CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

[quote name='Deuce20602']Naso, i got u onthe schedule too, will u be available around 5:30 or 6?[/QUOTE]

I'm online right now! 5:38pm

deuce, naso, venom, doomtime, and calinks: I will be unavailable Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll be on, as usual, 8:45-10:30 eastern any other day (including today). Lets get some of these set up. Thanks.

[quote name='hostyl1']deuce, naso, venom, doomtime, and calinks: I will be unavailable Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll be on, as usual, 8:45-10:30 eastern any other day (including today). Lets get some of these set up. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i'll be on all night tonight so just shoot me a XBL message when ur on.

timberwolves, bulls, wizards, hawks, suns....i've added you all as friends...i'm online now until 11:30pm...Please get on so we can get some games done:)

Right now being 8:20 PM Est

CAG name Augmog; gamertag Mog3526
I'm trying to join this league whenever a team is available.

Ok. Tonight I am looking to get in some games. Usually I have a schedule of games I play between roughly 11:30-2:00AM but tonight around 9:30 central I will try and get on and get a couple of games in.

Mog, i've sent u an invite... you'll be taking over the Mavericks.

MikeBike, ur added to the waiting list. If i can ever get in touch with the original admin and get him to drop out the league, you'll be taking over the Heat.

Let's get these games played people... deadline is thursday!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Deuce20602']Mog, i've sent u an invite... you'll be taking over the Mavericks.

MikeBike, ur added to the waiting list. If i can ever get in touch with the original admin and get him to drop out the league, you'll be taking over the Heat.

Let's get these games played people... deadline is thursday!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Hows it looking for me to get in?

I'll be able to play possibly Sunday afternoon, but definitely Monday afternoon (Pacific time) and then Wednesday and Thursday anytime. I'm the Bulls; gamertag X Matt Young X.

Matt and n8rockerasu, i can play anytime today, tomorrow(pretty much all day), and anytime after 7pm est monday-friday.

N8rockers, i hope to catch you tonight!
matt, i'll try to catch you tomorrow?

Anyone need to play the Jazz? I am avaliable right now and will be avaliable tomorrow before 1pm eastern and after 9pm eastern.

[quote name='Zurezo']Hows it looking for me to get in?[/QUOTE]

I actually forgot that you were waiting so I'm gonna have to give u dallas and I'm waiting for eddie to drop himself since I can't boot him and mog will get miami when that happens.

pandabot... looks like you'll have to wait for someone to drop out

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Anyone need to play the Jazz? I am avaliable right now and will be avaliable tomorrow before 1pm eastern and after 9pm eastern.[/QUOTE]

I need to play you. If your available later tonight or early tomorrow

Had a great game with siradam. He really made me earn it down the stretch, forcing me to make free throws the last 90 seconds of the game. After some early troubles, fortunately I got my timing down when it counted.

My remaining opponents are as follows: thamaster24, sublime90, y2jrevolution, and the Mavericks. I should be around tomorrow. If not in the afternoon, definitely tomorrow night. I'm usually on late, so look for me if you want to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sent everyone that I play in the 2nd round a friend request on Live. There was only 1 or 2 people that I could not send one to because their friends list was full. I'm good to play anytime today. Anyone that wants to play, please send me a private message on CAG, since I get the alert on my phone instantly, and I'll log on. Thanks

[quote name='Deuce20602']I actually forgot that you were waiting so I'm gonna have to give u dallas and I'm waiting for eddie to drop himself since I can't boot him and mog will get miami when that happens.

pandabot... looks like you'll have to wait for someone to drop out[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.

[quote name='siradam134']Matt and n8rockerasu, i can play anytime today, tomorrow(pretty much all day), and anytime after 7pm est monday-friday.

N8rockers, i hope to catch you tonight!
matt, i'll try to catch you tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm not sure if I'll be on in between the afternoon NFL games and the Packers game, but if I am on, that will probably be when. Otherwise, like I said, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I'll have time. I can play you at or after the time you listed for weekdays, although I'd like to get in 2-3 games in a day if people are available.

Had another good game tonight, which ironically ended with the exact same score as my last game. This time it was against y2j. His Blazers started out hot, but I was fortunate to stay close and make some big buckets in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The 4th quarter was just a total shootout, but I was able to close it out for the win. My last opponents for Rd 2 are thamaster24, sublime90, and the Mavericks (didn't we find a replacement for them).

