CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

[quote name='Matt Young']What do you mean hopefully? I don't understand what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

There's no problem. Never Has been a Problem. Dont know where you got that;) I just HOPE to see you on tomorrow. Like I hoped to see you on sunday and monday...But our schedules obviously didn't mesh. I'm sure you'll be on, and we'll get our game done. I just Hope we can get it done, that is all:)

[quote name='siradam134']There's no problem. Never Has been a Problem. Dont know where you got that;) I just HOPE to see you on tomorrow. Like I hoped to see you on sunday and monday...But our schedules obviously didn't mesh. I'm sure you'll be on, and we'll get our game done. I just Hope we can get it done, that is all:)[/QUOTE]

Well, I said I didn't know if I'd even be on Sunday, and when I posted asking about playing yesterday, you never responded. So, wanna set a time for tomorrow?

Hey, I know my skills in the game are 'limited' and I dont really expect upcoming opponents to 'help' me, but I just have a question. Is anyone else finding that the 'contextual' passing absolutely sucks? Now I havent played a basketball game with any regular frequency since NBA Live 95, but, back then, you could press the stick towards a guy and press the pass button and it would go to the man in that direction. Here, I'm finding that even if I hold the stick towards a man two feet away, the computer thinks I want to throw a cross court pass. It's like I cant complete the pass I want to unless I use the icons.

Is this a common feeling among other players or is my experience unique?

I'd like to be put on the waiting list and please note to PM me if my turn comes up to join. I'd prefer to play as the Pacers, FWIW.

[quote name='hostyl1']Hey, I know my skills in the game are 'limited' and I dont really expect upcoming opponents to 'help' me, but I just have a question. Is anyone else finding that the 'contextual' passing absolutely sucks? Now I havent played a basketball game with any regular frequency since NBA Live 95, but, back then, you could press the stick towards a guy and press the pass button and it would go to the man in that direction. Here, I'm finding that even if I hold the stick towards a man two feet away, the computer thinks I want to throw a cross court pass. It's like I cant complete the pass I want to unless I use the icons.

Is this a common feeling among other players or is my experience unique?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, icon passing is about 100x better than contextual. The only thing I don't like about it is if a shot opens up, I have to turn it back off before I'm able to shoot.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I'd like to be put on the waiting list and please note to PM me if my turn comes up to join. I'd prefer to play as the Pacers, FWIW.[/QUOTE]

added to the waiting list... what might end up happening is we'll finish the current league and i'll start up a new one because this one hasn't been running as smoothly as it coulda been. so having a few people on the waiting list should help us balance the league and fill spots for people who alreadyleft or who wont be playing in the next one.

Sorry guys my schedule has been crazy the past couple of days, if you need to play the Grizzlies send me a msg on here or just say a time you would like to play below. The rest of this week til Saturday I should be able to play really anytime.

[quote name='thamaster24']Sorry guys my schedule has been crazy the past couple of days, if you need to play the Grizzlies send me a msg on here or just say a time you would like to play below. The rest of this week til Saturday I should be able to play really anytime.[/QUOTE]

I need to play you. Still, you're only the second of four opponents to even say anything, which is discouraging. I'm playing a Madden league game at 3:30 P.M. Pacific, and hopefully playing Adam/Orlando right after. So you'll be available this evening, then?

As yet another reminder, my other 2 opponents who I have not heard from are as follows:

Detroit Pistons (sublime90)
Los Angeles Lakers (guyver2077)

[quote name='Deuce20602']added to the waiting list... what might end up happening is we'll finish the current league and i'll start up a new one because this one hasn't been running as smoothly as it coulda been. so having a few people on the waiting list should help us balance the league and fill spots for people who alreadyleft or who wont be playing in the next one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

About to play Magic right now. Lakers said he'd be on tonight, but didn't responded when I asked when. I have not heard from Memphis or Detroit. I sent out PM's earlier.

Deuce, we may have a problem with a certain user.

