CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

[quote name='siradam134']Alright, it's been 5 days since i first sent a message to the following with no response from either:

@Detroit-sublime90
Memphis-MemphisMusicMan

I'm available Mon-Fri from 7pm-12am Est, Weekends i'm open all day on sat and sunday.

Please Reply to my message.... Let's schedule something! anything...please :)[/QUOTE]

What time would be good for you tonite? Other wise I say pick a time from 7-12 Tues.

I'll be available all day to play. Just send me a PM on here and Ill get on fast. The messages go to my phone. I've already messages some of my opponents on live

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I'll be available all day to play. Just send me a PM on here and Ill get on fast. The messages go to my phone. I've already messages some of my opponents on live[/QUOTE]

Well I ended up having to step out for a little bit. If you're not available Tues, I shouldn't have to do anything the rest of the week. Let me know what day and time would be best for you.

Probably not going to be back to my place til very late tonite.

[quote name='thamaster24']Well I ended up having to step out for a little bit. If you're not available Tues, I shouldn't have to do anything the rest of the week. Let me know what day and time would be best for you.

Probably not going to be back to my place til very late tonite.[/QUOTE]

I'll be available Tuesday. Anytime after 5 pm central. Just PM on here if I'm not already on live

[quote name='HurleyHurricane']Can I be put on the waiting list.[/QUOTE]

sure.... i think ur #5 on the list. Since we're about to go into the playoffs, the five of you will be given invitations to the new season. I hope to have This season wrapped up no later than christmas

HurleyHurricane? They keep coming, bah gawd! ;) Hello.

Deuce, you mean playoffs, right? The regular season should be done much sooner. We might be able to finish before the end of November if people's holiday plans allow for it. Personally, I only have 2 games left, and one is being played this afternoon.

[quote name='Matt Young']HurleyHurricane? They keep coming, bah gawd! ;) Hello.

Deuce, you mean playoffs, right? The regular season should be done much sooner. We might be able to finish before the end of November if people's holiday plans allow for it. Personally, I only have 2 games left, and one is being played this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Matt. I think he meant for the entire league to be finished by Christmas. He had previously stated that round 3 was due by Thanksgiving. That's why I'm trying to get my last game scheduled for tonight because I'll be spending Thanksgiving in Nashville, starting tomorrow.

Speaking of, Guyver, if you see this, playing after 10 PM EST tonight is fine. Just name a time and I'll be there. I should be available until about 2 AM EST.

[quote name='siradam134']tuesday is fine. let's schedule for sometime between 7 and 12. what time would you prefer?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I'll be available Tuesday. Anytime after 5 pm central. Just PM on here if I'm not already on live[/QUOTE]

I will be online by 7 so whoever i msg or is on first I will play first, sound ok?

Mr. Grand Cru, have you returned to the land of the civilized? (i.e. your net access is back). I'd really like to get it in tonight as tomorrow nite on I'll be AFK.

I have only received one reply to finish my round. I am available after 8pm. Just post or send me a message. I want to get these done tonight or tomorrow.

well, i'm scheduled with memphis... sublime90/Detroit...WHERE are you?

(hasn't been on xbox in 3 days)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow dude seriously.. i just had a horrible freakin day and got online because i said I would play you.. and then you run this lil kid bullshit

I have to freaking wake up early for work and other shit and your prolonging the shit out of this game.. i think im done with this league.

Freaking intentionally fouling and time outs for no reason.. Man i have gotten my ass wooped before dirty but i dont do this stupiity

Guyver's probably going to come in here bitching, but I don't care. If you run a full court press up by 15 in the 4th quarter, you can lick my nuts. I don't have a problem losing, but if you're just going to try to run the score up, don't get mad at me when I decide to waste your time.

EDIT - oh, he beat me here, that's nice. Again, I don't care. We all have problems. Close out the game like a decent person and I would have given you props for kicking my ass. If you want to run a full court press with the best team in the game when you're up 15, you're a frontrunner douchebag.

I was playing a damn normal game.. Its not like I pressed the entire freakin game..I tend to go back and forth from defenses..Am i supposed to stop playing hard because im up by 15?

this is some pussy shit

[quote name='guyver2077']I was playing a damn normal game.. Its not like I pressed the entire freakin game..I tend to go back and forth from defenses..Am i supposed to stop playing hard because im up by 15?

this is some pussy shit[/QUOTE]

Wow, so not running a full court press when you're up by 15 in the 4th quarter means you've "stopped playing"? Go read the OP of the thread. Explain to me how a full court press is necessary in that situation. Nobody does that.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, so not running a full court press when you're up by 15 means that you've "stopped playing"? Go read the OP of the thread. Explain to me how a full court press is necessary in that situation. Nobody does that.[/QUOTE]

I did read the OP and I definitely was not excessively full court pressing..

seriously dude there was no need for that. it was a competitive game till you threw in the towel.

