Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='help1']Don't worry guys, there is plenty else to play. The play gets a little stale after you get to level 11 and everyone else around you has the same crap as you. It seems that everyone is using the M4.[/QUOTE]

I love the M4... really. In fact, I'm building an AR-15 M4 clone. However, the M16A4 that has a 3 round burst is a lot better when you mix in long range since it keeps it's accuracy.

Also, I do agree it can get stale but with more maps and no level cap, it could be a lot of fun. It certainly plays like a COD game (for those who haven't played the beta yet) and certainly looks good, but I wonder how it will hold against so much damn competition come the holiday season.

[quote name='valor19']I love the M4... really. In fact, I'm building an AR-15 M4 clone. However, the M16A4 that has a 3 round burst is a lot better when you mix in long range since it keeps it's accuracy.

Also, I do agree it can get stale but with more maps and no level cap, it could be a lot of fun. It certainly plays like a COD game (for those who haven't played the beta yet) and certainly looks good, but I wonder how it will hold against so much damn competition come the holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the updates , I really enjoy reading about how you guys are seemingly becoming board of the Beta .
I really helps pass the time while 5 wait for my fucking key to arrive ! ;)

I just won the monthly contest over at GTW should i get COD4 or Halo 3. I'll be happy with either of them, but i have a feeling Halo 3 will be more popular and offer more in the long run...what do you all think?

Hm, Halo3 has 4 player coop. Im not sure what CoD will have. I havent really read much about it yet. I plan to get both, but after playing the beta CoD4 would be more fun for me in the long run.

[quote name='Scorch']still no fucking email[/quote]
Same here. At this point I don't think its ever going to come, bullshit that they will send them out in giant waves.

[quote name='sasukekun']Hm, Halo3 has 4 player coop. Im not sure what CoD will have. I havent really read much about it yet. I plan to get both, but after playing the beta CoD4 would be more fun for me in the long run.[/quote]
Part of my decision is that literally all of my friends will be getting the game, so i know i can have fun with them...while COD4 i like, i'm not sure if as many of my friends will have it. Plus, as you said, 4 player coop is hard to pass up.

[quote name='Mex25']Same here. At this point I don't think its ever going to come, bullshit that they will send them out in giant waves.[/quote]

When i was on earlier tonight, there were 7600 on...and that was before invites went out tonight so they are slowly, very slowly, sending the invites out. But it seems invites are going out every night so just keep waiting...

[quote name='SynGamer']When i was on earlier tonight, there were 7600 on...and that was before invites went out tonight so they are slowly, very slowly, sending the invites out. But it seems invites are going out every night so just keep waiting...[/QUOTE]

Yup. I got my invite tonight. Went on for some matches. Overall, I don't like the feel of the game. I'm just not a CoD kinda guy, but still pleased with the demo. I haven't played an online FPS for a while and it's good to get the rust off before Halo3 comes out.

And can someone tell me what's the point of iron-sight if you have a reticule? Just seems dumb to me if they're going for that realistic sense to have a reticule.

[quote name='strdr4']Yup. I got my invite tonight. Went on for some matches. Overall, I don't like the feel of the game. I'm just not a CoD kinda guy, but still eased with the demo. I haven't played an online FPS for a while and it's good to get the rust off before Halo3 comes out.[/quote]

My 2 gripes with COD4 are;
  • Sniping - guns without scopes are getting some insane ranges
  • Life expectancy - takes very few bullets to kill you, even with juggernaut
If they would lower how much you can see using the cite of a gun (without a scope) and then increase the number of bullets by default the player can take, it think the game would be great.

Side note, i just decided to get Halo 3 for winning the contest :)

[quote name='SynGamer']My 2 gripes with COD4 are;
If they would lower how much you can see using the cite of a gun (without a scope) and then increase the number of bullets by default the player can take, it think the game would be great.

