Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='help1']See, normally I would blame it on my self, but this time I did nothing of the sort because my younger brother was in the room...

I also went in to headquarters alone, no party, so that maybe why.[/QUOTE]
eh that sucks. play with cags. zero assholes and a lot of fun.

just to be a showoff jerk my best is 173-34

As for Helicopters, don't use RPGs. They are just to hard to hit a helicopter with unless its right in front of you hovering. A LMG has the range to shoot it down from across the map with burst control firing.

As for perks go, depends on the gametype. I use UAV jammer on gametypes where there is alot of action so a high chance of UAV's. But if I use UAV jammer I use a silencer as well, some people don't do that and I think its pointless. Why be invisible to the radar jammer but as soon as you get a kill show yourself on the radar?

[quote name='HighlightShow']Stopping Power is the best "red" perk in my opinion, I always end up having the most kills with it rather than any other perk.[/quote]

Yea, "Stopping Power" is the best in its class, with Juggernaut in a close second. M16 with red dot, plus stopping power equals instant death when shot.

I only have one custom class that uses UAV jammer, and that is my stealth class, but I never use the stealth class since I always go 1 for 1 in that, and with the M16 I get awesome numbers.

2 favorite custom classes:

M4 w/ silencer (no joke)
3 Frags (yeah yeah, such a noob perk, but personally there isn't that much better perks, except for the claymore)
Stopping Power
Last stand (w/ DEagle)

M16 w/ Red Dot
3 Frags
Stopping Power
Steady Shot

M4 is pretty much the only way to stop the nubs with their P90

I rarely use 3 grenades because I mostly play headquarters. Without bandolier I run out of ammo quiet often. Plus unless I feel like Brett Favre and just want to throw the grenades in the air in hopes of a lucky toss I only need 1 to clear most rooms as the hiding spots are obvious

Yeah, I only play team deathmatch and usually do pretty good with 3 frags. Gotta love those random tosses at the spawn and hitting the jackpot with them. Luckiest shot was 3 with 1 grenade when I threw it at spawn point.

[quote name='chex20']Yeah, I only play team deathmatch and usually do pretty good with 3 frags. Gotta love those random tosses at the spawn and hitting the jackpot with them. Luckiest shot was 3 with 1 grenade when I threw it at spawn point.[/QUOTE]

On vacant I threw a grenade near one of the spawns (i sprinted over there as soon as the match started), I killed 5. Instant air strike.

I started that match like 20-0 haha.

What are everyone stats now? Been a while...

Kills:18010
Deaths:9008
Ratio:2.00
Streak:31
Accuracy:21.54%

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']anyone else still having problems with COD4 multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

I've been having dashboard/online problems off & on since the big LIVE Christmas crash.

I can't even get online, it always fails at "Xbox Live" part of the test. Even, if by some miracle get on, it then says "You need an active connection to play....blah blah blah." crap.

Whatever, cluster bombs/infinite ammo in SP = Win.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i stopped playing veteran after a million tries on one shot one kill or whatever its called, at the end where you have to put mcmillian or mcdaniels down and hold off til you helicopter comes and rescues you after like 5 mins or so, I made it to the very end about 3 times and i would get killed getting on the helicopter or the helicopter left or some dumb ass soldier was in the way, after that level i didnt feel like playing veteran no more lol, and mile high is a bitch on veteran[/QUOTE]

The AI has gotten me killed more than they have actually helped. They jam up doors & let enemies stand next them without shooting back.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']And I would rather not play in games that last that frickin' long. Nowdays, I am almost exclusively a Free for All player.[/QUOTE]
It was as long as yours. Ranked matches are the same time limit I thought?

[quote name='chex20']I can't even get online, it always fails at "Xbox Live" part of the test. Even, if by some miracle get on, it then says "You need an active connection to play....blah blah blah." crap.

Whatever, cluster bombs/infinite ammo in SP = Win.[/QUOTE]
What's the error status code? You could be banned.

[quote name='zewone']

What's the error status code? You could be banned.[/quote]

I know I'm not banned cause it says "Technical Configuration Error"...yeah, more like Xbox Live Failure.

Finally took down a chopper in a free for all to knock out that challenge.

Must have got lucky as I hit it with one RPG and it went down, so I guess some of the other players had weakened it already.

I'm slowly getting better. Kill death ratio is bad, around 2 deaths for every kill. But I'm at least getting some games on the positive side now. Playing more cautious, sneaking around, staying in corners etc. Getting the scope for the M16 last night helped as well.

yea my 360 freezes now. dashboard is VERY slow and ive had a coupel lockups today during cod4 live menus. the freezing hadnt happened until today.

just finished a nice session. Had some dashboard trouble but most of my matches were okay. I'm pretty solid at about 1:1 kills:deaths...got maybe 20 more kills than deaths overall. Managed to take down a chopper, too, which was nice. RPGs are harder than a motherfucker to aim with, but when i finally got a hit, i took it down with my M4 :)

im surprised mile high took that long for some of you guys. got it within the hour. the strategy is to use the flashbangs whenever you enter a new room, or when you know they're gonna come down. so it's gonna be 2 at the bottom and 2 on the top floors. try not to reload as much, i think i reload my mp5 twice in the whole run.