One thing I was thinking about that really sucks is some people got free wins against teams that dropped, but now that those owners have been replaced, the rest of us will actually have to play them. I don't know if it would have been any different with flex scheduling (assuming we didn't have deadlines to meet), but it's not the most fair thing in the world that some people were gifted wins. I understand why it needed to be done though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Had another good game tonight, which ironically ended with the exact same score as my last game. This time it was against y2j. His Blazers started out hot, but I was fortunate to stay close and make some big buckets in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The 4th quarter was just a total shootout, but I was able to close it out for the win. My last opponents for Rd 2 are thamaster24, doomtime, and the Mavericks (didn't we find a replacement for them).

One thing I was thinking about that really sucks is some people got free wins against teams that dropped, but now that those owners have been replaced, the rest of us will actually have to play them. I don't know if it would have been any different with flex scheduling (assuming we didn't have deadlines to meet), but it's not the most fair thing in the world that some people were gifted wins. I understand why it needed to be done though.[/QUOTE]
I can play you now if you're still on

[quote name='Doomtime']I can play you now if you're still on[/QUOTE]

My bad, Doomtime. I think I got you mixed up with sublime. It must be in part because your names rhyme and part because I'm an idiot, lol. Yeah, I'll be editing my posts now to give the illusion that I know what I'm talking about. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']One thing I was thinking about that really sucks is some people got free wins against teams that dropped, but now that those owners have been replaced, the rest of us will actually have to play them. I don't know if it would have been any different with flex scheduling (assuming we didn't have deadlines to meet), but it's not the most fair thing in the world that some people were gifted wins. I understand why it needed to be done though.[/QUOTE]

i agree. i thought about it before simming the games but i really wanted to get into rd 2(which is still moving slower than i'd like) since we had been round 1 forever. i also thought about just scrapping this league and redoing it with the people that are actually active

[quote name='Deuce20602']i agree. i thought about it before simming the games but i really wanted to get into rd 2(which is still moving slower than i'd like) since we had been round 1 forever. i also thought about just scrapping this league and redoing it with the people that are actually active[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't want to restart the league. It would just make everything up to this point feel like a waste of time. Unfortunately, with these kinds of things you just have to grind through it. I think what would help is having solid deadlines. I know you mentioned Thursday...and that seems fair. I just don't really recall when we moved on to round 2. When the league was created, the goal was for everyone to play 2 games per week.

But since we're dealing with groups of 5 here, I think having a round due every 2 weeks is fair. No more, no less. At least if you give people hard deadlines, they have no one to blame but themselves if the games don't get played. But you can't expect people to finish a round per week either. That's just as unreasonable. Just keep fair deadlines and hold the league to them.

I'm pretty sure deuce alloted 10 days for the 2nd round. I dont find that unreasonable as it's a game every other day. Perhaps 14 would be better, but I wont complain either way.

Naso, venom, calinks, we need to get our games in. Will be on tonight at the regular hours 8:45-10:30 est. PM me here if you dont see me on XBL.

so yall want two weeks to play 5 games? i felt 10 days was pushing it but i want everyone to be able to play their games. so the deadline for round 2 is monday and it will be the same for round 3. the deadline will probably change when we get to the playoffs but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

Get those games played!!!

I think 10 days is plenty...i've gotten 4 games played in 5 days....i dont think 10 days is anywhere unreasonable for 5 ga,es

[quote name='Deuce20602']so yall want two weeks to play 5 games? i felt 10 days was pushing it but i want everyone to be able to play their games. so the deadline for round 2 is monday and it will be the same for round 3. the deadline will probably change when we get to the playoffs but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

Get those games played!!![/QUOTE]

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, for THIS season where we're just trying to get through it, 10 days for 5 games is fine. I don't know how smart it is to pick up replacement players this far into the season though. For instance, the Mavs are 0-5...but the Heat are 1-9. It seems you already simmed their games for round 2, which I thought was odd since we haven't even gotten to the deadline yet.

By that logic, the Mavs round 2 games should be simmed as well, so people can be gifted wins equally. Then, that leaves people taking over two teams with no shot at making the playoffs, with only 5 games left to play. In all honesty, it would probably be smartest to just leave dropped teams abandoned, try to finish the season quickly, and reorganize the league with more dedicated players and a better system next season.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']By that logic, the Mavs round 2 games should be simmed as well, so people can be gifted wins equally. Then, that leaves people taking over two teams with no shot at making the playoffs, with only 5 games left to play. In all honesty, it would probably be smartest to just leave dropped teams abandoned, try to finish the season quickly, and reorganize the league with more dedicated players and a better system next season.[/QUOTE]

thats a good point. I simmed the games for rd 2 but they can be reset. i figured whoever was taking over the Mavs could (in theory) come in and win every game they play and that would actually give them a chance at the playoffs. I say if we can be done with this league by the end of the month, then it would make sense to just leave the Mavs and Heat vacant and keep rolling.

