Calculating the Cost of Holiday 2011

Holy cow, that's a lot of games. Only thing I'm getting off that list is Gears 3.

I did notice a couple of portable games missing:

:ds: Solatorobo $35 9/27
:psp: Fate/Extra $40 10/19

[quote name='Dead of Knight']From that list, $0. Getting Solatorobo and Persona 2, but I don't consider September "holiday" season.[/QUOTE]
Second'd(on the total at least).

I'm just wondering what kinda money the OP is making for having people view their article.:razz:

I hate this release schedule. Looks like only a few titles for late Sept, then a ton of good stuff in Oct and Nov. So we have another long month of waiting for big titles to arrive. They should have release those HD remakes during the summer drought!

I do want several games on the list but I refuse to pay more than $20 for something so I'll be waiting and in the meantime catching up on games from last year that have dropped in price.

Looking at $582 for the holiday. Now on the other hand, that is considering I buy everything.

Since I am a CAG and a PC gamer I know I am not going to be buying all this this holiday season.

I know I will be buying Skyrim, Saints Row 3, Super Mario 3D land, and Sonic Generations (plus I already have Zelda and Serious Sam 3 paid off). The rest can wait till a sale. I know Rage will reach a good sale in a few months. So will Rayman Origins, Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, etc.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I'm just wondering what kinda money the OP is making for having people view their article.:razz:[/QUOTE]

$0 ;) I wish I got money for views... maybe I'd be able to afford a whole lot more of these games :lol:

[quote name='BShea']$0 ;) I wish I got money for views... maybe I'd be able to afford a whole lot more of these games :lol:[/QUOTE]

Maybe not for views, but what about all the Amazon associates links for pre-orders?

The blurb at the bottom says you're a founding member of the website.

Surely you make money from advertising in your reviews on your website.

I'll be renting most if not all upcoming 2011 titles.Looking at least $30 in rental fees.My big splurge will be next year with Bioshock Infinite,Playstation Vita,Dragon Crown,Last Guardian,Starhawk.

Only 100 for me, and that's skyrims collectors edition. BF3 free (technically $7), arkham city 2 covered by gcs, dark souls gc covered too.

bread's done
Back