Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']I'd rather pick it up from CC for CoD3 but the extra day is definitely tempting.[/quote]

Buy it from Gamestop on Monday and enjoy it. On Tuesday go to CC and buy it with the free COD3. Go to Gamestop on the way home and return the new sealed copy you just got at CC to Gamestop using yesterdays GS receipt. While youre there, trade in COD3. You can have your cake and eat it too.

I'm playing through the single player now and it is absolutely awesome. I started out on Hardened, but it seems fairly easy so far. So i suggest playing on Veteran if you are familiar with FPS.
I like how the entire time you are playing there's a lot of stuff going on. Think Call of Duty 2 and you've pretty much got it on the head.

I got lucky with an old lady at my TRU who sold it early.

[quote name='Nugzy']Buy it from Gamestop on Monday and enjoy it. On Tuesday go to CC and buy it with the free COD3. Go to Gamestop on the way home and return the new sealed copy you just got at CC to Gamestop using yesterdays GS receipt. While youre there, trade in COD3. You can have your cake and eat it too.[/QUOTE]

Well, there is one flaw in this plan because most of CC games that I've purchase have this big ugly sticker on it so good luck finding one without it.

I hope that I can PM this at Bestbuy because I don't like CC anyway or my local Sears but I doubt Sears will have Call of Duty 3 in stock.

[quote name='bobthecat23']n e kno if i buy cod4 at cc return it i will keep the cod3 i did this with FF11 and kameo bought kameo and got ff11 for free and then returned kameo and kept FF11 and had no problems[/QUOTE]

That is fraud my good sir (It isn't tolerated much here, so I wouldn't talk about it too much). Knowing them as long as it rings up free you should be good (I personally wouldn't go through the hassle because I would rather play the newer game).

Some GameCrazy's will be getting this tomorrow. My district is going to the airport to pick it up. I get mine tomorrow morning at 1030am :bouncy:

Sweet the I actually preordered at GS something I don't normally do but I was taking advantage of a trade deal and then moved my credit to this. This store usually goes and picks up the big releases from the airport terminal as well. HOPEFULLY I can pick this up on my way to work tomorrow afternoon and then have a long evening waiting to get home and crack it open! :D

There is no question about what system to buy a game on if it has online play. Xbox Live wins every time plus nerd points!

[quote name='Masterkyo']I stick with CC deal. Buy COD4 & Get COD3 Free plus $10 Free GC when u spend $39.99 or more. :)[/quote]

Whats this GC you speak of? I couldn't find anything on it anywhere.

I got the call last night as well, and I just called my local GS and they said they are able to release them tonight. Awesome!

Just called my local GS and the dick manager is back at this store now... I can't stand this fucker... Oh yea and they won't have it till tomorrow... He said they'd be getting them today probably but selling tomorrow.

Ive read up on this game on various websites and am STILL disappointed they moved away from WWII. I think I am in the minority on this. Tell me CAG, what is so great about this game to you? Why is it being talked about as GOTY and what is so different from this and other run of the mill FPS's?

[quote name='pittpizza']Ive read up on this game on various websites and am STILL disappointed they moved away from WWII. I think I am in the minority on this. Tell me CAG, what is so great about this game to you? Why is it being talked about as GOTY and what is so different from this and other run of the mill FPS's?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Read a preview or 20, or the two reviews. Here, free of charge:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/939212.asp

Online was AWESOME right up there with Halo and CoD series always has top notch single player. WWII has been done to death you probably the only one sad to see it go..

I still love my WW2 shooters, and still look forward to new ones (I've been playing them since the first PC Medal of Honor game). That said, I have no issue with CoD4 going modern and will (hopefully) be picking it up today or tomorrow after work :D There's more than enough good WW2 shooters out there to keep my love of the genre happy.

[quote name='pittpizza']Ive read up on this game on various websites and am STILL disappointed they moved away from WWII. I think I am in the minority on this. Tell me CAG, what is so great about this game to you? Why is it being talked about as GOTY and what is so different from this and other run of the mill FPS's?[/quote]

This is why we all think you're mildy retarded.

Play the game and you'll understand.

[quote name='pittpizza']Ive read up on this game on various websites and am STILL disappointed they moved away from WWII. I think I am in the minority on this. Tell me CAG, what is so great about this game to you? Why is it being talked about as GOTY and what is so different from this and other run of the mill FPS's?[/quote]

If you want WWII then go play CoD 1,2,3 or any of the other 25 or so available WWII shooters. There are hardly any modern era shooters that dont have Tom Clancy's name attached.

My Gamestops manager is on his way to the airport now to pick up the game. Im gonna meet him back at the store in about 2 hours. I cant wait to start playing this! :D

[quote name='Maynard']This is why we all think you're mildy retarded.

Play the game and you'll understand.[/quote]

Only mildly eh? Well, there is still time to get to know me. I'm flattered that that you and whoever "we all" is talk about me so much that you've availed yourself of a consensus. "We all" don't talk about you as much but I showed wifey your post about the chick who wanted to marry you for citizenship and "we all" got a kick out of that story.