I just played what was a really good game with Adam/Orlando, until the 3rd quarter. With a couple minutes left in the 3rd, I was up by 12-15, when he just started launching shots from 3/4 of the way down the court. He did that for a while, seriously slowing the game down due to all the whistles. Then he'd move away his defense every time I had the ball. After several uncontested shots, I tried holding onto the ball. He kept intentionally fouling me.

I don't know what this guy's deal is... he just lectured me in the Madden thread after making several comments recently about my posts, and then he pulled this and ignored my numerous messages and party invites. He simply put in Madden 11, went to "appear offline", and ignored me. Worst example of sportsmanship I've ever seen in a CAG league.

Chicago Bulls 74, Orlando Magic 33

I still have not gotten a response from Detroit or Memphis. Guyver (LA) is on right now but hasn't messaged me, so I'm going to see if he can play.

without causing a fuss..

Deuce, if you have questions. feel free to contact me. If not, so be it;)

i'll leave the league if it's required of me.

Well, why do you refuse to explain it to me? So you can lie and I can't call you out on it? I'm just really surprised and disappointed, even with your recent attitude, that you would pull such a bitch move.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, why do you refuse to explain it to me? So you can lie and I can't call you out on it? I'm just really surprised and disappointed, even with your recent attitude, that you would pull such a bitch move.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing to "lie" about..but thanks for making the assumption that i would.

Matt played a completely fair game and good game. I got owned. What's there to lie about? Anyways...Up until this game i've been a model player. But.. Everyone goes crazy sometimes.

Goodnight!

p.s. Thanks for the name calling. Wasn't someone just talking about sportsmanship? I got my ass kicked, and handed you a game...and this is bad sportsmanship? We differ in opinion.

What would you have me assume, then, when you did what you did and then said you'd explain to Deuce and not to me?

You didn't hand me anything. I was up by a large margin, and you prolonged the game. It was still close enough that you could have made a run, theoretically... for example, in my next game, guyver built up a double digit lead in the 3rd, but I kept actually playing the game and cut the deficit to 6 or so. I still lost, and by double digits, but I didn't make my opponent suffer by throwing the ball 75% of the way down the floor and fouling constantly.

Not sure what you're trying to prove, but regardless of what you think about me personally or my outspoken nature in the Madden league thread, I've never griefed someone in an actual game.

Anyway, Deuce- I got all my games in except for the 2 guys who never responded. Detroit is on XBL silver now, as I said, and Memphis hasn't been on for hours.

[quote name='Matt Young']but I didn't make my opponent suffer by throwing the ball 75% of the way down the floor and fouling constantly.
[/QUOTE]

4 Fouls in the final quarter. Fouling constantly? Granted, they were unnecessary. agreed. but i wasn't fouling you constantly.

[quote name='Matt Young']Anyway, Deuce- I got all my games in except for the 2 guys who never responded. Detroit is on XBL silver now, as I said, and Memphis hasn't been on for hours.[/QUOTE]

i'll see what i can do about getting Memphis to respond...

[quote name='Matt Young']Detroit is on XBL silver now, as I said, and Memphis hasn't been on for hours.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Detroit's been using 48 hour trial cards? That could be the reason for showing up Silver. I haven't heard anything from him either though. And the Memphis guy posted in here yesterday didn't he? I've been busy today (moving in 1 month!), so I haven't had a chance to try getting in touch with him, but didn't he tell you to PM him? Maybe something came up, but that would be weird to not answer those after directly telling you to do it.

As for your problem with Orlando, I'd just let it go. He admitted to being a bit of a poor loser. It's not like he's really defending his actions, just saying he had a bad night. In the end, you got a dominant victory and just got to coast in the 2nd half. I guess he could have just quit out of the game, but some people are offended by that too. You got the win. Just let the rest go.

Not hearing from Memphis as I was not able to play all day, literally any time tomorrow or friday except from 2-315 pm Central Time. We had no time set in stone, no problem man.

