Call of Duty 2: Big Red One CE for $37.99

edtinney

CAGiversary!
This is not so much a deal as it is an exploitation of the ignorance at Best Buy, and I thought I'd share, so don't give me any shit.

In the past week I have frequently taken advantage of the Xbox 360 promo coupons. During this time, I also realized that the workers at Best Buy are extremely uninformed, and so I got this idea:

I went to Circuit City and got this week's circular. On the front page is an advertisement for Call of Duty 2 and True Crime: NYC for $37.99. The regular $50 versions are shown, but when I showed it to the Best Buy worker, she matched it with no questions. I got a little cocky and tried the $10 off coupon. She scanned it, but it didn't take the money off. She told me you can't do price match and use a coupon. Nevertheless, $38 for a $60 game is pretty good.
Note: You could try the same with True Crime: NYC, but it'll be more difficult because the cases look very different.

[quote name='clariste']Should've just gotten the regular version at CC for $27.99 after PMing the BB coup.[/QUOTE]
How would they do that? If they PMed the coupon at Best Buy, the Pmed price would be $39.99 since Best Buy sells the game for $49.99. Besides, the whole reason I did this was to get the Collectors Edition. So no, I shouldn't have.

bread's done
Back