I asked because I didnt get a chance to play the beta and don't know if I'm going to drop $60 on a new 360 game anytime soon. I also was looking for some personal opinions of what people thought of the game but, perhaps predictably, got less when solicited than usual when unsolicited.

Dang it, I have to wait until the weekend (getting mine from yourfree360games.com) I'm tempted to just go buy it, and then return it this weekend when my copy comes. Could I do that?

[quote name='pittpizza']Only mildly eh? Well, there is still time to get to know me. I'm flattered that that you and whoever "we all" is talk about me so much that you've availed yourself of a consensus. "We all" don't talk about you as much but I showed wifey your post about the chick who wanted to marry you for citizenship and "we all" got a kick out of that story.

I asked because I didnt get a chance to play the beta and don't know if I'm going to drop $60 on a new 360 game anytime soon. I also was looking for some personal opinions of what people thought of the game but, perhaps predictably, got less when solicited than usual when unsolicited.[/QUOTE]

Why I liked it:

Weapon selection and customization - there are a ton of guns (even more in the real game than in the beta), and all of them feel different (load times, clip sizes, recoil, etc.) In addition to that you can trick yourself out with additional "perks" that are gained by leveling up/achieving experience. At first I thought I would hate this, but it's actually a lot of fun (and encourages you to play better). And, unlike most games, the leveling is tracked 100% by your performance in a game - so even if you have a terrible team, you can still improve your own stats by playing well. Add to this the in-game bonuses of radar/airstrike/helicopters and you really want to start racking up the kills.

Map layout / player movement speed - The beta featured 2 close quarters maps (which I loved) and one spread out one (which was still fun, but suffered without a lot of players). Player speed also felt appropriate to the game in a way that just made sense to me (I feel Halo 3 on default settings is just a little too slow for me).

Graphics - I really liked the textures used. This might just be a personal thing, but I thought all the environments were really well done.

[quote name='pittpizza']Only mildly eh? Well, there is still time to get to know me. I'm flattered that that you and whoever "we all" is talk about me so much that you've availed yourself of a consensus. "We all" don't talk about you as much but I showed wifey your post about the chick who wanted to marry you for citizenship and "we all" got a kick out of that story.

I asked because I didnt get a chance to play the beta and don't know if I'm going to drop $60 on a new 360 game anytime soon. I also was looking for some personal opinions of what people thought of the game but, perhaps predictably, got less when solicited than usual when unsolicited.[/quote]

Since your condition may hinder this convo (short for conversation) I'll dumb this down.

"we all" refers to the people posting in this thread who are drooling over this game. If you had been posting or reading through the entire thread the general consensus is that WWII is fucking lame and done. So with that being said we get to the "we all" that I quoted.

ALSO thanks for bringing up my story with Alma. It definitely happened if your trying to state that I didn't, but thats neither here nor there.

[quote name='Sockey']Does anybody know if it will support 8 player system link (on two xbox 360s)? I really need to know this soon. Thanks[/quote]

I dont think it does. How come you would want that?

[quote name='Maynard']I dont think it does. How come you would want that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, LAN party. Anyway, COD 2 supported only 1 person per xbox in LAN while COD 3 allowed 4.

I assume COD 4 wouldn't go backwards but I just want to make sure. So does anybody know?

Guys, just wanted to drop by real quick and mention that we've got Infinity Ward on tonight's live show. You can get all the details here. That's all the shilling you'll get from me, but since it dealt with COD4, figured some of you might be interested.

Im up to level 10 already. Its fraking orgasmic its soo good. I already like it more than Halo 3 or Team Fortress.

The scary thing is, when I got into my first game over 2 hours ago, there was a guy who was level 36 already. And several people in the 20's. I dunno how they managed that.

Im goin back in, and only stopping for an hour at 9 to watch Heroes.

You need to RUN to the store and GET THIS GAME! :D

Im at a Tough Decision, I have 3 choices for tomorrow:

1: Wait for Youfree360 to send me my order (been over two weeks and still no GHIII)

2: Use my store credit at gamestop

3: Use actual money and get the Circuit City deal for COD4 & 3

You guys got any advice?

[quote name='joe2187']Im at a Tough Decision, I have 3 choices for tomorrow:

1: Wait for Youfree360 to send me my order (been over two weeks and still no GHIII)

You guys got any advice?[/quote]

Are you really going to play COD3?

[quote name='joe2187']Im at a Tough Decision, I have 3 choices for tomorrow:

You guys got any advice?[/quote]

Number 2. You don't have to spend any actual money.

quick question, does meijer sell new releases at midnight? or is there some set time in the morning that they would? my roommate and i want to get this tonight if at all possible.

I hate buying games like this where I know the sequel will come out very soon.

I may get this though. I loved the Beta. Any improvements since the beta?

There are slight improvements over the beta.

What do you mean the sequel will come out soon after?

COD5 hasn't even been announced.

bread's done
Back