Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year Edition (360) $39.99 shipped at Amazon

I keep saying I would buy this just because (even though I already have the regular from CC's price error last year) but then I keep remembering that I started to hate online because it would put me in matches already in progress. Most of them put me on a team that was losing by an embarassing amount...

Godly MP but I wish Infinity Ward would fix their Matchmaking for it

I just got a 360 so I definitely want this game, but I don't know if I should pay $40. I'm hoping for a drop to $30 in the next couple months as we approach the holiday season.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I keep saying I would buy this just because (even though I already have the regular from CC's price error last year) but then I keep remembering that I started to hate online because it would put me in matches already in progress. Most of them put me on a team that was losing by an embarassing amount...

Godly MP but I wish Infinity Ward would fix their Matchmaking for it

[quote name='BlueSwim']Still too much for only a 6 hour single player campaign. That pisses me off too, I loved CoD2.[/QUOTE]
A 6 hour badass campaign. Also the online itself is worth the $40 alone. Best online I have ever seen in a console game. Truly shows what Infinity Ward can do. I maxed out at 10th prestige and still play, I still think they are holding out though since they haven't released another map pack unlike the crap load of maps for CoD2 and 3

[quote name='MikeHoncho']A 6 hour badass campaign. Also the online itself is worth the $40 alone. Best online I have ever seen in a console game. Truly shows what Infinity Ward can do. I maxed out at 10th prestige and still play, I still think they are holding out though since they haven't released another map pack unlike the crap load of maps for CoD2 and 3[/quote]

My only problem with the online is that I need that $100 WiFi thingy otherwise I'll be forced to play on a TV that's barely bigger than my hand. I don't buy 360 games for the online play.

Games that put too much focus on the online play will never be timeless like so many NES and SNES games are because the focus isn't on the single player game. As good as COD4 is, it will be forgotten in a few years because another game in the series will have come out with better online play. Super Mario Kart didn't need 8 player online play to be timeless.

[quote name='rapsodist']I just got a 360 so I definitely want this game, but I don't know if I should pay $40. I'm hoping for a drop to $30 in the next couple months as we approach the holiday season.[/QUOTE]

I hear you brother. Just got a PS3 but refuse to pay over $30 for this game because of the short campaign. After the new COD comes out this year hopefully this one will drop or a nice sale will come around.

$40 bucks is still a good price but I'm not $40 starved for content right now :)

[quote name='vanlandw']I hear you brother. Just got a PS3 but refuse to pay over $30 for this game because of the short campaign. After the new COD comes out this year hopefully this one will drop or a nice sale will come around.

$40 bucks is still a good price but I'm not $40 starved for content right now :)[/quote]

I'm betting that COD4 will stay up in price while COD:WaW comes out. I don't have too much faith in Treyarch and if the previous incarnations are any indication, InifnityWard's COD2 still retained its price around when COD3 came out.

Unless you plan to play a lot online, COD4 is only worth a rental. Like previously mentioned, the single player is VERY short, but does unlock the arcade mode. Gamefly this one.

The single player is okay. Game is only worth it if you play online. Needs more maps and game modes though, well mainly hardcore gametypes since that's what I play.

[quote name='BlueSwim']My only problem with the online is that I need that $100 WiFi thingy otherwise I'll be forced to play on a TV that's barely bigger than my hand. I don't buy 360 games for the online play.

Games that put too much focus on the online play will never be timeless like so many NES and SNES games are because the focus isn't on the single player game. As good as COD4 is, it will be forgotten in a few years because another game in the series will have come out with better online play. Super Mario Kart didn't need 8 player online play to be timeless.[/quote]

$100 WiFi thingy, huh?

Sorry, I am in thesis paper mode. What do you mean?

[quote name='paddlefoot']$100 WiFi thingy, huh?

Sorry, I am in thesis paper mode. What do you mean?[/quote]

i think BlueSwim is referring to the MS wireless internet adapter for the 360. BlueSwim, don't forget that you can just purchase any wireless bridge and use that instead. much cheaper.

[quote name='allyourblood']i think BlueSwim is referring to the MS wireless internet adapter for the 360. BlueSwim, don't forget that you can just purchase any wireless bridge and use that instead. much cheaper.[/quote]

Yeah, the Wireless Adapter is what I was talking about. How does that bridge work? Do you need to have your computer near by?

[quote name='BlueSwim']Yeah, the Wireless Adapter is what I was talking about. How does that bridge work? Do you need to have your computer near by?[/quote]

a wireless bridge works like an adapter, but rather than attaching directly to the computer (or console), you run an ethernet cable out from your device (360) and into the bridge, which basically "bridges" the gap to your wireless router. look up the "Linksys Wireless Game Adapter" for an example.

[quote name='allyourblood']a wireless bridge works like an adapter, but rather than attaching directly to the computer (or console), you run an ethernet cable out from your device (360) and into the bridge, which basically "bridges" the gap to your wireless router. look up the "Linksys Wireless Game Adapter" for an example.[/quote]

Thank you for the help! I'll look into it. :applause::applause::applause:

I have this game like 5th on my gamefly list (1st month...decided to try gamefly), so I guess I'll see how it is. I doubt it's much different from the beta I played.

I wouldn't wait too long because it takes awhile to get any good at the multiplayer, unlike Halo where you can just run and gun for the most part. Fun game, it's worth it.

[quote name='SlowGraffiti']I wouldn't wait too long because it takes awhile to get any good at the multiplayer, unlike Halo where you can just run and gun for the most part. Fun game, it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

lol are you serious?

[quote name='cerot']lol are you serious?[/quote]

How am I supposed to answer this? It's obvious I wasn't joking. This game require a lot tactical/strategy, well maybe not Team Deathmatch all the time.

Deal is dead.
1361.gif

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Deal is dead.
1361.gif
[/quote]

You could just go to a Target today and not have to worry about when it's going to arrive in the mail.

[quote name='nbayus']You could just go to a Target today and not have to worry about when it's going to arrive in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Except I don't want to pay 49.99 at Target, especially for the non-GOTY version.

[quote name='buckythekat']wonder why when Amazon got it back in stock they raised the price back up?[/QUOTE]

Amazon is goofy with their price changes.Sometimes they will change the price of a game more than once a day. Habitual price changers.

bread's done
Back