Thought it was just bull shit but I seriously cant believe there was people who intentionally foul, call excessive timeout,hail mary 3 pointers..anything to extend the game. What a horrible freakin experience

[quote name='guyver2077']I did read the OP and I definitely was not excessively full court pressing..

seriously dude there was no need for that. it was a competitive game till you threw in the towel.

Thought it was just bull shit but I seriously cant believe there was people who intentionally foul, call excessive timeout,hail mary 3 pointers..anything to extend the game. What a horrible freakin experience[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was meant to be. Seriously, how can you be upset about any of it when you chose to play aggressively in the 4th quarter up by 15? I'm not saying stop playing, but surely there's no need to full court press and try to steal the ball. No coach would ever do that. If there are no expectations to not play like an ass, there shouldn't be any to not play like a douche. 2 way street.

[quote name='guyver2077']I was playing a damn normal game.. Its not like I pressed the entire freakin game..I tend to go back and forth from defenses..Am i supposed to stop playing hard because im up by 15?

this is some pussy shit[/QUOTE]

if you're up 15.. doesnt matter what qtr it is... u dont full court press because it tires out your players and it is actually easier for hte other team to get back in the game once they figure out how to break the press... no coach in the world would continue a full court press in the fourth with a 15 point lead unless the other team is shooting lights out from 3. That is a bit uncalled for.

The retaliation was a bit childish. Hopepfully, none of this nonsense carries over into the next season or i will be forced to kick people out

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yes, it was meant to be. Seriously, how can you be upset about any of it when you chose to play aggressively in the 4th quarter up by 15? If there are no expectations to not play like an ass, there shouldn't be any to not play like a douche. 2 way street.[/QUOTE]

There really is no need to continue arguing as it will resolve nothing..I'm a douche for calling a full court press with a 15 point lead.. w.e you say

[quote name='Deuce20602']if you're up 15.. doesnt matter what qtr it is... u dont full court press because it tires out your players and it is actually easier for hte other team to get back in the game once they figure out how to break the press... no coach in the world would continue a full court press in the fourth with a 15 point lead unless the other team is shooting lights out from 3. That is a bit uncalled for.

The retaliation was a bit childish. Hopepfully, none of this nonsense carries over into the next season or i will be forced to kick people out[/QUOTE]

Trust me the flow of the game was normal pased... nothing exteme or anything was done to warrant the childish behavior in this last game. No "constant" full court press as stated in OP. I switched between defenses all game.

[quote name='Deuce20602']The retaliation was a bit childish. Hopepfully, none of this nonsense carries over into the next season or i will be forced to kick people out[/QUOTE]

The retaliation was just to prove a point. As I said, if there is no expectation for the winning team to not be an asshole and try to run up the score, then there shouldn't be any for the losing team to lose graciously and just take the beating. Just play a solid half court defense, keep me from scoring, and continue scoring/work the clock when you have the ball. I'm sorry but it pissed me off even more to have a guy using the Lakers do this to me. Like you don't have enough of an advantage?

I'll admit the full court press wasn't constant (though it was constant in the 1st quarter...but I don't have a problem with that). But no coach would call for it when you're up by 15 at the end of the game. It's a dick thing to do. I don't know how you could argue that.

Its a freaking video game.. I wasnt trying to run up the score. I was just playing the game with no bad intentions.

Anyways. w.e case closed

[quote name='guyver2077']Its a freaking video game.. I wasnt trying to run up the score. I was just playing the game with no bad intentions.

Anyways. w.e case closed[/QUOTE]

Its a freaking video game... I wasnt trying to waste your time. I was just screwing around and entertaining myself.

See. Works both ways. Hope you had fun. :)

Well I was on for a little bit and sent messages out but its really no big deal. I haven't been on in a while. Just drop me from this league, don't really have enough time right now.

Gentlemen,

We are officially in the playoffs. To those who arent in the playoffs, PM me or XBL message me letting me know if you want in on season 2.

The matchups are as follows:

Washington (Mr Grand Cru) vs Atlanta (n8rocker)

Minnesota (Calinks) @ Sacramento (Doomtime)

Oklahoma City (deuce20602) vs Portland (Y2J)

Chicago (Matt Young) @ Boston (AntiVenom360)

Good luck to all 8 teams...

