Cal State University Northridge Student gets furious in library!

Assasin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUmWyHPTt8

Quoted from Yahoo News: "This video from the California State University, Northridge campus has ignited controversy across the Internet this morning. In the video, reportedly taken during finals week, a female student loses her temper with her fellow students, accusing them of being disruptive. (Be warned, there are a few choice words whispered during the rant). The unnamed student hushes her schoolmates, telling them, "It's rude. It's disrespectful. OK? It's finals right now." When the other students laugh off her request, she becomes more agitated, saying, "What's wrong with you? What is wrong with all of you?" Then, despite her pleas for silence, she raises her own voice and slams a desk, shouting, "I'm not talking louder than you, am I? Am I talking like this? Can you please just stop talking?"
While many find the scene in the video entertaining, it's also sparked some controversy. As the LA Weekly points out, this is the latest in a series of incidents that have made Asian targets of ridicule for the way others perceive their behavior in university libraries. Of course, most casual YouTube viewers are likely just amused that the student in question lost her temper simply because her fellow students were "breathing loudly" in the library."

[quote name='neocisco']That's an incredible microphone on that device. The clarity on it is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, That is a one fucking good mic for a phone. Nice and clear.

People study in college libraries? You do know that you can generally check out the books and take them home with you right?

[quote name='neocisco']That's an incredible microphone on that device. The clarity on it is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Bet it was all staged with a boom mic. I laugh at the Asian implications; that's just how anyone would react regardless of race.

Either she's practicing her improv or she's just under an excessive amount of stress to succeed (i.e.: family, culture, etc.). I would say the latter because she's sucks at improv. Otherwise, what's the big deal here? Outbursts in university libraries have gone on for decades, if not longer (I saw a few during my time in school). It's just that we have tech to make things go viral instantly.

[quote name='whipsmartbanky']i wouldn't doubt it. One time i got hissed at by a girl during an exam for "writing too hard."[/quote]

stop typing so hard!! I can hear you through the intarwebz!!!! Rrraaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!1!!!!!!!!

Poor girl. She just snapped and it sucks to have embarrassed yourself in front of 20 people in a library, and far worse to have it available for the entire world to see it! Come on guys, forgive and forget.

I think it's worse that this is a college...and you've got a group of kids that act like they're still in high school. Just the title of the video alone mirrors the mentality of the asshole kids. The main things is it begins with someone already having their phone out to capture the moment (pretty much indicating who is truly acting juvenile). I'm thinking that's why the one girl got so aggravated, because from her point of view she's requesting one girl keep the noise down while her friend has a camera pointed at her.

It's unfortunate, but there are people who will always be jackasses. When you go to the library, you expect it to be quiet because you need to concentrate, especially during testing periods. I'm usually a person who can tolerate these jackasses or loud talkers when I need to study because I tend to focus pretty well. However, there are just certain "special" people who love being the center of attention which does disrupt me.

On another note, I once got hushed and was given attitude for "shaking" my leg too much in the library. Quite a hilarious moment :)

bread's done
Back