Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

Well XBL sucked tonight. I mean, I sucked tonight. :D I got into several games with no problems. I kinda wish I woulda had problems considering how poorly I played....

[quote name='torifile']Well XBL sucked tonight. I mean, I sucked tonight. :D I got into several games with no problems. I kinda wish I woulda had problems considering how poorly I played....[/QUOTE]

LOL, I had to re-read because XBL was (finally) working flawlessly for me last night. I really love this game.

I think it is with COD4 b/c everytime I've had problems with COD4 I will go into Gears of War multiplayer and it is working fine.

I can get into a game 8 out of 10 times but when I'm partied up with a few friends it only works about half to 2/3rd of the time.

It could have something to do with NAT errors. Those occur when Either your router (or your friend's) doesn't support uPnP or the ports are closed. You can fix this pretty easily by going to your router settings and opening the ports using port forwarding. If that isn't it, I don't know what it could be other than MS Live errors.

[quote name='pittpizza']I think it is with COD4 b/c everytime I've had problems with COD4 I will go into Gears of War multiplayer and it is working fine.

I can get into a game 8 out of 10 times but when I'm partied up with a few friends it only works about half to 2/3rd of the time.[/quote]

Reason it works with Gears better because Gears isn't as popular... The COD4 servers are getting hammered.

Whoa whoa WTF! I just signed onto COD4 and my GT is 8 levels lower than it was yesterday. On the Leaderboards I'm still level 39 (in the second runthrough of the ranks) but it says in the barracks that I'm level 31! Retarded.

EDIT: Not only that, but I lost my Red Tiger Camo for my MP5, My blue tiger and digital for my M16, and EVERYTHING (150 kills, blue tiger camo) for my G36c! ugh. This is pissing me off.

[quote name='ZForce915']How do you unlock the Ghille camo? I've seen people playing with it.[/QUOTE]
Dont have to unlock it. It's part of the sniper class (must have sniper rifle as primary). Also depends on the map you are playing too.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Whoa whoa WTF! I just signed onto COD4 and my GT is 8 levels lower than it was yesterday. On the Leaderboards I'm still level 39 (in the second runthrough of the ranks) but it says in the barracks that I'm level 31! Retarded.

EDIT: Not only that, but I lost my Red Tiger Camo for my MP5, My blue tiger and digital for my M16, and EVERYTHING (150 kills, blue tiger camo) for my G36c! ugh. This is pissing me off.[/QUOTE]
http://kotaku.com/342182/rumor-live-issues-wiped-some-unlocked-achievements

Could have something to do with this?

I hope my shit is still there when I turn my game on.

I guess that's a possibility, but I didn't lose any achievements. Blah. Honestly it's ridiculous that I'll have to go through all that shit again.

EDIT: Never mind! It went back to 39! .... That was weird. Anybody else have this happen to them?

[quote name='tokitoki50']I guess that's a possibility, but I didn't lose any achievements. Blah. Honestly it's ridiculous that I'll have to go through all that shit again.

EDIT: Never mind! It went back to 39! .... That was weird. Anybody else have this happen to them?[/quote]

I posted several days ago that my rank moved ahead, then back.

Anyone hear about the Ak-47's dmg being reduced while using the Red Dot Sight? The AK is my main gun and I hate to learn that I was at a disadvantage using the RDS.

And why aren't these stats given to us in the game? Like the dmg f the AK being reduced while using a silencer?
-.-

[quote name='strdr4']Anyone hear about the Ak-47's dmg being reduced while using the Red Dot Sight? The AK is my main gun and I hate to learn that I was at a disadvantage using the RDS.

And why aren't these stats given to us in the game? Like the dmg f the AK being reduced while using a silencer?
-.-[/quote]

Sounds like another bad-kid produced rumor.

[quote name='slickkill77']And you heard this where?[/quote]

http://www.xanga.com/DenKirson

Man. I need the RDS. Thing is I've been using the RDS with the AK w/out knowing about the dmg reduction (if it is true) and I even used the silencer w/out knowing and I did fine, but I just can't continue using it knowing that I'm at a disadvantage.

Guess I'll go with the crowd and use the M16, which is so over powered like no one's business.

Ah Disregard what I said earlier about the AK being better than the M-16. After using the 16 for a few games and getting used to controlling my fire I really started owning with it.

[quote name='moojuice']Ack, can't even play a match now because I am apparently not connected to live.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Last night was a washout.

Live was ok for me early on from 6:30-7:45 or so. But around 7:45 it started to get laggy, and then I started to get the "you must have an active network...." messages again. :bomb:

[quote name='dmaul1114']Live was ok for me early on from 6:30-7:45 or so. But around 7:45 it started to get laggy, and then I started to get the "you must have an active network...." messages again. :bomb:[/quote]

^Makes me glad I've got mass effect. I don't have the patience anymore to wait for COD4 to work like I did a week or two ago.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Live was ok for me early on from 6:30-7:45 or so. But around 7:45 it started to get laggy, and then I started to get the "you must have an active network...." messages again. :bomb:[/quote]

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think it was just me, so I kept resetting my router and modem. I did finally get on though, and I made sure to stay in that room until I decided to quit for the night.

