CAGs Most Ordered in November/December 2008 - Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]208[/img-r]The following are CAGs most ordered games from Amazon.com during the 2008 holiday season (November 1st to December 31st). I hope to be posting the entire year's best sellers and some other site stats later this week.

1. :360: Left 4 Dead
  2. :360: The Last Remnant
  3. :ps3: Heavenly Sword
  4. :ps2: Persona 3 FES with Soundtrack CD and Artbook
  5. :360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Keep reading for the rest of the Top 50.[/preview]

1. :360: Left 4 Dead
  2. :360: The Last Remnant
  3. :ps3: Heavenly Sword
  4. :ps2: Persona 3 FES with Soundtrack CD and Artbook
  5. :360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  6. :ps2: Playstation 2 Memory Card 8MB 2PK Red/Blue
  7. :psp: God of War Chains of Olympus
  8. :360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  9. :ds: Personal Trainer: Cooking
  10. :pc: Left 4 Dead
  11. :ps2: God of War 2
  12. :360: Pure
  13. :ps3: PlayStation 3 Memory Card Adaptor
  14. :360: Dead Space
  15. :wii: Trauma Center: New Blood
  16. :360: Sonic Unleashed
  17. :360: Lost Planet Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition
  18. :360: Infinite Undiscovery
  19. :ps2: Resident Evil 4
  20. :ds: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
  21. :360: Infinite Undiscovery Includes Gift with Purchase
  22. :wii: Animal Crossing City Folk w/ Wii Speak
  23. :ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  24. :ds: Hannah Montana DS
  25. :360: Fallout 3
  26. :360: Golden Axe: Beast Rider
  27. :ps3: LittleBigPlanet
  28. :ps2: God of War
  29. :360: Call of Duty: World at War
  30. :wii: Boom Blox
  31. :ds: Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (Gift With Purchase)
  32. :ds: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
  33. :ps3: Far Cry 2
  34. :ps3: Resistance: Fall Of Man
  35. :360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
  36. :ps3: Playstation 3 Zero Wireless Controller
  37. :wii: Okami
  38. :360: Too Human
  39. :360: Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Card plus 1 Month Bonus
  40. :ps2: Eternal Poison
  41. :ps3: PlayStation 3 Frontman Wireless Guitar - Black
  42. :ps3: Warhawk (No Headset)
  43. :360: The Orange Box
  44. :psp: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  45. :ds: Nintendo DS Lite Limited Edition Red Mario with New Super Mario Bros.
  46. :ps3: Ridge Racer 7
  47. :ds: Touchmaster
  48. :psp: R-Type Command
  49. :ps3: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition
  50. :pc: Fallout 3
October '08 - September '08 - August '08

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise about The Last Remnant. Amazon was basically begging us to buy it. All in all, though, I have really enjoyed it. It's basically all I play right now.

The only game I ordered in those two months was the Metal Gear Solid collection, and my God I'm loving it.

I recognize a lot of those. most were during BF weekend

I myself go #2 (TLR), #6 x2 (PS2 mem cards), #21 (IU w/gift), and #22 (AC w/ wiispeak). lol interesting tidbit is that I got #21 and #22 together.

Amazon 2008 Online Retailer of the Year

For some reason I love these posts, Cheapy. I'll very likely end up walking into your well-designed trap and buying something through these links!

This always reminds me to come back through the affiliate links when I order. I hope I did enough of that during my Xmas shopping. Heavens knows I have a stack of empty Amazon boxes now. :p

I cannot help but chuckle at #2 being The Last Remnant. Amazon put that on sale like crazy and I remember seeing TONS of naysaying and arguments about how it was crap. I hope it pleasantly surprised some people. Maybe after I work through my backlog it will be on sale again.

P3 beat P4. Awesome. Also, wow at the lack of Wii. I'd say that's another indication of Nintendo dropping of hardcore gamers, but then all those DS games...