Ah Yes the Chicago Bulls and Celtics will meet in the Playoffs once again. It'll be an interesting series. Btw I'm definitely in for Season II.

On another note what is wrong with the End of the Year Awards? It shows almost every award going to a Bucks Player as well as the NBA Defensive Teams and such as well.

[quote name='venom']Ah Yes the Chicago Bulls and Celtics will meet in the Playoffs once again. It'll be an interesting series. Btw I'm definitely in for Season II.

On another note what is wrong with the End of the Year Awards? It shows almost every award going to a Bucks Player as well as the NBA Defensive Teams and such as well.[/QUOTE]

Fear the Deer

[quote name='venom']Ah Yes the Chicago Bulls and Celtics will meet in the Playoffs once again. It'll be an interesting series. Btw I'm definitely in for Season II.

On another note what is wrong with the End of the Year Awards? It shows almost every award going to a Bucks Player as well as the NBA Defensive Teams and such as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're usually better than me at sports games in general, but we manage to have great games half the time, when you're not kicking my ass. :p My game with you in this league was close till the last few minutes when you went on a run, while Cru (who I had been expecting to play if I made the playoffs) pretty much held the advantage the entire game.

When can you play? I'm busy today, but should have plenty of time to play tomorrow and Monday.

[quote name='Deuce20602']Y2J... when will you be able to play?[/QUOTE]

I can play pretty much anytime tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Just PM me on here since I get the message on my phone instantly. I'll log on as soon as I receive your message. Let's say tomorrow anytime from 11am-2pm central time?

that works. I've got some running around to do in the early morning but I should be back by 11. maybe we can get the while series done

[quote name='Deuce20602']that works. I've got some running around to do in the early morning but I should be back by 11. maybe we can get the while series done[/QUOTE]

I should be able to get a game or two in tonight if you get this message. Again, just PM me and I'll log on. I sent you a friend request as well.

[quote name='hostyl1']@urmomlikesme: I see that you're in another league named "Harold's Chicken". You must be black and from chicago arent you? South side or West side? One of the few things I miss from there is Harold's. Fortunately, I'll be back there next week and Harold's is a must stop.[/QUOTE]

Lol I just seen this. I don't go through the thread that much, I just PM people who I need to play. No, I am not black (although I'm like the one of two pple in that league that isn't :lol:). Yes, I am from the Southwest side of Chicago. Second, I do love me some chicken

Hope to get in Season two and get a better team to actually win some games

[quote name='siradam134']Deuce, I will not be playing in this league during season 2. Hope the playoffs treat you guys well.[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Is there any room left in this league? I just ordered this off amazon for $10.[/QUOTE]

you'll be put on the waiting list for next season. we're in the playoffs right now so we should be done with the first season before christmas.

SPEAKING OF WHICH - let's try to have the first round knocked out by Dec 9... thats 10 days from today.

Venom has to play before then since he's going to be gone for a while after the 8th or 9th, so he and I will have to play by then. I don't even see why it should take that long for any of the series.

[quote name='Deuce20602']you'll be put on the waiting list for next season. we're in the playoffs right now so we should be done with the first season before christmas.

SPEAKING OF WHICH - let's try to have the first round knocked out by Dec 9... thats 10 days from today.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Beware of the Pacers!

[quote name='Matt Young']Venom has to play before then since he's going to be gone for a while after the 8th or 9th, so he and I will have to play by then. I don't even see why it should take that long for any of the series.[/QUOTE]

agreed but u know how it can get... with no deadline, there never seems to be any urgency from the users

I actually thought the series were best of 3 for the first round, and not best of 5. But Venom and I played our first 2 games, and each one was really close. For some reason, I have home court advantage, even though I finished 1 game behind Venom in the standings.

In game 1, I went up 51-47 with a minute left in the game. Boston cut the deficit to 2, and then I somehow missed a rebound that went back to Ray Allen, who tied the game at 51. Derrick Rose scored the game winner with 6 seconds remaining as the Bulls held on for the win.

Game 1: Chicago Bulls 53, Boston Celtics 51

In the second game, I was down 12-2 to start the contest and later went down by as many as 13 points. I fought back, however, and cut the deficit to 51-50 Boston with a minute and a half left, but then both teams missed their next several shots until the Celtics put the game away with a 2 pointer and a free throw.

Game 2: Boston Celtics 54, Chicago Bulls 50

bread's done
Back