Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

I've pretty much just screwed around with it here and there, but I'm almost L7. I'm pretty horrible, but it's still a fun game - there's not many better sounds than the grenade launcher bouncing off of someone's head. Explosive kills are wonderful.

I've got less than 3 hours of gameplay in and I'm at level 8 I think. I'm really having a lot of fun playing despite never coming the in top 5 of a free-for-all game.

*edit*

Exactally 3 hours and I am at level 10.

[quote name='triforcer']the achievement list is out and it's all single player!
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/callofduty4/

i find that pretty refreshing and it works out since COD4 has it's own challenge system for multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Thats been posted 4 times over and for about a month. Thanks Though. I also like how they didn't do any MP achievements. The challenge system is off the hook.

from the multiplayer games i've been playing online, it just seems more like a hastle than fun trying to get achievements online. unless they're cooperative achievements.

oh, and i wasn't sure that they were listed i was expecting linkin to update the first post if that was the case.

Hey guys do you have any Idea why I would be stalled at lvl 15? I have played 5 rounds and got over 100 xp and every time my stats show up it sows **49/**50 no matter how many people i kill.

Nvm I figured it out.

slight of hand increases the speed you reload your gun and martydom causes you to drop a grenade when you get killed.

[quote name='triforcer']slight of hand increases the speed you reload your gun and martydom causes you to drop a grenade when you get killed.[/quote]

is friendly fire on in COD with nades etc?

[quote name='seen']is friendly fire on in COD with nades etc?[/QUOTE]

No, friendly fire is off. In fact, I don't even think you can kill your teammates with your own grenade accidentally. However, you can still kill yourself with your own nade, lol.

Anybody here as obsessed with the M16 as I am? It is basically the only weapon i use. it is just amazing when u got a sniper perched at a long distance and i knock him off the building with 3 three-round bursts.

It really is nice to use at all distances, one good burst to the chest/face is a kill.

Wow, I suck at this game....basically, everyone is like a level 16, and I am only at level 3. Thus, my gun selection appears to be different. Still learning though.

How do you call in helicopters and planes?

[quote name='sasukekun']No ff on explosive nades (this includes C4), but yes on flash/stun.[/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't think you could stun or flash your allies.

[quote name='doubledown']
How do you call in helicopters and planes?[/QUOTE]

To call an air strike you need to have a kill streak of 5 and 7 for the helicopter.

I was able to sign up on the Swedish site and get an e-mail rather quickly, I confirmed my account and logged in but when I went to the Beta site there is no green button, only a red button that says "Betanycklarna ar slut." Now I don't speak but I'm assuming it says "No Beta for you, slut." This made me sad. It was bad enough I couldn't get a code, but then to be insulted... I suppose I'll go back to waiting for midnight.

[quote name='yaTTa1337']I was able to sign up on the Swedish site and get an e-mail rather quickly, I confirmed my account and logged in but when I went to the Beta site there is no green button, only a red button that says "Betanycklarna ar slut." Now I don't speak but I'm assuming it says "No Beta for you, slut." This made me sad. It was bad enough I couldn't get a code, but then to be insulted... I suppose I'll go back to waiting for midnight.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, it apparently means something to the effect of Beta key is failing.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, I suck at this game....basically, everyone is like a level 16, and I am only at level 3. Thus, my gun selection appears to be different. Still learning though.

How do you call in helicopters and planes?[/QUOTE]

To get an airstrike you have to get 5 kills without dying, and to get a helicopter you have to get 7 kills.

Also, when you get 3 kills, you'll get a UAV which will show you the location of your enemies for 30 seconds. You activate all of these by pressing right on the d-pad.

[quote name='Pestilence']Anybody here as obsessed with the M16 as I am? It is basically the only weapon i use. it is just amazing when u got a sniper perched at a long distance and i knock him off the building with 3 three-round bursts.

It really is nice to use at all distances, one good burst to the chest/face is a kill.[/quote]m16 is the way to go for best balance and it's what i use to play my best. but for a map like vacant i go with mp5 silenced.

