Call me old fashioned...

souljah420

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
But if a new game system comes out and I decide that I want to spend my money on it, is it too much to ask that I might actually be able to fucking find one in the store? I don't want to go off on a rant here - so stop me before I get a chance. Any suggestions as to locating a Wii would be much appreciated. I guess if it takes it, I can come up with some sort of master list of local stores and make calls everyday. I live in San Diego, but have only decided on purchasing a Wii within the last week and a half.

Thanks in advance.

Just keep checking wm, target, etc. My costco in mn. had a whole pallet 2 days ago sitting right as you walk in the store. Also game stores like eb/gs tend to get them in on weekdays so try checking in the week like tues afternoon and such.

This thread's title gave me a major flashback to the comedy show The State from mtv

"Call me old fashioned but I think fire is magic and it scares me a lot"

If you have a Game Crazy nearby, that would be your best bet, since they have a sign-up list for contacting people when it comes in. It seems that not a lot of people know about Game Crazy, so it kind of flies under the radar of the general public, which increases your chances of securing one.

[quote name='thetoxicone']This thread's title gave me a major flashback to the comedy show The State from mtv

"Call me old fashioned but I think fire is magic and it scares me a lot"[/quote]

Actually, it's "Maybe I'm old fashioned," but still, I loved that show.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but it seems to me that when the giant that holds up the earth dies, we are screeewwwed!

[quote name='sandman007']If you have a Game Crazy nearby, that would be your best bet, since they have a sign-up list for contacting people when it comes in.[/quote]

I tried that and they said you had to be a MVP member to be on the list. I basically said fuck that and walked out in disgust.

Keep an eye on Speedy's threads. I helped a friend get a Wii and all we had to do was pick up a Wii ticket 1 hour before opening, and go out for breakfast.

Do yourself a favor and get a extra Wiimote at the same time, I waited and it took about two months before I was able to purchase another one.

Other options are to call store you would less expect to have games and stay clear of the major retail chains seeing as they have the most traffic and usually sell out as soon as they get them...

I found my Wii after 2 months of hard core searching at a " Sears Grand" Store.. The guy said they have 5 instock for at least a month and I was desperate to find one and called the store for the hell of it....

Need less to say though I was very dissapointed after the purchase so be warned.. All the effort it took to get it and then the Wii mote got very annoying very quick to me.. Should of kept the 360 I sold to get the money to buy a wii seeing I sold the wii less than a month later.....

If you wanted one so badly, you should've preordered. It's a simple thing called supply and demand.:p

If you really want one, I think GameCrazy keeps a pseudo-preorder list where they'll take down names and they offer Wiis to whoever's first on the list.

[quote name='Vinny']If you wanted one so badly, you should've preordered. It's a simple thing called supply and demand.:p [/QUOTE]

Wow what insight. Well here it is months after the launch but where is this so called supply you speak of? That is why I posted this thread... Anyway - are the wii motes still hard to find?

[quote name='souljah420']Wow what insight. Well here it is months after the launch but where is this so called supply you speak of? That is why I posted this thread... Anyway - are the wii motes still hard to find?[/QUOTE]

No need to be a prick about a response which was meant as a joke.:roll:

Obviously if 8 million units have been sold and they're still hard to find, then demand exceeds supply. The supply is there... I've seen these sitting on store shelves and I know others have as well.

Target and Wal-Mart seem to be hotspots. I actually saw 3 at Wal-Mart Supercenter last week (or maybe it was two weeks ago?). Just keep looking, you're bound to find one.

For reference, Wii-motes & Nunchuks are in ample supply now. They're literally everywhere.

[quote name='Vinny']No need to be a prick about a response which was meant as a joke.:roll:

Obviously if 8 million units have been sold and they're still hard to find, then demand exceeds supply. The supply is there... I've seen these sitting on store shelves and I know others have as well.

Target and Wal-Mart seem to be hotspots. I actually saw 3 at Wal-Mart Supercenter last week (or maybe it was two weeks ago?). Just keep looking, you're bound to find one.[/quote]lol,I get my break on Sundays around 8am.I go to walmart and see like their little case full so it's like 5-8 wii's.

you must just have bad luck as i see them fairly often now. ive walked into sams club, target, walmart and eb all recently (within the last month) and have seen them on shelves.