[quote name='TahoeMax']just finished a nice session. Had some dashboard trouble but most of my matches were okay. I'm pretty solid at about 1:1 kills:deaths...got maybe 20 more kills than deaths overall. Managed to take down a chopper, too, which was nice. RPGs are harder than a motherfucker to aim with, but when i finally got a hit, i took it down with my M4 :)[/QUOTE]

You're using the RPG incorrectly.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KVyykFS3dY[/MEDIA]

but at least this didn't happen.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBWi2GL2CTc&NR=1[/MEDIA]

Ok. I need some tips on how to improve my play. I've been playing for hours now and I still suck. I've had maybe one or 2 games with a 1:1 ratio but most of the time, I'm more like 1:3 or so. I'm level 18 and trying to complete my sniper challenges. I suck with the SMG and LMG, mostly because I get no sight. Any tips for me?

well the obvious one is only use the sniper rifle on maps with grass in it or that are large open areas. overgrown, pipeline, and bog are my favorites to snipe. start using an assault rifle, m16 or m4 until you get the red dot sight for it because the iron sights suck. don't expect to do too well with a weapon's regular iron sight for medium and far ranged targets and i recommend using stopping power as a perk. o and aways pay attention to the radar and where your friends get killed.

[quote name='triforcer']well the obvious one is only use the sniper rifle on maps with grass in it or that are large open areas. overgrown, pipeline, and bog are my favorites to snipe. start using an assault rifle, m16 or m4 until you get the red dot sight for it because the iron sights suck. don't expect to do too well with a weapon's regular iron sight for medium and far ranged targets and i recommend using stopping power as a perk. o and aways pay attention to the radar and where your friends get killed.[/QUOTE]
I've noticed the effectiveness of the sniper rifle on those maps (though I *hate* bog). The issue is that I can't use the damned iron sight and at least I get something with the sniper rifle.... Whenever I can, I'll pick up a gun with a red dot sight and drop my pistol and go with that... I'll have to work on paying attention to the radar more.

I would really avoid sniping, the accuracy of snipers are crap and require a higher learning curve in my opinion.

Really try sticking with a m16+red dot. If you cant get used to it try it for longer to get used to it. Its pretty much the best gun in the game

If your having problems with the m16 and want full auto, use LMG's. They are cheap and overpowerd so have fun with them

rpd+doubletap=p90 by the way

I want to play with the CAG group tonight .......but the friends list is full what is the new CAG group name.

[quote name='-BigC-']Really try sticking with a m16+red dot. If you cant get used to it try it for longer to get used to it. Its pretty much the best gun in the game[/quote]

Do this.

Yep, get Red Dot on M16 at 25 kills, makes things much easier. Then at 150 kills you'll get a scope. Some still like the red dot better. I prefer the scope personally.

[quote name='-BigC-']I would really avoid sniping, the accuracy of snipers are crap and require a higher learning curve in my opinion.

Really try sticking with a m16+red dot. If you cant get used to it try it for longer to get used to it. Its pretty much the best gun in the game

If your having problems with the m16 and want full auto, use LMG's. They are cheap and overpowerd so have fun with them

rpd+doubletap=p90 by the way[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by "doubletap"? edit: I found it. It's a perk. When do I get it?

I'm 11 kills away from the red dot on the M4. I haven't used the M16. Should I switch? Of course, none of this may matter because I can't fucking get into a game!@!@!! I wish they'd fix these damned problems already.

I don't know what to make of these connection problems anymore. They're not making any sense. I can join some game modes, but not others. Yesterday I could only do team deathmatches; today I could only do domination. I really don't understand what's going on.

[quote name='HotShotX']You're still talking about CoD4, right?

~HotShotX[/quote]
Haha, I posted that in the "COD4 Veteran Difficulty: Has Anyone Beat The Mile High?" thread before it got merged with this one.

Don't know when you get doubletap, I rarely ever use it so I don't know. In my opinion its super cheap but sounds like you might need that just to hang.

Yes you should switch, I think the longer you use the m4 the harder it will be. It isn't fully auto. But it is really accurate(I can shoot better at distance with the m16 then a sniper) drops people if you hit them in the chest most of the time in 1 shot, and isn't really heavy like the LMG's.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Good playing with the CAGs tonight.

No Country for Old Men is still overrated.[/QUOTE]
I'm giving you the big-ups award for having the balls to back me up, even if I was slightly off base.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm giving you the big-ups award for having the balls to back me up, even if I was slightly off base.[/QUOTE]

NP. I got tired of Jimmie's yappin.

The way the message of the film was just thrown into the audience's face over and over was just tiresome.

BTW, I think Juno and 3:10 to Yuma are better movies.

Do people, who after integrating themselves into the CheapAss community, use the clan tag "CAG"? If so, I have seen a few of you around the COD4 world. If not, a bunch of people have stolen your clan tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to play with you all. MoH:Heroes 2 on Wii is so boring. No one is actually "good" even when game is like 3M+ old.. I need more excitement. Hopefully I can get into the new group.

[quote name='KoalaBob']Do people, who after integrating themselves into the CheapAss community, use the clan tag "CAG"? If so, I have seen a few of you around the COD4 world. If not, a bunch of people have stolen your clan tag. 0_~[/quote]

I don't use it. It is in my GT. [CAG]CAGKendal just looks dumb. I switch it around.

bread's done
Back