CAG's that have disappeared from the radar...

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
Who are some older regular posters that have seemingly disappeared. There is definitely a contingency of regular posters, lifers, that I see around here all the time... but I still feel like there's a bunch of CAG avatars that I haven't seen or heard from in over a year maybe? Lurk-mode... moved on to another site (gasp)... got a girlfriend?

A lot of new posters too.. that's a good thing, though.

[quote name='help1']Sneaky Penguin[/QUOTE]

I thought he still post here...

I haven't seen blue toast for the longest time. He was the one spamming about CAG at gamefaqs.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']I thought he still post here...

I haven't seen blue toast for the longest time. He was the one spamming about CAG at gamefaqs.[/quote]

Its possible. I remember avatars and sigs, not really usernames.

[quote name='help1']Sneaky Penguin[/QUOTE]

He's in the OTT multiple times a week on average. 'Course he has a lot of schoolwork to do, but he's around.

[quote name='Strell']He's in the OTT multiple times a week on average. 'Course he has a lot of schoolwork to do, but he's around.[/quote]
Ahh, that explains it. I dare not enter those.

[quote name='crazytalkx']I haven't seen Punqsux or BigNick in a while[/quote]

Wasn't DragonlordFrodo looking for BigNick...

he heh... memories.

:lol:

Oh yeah....

jaykrue has been gone since August of last year. I seriously wonder if something bad happened to him, because was always posting in the anime thread and giving tips on making money. That was weird.

SaucyJack has been gone too, but he let us know he was taking a sabbatical.

As a former frequent poster turned into a quasi-lurker.. I just started to have little time to game, so it made less sense to come here as often... I check in every so often and post here and there.. but as life's responsibilities start to take over, I guess you move on.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Oh yeah....

jaykrue has been gone since August of last year. I seriously wonder if something bad happened to him, because was always posting in the anime thread and giving tips on making money. That was weird.

SaucyJack has been gone too, but he let us know he was taking a sabbatical.[/quote]

Almost completely forgot about jaykrue, he was always good with dating advice and whatnot.

[quote name='2Fast']Almost completely forgot about jaykrue, he was always good with dating advice and whatnot.[/quote]

Yeah, he was a cool dude. I really do fear the worst though. He was posting regularly right up until 8-18-2006 then poof...nothing.

[quote name='strayfoxx']Fear the worst? Is the CAG community truly so vain where death can be the only explanation for an abrupt absence or departure?[/quote]

Death, jail anything...

It's not a matter of vanity. For a regular poster to just vanish like that, is weird. It'd be one thing if he still checked the board but didn't post. He just disappeared on that day has hasn't visited the site since. His last login was on that day.

Remember mousin? If it wasn't for someone here knowing him personally we would have never known what happened.

jaykrue and vietgurl come to mind. I'm sure there's lots o' others. School, work, SOs, new interests, all would affect that kind of thing. Not much sense in making a thread about this since it's just part of the Intertubes cycle of life...

[quote name='Chris in Cali']There was one guy I remember, he was a big Nintendo fan, I think his name was Pomba or something like that?[/quote]

Pijaibro?

[quote name='help1']Its possible. I remember avatars and sigs, not really usernames.[/quote]

Yo. I just don't use penguins in my avy/sig anymore. I also hate a majority of the userbase, and am quite busy with school and the missus, so I rarely venture out of the OTTs.

I have not seen poomba in awhile either, sucks cause he goes to the same school as me and Suko_32...well I just gradumacated..but ill be back

[quote name='gunm']jaykrue and vietgurl come to mind. I'm sure there's lots o' others. School, work, SOs, new interests, all would affect that kind of thing. Not much sense in making a thread about this since it's just part of the Intertubes cycle of life...[/quote]

I forgot all about vietgurl. She was cool.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']iheartmetal isnt around anymore, man that guy was cool[/quote]
that he was ;). I used to love his puzzle fighter sig and avatar.

unfortunately, as the site grows, it becomes less appealing. I love the good posters, but just take a look at that thread in deal discussions about "what these games are worth" as proof. Lots of next gen bickering too.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I was wondering just today where jPod disappeared to. JefferyRose too.[/quote]

Bantown, next to IPBlockedVille

[quote name='jer7583']unfortunately, as the site grows, it becomes less appealing. I love the good posters, but just take a look at that thread in deal discussions about "what these games are worth" as proof. Lots of next gen bickering too.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that post also now im just waiting for the flood of questions that could be answered by picking up a phone or the most annoying ones "rate my collection"

We all have to fight to not let this become Gamefaqs.com

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
Remember mousin? If it wasn't for someone here knowing him personally we would have never known what happened.[/QUOTE]

yea

R.I.P Mousin.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I forgot all about vietgurl. She was cool.[/QUOTE]

Yes she was.

[quote name='Pookymeister']jPod[/QUOTE]

IP banned,

I guess like Cornfedwb said on the last page just other things come into your life. But I somewhat don't understand that at the same time. Even when I'm really busy I'll stop to check my email, and while doing that I'll check the OT of CAG.

I'm a new one to the site, and I really like it, cool people.. for the most part.. and everyone's really nice to me ! ! ! ! :D:D :) :cool::cool::lol::D:lol:;):D

NintendoFanGirl
boinksmiley.gif

Me and my wife used to post quite a lot way back in the days. I really stopped when I got into FFXI, she stopped when she got more into pokemon forums and such >D

So I'm more of a lurker and stick to the Wii forums...wonder if anyone remember us. Probably just Sneaky, JSweeney, and Mr. Anderson.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Me and my wife used to post quite a lot way back in the days. I really stopped when I got into FFXI, she stopped when she got more into pokemon forums and such >D

So I'm more of a lurker and stick to the Wii forums...wonder if anyone remember us. Probably just Sneaky, JSweeney, and Mr. Anderson.[/quote]

Insanity is a tough thing to forget.

[quote name='Matt Young']Saucy Jack and tauruskatt.

What happened to mousin?[/quote]

Yeah, tauruskatt and DarkeKatt too.

Mousin was murdered.

bread's done
Back