Check the ads to see if a particular store will have them in stock, and then get their several hours early and you'll have one. It's not rocket science.

The local Wal-Mart was getting them on shelves late Thursday nights, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure I saw them putting them in the display that night two weeks straight. Maybe see if they know when they get shipments like that in at your local store?

Guess I got lucky when I got mine. I walked into a Best Buy and saw 3 just sting there. I just picked one up and made my way to the cash register. I didn't think they were still hard to find. I'm only able to get this stuff when it is every where but, now that I think about it I have not seen them since the day I bought mine. Chances are the places have some in stock but might only have one or 2 and dont put them out. They keep them till they can put about 10 of them out. Atleast thats what they do in the area I live in. Best Buy does one of two things, they put out a sign that says they have them but you have to ask for them. Only you can never find an employee to ask about one or they say they are out and they take the sign and put it up. If they don't have the sign out then they have a stack of about 5 to 15 of them siting out in the middle of the isle.

I can see where the OP is coming from. Its July and for most people you are still unable to waltz right on into a store and buy one. Sooner or later Nintendo is going to have to ramp up the supply. People eventually are going to quit playing the waiting game. Those people will either get a different system or not even one at all.

I can understand calling the stores and checking the ads... but by now it should be a walk in affair. Even the 360 a year ago at the time you could walk into almost any retailer and walk out with one.

If Nintendo wants to take the number one spot they need to do something NOW. End of story.

A couple weeks ago, my one local BB had a stack of Wii's sitting on the floor almost as soon as you walked in. If I had the cash on me, I would've probably bought one for myself, since they ARE still hard to find around here.

Ah well....the way it is, I still have an unopened GC sitting in my closet, since I have no room in my room to set it up as of yet.

Since the day the Wii came out, Ive only seen it instore twice ever, and both of those times were at the Nintendo World Store. Ive still never seen a Wii on the shelf at Walamrt, or Target, or EB/GS, etc...

The controllers and accessories I see literally everywhere tho.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I can see where the OP is coming from. Its July and for most people you are still unable to waltz right on into a store and buy one. Sooner or later Nintendo is going to have to ramp up the supply. People eventually are going to quit playing the waiting game. Those people will either get a different system or not even one at all.

I can understand calling the stores and checking the ads... but by now it should be a walk in affair. Even the 360 a year ago at the time you could walk into almost any retailer and walk out with one.

If Nintendo wants to take the number one spot they need to do something NOW. End of story.[/quote]Well, they did ramp up supply. But that additional supply is likely being held back for the holidays, otherwise they will increase supply by a somewhat insignificant amount for the rest of the year and that will be consistent all through the holidays, which would make the shopping season even worse. I'm still surprised that the only console I've seen on shelves was at TRU back in December, before it was bought by the guy behind me in line.

And they are doing something to take the number one spot... selling much more than the competition ;)

I would suggest you don't bother checking Targets for Wiis, at least if they're anything like mine. Every shipment we've gotten since launch has been held for the Sunday ad. The only way you'll get one is if HQ doesn't send the memo to hold them early enough, which has happened. On the Sundays that we do have them, we usually start off with a dozen, and they sell out around 11 or 12. We don't really have people waiting outside for them anymore.

I guess it's annoying that Nintendo is having so much trouble getting enough white GameCubes to market, but in all fairness, they are selling a lot. Limited supply or not, we don't sell a dozen 360s in a month.

[quote name='CokeCola']I would suggest you don't bother checking Targets for Wiis, at least if they're anything like mine. Every shipment we've gotten since launch has been held for the Sunday ad. The only way you'll get one is if HQ doesn't send the memo to hold them early enough, which has happened. On the Sundays that we do have them, we usually start off with a dozen, and they sell out around 11 or 12. We don't really have people waiting outside for them anymore.

I guess it's annoying that Nintendo is having so much trouble getting enough white GameCubes to market, but in all fairness, they are selling a lot. Limited supply or not, we don't sell a dozen 360s in a month.[/quote]

Looks like your lost, the GameFAQs forums are this way: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/index.php

[quote name='CokeCola']Because I suggested that the Wii is technologically similar to 5 year-old hardware that shouldn't be difficult to produce?