I say we set it up for 4, 5, 6, 7 anytime I will be able for sure tomorrow.

yeah my xbox live just recently went silver but i still have some 48hr trial codes. i might be able to play tonight after work if your on. if not, tomorrow and the weekend wont be a problem at all.

Nate, the thing with Adam/Orlando wouldn't have been as big a deal if not for his recent words, and I kept at it because I didn't and don't believe he was being the slightest bit sincere, but I guess I should know what to expect from certain types of people by now. I never learn.

As for MemphisMusicMan and sublime, yes, I did PM both of them and didn't hear back. To both you guys- I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus or anything; just wanted to make sure you guys and Deuce all knew I was doing my best to get in touch so everyone would be abreast of the situation.

Last I heard, the deadline was today, which is why I've been so anxious to get the games done. If we have time before the deadline to get the games in, that would be great. Sublime, what time do you get off work?

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Just wondering. I don't see myself on the waiting list. Don't want to be a bother, but I'm interested.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the OP, Deuce is running the league now and can't edit the topic.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']anyone need to play the suns? ill be available after about 5pm central. Just shoot me a PM[/QUOTE]

I was on the site, so I checked which games you still have left:

Dallas
Portland
Detroit

I have no idea who the new Dallas owner is, but Detroit posted in here and Portland was easy for me to get in touch with via PM.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Just wondering. I don't see myself on the waiting list. Don't want to be a bother, but I'm interested.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as Matt, said, the creator of this thread is no longer running the league (or even participating as far as I'm aware). Also, I don't think anybody has the Pacers in the league do they? You can't be added as a team not already in the league anyway. Furthermore, I think it was decided that mid-season replacements aren't going to be added. We're basically 2/3's through the season and are just trying to finish this one so a fresh league with Deuce running the OP, dedicated players in the league (in which you COULD choose the Pacers), and a better scheduling system can be created.

[quote name='thamaster24']Not hearing from Memphis as I was not able to play all day, literally any time tomorrow or friday except from 2-315 pm Central Time. We had no time set in stone, no problem man.

I say we set it up for 4, 5, 6, 7 anytime I will be able for sure tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

If you can play tonight at 7 PM EST, that would work for me. Let me know. I'd really like to get this game in.

[quote name='sublime90']yeah my xbox live just recently went silver but i still have some 48hr trial codes. i might be able to play tonight after work if your on. if not, tomorrow and the weekend wont be a problem at all.[/QUOTE]

I could play tonight...even if it's late, like 10 PM EST - 12 AM EST, so let me know. I'll be busy tomorrow though...but I'm not sure what Deuce decided on the deadline anyway. We do need to move on to round 3 and I haven't seen many more games get scheduled anyway. It's mostly just people going "if you want to play me, come find me".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']If you can play tonight at 7 PM EST, that would work for me. Let me know. I'd really like to get this game in.
[/QUOTE]

Would an hr later work? 7 central 8 eastern. I may be back by 7 your time but I dont wanna run a little late and have you waiting on me.

[quote name='Matt Young']Can you play me after you play him, then?[/QUOTE]

Sure man, I'll be able to be on the rest of the night pretty much so I'll send you a msg right after if I see you on or on this thread.

Looking to play my remaining round 2 games tonight is possible. I have Suns, Wizards, and Mavs remaining. Send me a private message on CAG when any of you are ready to play, that way I get it instantly on my phone and I'll log on. I'll be free from now until midnight or so central time.

[quote name='thamaster24']Would an hr later work? 7 central 8 eastern. I may be back by 7 your time but I dont wanna run a little late and have you waiting on me.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Yesterday, you suggested 4, 5, 6, 7...so I just picked a time. Depends what my wife wants to do tonight. If not then, I should be on after she goes to bed at 11 PM EST...but I'll only be on an hour or two cause I've gotta get up early tomorrow.

