Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year Edition $36.99 at NewEgg

I dont know why they still call it "Game of the Year" edition when theres nothing special about it. Greed took over Activision and the bonus content was removed.

[quote name='ohboy10451']$20 is a deal for this. Not $40[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding it for $20. COD4 is better then COD5, that's why it still holds a high price point. You may need to wait another year to see that price. Sometime after Modern Warfare 2 is available.

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']I dont know why they still call it "Game of the Year" edition when theres nothing special about it. Greed took over Activision and the bonus content was removed.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the more recent GOTY editions are nothing special. L4D's GOTY has what, bonus content that's free to download?

The COD series of games is played out anyways. They've beat us over the head with new versions every year. It's as bad as sports games now.

Yeah COD4 is awesome, $37 isnt bad frankly.
151l1259.jpg

I beat it when it came out as well, but i never really paid much attention to online because i suck at fps's online. One of my friends started playing online tho and we played together a few games.

IMO, cod4 is one of the more balanced games online compared to others, yes people will always complain about something but some times you gotta realize they just suck at games more than the avg gamer.

these days, you buy cod4 for the community online, not for the actual story.

GotY editions are just a marketing move for the more casual people to see that the game has won many awards and is more enticed to buy it.

[quote name='ohboy10451']Beat it when released so I dont care[/QUOTE]

Then why even bother posting in this thread?

Quick question...

COD6 (aka Modern Warfare 2) is coming out in November... that leaves approx. 4 months of play on COD4 before everyone abandons it for good.

Is 4 months enough time to buy COD4, get 10th level prestige (gold cross) and get a gold gun like the AK-47? How hard/long is it to achieve these goals?

Basically I want to get 10th level prestige and a gold gun, and have enough time left over to enjoy playing with those achievements before COD6 comes out...

Will I have enough time left to get it, or is it already too late??

i've played for about a month so far, but I havent really been on but twice in the last 3 weeks, and im level 46 almost no prestige

my friend has gone and done prestige level 4 or 5 i think and he's only played roughly 2 months total so its able to be done, depends on how much time you want to put into it.

[quote name='rieper']Quick question...

COD6 (aka Modern Warfare 2) is coming out in November... that leaves approx. 4 months of play on COD4 before everyone abandons it for good.

Is 4 months enough time to buy COD4, get 10th level prestige (gold cross) and get a gold gun like the AK-47? How hard/long is it to achieve these goals?

Basically I want to get 10th level prestige and a gold gun, and have enough time left over to enjoy playing with those achievements before COD6 comes out...

Will I have enough time left to get it, or is it already too late??[/QUOTE]

That depends on your schedule. For instance, do you work late until 8 p.m. everyday or do you spend your days sitting on a park bench by the duck pond?

I got this game used for $35.99 from GameCrazy recently and it actually still had the free maps code inside of it... so I think I got the better deal. However, I've seen this game on sale at Amazon for $29.99 a few months ago... so I'd say wait on making a purchase. Especially since MW2 is coming out soon... the price on COD4 is sure to drop either way. Amazing game, though...

[quote name='rieper']Quick question...

Will I have enough time left to get it, or is it already too late??[/QUOTE]

haha, wow, why? you're gonna be on your ass in front of your tv all day every day for entirely too long to get that. I didn't even prestige once in COD4. I did it once in COD5, only because the map packs were released and it was double points weekend, and i managed to almost top off and go on to level 2 in about 5 days...of nonstop playing...against people that suck...and knowing every level inside and out. Even pulling off win after win with 2x points playing ALL DAY it took me almost a week to go through one prestige level. Now i'm sure there are more efficient ways to rack up points than what i do (FFA mosty), but still, what's the point?

Not worth it. You will have no life.

$25 is my buying price.

COD 4 Modern Warfare-COD World at War-COD 4 Modern Warfare 2
Stop calling World at War COD 5 and stop calling Modern Warfare 2 COD 6.

I've been waiting for this to get cheaper for a long time. I have a ton of old games to play, so I really have no problem waiting for it to hit $20.

bread's done
Back