I'm very surprised Left 4 Dead sold better on XBox than PC. Then again, that must be because of my prejudice against FPS on consoles.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I cannot help but chuckle at #2 being The Last Remnant. Amazon put that on sale like crazy and I remember seeing TONS of naysaying and arguments about how it was crap. I hope it pleasantly surprised some people. Maybe after I work through my backlog it will be on sale again.[/quote]

It certainly surprised me. In all honesty, besides the technical issues...which border on laughable and pretty unacceptable...it's a really fun game. Easily my second favorite RPG on the 360.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Left 4 Dead, Last Remnant, and Banjo are some of the worst games on the 360. I don't understand people.[/quote]

Have you even played Left 4 Dead? I don't know a single person who hasn't liked it. I even got my brother and my best friend who were totally uninterested in the game to love it. Unless you have something against FPS/co-op/zombie games, you're crazy.

I think it is a shame that Fable 2 is not on there. Fallout 3 is so Fun, I am about halfway done and I iwll play it again (some year). I own but still have not played the last remnant at all. Is personal trainer cooking really a game? That is pathetic!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Left 4 Dead, Last Remnant, and Banjo are some of the worst games on the 360. I don't understand people.[/quote]

:whistle2:k

Last Remnant I can at least sort of understand, but that's even got mostly 6s and 7s. Banjo mostly got 7s and 8s. And L4D? That easily got some of the highest scores for a game in the last few months.

People need to learn the difference between "I don't like a game" and "This game isn't good." I hate Gears of War, but I recognize that it's still a great game. "Some of the worst games on the 360?" Not even close.

I was one of the ones who ordered TLR, saw all the horrible reviews, and because the shipping took 2 weeks, sent it back and got refunded.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']:whistle2:k

Last Remnant I can at least sort of understand, but that's even got mostly 6s and 7s. Banjo mostly got 7s and 8s. And L4D? That easily got some of the highest scores for a game in the last few months.

People need to learn the difference between "I don't like a game" and "This game isn't good." I hate Gears of War, but I recognize that it's still a great game. "Some of the worst games on the 360?" Not even close.[/quote]

Good points, I really doubt he played any of those games to justify his opinion. I am playing Banjo and forget the demo, the game itself is really fun. I'm addicted to it. L4D, I like the demo and may get the full game someday. Last Remnant I may get when it hits PC if some of those tech issues are addressed.

This list is fascinating. 1 PS3 game in the top 25 and the fact that Gears of War 2 isn't even on this list is almost unbelievable.

Very disappointing that Fallout 3 didn't fare better... but maybe because it's counting only the regular editions? I'm sure a good number of CAGs ordered the CE version. LBP definitely wasn't a popular as I thought it would be.

Also, very poor showings for the PS3 and yet very solid performance by the PS2.

I don't know if this list really proves the "good games" vs. "bad games"; what it does prove is that if the price is low enough, people will buy anything!

For games like Gears 2, most people bought those immediately without waiting for a deal or pre-ordered them for launch day. I'm not surprised about this list since they seem to be "B" games in the ratings or sleeper hits that a lot of people passed on. I am, however, surprised that L4D is so high up but I think it falls into the sleeper hit games.

EDIT: i should've also mentioned that LBP was hyped up way too much for what it is. I LOVE the game, but I realized that it's definitely not for everyone like they tried to make it. I just hope that an LBP2 isn't out the question due to not meeting the expected sales.

[quote name='i4ybrid']I'm very surprised Left 4 Dead sold better on XBox than PC. Then again, that must be because of my prejudice against FPS on consoles.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it prejudice but realizing that the game is better experienced on the PC. I fire it up on my PC in my little room, lights off with 5.1 surround sound or headphones when the wife yells that its to loud ;), face 2 feet from the screen and I got gaming nervana. If I played this on my 360 in the family room with a gamepad it would suck.

I would also take a guess that a huge amount of L4D for PC were sold directly from STEAM.

bread's done
Back