Way to be a jerk.[/quote]
Calling it a "white Gamecube" is nothing more than a ridiculous fanboy comment that I'd expect to see at GameFAQs.

Look, I can be just like you!:

"Xbox 360? More like an Xbox 1.5!"
"Why even call it an Xbox? It should be called the Xbrick since it bricks so often! Haha!"
"PS3 is nothing more than a... nevermind too easy."

You get the idea.

You're overreacting. Try to be civil, and don't get so defensive when you think somebody slammed "your" console.

The innards are basically a faster GameCube (in a white case, *gasp*), and it's puzzling that Nintendo is having trouble ramping production. Did you even read the rest of the post? Did it not sound like an informed opinion of Target's Wii supply? "White GameCube" isn't that insulting is it? Anybody else?

[quote name='CokeCola']You're overreacting. Try to be civil, and don't get so defensive when you think somebody slammed "your" console.

The innards are basically a faster GameCube (in a white case, *gasp*), and it's puzzling that Nintendo is having trouble ramping production. Did you even read the rest of the post? Did it not sound like an informed opinion of Target's Wii supply? "White GameCube" isn't that insulting is it? Anybody else?[/quote]
You're not paying attention, it has nothing to do with the Wii. If you had said something similar about the 360/PS3 my reply would of been the same:
Looks like your lost, the GameFAQs forums are this way: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/index.php
I'm not trying to get into a flame war with you, hell I wouldn't of even of replied if you hadn't PMed me whining about what I posted. If you think the technology in the Wii is 5 years old, that's fine and dandy since it's your opinion. But at least express your opinion intelligently rather than using some fanboy terminology.

Notice I'm not arguing with you about what you said, but rather the way you said it.

[quote name='me, via PM']I don't appreciate that. Have something to discuss? Then discuss it.[/QUOTE]
That's whining? I made a dull statement about a Wii, and you insulted me. That deserves expanding.

I would suggest you don't bother checking Targets for Wiis, at least if they're anything like mine. Every shipment we've gotten since launch has been held for the Sunday ad. The only way you'll get one is if HQ doesn't send the memo to hold them early enough, which has happened. On the Sundays that we do have them, we usually start off with a dozen, and they sell out around 11 or 12. We don't really have people waiting outside for them anymore.
I said that. What have you contributed? (Don't answer that)

I'm through with you.

[quote name='CokeCola']That's whining? I made a dull statement about a Wii, and you insulted me. That deserves expanding.

I said that. What have you contributed? (Don't answer that)

I'm through with you.[/quote]

I made a rather humorous joke about you going to GameFAQs, and you went crazy.

We're even!

i have only seen 2 wiis since launch..well atleast for purchase...1 at TRU 2 months ago where my best friend bought it due to someone returning it the morning they released it..and at a local gamestore where someone snatched it before i had a chance to even say hello...i would like to believe Nintendo ramped up production for the system...but i go to wal mart,target, and all those stores quite frequently..and i still havent seen em...i guess i have bad luck =(. good luck on finding one OP.

Ive seen the Wii's only a few times since launch, one at TRU around holidays, at a CC one was being bought during holidays...

Ive seen them once at Target
and once , only once I saw a ton of them at Sam's... next day they were gone

This is not counting launch day of course when I picked mine up from Target

[quote name='Rig']The local Wal-Mart was getting them on shelves late Thursday nights, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure I saw them putting them in the display that night two weeks straight. Maybe see if they know when they get shipments like that in at your local store?[/QUOTE]

I agree. The only time I have ever seen a Wii was at a Wal-Mart at 6:00PM on a Thursday. I ran to the electronics desk to make sure I got it.

I've yet to see a Wii on shelves, the last time I've seen one was back in December when I waited at 6:00 AM to pick mine up. Of course, there were only two left and were being bought immediately.

I've seen a good deal of Wii's on sale...or at least a good deal of Wii boxes proclaiming Wii's to be on sale. I'm currently not interested enough to check it out though.

With regards to the finding one, does iTrackr still worked? It's how my roommate got his Wii.

bread's done
Back