Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']How much do you guys that are in prestige play? I am only level thirty on my first go through and it takes me forever to rank up. I'm not to bad at the game either.[/QUOTE]

Well, it took my first go around about a week in a half because I didn't know how many points you could get by playing Search & Destroy and Headquarters until I was around rank 35 when I started to see a few people on my friends list weren't playing Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All which what I was playing. I normally would play though a couple a hours each day and about 5 or more on weekends.

Second go around took me about a week because I mainly focused all of my gameplay on Headquarters. You can get well over a thousand points if you do enough challenges and your match bonus to rank up quickly.

The main way I finish challenges is by using each weapon. I max out the kills with all of the Assault Riffles, SMG, and LMG. I really like automatic weapons unlike mosts because I don't really care that much about kill/death ratio I just try to focus on winning.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']How much do you guys that are in prestige play? I am only level thirty on my first go through and it takes me forever to rank up. I'm not to bad at the game either.[/QUOTE]

Well, it took my first go around about a week in a half because I didn't know how many points you could get by playing Search & Destroy (Die once in a round but you get a lot of points for kills), Domination (Set flags that your team has to control but you get a lot of kills and 15 points every time you capture the flag), and Headquarters until I was around rank 35 when I started to see a few people on my friends list weren't playing Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All which what I was playing. I normally would play though a couple a hours each day and about 5 or more on weekends.

Second go around took me about a week because I mainly focused all of my gameplay on Headquarters (It is like Domination but the points switch after it is captured instead of being in a set spot all the time. You get 20 points for being the person that captures the point then your team as a whole each get 5 points each for every 5 seconds your team keeps the point secured. The only drawback is that once your team controls the point if you die you are dead until the other team destroys the point. The reason that most people play this mode is because you get up to 250 points just for being on the winning team before bonus or anything else). You can get well over a thousand points if you do enough challenges and your match bonus to rank up quickly.

The main way I finish challenges is by using each weapon. I max out the kills with all of the Assault Riffles, SMG, and LMG. I really like automatic weapons unlike most because I don't really care that much about kill/death ratio I just try to focus on winning.

[quote name='scuba t']#49 in education better than Mississippi[/QUOTE]
Mega-Fail.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']How much do you guys that are in prestige play? I am only level thirty on my first go through and it takes me forever to rank up. I'm not to bad at the game either.[/quote]

Play the objective based game types like Headquarters and Search & Destroy. S&D gives you 50 points per kill.

Level up your various weapons. Each weapon has a challenge for 25, 75, and 150 kills, worth 250, 500, and 1000 points. So if you get 150 kills with a weapon, thats 1750 points. Once you get it, switch out to another weapon and do it again.

Go to the 'Barracks' section and check your challenges and work towards them. Sprint to get your marathon challenge, cook your grenades, get crouched and prone kills, etc. There are even two challenges for falling from heights.

[quote name='help1']What difference does camo on the gun actually make?[/quote]

For me it's just a personal thing. Then again I play in standard def, so maybe in HD they actually blend in better with walls and whatnot.

[quote name='help1']What difference does camo on the gun actually make?[/quote]

When you unlock all the challanges in the barracks you get the Rainbow Camo, and your gun shoots skittles...taste the rainbow muddafuckas!!

[quote name='joe2187']When you unlock all the challanges in the barracks you get the Rainbow Camo, and your gun shoots skittles...taste the rainbow muddafuckas!![/quote]

You just brought back fond memories of Paintball mode in Goldeneye 64. :)

[quote name='Puffa469']You just brought back fond memories of Paintball mode in Goldeneye 64. :)[/quote] Ah, the good 'ol days of writing "BOOBIES" on the walls.

[quote name='moojuice']Ah, the good 'ol days of writing "BOOBIES" on the walls.[/quote]

Writing Boobies? I drew the boobies. And PENISESES!

[quote name='getmyrunon']You're just adding fuel to the fire. MI is the postal abbreviation for Michigan, not Mississippi. :applause: [/quote]
I know that I wasn't trying to start a flame war. I was just saying Alabama isn't the worst in education.

[quote name='getmyrunon']You're just adding fuel to the fire. MI is the postal abbreviation for Michigan, not Mississippi. :applause: [/quote]
Haha... He was just bragging about living in the second to last state in education, and NOT the worst.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']to look gangstahh boyy[/quote]

Thats lame, I thought it would be saints row-esque giving damage increase.

How did you guys beat that TV station part on veteran. I'm not sure what level it is but you go through a door and there are desks and stuff everywhere. There are a few rooms in the back, and a balcony that people shoot at you from too. There is a ton of enemy's that continually respawn and your AI do nothing unless your in the middle of the action (dying). It is like the 3 or fourth mission. Anyway, I'm stuck and was hoping for advice.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']How did you guys beat that TV station part on veteran. I'm not sure what level it is but you go through a door and there are desks and stuff everywhere. There are a few rooms in the back, and a balcony that people shoot at you from too. There is a ton of enemy's that continually respawn and your AI do nothing unless your in the middle of the action (dying). It is like the 3 or fourth mission. Anyway, I'm stuck and was hoping for advice.[/quote]Go around the perimeter using the adjacent rooms and keep moving forward to stop the spawning. Flashbangs, move forward and stave off the enemy AI for a few seconds and your AI buddies should move up with you. The tough part for me was making my way from the one media room over across to the other smaller room under the balcony. Once you're there, though, you can hit the checkpoint pretty easily near the stair exit.

Holy shit, I couldn't pass this up for $39.99 and I'm glad I bought it. The single player had me on the edge of my seat the whole time (even though it was short), and once I get access to XBL next month I'm sure the multiplayer will last for a damn long itme.

