Call of Duty 2: Big Red One PS2 $9.99

[quote name='Masterkyo']If you got XBOX 360 you can get XBOX 360 version for $15 at CC or pricematch with BB for it.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, Big Red One is a different game than COD2 on 360. SO people might want to play both.

[quote name='ma']Just FYI, Big Red One is a different game than COD2 on 360. SO people might want to play both.[/QUOTE]

Really? How different is it?

[quote name='David85']Really? How different is it?[/quote]

CoD2 XB360 is the good one.

CoD2: BRO is not. It just doesn't feel right.

This GH one says enhanced "special edition". How is it different from the original version or the collector's edition?

I'm not too sure... Activision tends to do that (see THAW PS2 GH enhanced). I'll check at work today and post if nobody beats me to it.

COD2 BRO is a good game. Yes, it is diff from the 360 ver -- considerably diff -- just look at the hardware the games run on to understand.

That being said, COD2 BRO is a great PS2 game. Unlike most COD games which feature 3 diff nationalities and their storylines, BRO focuses only on the US Big Red One regiment (forgive if I get my military terms wrong). It is more character driven than most COD games, reminding me of the story telling style found in "Brother In Arms: Road to Hill 30." The single player game is very satisfying. Many say the multiplayer is great as well, but I still prefer the MP in COD: Finest Hour (COD1 for consoles).

COD2 BRO is not a hobbled, cut down version of COD2 360, but a different game.

Like all COD games, it really captures the chaos of war in its single player mode, delivering on all the intensity that has made the series famous.

The "Enhanced" features are the same that were found in the original "Special Ed" version when the game was orig released, and includes: 1 diff skin for each team, and some extra "Making of" films not included in the basic edition.

COD2 on the 360 is a whole diff ball game, and is truely amazing, and exceeds the PS2 version by leaps and bounds, but for those who have yet to make the next gen jump (and that is a whole lot of folks), this game will be great.

[quote name='David85']Really? How different is it?[/QUOTE]

In the same way that Call of Duty:Finest Hour is different than Call of Duty. It's a completely different game developed for a different platform by a different developer. They are not as good as the 360 games, but they're not bad wither.

I think this is how it worked:
Call of Duty (PC) - developed by Infinity Ward
Call of Duty:Finest Hour (PS2/XBOX/GCN) - developed by Treyarch, different game

Call of Duty 2 (PC/360) - developed by Infinity Ward
Call of Duty 2 BRO (PS2/XBOX/GCN) - developed by Treyarch, different game

Call of Duty 3 (360) - developed by Treyarch
Call of Duty 3 (PS2/XBOX) - *port* of CoD3

So the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube versions of the first two CoD games are different.

The Xbox/PS2 versions of CoD3 are *ports* of the 360 game.

I think I've got this right, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh I just thought thought they added a subname because they added something a little different to the second one. The first one I knew there were different versions. But why call it CoD2 at all?

[quote name='David85']Oh I just thought thought they added a subname because they added something a little different to the second one. The first one I knew there were different versions. But why call it CoD2 at all?[/QUOTE]

Probably so they can leverage the same marketing/hype/brand recognition.

I think this is a really weird trend. Like Splinter Cell:Double Agent and Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter being different games on the 360 than on the Xbox1.

Call of Duty: Finest Hour was not developed by Treyarch -- it was developed by Spark, with multiplayer components by Kuju.

COD2:BRO actually uses a different 3D engine, and thats why it "feels" diff in mulitplayer.

[quote name='donssword']The "Enhanced" features are the same that were found in the original "Special Ed" version when the game was orig released, and includes: 1 diff skin for each team, and some extra "Making of" films not included in the basic edition.[/quote] You mean to say that the Enhanced, GH version = the original Collector's Edition (the one /w foil cover)?

Yup. In fact, the in-game menus of the Enhanced Special Edition say "Collectors Ed."

DISCLAIMER: I have not actually seen the orig Collector's Ed myself, and when the GH version hit, I begged someone to find out if in fact they were the same on both CAG and GameFAQs, but never got an answer. If u review a list of the features of the Collector's Ed and the Special Ed, there is no diff between the two.

[quote name='ma']CoD games[/QUOTE]
You forgot CoD: United Offensive (PC) expansion. It was developed by Gray Matter (former Xatrix, makers of Kingpin, Redneck Rampage, and Quake II: The Reckoning), who were absorbed into Treyarch during the development of CoD:BRO.

bread's done
Back