Yeah, I have Mass Effect sitting untouched on the shelf. I should probably just say fuck CoD4 and fuck XBL for now and play through that and hope things are back to normal when I'm done.

^Brilliant! WHy didn't I think of that? Oh wait I did but my vicious COD4 addiction (one more level....one more rank....gota get that k/d ratio higher...) blinded me like a flashbang.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I have Mass Effect sitting untouched on the shelf. I should probably just say fuck CoD4 and fuck XBL for now and play through that and hope things are back to normal when I'm done.[/quote]

I hear ya... I have Mass Effect, Kane & Lynch, and Assassin's Creed all sitting around and haven't played any of them. :wall:

[quote name='mvp828']I hear ya... I have Mass Effect, Kane & Lynch, and Assassin's Creed all sitting around and haven't played any of them. :wall:[/QUOTE]

You'll have plenty of time after Saturday night.

I live with my girlfriend and she hates listening to me playing shooters...so when she's around I play Mass Effect. I mean...there's shooting, but not enough to bother her. She actually gets interested whenever there's a firefight just because she's so used to watching me wandering around looking for items and stuff.

I understand you guys, everytime online is down i pick up another game ive been putting off

lately its been...Uhmm...Viva Pinata (Shut uP!) it's my little cousins game but...Ive grown sadly addicted to those brightly colored Pinatas and its amusing atmosphere...

*tends to his garden* fuck off

[quote name='lordwow']You'll have plenty of time after Saturday night.[/quote]
Ouch... That hurts Wow, very low blow. We will see, it should be good. I am praying for a blizzard to hit Boston. Then I think we got a much better shot.

I am prediciting Jags win 30-24. :D

GO JAGS!!!

P.S. I think I am going to need to slay you at some point in COD4 for that remark.

Anyone else having trouble connecting now? I have been playing for the past hour and a half now all of a sudden I can't connect.

[quote name='mvp828']Ouch... That hurts Wow, very low blow. We will see, it should be good. I am praying for a blizzard to hit Boston. Then I think we got a much better shot.

I am prediciting Jags win 30-24. :D

GO JAGS!!!

P.S. I think I am going to need to slay you at some point in COD4 for that remark.[/QUOTE]

Haha, ya we'll play sometime...

as soon as XBL works again.

The Live outage is wierd for me... worked about 4-6 and then 7 until now, but now it won't work.

I just started using a stealth class... I LOVE IT! Its so awesome to kill 5 people in a row, and they don't even shoot back!

My class is:

P90 silenced
Special x3 (I flash rooms when I walk in sometimes to capture)
UAV Jammer
Dead Silence

Any opinions on how my class is? I usually get above a 1:1 ratio using that class, but sometimes if the level isn't good for stealth or if the other team is too smart, I'll switch to my m16 class.

I personally prefer the MP5 silenced to the P90 for my Ghost class.

If you have the 3x frag grenade perk I'd go with that but again it's a matter of preference. I hardly ever use special grenades and when I have the 3x grenade perk I probably look like Brick from Anchorman because I'm constantly cooking nades.

UAV Jammer is (obviously) a must.

I normally go with Martyrdom as my last perk. That way if you sneak into a group of enemies and they kill you, then at least you get the last laugh.

But all in all it's fine. Your class has to reflect your playstyle.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I personally prefer the MP5 silenced to the P90 for my Ghost class.

If you have the 3x frag grenade perk I'd go with that but again it's a matter of preference. I hardly ever use special grenades and when I have the 3x grenade perk I probably look like Brick from Anchorman because I'm constantly cooking nades.

UAV Jammer is (obviously) a must.

I normally go with Martyrdom as my last perk. That way if you sneak into a group of enemies and they kill you, then at least you get the last laugh.

But all in all it's fine. Your class has to reflect your playstyle.[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking of changing to the 3x frag because id be able to kill a lot of people with it, thanks.

For Martydom, I think Dead Silence helps a little with the stealth, but I see what you mean, a lot of times as I die Im like "At least ill kill some people" and then I remember I dont have Martydom. I'll try it out. Thanks for the input :)

[quote name='-BigC-']For stealth I like the sprint perk, being able to run around the map to flank is a key to stealth to me.[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Ugh. I'm still having crippling problems. I couldn't get into a single game today. When will this end :bomb:[/quote]This is happening again? I had trouble the other day and could never actually enter a match, so I had to go back to the old reliable Gears and had no problems on Live.

I'm getting strange problems; I'm connected, but the lobby just keeps going back and forth from "Searching for available games" and "Getting match quality". It just never puts me in a room...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I'm getting strange problems; I'm connected, but the lobby just keeps going back and forth from "Searching for available games" and "Getting match quality". It just never puts me in a room...[/quote]Exact problem I had Sunday night.

Got a couple of games in tonight. Seems ok but from the looks of the "players online" thing that you see when you choose a match type, there aren't that "many" people on, relative to a couple of nights ago. Something like 90k+ compared with 200k+. Either not many people playing or lots of people having problems.

bread's done
Back