Call Of Duty 2 Help

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!
I just bought COD2 this weekend, and I was just trying to install it, but I keep getting this error:

Executable 'E:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\WIFD1F~1\MpShHook.dll) Please ensure that it is installed

Can anyone help me out with this, so that I can get the game installed and playing?

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']A late answer, but why not?
As the error says, you're missing a DLL file.

Grab that particular one here and put it in the system32 folder.

http://www.dll-files.com/search.php?s=MSVCR80[/QUOTE]
I just did it, and it didn't work. Thanks for the help though. I think I'm just reserved to the fact that I will have to get a new graphics card for my comp in order to run it.

That error has nothing to do with your graphics card, its a software problem. That particular DLL is used by Microsoft Defender. Uninstall Defender and see if COD2 runs.

Then if it runs OK, try to re-install Defender.

[quote name='jalu6']That error has nothing to do with your graphics card, its a software problem. That particular DLL is used by Microsoft Defender. Uninstall Defender and see if COD2 runs.

Then if it runs OK, try to re-install Defender.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to try this out when I get home (not til Saturday unfortunately :(). I hope this works because I really want to play this game.

Ok, so I uninstalled Windows Defender and re-installed, and I'm not getting the dll error anymore. But now I'm getting a directx error...

DirectX(R) encountered an unrecoverable error.
Check the DirectX(R) FAQ for possible solutions.

I have the most recent DirectX and my drivers are up-to-date for my video card, at least it says that there are no better ones when do the check for new ones. Can anyone help me out with this error?

bread's done
Back