CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

What's the roster everyone is using? I just picked up the game yesterday, and it loads up a preloaded file called "Roster," but is that the same as the "Living Roster?" Also, when I try to click the "Living Rosters" button on the team select screen, nothing happens. I know you can download Rosters through the in-game menu, but do you have to load that Roster up each time you play or will the game automatically do this?

I suspect not because when playing as the Blazers BOTH Oden and Przybilla are both available.

I haven't touched a sports game besides Tiger Woods in about 5 years, so I have no idea what's going on. Someone enlighten me.

I proposed a trade a to Y2J, he accepted, but for some reason the roster stays the same.
Is eddie supposed to accept the trade before it's made?

As far as I know, trades are supposed to be discussed in the thread before being made...to ensure that they're realistic and fair. At least that's what it says in the OP.

[quote name='xXx NASO xXx']Whoever is interested in trading Ginobili, reply to me with who you want to trade for him.

I don't like taking threes, and Ginobili it's not a player that fits my play style.[/QUOTE]

I might could do Gilbert Arenas for Ginobli

Yeah, sorry guys. Been really busy these past few days.

I'll send you an invite XXXplosive1 for the Jazz. And Keers75, I'll send you one for the Mavs.

[quote name='xXx NASO xXx']I proposed a trade a to Y2J, he accepted, but for some reason the roster stays the same.
Is eddie supposed to accept the trade before it's made?[/QUOTE]
Yup, everything is supposed to be approved by the admin.

Holy crap that's one big trade. FYI, its Brandon Roy and Greg Oden to San Antonio for Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Anyone have any thoughts on it? It seems lopsided in favor of the Blazers.

EDIT: Invites sent out.

that trade seems slightly lopsided but I guess it's more about playing styles than the actual players... I could never have manu on my team and tim duncan would slow my game down. from what I can tell, the real trade is duncan for roy and the other two are thrown in to fill position voids

Memphis, LAL, Miami... I should be available after 7 pm to get these games out of the way

Here's my availability for whoever is looking.

I'm usually available weekday evenings after like 5 or so. I'm on central time. Tuesdays are bad days for me. But any other day of the week is fine. I'm also available on weekends

[quote name='eddie291']Yeah, sorry guys. Been really busy these past few days.

I'll send you an invite XXXplosive1 for the Jazz. And Keers75, I'll send you one for the Mavs.

Yup, everything is supposed to be approved by the admin.

Holy crap that's one big trade. FYI, its Brandon Roy and Greg Oden to San Antonio for Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Anyone have any thoughts on it? It seems lopsided in favor of the Blazers.

EDIT: Invites sent out.[/QUOTE]

Tim Duncan and Manu don't fit my playstyle, B-Roy is a player I like using and Greg it's to fill the other spot!

Me and the Y2J want to play today, so approve/decline the trade before 8:00pm.

[quote name='eddie291']Holy crap that's one big trade. FYI, its Brandon Roy and Greg Oden to San Antonio for Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Anyone have any thoughts on it? It seems lopsided in favor of the Blazers.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's also unrealistic as shit and would never happen. Hell, why not just switch teams? Why even pick the Blazers if you're going to trade their two biggest players. I know the Madden leagues were never in favor of people gutting teams. This seems like basically the same thing.

This was agreed to by both of us. I picked the blazers because that was the best team left when I picked. As mentioned by both of us involved, it fits our style of play, plain and simple. I like playing a half court game. If the spurs were available I would have chosen them because they are my home team.

Well if injuries on on Oden is a HUGE risk, the guy is made of glass.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']What's the roster everyone is using? I just picked up the game yesterday, and it loads up a preloaded file called "Roster," but is that the same as the "Living Roster?" Also, when I try to click the "Living Rosters" button on the team select screen, nothing happens. I know you can download Rosters through the in-game menu, but do you have to load that Roster up each time you play or will the game automatically do this?

I suspect not because when playing as the Blazers BOTH Oden and Przybilla are both available.

I haven't touched a sports game besides Tiger Woods in about 5 years, so I have no idea what's going on. Someone enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

The rosters have not been updated yet. When the season starts they will do the real updating and for online play it will automatically give you the latest roster.

Calinks brings up a good point. I don't know, I guess people can do whatever they want. I know the concern in the Madden league was always people abandoning their teams and leaving them a mess. But if Eddie doesn't think it's a problem, I'm cool with it. I just can't shake the feeling that it seems like NASO and y2j would be better off switching teams, haha.

[quote name='Calinks']Well if injuries on on Oden is a HUGE risk, the guy is made of glass.
[/QUOTE]
Good point. That makes it even more lopsided in favor of the Blazers. And yes, injuries are on.

