Call of Duty 2 $9.90 on Amazon

Fun game (just finished the single player campaign). For $10 anyone who enjoys first person shooters should pick it up.

[quote name='bone_matrix']Check out your local Target. Picked this up for $4.98 + tax.[/quote]
Got 2 copies for free from Target using those $5 and $10 off cpns. One of them was 13.98 so I got a dollar off my other purchases, the other I paid 3.98 for and then I traded it in to GS for $7 credit.

It's a good game. People should play if they ddin't already

If you pay $10 for CoD2 AND play through it on veteran you will walk feeling like you got 3X your money's worth.

I agree. I beat this game on veteran and it was one of my favorite experiences on my 360 (even better than the veteran mode in CoD4, imo).

[quote name='Kingfalcon']I agree. I beat this game on veteran and it was one of my favorite experiences on my 360 (even better than the veteran mode in CoD4, imo).[/quote]

I chipped away at that game for months until I beat it. I'm surprised how much of CoD2's levels I still remember vividly. Best $14 I ever spent on a shooter that's for sure. Didn't bother with CoD4 because $60 for a 6 hour game is not my idea of money well spent. Plus, I can't play online because I'm not about to pay $80 for the 360 wifi adapter. Too many game this generation focus too heavily on online gameplay and not enough on the single player. Nothing this gen will be as timeless as the stuff from generations past because nobody will be playing CoD4 or Halo 3 ten years from now. Everyone will have moved on to the next "big thing".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueSwim']I chipped away at that game for months until I beat it. I'm surprised how much of CoD2's levels I still remember vividly. Best $14 I ever spent on a shooter that's for sure. Didn't bother with CoD4 because $60 for a 6 hour game is not my idea of money well spent. Plus, I can't play online because I'm not about to pay $80 for the 360 wifi adapter. Too many game this generation focus too heavily on online gameplay and not enough on the single player. Nothing this gen will be as timeless as the stuff from generations past because nobody will be playing CoD4 or Halo 3 ten years from now. Everyone will have moved on to the next "big thing".[/quote]

Why do you have to get the wifi adapter? Spend 25 bucks and get a longer Cat-5 cable.

[quote name='jello44']Why do you have to get the wifi adapter? Spend 25 bucks and get a longer Cat-5 cable.[/quote]

It's all the way on the other side of the house. Besides, I'm not much of an online gamer and none of my friends have a 360/live so it just isn't worth an investment even as low as $25. The only times I lugged the thing over were when M$ had free XBLA games that were about to revert back to being pay content.

COD2 for under 10 is a great deal. It, along with PGR3, were the best games for the 360 launch. And don't sleep on COD3. I see a lot of people hating on it, but it was fun and the addition of vehicles for online play made it pretty cool.

Great deal for COD 2's single player alone.

[quote name='BlueSwim']It's all the way on the other side of the house. Besides, I'm not much of an online gamer and none of my friends have a 360/live so it just isn't worth an investment even as low as $25. The only times I lugged the thing over were when M$ had free XBLA games that were about to revert back to being pay content.[/quote]

It's hard to justify having a 360 without Live IMO, but you don't need it to experience any of the COD games on the system. I'd recommend taking another look at COD 4 — it's in the $30 to $40 range these days, both new and used.

[quote name='RudyPants']Great deal for COD 2's single player alone.

It's hard to justify having a 360 without Live IMO, but you don't need it to experience any of the COD games on the system. I'd recommend taking another look at COD 4 — it's in the $30 to $40 range these days, both new and used.[/quote]

The combo of Dead Or Alive 4 and my Xbox 1 dying is what got me to pick up the 360 without having the online for it. The DVD drive in my Xbox 1 went out and I couldn't find a new one(ended up picking up a MS refurbished one about a year or two later). And I knew the 360 was going to have BC and DOA4 so I jumped on it. There are some great single player games out there(Portal, Tomb Raider: Legend, EDF, VF5, etc), but the 360 really is built around Live. I will pick up CoD4 at some point, but I've just been a little burned out on first-person shooters lately.

bread's done
Back