[quote name='menikmati']Holy shit, I couldn't pass this up for $39.99 and I'm glad I bought it. The single player had me on the edge of my seat the whole time (even though it was short), and once I get access to XBL next month I'm sure the multiplayer will last for a damn long itme.[/quote]

Next month? Get some free 48 hour codes and start playing online NOW! :D

[quote name='menikmati']Holy shit, I couldn't pass this up for $39.99 and I'm glad I bought it. The single player had me on the edge of my seat the whole time (even though it was short), and once I get access to XBL next month I'm sure the multiplayer will last for a damn long itme.[/quote]

psssst..

http://www.keepingittwisted.com/xbox_promo_landing.aspx

you can sign up as much as you want and continue to recieve 48 hour trials. i've been playing cod for a month or so now using these codes

[quote name='DJSteel']I had a chance to play with Puffa... very good gamer.. had a pretty good time..[/QUOTE]
:lol: at your Avatar/user title. Are you in cahoots with lilboo?

HEY GUYS!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you'll prob start seeing a lot of me in this thread.

Here is a little riddle for anybody who likes them:
My brother-in-law who live upstairs (my sister is my landlord) is going out of town for training for three weeks, so guess what game I am going to borrow!!?? (This is assuming of course that he is not takin his 360 with him, which me luck.)

[quote name='pittpizza']Here is a little riddle for anybody who likes them:
My brother-in-law who live upstairs (my sister is my landlord) is going out of town for training for three weeks, so guess what game I am going to borrow!!??[/quote]

:whistle2:k

Barbie's Horse Adventure?

[quote name='pittpizza']Here is a little riddle for anybody who likes them:
My brother-in-law who live upstairs (my sister is my landlord) is going out of town for training for three weeks, so guess what game I am going to borrow!!??[/QUOTE]
Hello Kitty Island Adventure ;)

No guys....good guesses though. Some were very close.

Anyway, I'll give you a hint: The game rhymes with "Yall a doodie whore!"

BTW, bro-in-law is indeed going out of town for 3 full weeks and is NOT taking his 360 with him: ergo, the game disc is sittin in my 360 waitin for me to get home.

[quote name='moojuice']Mall Barbie Four?[/quote]

Getting warmer. Another hint: The game's name has in it (1) Something you do on a telephone, (2) something you do on the toilet, and (3) a number. And it still rhymes with "Yall a doodie whore"

[quote name='pittpizza']Getting warmer. Another hint: The game's name has in it (1) Something you do on a telephone, (2) something you do on the toilet, and (3) a number. And it still rhymes with "Yall a doodie whore"[/quote]

ahh.. so it's a virtual boy title.. does it come with a toilet controller??

Man! You all have been dancing all around it. So close.

One more hint: It is mentioned in the title of this thread. It's right before - Out Now!

Another hint: It is on topic for this thread. It is the game this thread is all about.

[quote name='pittpizza']Getting warmer. Another hint: The game's name has in it (1) Something you do on a telephone, (2) something you do on the toilet, and (3) a number. And it still rhymes with "Yall a doodie whore"[/QUOTE]

bAss Phising 3?

[quote name='joe2187']Booty Call 4: The Return of the Pimp?[/quote]

Very funny, okay this is making this thread boring and pretty lame. Obviously I got ahold of Call of Duty 4. I'm really lookin forward to havin it for 3 weeks. Obviously I'll have plenty of time for the campaign so I'll prob play through first on one notch harder than normal, which is called the___________? difficulty.

How are the difficulty levels named and which did you play them on? Do the acheivements stack (meaning a playthrough on hard will give you all the hard AND normal achs?)

Forget single player, get your ass online and start leveling up. 3 weeks is enough time to get to 55.

[quote name='pittpizza']Very funny, okay this is making this thread boring and pretty lame. Obviously I got ahold of Call of Duty 4. I'm really lookin forward to havin it for 3 weeks. Obviously I'll have plenty of time for the campaign so I'll prob play through first on one notch harder than normal, which is called the___________? difficulty.

How are the difficulty levels named and which did you play them on? Do the acheivements stack (meaning a playthrough on hard will give you all the hard AND normal achs?)[/quote]

I figured since all the achs were for the campaign, and I heard the campaign is really good, abeit really short, its wortha play through.

Then perhaps I wont get owned as much my first couple of online matches but I probably will.

anybody else having problems playing online after the new dashboard update? both my roommate's and I are having our 360's freeze up in the multiplayer menu whenever we select anything, it freezes, comes back, freezes, comes back. both same problem, everything was fine a few days ago before the update and now it's all fucked and we can't play online. :bomb:

[quote name='AshesofWake']anybody else having problems playing online after the new dashboard update? both my roommate's and I are having our 360's freeze up in the multiplayer menu whenever we select anything, it freezes, comes back, freezes, comes back. both same problem, everything was fine a few days ago before the update and now it's all fucked and we can't play online. :bomb:[/quote]

yep. same here.

single player works fine, once i go into Xbox Live option, everything goes to shit. my theory: more resources put into the guide being smoother, fucked over the rest of the system. i dunno. if anybody else is having this problem lmk, maybe we are the only ones...

My game crashed once and then it worked fine after that. I played a few matches online with no issues.

I think right now everyone and their mother is getting the dashboard update from Live, and its mucking everything up. Ive had lots of issues since I updated a few hours ago. Its taking me way long to log into Live, leaderboards for XbLA games are not coming up, even the stuff in the store isnt loading up right for me.

Im going out for a while, hopefully when I come back things will have calmed down some.

[quote name='HighlightShow']What is up with the CoD4 servers today?[/QUOTE]
I'm not home to see it for myself, but Xbox.com is acting funny.

I'd attribute it to this morning's Dashboard update.

bread's done
Back