Is there anything else you guys can offer? I mean, trading away Roy for Ginobili and maybe both of you trading away some role players with them would be fine. But adding in Duncan seems to be pushing it.

I was thinking of switching your teams(if you guys are willing of course), but considering both of you already played games, I don't think I'll do that.

EDIT: BTW, I'm online right now. I'll be on again by 9pm-ish. If you see me playing another game, then just message me on XBL and I'll get into the game with you as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in and I'll be playing for awhile tonight if anyone wants to get a game in. Looks like I'm scheduled to play SAC, SA, MIN, CHI and WAS. My gamertag is Keers75

This is only supposed to be one season right? If the guys want to swap players, I have no problem with it. Maybe if this trade was proposed last minute, it might seem like their was something nefarious. But if someone wants to play essentially their whole season with Roy, Odin and Parker, so be it. I dont take issue with this particular trade.

I guess the only issue I have is more of a philosophical one, the league was created as "Real rosters". Why are trades allowed at all?

[quote name='hostyl1']This is only supposed to be one season right? If the guys want to swap players, I have no problem with it. Maybe if this trade was proposed last minute, it might seem like their was something nefarious. But if someone wants to play essentially their whole season with Roy, Odin and Parker, so be it. I dont take issue with this particular trade.

I guess the only issue I have is more of a philosophical one, the league was created as "Real rosters". Why are trades allowed at all?[/QUOTE]
I suppose you're right. I'm just worried that NASO may leave and just leave the Spurs in a not so nice position for anyone else.

Ok, since everyone seems to be having problems with this trade, I will NOT do it. I will finish the league with 2 players that don't fit my playstyle. -_-
But I guess the rules were clear
"Trades: Will be allowed, but should be discussed among league members so that there won't be any unfair trades."

I'm not the kind of guy that leaves a league/game when he's losing (which is what I'm doing). I will
finish the league and if you invite me to the next one I will keep joining.

P.S.- I know it's too early, but can the next league be a Fantasy League? Or make a poll with what people want for the next league

[quote name='xXx NASO xXx']P.S.- I know it's too early, but can the next league be a Fantasy League? Or make a poll with what people want for the next league[/QUOTE]

There was a fantasy league created. Seen was running it. But it never got off the ground. There was a decent group of people who were interested in playing in a fantasy league though. No reason why something like that couldn't be successful.

If the two teams agree to it, and they are both commited to the league, I see no reason to block it. It seems reasonable enough to me.

I'm avaliable most weeknights after 9pm eastern. I could play earlier if I know in advance. Weekends are a crap shoot, but If we plan in advance, I can make something happen.

[quote name='xXx NASO xXx']Ok, since everyone seems to be having problems with this trade, I will NOT do it. I will finish the league with 2 players that don't fit my playstyle. -_-
But I guess the rules were clear
"Trades: Will be allowed, but should be discussed among league members so that there won't be any unfair trades."

I'm not the kind of guy that leaves a league/game when he's losing (which is what I'm doing). I will
finish the league and if you invite me to the next one I will keep joining.

P.S.- I know it's too early, but can the next league be a Fantasy League? Or make a poll with what people want for the next league[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I'll stick through with this league even if I'm getting my ass kicked too.

I don't think the trade is bad and I am one who really understands the point on paystyles you can ask duece I have given away better players for lower rated players I can use many of times. Honestly I feel like no team no matter what trade could be as stacked as Miami lol

I can play today is we start between 12:30 P.M. and 2 P.M. Pacific time. Then I have to get ready and got to a doctor's appointment. I can play this evening after I get back from that as well.

Mr. Grand Cru (Wizards) commented me on Facebook asking if we could play tomorrow or Saturday. Since I have a hockey game to go to Saturday night, I said tomorrow would be best. Hoping to get that game done then.

Anybody else who plays the Bulls, now you know my availability for today. Tomorrow afternoon/evening (again, PST) should be pretty open, but Friday and Saturday, I can only play during the afternoon since my evenings will be occupied by CAG hockey (Friday) and real life hockey (Saturday).

Here is my first batch of games again. I've had communication with Washington, Atlanta, and Phoenix, so hopefully some or both of those games should be knocked out soon.

Chicago Bulls schedule:

Washington Wizards
@ Atlanta Hawks
Phoenix Suns
@ Dallas Mavericks
Portland Blazers

I'm available anytime after 5 pm CT on weekdays. I'm not available at all this Saturday but I should be around Sunday morning and evening. Again, I'm Dallas and my GT is Keers75 if you want to add me.