I totally underestimated the silencer, it freaking pwns the red dot. Not being detected on the radar is super useful and I just went 60 - 10 in 3 matches. Being completely invisible would be great but I can't justify trading up Stopping Power for the UAV Jammer.

[quote name='triforcer']m16 is the way to go for best balance and it's what i use to play my best. but for a map like vacant i go with mp5 silenced.[/quote]

Yup, same here. I use M16 for all maps except vacant, where you need a good low-recoil weapon.

Just Deleted BETA. No point in WASTING space. CoD 4 sucked, i know its just a BETA though, ill at least give the real version a rent or two.

[quote name='Kendro']I totally underestimated the silencer, it freaking pwns the red dot. Not being detected on the radar is super useful and I just went 60 - 10 in 3 matches. Being completely invisible would be great but I can't justify trading up Stopping Power for the UAV Jammer.[/quote]but then the kill cam gives you away, but yea too bad stopping power is too important to give up to the UAV.

[quote name='yukine']I'm hoping it's just a restriction for the beta, as I like to play with FF on.[/quote]
I'm guessing FF is off on grenades so that people who have the perk where you drop a grenade when you die don't kill their teammates all the time.

I'm torn. I really, really like this demo but I am starting to feel like I'm wasting my time leveling up knowing it will be over soon. I'm not very good at Halo 3 and I should probably brush up on that.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm torn. I really, really like this demo but I am starting to feel like I'm wasting my time leveling up knowing it will be over soon. I'm not very good at Halo 3 and I should probably brush up on that.[/QUOTE]

The fact that Halo 3 has no iron sights really puts me off.

Hey guys, I just picked up an Xbox Elite. I would really appreciate it if one of my fellow CAGs could hook me up with a code to download the beta. I really want to check this game out for myself after all the rave reviews its getting.

Thanks alot guys, hopefully I'll see you guys in the game!

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']The fact that Halo 3 has no iron sights really puts me off.[/quote]i felt that way too after playing the beta than going to halo 3. it feels too arcadey when shooting shooting from the hip like that. you do get used to it though, but i miss it a lot.

[quote name='h3ro']Hey guys, I just picked up an Xbox Elite. I would really appreciate it if one of my fellow CAGs could hook me up with a code to download the beta. I really want to check this game out for myself after all the rave reviews its getting.

Thanks alot guys, hopefully I'll see you guys in the game![/QUOTE]

I think there is only 2 days left. Good luck finding one, I hope you can get some time in before it is over.

Have at it.

V8CQG-JQR27-64GYX-B82WR-RXGR6
V6KGF-D2GM4-JRKVG-4RCDX-B9KV3

GONE

I wish the game would stop kicking me out to the dashboard so I could level up though. :bomb:

[quote name='Mojimbo']Have at it.

V8CQG-JQR27-64GYX-B82WR-RXGR6
V6KGF-D2GM4-JRKVG-4RCDX-B9KV3

I wish the game would stop kicking me out to the dashboard so I could level up though. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Both used. Thanks for posting, whoever used them.

edit: got a code. Thanks Kendro :)

haha I was playing with you. I didnt do so hot though. I dont think there was much ass handing unless I killed you a lot. I don't pay much attention to who Im killing. :p

[quote name='magiic']haha I was playing with you. I didnt do so hot though. I dont think there was much ass handing unless I killed you a lot. I don't pay much attention to who Im killing. :p[/QUOTE]

Oh you killed me plenty :cool:

I wonder if we never ended up on a random team together because we both had the same tag?

Last one.

QH4TC-BCCX2-G9GCT-YWJXD-PK463

Maxed out at Level 25 last night, I think it took around 4 or 5 hours. Claymores are awesome but the G3 with iron sights is a little too slow and inaccurate. Perhaps it shines with a red dot though.

[quote name='SNKMat']any deals on this?[/quote]

I reserved locally so I can have it first day.

Best Buy has a $5 off coupon when you reserve it, and you get a crappy little poster.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Best Buy has a $5 off coupon when you reserve it, and you get a crappy little poster.[/quote]

However, IIRC, the coupon is valid on COD games other than COD4. I too got all excited when I saw that in the box at first.

bread's done
Back