives a shit about anything but the gaming deals. ._.

And the video won't be viral cuz what's there to laugh about? A fat kid playing a game for 10 seconds? OH SHIT BETTER REDDIT THAT. You know, I didn't even think the joke was about the kid being fat until everyone started posting about it. To me, it was more "Oh, that hypocrite~" much in the vein of many gamers knocking casual games, but playing them anyway.

Without that background, there is no story, and without a story, for something this short, who gives a fuck?

tl;dr: lol, OP, don't worry about it. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed with the above. Unless he knows you posted it and is ok with it, take that shit down before his friends stumble across it on Youtube etc. Even if no one finds it, still a douche move to put such a video online if you're son's not aware.

Damn OP. I don't even like mentioning that I have a son much less post a "funny" video of him on the internet.

[quote name='CouRageouS']This is a good point, OP you might want to consider taking it down before the wrong person sees the video and his friends see it or even worse it hits a gaming blog or something. You don't want to create a new Star Wars kid situation with your own son.[/QUOTE]
I can't see this going viral. It's 3 seconds long and looks like it was filmed with a disposable camera.
[quote name='strongpimphand']Remove this shit ASAP and act like it never happened. He ain't gay or troubled....he just wants to lose weight and do it while having fun.[/QUOTE]
Dancing = Gay?

What is wrong with your brain?

The cover to this game is fapping material

zumba%2Bfintness%2Bxbox%2B360%2Biso.png

As both a father and a son, I'd be the first to tell you to take that down immediately.

Sure, it might seem like an overreaction, but while it would never go viral in the REAL world, if it went viral on your kid's classmates' Facebook pages, that would be enough to really hurt his feelings and damage his trust for you and his friends. Take it down simply because no good can come of this.

[quote name='bburpee']As both a father and a son, I'd be the first to tell you to take that down immediately.

Sure, it might seem like an overreaction, but while it would never go viral in the REAL world, if it went viral on your kid's classmates' Facebook pages, that would be enough to really hurt his feelings and damage his trust for you and his friends. Take it down simply because no good can come of this.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this comment. It's like admitting to the Internet that you're 30 and live with your parents. It will only create pain for everybody.

at work so ic ant watch, but is it possible its the op and not his son?

Figured that would come out in the end, but apparently its not the case here.

Reminded me of one of those, "my friend" type situations...

[quote name='Brak']I can't see this going viral. It's 3 seconds long and looks like it was filmed with a disposable camera.
[/QUOTE]
True, would never go viral but its more that it could get around to the kid's peers.

[quote name='Brak']I can't see this going viral. It's 3 seconds long and looks like it was filmed with a disposable camera.

Dancing = Gay?

What is wrong with your brain?[/QUOTE]
I suggest you utilize the block feature....

I think everyone is overreacting majorly. I haven't watched the video but it couldn't possibly ruin this kid's life. The only thing it could do is make "core" gamers realize how ridiculous it is to limit yourself by not experiencing other types of gameplay.

Of course, I'm thinking idealistically and as if the internet has a mature userbase.

[quote name='davo1224']I think everyone is overreacting majorly. I haven't watched the video but it couldn't possibly ruin this kid's life. The only thing it could do is make "core" gamers realize how ridiculous it is to limit yourself by not experiencing other types of gameplay.

Of course, I'm thinking idealistically and as if the internet has a mature userbase.[/QUOTE]

No, CAG is just made up of really old guys who have seen what those whacky kids and their Youtubes have done and think that because their siblings send them videos of cats dancing that this is the same thing.

Wow. I'm really inmpress3eed withe CAG community and their advice here. I have to agree with taking it down to avoid possible emotional casualties. Way to go CAG, some nice people.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I sincerely doubt anyone from outside of the community gives a shit about anything but the gaming deals. ._.

And the video won't be viral cuz what's there to laugh about? A fat kid playing a game for 10 seconds? OH SHIT BETTER REDDIT THAT. You know, I didn't even think the joke was about the kid being fat until everyone started posting about it. To me, it was more "Oh, that hypocrite~" much in the vein of many gamers knocking casual games, but playing them anyway.

Without that background, there is no story, and without a story, for something this short, who gives a fuck?

tl;dr: lol, OP, don't worry about it. Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I wasn't making fun of his weight to begin, (being a big guy myself) it's funny how people, just jump to conclusions! yeah, he's a little overweight, & YES he's working on it. but NO one in the house ever make's fun of it. so there you have it. I keep forgetting what a mean place the web can be. now let me get back to my double whopper cheese meal. ( it's a joke guy's ) geeeezzzz

[quote name='davo1224']I think everyone is overreacting majorly. I haven't watched the video but it couldn't possibly ruin this kid's life. The only thing it could do is make "core" gamers realize how ridiculous it is to limit yourself by not experiencing other types of gameplay.

Of course, I'm thinking idealistically and as if the internet has a mature userbase.[/QUOTE]

thank you!

& for the record, yes he knows, he has seen it & has no problem with it. he thinks its funny too. geeezzz

bread's done
Back