Side note, i just decided to get Halo 3 for winning the contest :)[/QUOTE]
Ya that's the one thing I liked about R6:Vegas over CoD4 beta. Armor Customization!

In Vegas you could have a ton of armor, but your mobility would be severely reduced.

just got my invite tonight and played for a hour or so and got to lvl 8.

feels a lot like COD 1 & 2 which i loved.

had a hard time getting headshots though, even though my aim was precise.

[quote name='$hady']Codes still coming via email. My friend got his just after midnight last night.[/quote]

Same here, friend got his code (finally).

[quote name='varsitygamer']still no code here!

call me impatient, but i would really like to play.[/quote]

I dont think your impatient I just think we were promise something and it isn't here. Sort of horse shit if you ask me.

[quote name='SynGamer']My 2 gripes with COD4 are;

Side note, i just decided to get Halo 3 for winning the contest :)[/quote]

Well, the life expectancy is what gives this game is COD name.

I also agree with the user who said this would be more fun with more maps and no level caps. Thats a given.

[quote name='help1']Well, the life expectancy is what gives this game is COD name.

I also agree with the user who said this would be more fun with more maps and no level caps. Thats a given.[/quote]

We're talking probably 1-2 seconds of bullets from a distance of anywhere from 5-50 feet...

I played recently and in the first game I went like -8 or so, which is pretty damn bad. Then I jumped on another map and went +16 and people were saying I was cheating. Not mention all the people on there calling other people "noobs." Yes, the beta has been up for a week and the noob calling has already started. Certainly feels like Xbox LIVE!

I haven't got much noob calling at all. My advice is stay away from Free for all and Team Deathmatch and instead play team tactical. The people that play that seem to be nicer.

[quote name='Maynard']I dont think your impatient I just think we were promise something and it isn't here. Sort of horse shit if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

dude its free, the only horse that should be mentioned, is don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You will get it when you get it. They didnt have to do a beta at all. They could have done it all internally.

Is anyone else have trouble finding people to play half the time i try to find a game i end up in an empty room by myself. Just curious if it was just me or if it is everyone

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']dude its free, the only horse that should be mentioned, is don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You will get it when you get it. They didnt have to do a beta at all. They could have done it all internally.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, don't post that logic without posting the flipside about how we are testing the game for them for free.

That said, I still don't have one even though they said I would and I'm pissed about it.

[quote name='Sporadic']Exactly, don't post that logic without posting the flipside about how we are testing the game for them for free.

That said, I still don't have one even though they said I would and I'm pissed about it.[/QUOTE]

No he's got a point this is all unacceptable they are within 2 months of release this is hardly a beta rather a marketing blitz. This is a failure on their part to promote the game. Not many changes can be made in this time period IW even mentioned they are basically done at this point on a video interview on gametrailers.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']No he's got a point this is all unacceptable they are within 2 months of release this is hardly a beta rather a marketing blitz. This is a failure on their part to promote the game. Not many changes can be made in this time period IW even mentioned they are basically done at this point on a video interview on gametrailers.[/quote]

The whole point of the beta in this case is to test the servers. Obviously there will be small game tweaks as well as network tweaking, but that is what the beta is for...

[quote name='valor19']I played recently and in the first game I went like -8 or so, which is pretty damn bad. Then I jumped on another map and went +16 and people were saying I was cheating. Not mention all the people on there calling other people "noobs." Yes, the beta has been up for a week and the noob calling has already started. Certainly feels like Xbox LIVE![/quote]

how the hell did u get -8 :lol: . Well 16 is nothing in the game, I've seen people rank up 30-45 kills in team death match and in death match, so calling you cheater is actually compliment. I've been playing the beta more then a week and I haven't heard anyone calling someone a noob.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']dude its free, the only horse that should be mentioned, is don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You will get it when you get it. They didnt have to do a beta at all. They could have done it all internally.

Is anyone else have trouble finding people to play half the time i try to find a game i end up in an empty room by myself. Just curious if it was just me or if it is everyone[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you ALREADY have your beta token, and have been playing the game.