I was able to play N8 (Great game, i got lucky) but I have to leave for about an hr, I will be on the rest of the night after that Matt. Sorry if you can't make the time a little later, if you can't duece can give you the win. Just sent you an fr, I will be back by 7:50 central time or 8:50 eastern.

Yeah, I got on and accepted your friend request and it said you had been offline for 2 minutes. We can play when you get back if it's only going to be an hour. Not sure when sublime90/Detroit is supposed to be home from work. He hasn't been on CAG since this morning. Hopefully, he will be available soon.

I turned off the Xbox after wearing my arm out on Rock Band 3. I'll check back in a bit to see if anyone's responded.

EDIT: Checking in 1 hour later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I'm done with games for the night. I'll be available tomorrow afternoon (Pacific) once again. Hope everything is okay with MemphisMusicMan.

Just got back man, I apologize I couldn't get back until literally right now. Go ahead and give Matt the win Duece.

My schedule right now is hell, in less than a week I'll have all the free time in the world.

[quote name='Deuce20602']so yall want two weeks to play 5 games? i felt 10 days was pushing it but i want everyone to be able to play their games. so the deadline for round 2 is monday and it will be the same for round 3. the deadline will probably change when we get to the playoffs but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...

Get those games played!!![/QUOTE]

Deuce said the deadline is Monday, not yesterday (Thursday). So Naso and calinks we can still get our games in. My regular times (repeated ad nauseum) are 8:45-10:30pm eastern. If that doesnt work, please offer an alternative.

[quote name='thamaster24']Just got back man, I apologize I couldn't get back until literally right now. Go ahead and give Matt the win Duece.

My schedule right now is hell, in less than a week I'll have all the free time in the world.[/QUOTE]

I understand how that kind of stuff can go. At least you're letting me know what's up.

Not sure where the Thursday deadline came from, but I could have sworn that was it. I wasn't sure since Deuce hasn't been posting in this thread for a couple days. But like I said, I'll be available this afternoon. Weekend plans are uncertain as of now, but since I've been sick, I probably won't go out much unless things change. Hopefully, I can get in my games with both Memphis and Detroit.

[quote name='Matt Young']I understand how that kind of stuff can go. At least you're letting me know what's up.

Not sure where the Thursday deadline came from, but I could have sworn that was it. I wasn't sure since Deuce hasn't been posting in this thread for a couple days. But like I said, I'll be available this afternoon. Weekend plans are uncertain as of now, but since I've been sick, I probably won't go out much unless things change. Hopefully, I can get in my games with both Memphis and Detroit.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha man, again sorry, just give me a time you can play. Other than Sunday night I shouldn't have anything so if you can this weekend just let me know.

[quote name='hostyl1']Deuce said the deadline is Monday, not yesterday (Thursday). So Naso and calinks we can still get our games in. My regular times (repeated ad nauseum) are 8:45-10:30pm eastern. If that doesnt work, please offer an alternative.[/QUOTE]

Can you play tonight between 6-7 central or later around 12 AM central? If not then tomorrow at 7:45 central is doable.

[quote name='Calinks']Can you play tonight between 6-7 central or later around 12 AM central? If not then tomorrow at 7:45 central is doable.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, was at a kid's (two kids actually) birthday party so didnt see you till now. 1am is going to be *way* too late for this old man (unless something drastic happens in the next few hours). I'll pencil you in for tomorrow 8:45pE/7:45pC.

if anybody is looking to play me just shoot me a PM on xbox live Im on Call of Duty everyday and i don't mind taking a break for a league game. I am the Wizards by the way.

tomorrow is the deadline for RD 2... any games being simmed(outside of Dallas and Miami games) will be done randomly unless it's a case where one person has been unresponsive and invisible. If you've had any issues with scheduling a game against a particular team, PM me and we'll figure it out.

What time are you simmng? I will try and find the other two guys before then, we haven't been able to hook up.

Just had a great game with hostyl1. I am really tired of every game going down to the wire though.

bread's done
Back