Um...I have to ask, the website standings are showing 11 teams in the Eastern Conference and only 7 teams in the West. I know Eddie said he moved Memphis to the East because things were unbalanced. But it looks like Portland and Sacramento were moved also. This really screws things up because 4 of the 7 Western teams will make the playoffs, but only 4 of 11 will make it in the East. I haven't looked in game, but is there any chance the site is just displaying this wrong or did something get screwed up when the league was created?

Whoa, that's weird as hell. Must've been some kinda of glitch when I kicked out the Mav's original owner and invited a couple of other people. I fixed it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Yea I really don't care about any trade as long as someone isn't looking to trade just to screw everyone else. In real life, teams get great deals sometimes. Gasol for Kwame. Big Al for a first, Beasley for a second round pick, etc etc. I don't think this trade is that crazy. The value is there.

Also, man... the online is really off compared to single player. I feel like I can only hit shots with a few player and everything feels sluggish. Today, the Mavs had a lot of shots that probably would have went down offline but online, everything just feels off. It's hard to get used to.

Yeah I feel like there's a half-second lag or something. The past two games it's taken me a quarter or two to get used to it but by then the games were mostly out of reach. Just takes some getting used to I suppose.

I guess. Man, Wes Johnson is a freaking beast and savior in this game. That guy has saved my butt twice now.

ATT: Matt Young, urmomlikesme, Mr Grand Cru, and BossOfAllBossez

Are any of you guys around? I'm on Live right now and probably will be for the next few hours. If anybody could play, that would be great. Not to call you out, Matt, but you and the Jazz owner (who is new) are the only ones who haven't played a game yet.

I know. I did purposely put off playing for a few days to get some practice, but I've been trying to schedule games this week. I've been in contact with people about playing, but it hasn't happened.

With you, we played hockey on our usual night. Grand Cru said tomorrow or Saturday, but now says tomorrow may not work due to the Madden Super Bowl. Phoenix/URMOMLIK3SM3 and I have exchanged messages about playing and were talking about doing so tonight after my doctor's appointment, but I got a call from a friend who had vouchers for Kings tickets, so off to Staples Center I went. I am free tomorrow if you or anyone wants to play, basically from the afternoon (Pacific time) on.

While I'm in this thread, I'll share this pic since it's basketball related:

67574_482691399934_680884934_6806890_5788656_n.jpg

I'll be home around 9:30pm est and can play any games after that.
I have Lakers, Wizards, Heat, Hawks, Bucks on my schedule. If you post here that you can play I'll meet you online when I get home

Sorry I wasnt around last night but we had a neighborhood power outage just about the time when I can usually get on. I should be around tonight though usual time 8:30-10:30p (eastern). If you see me playing something else (Enslaved) just shoot me a msg. (BUCKS)

miami and la lakers, I should be online and ready to play tomorrow (saturday) after 1. those are my last two games in round one so I hope to get them both done tomorrow

I (Chicago) messaged 3 opponents yesterday about playing, but only Phoenix got back to me, saying he couldn't due to school. Cru (Washington) did message me on Live late at night after I was doing CAG hockey night.

Today, I will be leaving probably around 4 P.M. Pacific to go to a hockey game. Before that, I will be leaving briefly to get my hair cut. Other than that, I should be home most of the day. I have a Madden league draft in 15 minutes, but after that, I'm good to go.

Opponents:

Washington
Atlanta
Phoenix
Dallas
Portland

I just played my first league game... well, first online game, period. Phoenix, Washington, and Atlanta all contacted me earlier, but I was doing the Madden draft and sorting out post-draft affairs. I should be playing at least one of the two- Washington or Atlanta- or possibly both this afternoon.

In the Suns @ Bulls game, Steve Nash led the Suns but turned the ball over 6 times while 3 Bulls scored in double figures to lead Chicago to the victory. After Chicago accumulated a 10 point halftime lead, Phoenix cut it to 5 or 6 in the 3rd before a 12-3 run put the Bulls in the driver's seat for good.

Chicago Bulls 53, Phoenix Suns 38

Like I said on XBL, good game, urmomlikesme. That was really fun. I definitely noticed that slight delay in button press to action. It caused me to make a couple bad passes and turn the ball over once or twice, plus it makes free throws a bitch. not that I've learned everyone's free throw motions after only playing 10 games, and maybe 5 as these Bulls, heh. I guess we all have to get used to such things.

I've been kicked from all my leagues for some reason :(

Edit: told eddy and he sent me another invite and im back in.

I think the glitch in the game is if one league is closed you get kicked from all leagues. I was in another league with a friend and he closed it and that's when I get kicked from this league. But all is good now

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back