I'll be available for a little while this afternoon. I'm the Bulls. I need to play the following people/teams:

Detroit Pistons (sublime90)
Orlando Magic (feroci0us1)
Memphis Grizzlies (MemphisMusicMan)
Los Angeles Lakers (guyver2077)

I have feroci0us1 and guyver on my friend list.

[quote name='Deuce20602']thats a good point. I simmed the games for rd 2 but they can be reset. i figured whoever was taking over the Mavs could (in theory) come in and win every game they play and that would actually give them a chance at the playoffs. I say if we can be done with this league by the end of the month, then it would make sense to just leave the Mavs and Heat vacant and keep rolling.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Finishing this league as soon as we can, and then reorganizing for next season makes the most sense. I'm really not even sure if I'll be able to play next season, because I'm moving in mid-December. But at least finishing this season will give everyone an idea of who's legitimately interested in being in the league.

I'm also available tonight if either the Pistons or the Grizzlies can play. If you don't see me on Live, just respond to this thread, or PM me, and I'll hop on as soon as I see it.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll be available for a little while this afternoon. I'm the Bulls. I need to play the following people/teams:

I have feroci0us1 and guyver on my friend list.[/QUOTE]

I heard nothing from any of my opponents. If you guys can play this afternoon (Pacific), I'll be free. Tonight, I have (hopefully) a Madden league game plus CAG hockey night. Again, I am free tomorrow and Thursday.

Same here. No word from sublime90 or MemphisMusicMan. I won't be able to play NBA tonight, but probably tomorrow if either of you see this and have a time in mind. Let me know.

lol, you've heard plenty from me matt, you know my availabilty, and i know yours. Let's play tonight either between 7pm-8pm or 9pm-12am. Or tomorrow Between 7pm-12am... all EST... not like i'm hard to get ahold of, CAG PM''s come straight to my blackberry.

[quote name='Matt Young']I heard nothing from any of my opponents. If you guys can play this afternoon (Pacific), I'll be free. Tonight, I have (hopefully) a Madden league game plus CAG hockey night. Again, I am free tomorrow and Thursday.[/QUOTE]

lol, you've heard plenty from me matt, you know my availabilty, and i know yours. Let's play tonight either between 7pm-8pm or 9pm-12am. Or tomorrow Between 7pm-12am... all EST... not like i'm hard to get ahold of, CAG PM's come straight to my blackberry.

Just got one more I need done vs the bucks. Any time you are avaliable? I sent you an xbl message.

[quote name='venom']Just got one more I need done vs the bucks. Any time you are avaliable? I sent you an xbl message.[/QUOTE]

Available the same time as always: 8:45-10:30pm eastern. When are *you* gonna be on?

[quote name='siradam134']lol, you've heard plenty from me matt, you know my availabilty, and i know yours. Let's play tonight either between 7pm-8pm or 9pm-12am. Or tomorrow Between 7pm-12am... all EST... not like i'm hard to get ahold of, CAG PM's come straight to my blackberry.[/QUOTE]

I said I hadn't heard from anyone since I posted about when I'd be available. I had not gotten responses from anyone to these two posts:

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah. I'm not sure if I'll be on in between the afternoon NFL games and the Packers game, but if I am on, that will probably be when. Otherwise, like I said, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, I'll have time. I can play you at or after the time you listed for weekdays, although I'd like to get in 2-3 games in a day if people are available.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll be available for a little while this afternoon. I'm the Bulls. I need to play the following people/teams:

I have feroci0us1 and guyver on my friend list.[/QUOTE]

As I said before, I can't play tonight, but I can play tomorrow since you said you'd be available then.

[quote name='Matt Young']I said I hadn't heard from anyone since I posted about when I'd be available. I had not gotten responses from anyone to these two posts:
As I said before, I can't play tonight, but I can play tomorrow since you said you'd be available then.[/QUOTE]

Gah. Whatever works. See you then. Hopefully.

bread's done
Back