CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

Hey hawks owner my bad yesterday I was supposed to get online I had to do something after work yesterday though so I ain't get around to it , you gonna be around today for one or two of our games ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey hawks owner my bad yesterday I was supposed to get online I had to do something after work yesterday though so I ain't get around to it , you gonna be around today for one or two of our games ?[/QUOTE]

At some point tonight, I should be. I'm moving in 9 days, so things are a little crazy around here right now. But I'll probably game for a bit before I go to bed.

Ok is it cool if I pm you my phone number and we can coordinate via text message , that will be the best way in my opinion to coordinate things ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Ok is it cool if I pm you my phone number and we can coordinate via text message , that will be the best way in my opinion to coordinate things ?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't have texting on my phone. I can probably play between 10 PM EST and 2 AM EST. If that doesn't work for you, we'll have to work something else out. I'll keep checking the thread though.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']10 pm is to late this evening for me ? Umm what time works tommorow[/QUOTE]

Well, tomorrow is CAG Hockey from 8 PM to 12 AM. Not sure what I'll have going on before that. Saturday, I've got massive cleaning/packing to do, and I'm showing my apartment. Honestly, you beat the shit out of me when we played earlier in the season. I don't expect these games to go much differently. If we can't find a good time, I'll just forfeit the series. It really doesn't matter to me that much.

The Bulls and Celtics have concluded their series. As usual, we each had our runs and the games were pretty close, but I managed to pull out these 2 victories in Boston and advance.

Game 3: Chicago Bulls 58, Boston Celtics 55

Game 4: Chicago Bulls 53, Boston Celtics 47

Series: Chicago Bulls defeat Boston Celtics 3-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curse the Pain of Defeat! Oh well, I probably wouldn't have been able to play Round 2. Good Luck Matt!

OKC goes down in 5... all close, thrilling games. I think i'm done with NBA 2k11... its just not fun for me like basketball games used to be. I'll turn over admin to whoever's willing and available. Good luck with season 2

[quote name='Deuce20602']OKC goes down in 5... all close, thrilling games. I think i'm done with NBA 2k11... its just not fun for me like basketball games used to be. I'll turn over admin to whoever's willing and available. Good luck with season 2[/QUOTE]

this is why i quit...this years version is missing a certain.. "something"....that last year's had....but i don't know what.

[quote name='siradam134']this is why i quit...this years version is missing a certain.. "something"....that last year's had....but i don't know what.[/QUOTE]

Yea... I realized while playing a very close elimination game that I was more interested in what my dog was trying to get from under the couch than the game so I'm gonna sell or trade in 2k and get some christmas cash lol

Damn. I never owned last year's game, but 2K11 has been my favorite NBA sim at least of this generation, if not ever. That sucks that you're not enjoying it as much. I was looking forward to a season 2, but now I doubt there will be one. I just hope this one finishes since since we've put in a lot of effort.

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn. I never owned last year's game, but 2K11 has been my favorite NBA sim at least of this generation, if not ever. That sucks that you're not enjoying it as much. I was looking forward to a season 2, but now I doubt there will be one. I just hope this one finishes since since we've put in a lot of effort.[/QUOTE]

I had last year's version and returned it a few days later. This year's is a blast, and I was hoping to join for season 2.

There may still be a season 2. I just hope we can finish this one. Deuce has been good since taking over for Eddie, but I'd be pretty pissed if we were unable to finish these playoffs.

Depending on my internet situation after I move, I'd probably be up for running a fantasy league with flex scheduling. I know a lot of people wanted to do that with this league anyway. So, that might be a fun idea...especially with a lot of our NHL 11 guys picking up the game too. If I'm able to, I'd probably start the process around New Year's. Not sure if anyone would be interested in that sort of thing.

So, there won't be a Season 2?

If you don't think they'll be enough people...myself and a friend (part of the CAG Madden League) are in, so add 2!

I'll advance the league when around four when I get home from work.

if I haven't sold my copy of 2k by the time this league is over, I may stick around and just switch teams in the hopes of keeping it interesting for me

Doomtime vs Y2J is the Western Conference Finals matchup...

Mr Grand Cru vs Matt Young is the Eastern Conference Finals matchup...

Personally, i'm pulling for upsets so we dont see a Doomtime-Grand Cru championship matchup again but who knows what's gonna happen. Good luck to all four of you.

Yea, I think 2K11 is the best 2K game in years but after that last patch, everything just felt way off to me. It was really frustrating then for some reason, the other day when I played doomtime it felt better. This I can deal with. Don't know what's going on but if I do a season 2 I got to like the feel of everything. It seemed really wonky to me after the patch, it also doesn't help that they changed the jump shot timing of everybody.

[quote name='Doomtime']Kings advance to Western Conference Finals. Y2J let me know when you're available.[/QUOTE]

I can play most nights. I usually log on around 9-10pm central.

From looking at the league page seems things to have come to a halt after the 13th. From what I've read Deuce maybe selling 2k11 so there may or may not be another season.

I must say compared to Madden leagues, 2k leagues just don't seem to run as smoothly.

Good luck for a season 2!

I'm definitely still up for running a fantasy league for anyone who would like to do that. Still recovering from the holidays, but I should be able to create a thread for it in the next couple days.

I'd like to do another season of a sim/real roster league if at all possible since this one has been so fun and the Bulls are actually good, LOL. If we don't do a second season of this, I'd do fantasy. I don't think I'd have time for another league on top of my current commitments, so I guess it depends on what happens here after we finish.

Hey guys, I haven't purchased an NBA game since the 90's. I want to pick this up, I have probably played the demo 30 times already. Be honest - How is the learning curve to actually become competitive? I am able to handle the demo and score some points, but am wary of the difficulty.

[quote name='pmm317']Hey guys, I haven't purchased an NBA game since the 90's. I want to pick this up, I have probably played the demo 30 times already. Be honest - How is the learning curve to actually become competitive? I am able to handle the demo and score some points, but am wary of the difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Depends who you plan on playing against. If you mean competitive against the CPU, you should have that down in no time (especially considering you can change the difficulty and/or sliders to suit your needs). But if you want to be competitive online, it'll probably take several months of every day playing. The sad fact of online gaming these days is that there are too many "professionals" who don't have lives, get obsessed with one game, and play it all day every day. The same can be said about Call of Duty, Madden, Halo, etc. though. Just the way online is unless you're in a community league like this one.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can hold my own in Madden, but I don't consider myself better then average, and I have played that a lot - at least this years. I just want to be able to play someone when I have the time and at least be competitive. I wouldn't be against league play after I was decent. Thanks for the response.

I know this is a real long shot, but is there any chance we can finish this? I'd like to be able to say we completed one season, both out of simple desire to play as well as to show Seen that we can indeed finish an NBA league.

It's been a month and a half since the last game was played, but that's been more due to circumstance rather than choice. Cru and I got one game of our series played. After that, he was without internet at home for a couple weeks. Then there was Christmas/New Year's, when I had a friend visiting from out of state and had a lot going on otherwise, and I'm sure most everyone was busy as well. Then I just got internet access again after 2 weeks. A series of unfortunate events, indeed. Cru and I had been in communication.

So, we have somewhere between 2-4 games left between myself and Cru, 1-3 left between Doomtime and Portland (Y2J, I think), and then the finals. Is there any chance of this getting completed? I have no expectations; only hopes.

bread's done
Back