A lot of us haven't.

Just because "they didn't have to do a beta at all" doesn't mean they can dick around the people who will be testing their game for them for free. Believe it or not, it's more frustrating to know that you're in the beta but unable to play the game than it would have been to know you just flat out weren't chosen for this round of testing (had they stuck to the raffle system). Their communication has been piss poor, what with half of the solid information coming from some dude's blog. fuck, I'd be happy with a timeframe! Tell me the last of the tokens will be sent out by next Wednesday and I'd shut the fuck up and refresh my email for the next four days.

[quote name='valor19']I played recently and in the first game I went like -8 or so, which is pretty damn bad. Then I jumped on another map and went +16 and people were saying I was cheating. Not mention all the people on there calling other people "noobs." Yes, the beta has been up for a week and the noob calling has already started. Certainly feels like Xbox LIVE![/quote]

This is why I haven't played much since they did this last batch of invites. Half the games are fucking europeans with shitty pings and/or different languages, and the other half are the american thugs pretending they are playing halo 3.

The crowd was pretty good, with the exception of a few average dipshits, last week.

[quote name='Surferflames']This is why I haven't played much since they did this last batch of invites. Half the games are fucking europeans with shitty pings and/or different languages, and the other half are the american thugs pretending they are playing halo 3.

The crowd was pretty good, with the exception of a few average dipshits, last week.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've decided to stick to mostly objective based gameplay and it's certainly a better audience. Of course, I do sometimes end up in a match or two with foreigners who can't speak english and don't realize they are in an objective based match. If you get a good group of people, the seek & destroy missions are tons of fun.

[quote name='valor19']I love the M4... really. In fact, I'm building an AR-15 M4 clone. However, the M16A4 that has a 3 round burst is a lot better when you mix in long range since it keeps it's accuracy.

Also, I do agree it can get stale but with more maps and no level cap, it could be a lot of fun. It certainly plays like a COD game (for those who haven't played the beta yet) and certainly looks good, but I wonder how it will hold against so much damn competition come the holiday season.[/quote]i find the ak to be a better choice for me since it has full auto. once you get the red dot sight kill ability jumps greatly.

I'm starting to think I may have deleted mine by mistake, if it got sent to my spam mail I just empty it without even looking what is in there. I've been checking the last few days since people said it may be marked as spam, but ya, I think I may have deleted mine. Cuz unless it was disguised as a "increase the size of your wang" mail, I haven't seen it.

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm starting to think I may have deleted mine by mistake, if it got sent to my spam mail I just empty it without even looking what is in there. I've been checking the last few days since people said it may be marked as spam, but ya, I think I may have deleted mine. Cuz unless it was disguised as a "increase the size of your wang" mail, I haven't seen it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm starting to think I may have deleted mine by mistake, if it got sent to my spam mail I just empty it without even looking what is in there. I've been checking the last few days since people said it may be marked as spam, but ya, I think I may have deleted mine. Cuz unless it was disguised as a "increase the size of your wang" mail, I haven't seen it.[/quote]
Do you have Gmail? Im going to go check my Gmail account to see if it came as spam or in my regular inbox. Results soon!

EDIT: It came in my Inbox folder, and I used Gmail.

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm starting to think I may have deleted mine by mistake, if it got sent to my spam mail I just empty it without even looking what is in there. I've been checking the last few days since people said it may be marked as spam, but ya, I think I may have deleted mine. Cuz unless it was disguised as a "increase the size of your wang" mail, I haven't seen it.[/quote] Yay, finally got mine. But try e-mailing them. I think its [email protected] Look in the beta faq part in charlieoscardelta.com, there should be an e-mail for "lost" tokens.

I played about a dozen team deathmatch games today and had a lot of fun. I never had a problem getting in a game, it always took less then 15 seconds.
For some reason the graphics in the beta kind of remind me of the first Killzone.

bread's done
Back