Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='joe2187']By the way....does anyone know how the Match Bonus is determined? seems like its kinda random...is it based on the kills you've made? The K/D? The overall Team play?...Kinda confuses me.[/QUOTE]

2.66 K/D Ratio
41 Kill Streak

Time Elapsed and your level afaik.

zew trying to ruin my K/D ratio by making me play Shipment HQ/Domination

HQ on Shipment is great to do, right after you reset Prestige. I completed the first part (25 kills) with the SAW, RPD, and AK-47 in one match.

[quote name='sasukekun']
2.66 K/D Ratio
41 Kill Streak

zew trying to ruin my K/D ratio by making me play Shipment HQ/Domination[/QUOTE]

You kill at an obscene rate.

I've never really bought the whole k/d as a measure of skill but 2.66 is through the roof. Did you slowly bring that up over time or were you always that good?

[quote name='getmyrunon']I've never really bought the whole k/d as a measure of skill but 2.66 is through the roof. Did you slowly bring that up over time or were you always that good?[/QUOTE]
I was around 2.40 for a while since I was doing a lot of my weapon challenges. Once I did those, I've slowly worked my way back up.

[quote name='zewone']I don't know why you complain about it.

I got 99 kills and 27 deaths on that last match. It's easy to keep a 3.0 K/D ratio.[/QUOTE]
You know why I hate that map. I try not to play it when I can.

I could have a 3/1 ratio but I hate staying in one spot for more then 15 seconds or so. Way too impatient.

I would rather have fun with a 2/1+ ratio and be in all the action.

I'm 2.05 or so, slowly going up.

[quote name='sasukekun']
2.66 K/D Ratio
41 Kill Streak

zew trying to ruin my K/D ratio by making me play Shipment HQ/Domination[/quote]

YOU ARE A NOT A HUMAN BEAN!

[quote name='LeviathynX']does anyone know if the golden guns carry over when you go prestige. I've heard both answers...[/quote]
No

No

and No

You have to do it all over again, best choice is too choose a presteige level you like and stick with it, otherwise all those Useless gold weapon skins will go bye bye.

So usually I play free for all but the past few days I have started playing Team Deathmatch and last night was the first time I had ever been accused of "kill stealing." Now this was a pretty common thing to hear on Gears because everyone was working on their Seriously but on COD4 it seems like such a non issue. The maps are so big that I cant always tell whos where or whats going on so if I see someone on the other team I'll light them up because chances are if I don't I'm dead. So is there some COD4 etiquite that I'm not aware of? Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

[quote name='HighlightShow']Oh how I love Search & Destroy.[/QUOTE]

I kind of prefer sabotage myself

Also as far as kill stealing tell those dorks to button it up. With that last stand perk don't take a risk on anyone living

[quote name='Kevlar281']So usually I play free for all but the past few days I have started playing Team Deathmatch and last night was the first time I had ever been accused of "kill stealing." Now this was a pretty common thing to hear on Gears because everyone was working on their Seriously but on COD4 it seems like such a non issue. The maps are so big that I cant always tell whos where or whats going on so if I see someone on the other team I'll light them up because chances are if I don't I'm dead. So is there some COD4 etiquite that I'm not aware of? Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.[/quote]

I've gotten that before as well, I just say "Well you should of shot faster."

[quote name='Kevlar281']So usually I play free for all but the past few days I have started playing Team Deathmatch and last night was the first time I had ever been accused of "kill stealing." Now this was a pretty common thing to hear on Gears because everyone was working on their Seriously but on COD4 it seems like such a non issue. The maps are so big that I cant always tell whos where or whats going on so if I see someone on the other team I'll light them up because chances are if I don't I'm dead. So is there some COD4 etiquite that I'm not aware of? Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.[/quote]

Not that im aware of, I usually run around with the G3 and Stopping Power perk, so sometimes people get pissed that i could take them down with one shot.

I got rid of Gears of war a while back, because Apparently every gun and weapon made me a whore. i felt so dirty

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']I could have a 3/1 ratio but I hate staying in one spot for more then 15 seconds or so. Way too impatient.

I would rather have fun with a 2/1+ ratio and be in all the action.

I'm 2.05 or so, slowly going up.[/quote]

Ya, I can't lurk in a corner for long no matter how hard I try. I might do it once in awhile on S&D mode, but I'm definitely more of a hunter than a lurker.

Kill stilling isn't real. You get assist points in the game. And the game is about teamwork. I've never complained when I'm shooting it out with some enemy and my teammate steps in to finish him off. Rather that than suffer a death.

[quote name='Kevlar281']So usually I play free for all but the past few days I have started playing Team Deathmatch and last night was the first time I had ever been accused of "kill stealing." Now this was a pretty common thing to hear on Gears because everyone was working on their Seriously but on COD4 it seems like such a non issue. The maps are so big that I cant always tell whos where or whats going on so if I see someone on the other team I'll light them up because chances are if I don't I'm dead. So is there some COD4 etiquite that I'm not aware of? Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

The only time I ever say anything about kill stealing is if I get an enemy into last stand position and a teammate kills him while they're down on the ground even though I got them down in the first place.

I occasionally make a joking comment of someone stealing a kill, it usually goes like this:

Scoping in on an enemy to snipe, aiming at the head, hold breath, start to pull trig...down... "Ah fuck...son of a b, mother trucker, you stole my kill...oh another guy woot!"

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there a way to switch the G3's firing mode? Is it supposed to be a single bullet? What kind of "light machine gun" is that?[/quote]

G3 aint an LMG....Its Assault Muddafucka!

And no you cant change it, Stick with it, its the best damn weapon, Most Accurate Assualt weapon in its class

[quote name='joe2187']G3 aint an LMG....Its Assault Muddafucka!

And no you cant change it, Stick with it, its the best damn weapon, Most Accurate Assualt weapon in its class[/quote]

Okay, so Assault Rifle. Either way, it only shoots one bullet? Damn...

It really depends on what game modes you play the most. I'd be very impressed if you could keep up a 2.5+ K/D on hardcore. Domination it's not that much of a stretch.
I do mostly Team hardcore, with occasional Team death/Domination and have a 1.52 K/D.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Okay, so Assault Rifle. Either way, it only shoots one bullet? Damn...[/quote]

Its awesome... I just started using it again. In my opinion if I see someone far away, I can 99% of the time kill them before they kill me, whether there using a LMG, M16, Sniper, etc... Its much easier to use with red dot, before you get red dot, you may have trouble until you get used to it.

The G3 *is* awesome once you get used to it. I started playing it tonight and I started out with 2 kills in a round, then to 3. I ended in my last round with 18 kills with the G3. By far my best round. 20 kills to 11 deaths on Strike (domination). I'm 2 away from unlocking the red dot. Once I get that, I'm golden. :)

The G3 is very strange in close range. Coupled with steady aim, auto aim will pretty much kick in 90% of the time, you just need the trigger finger to beat their weapon. If you have that trigger finger, the G3 is very powerful.

Haha, I just got 2140 points on a Domination game at Shipment.

68 kills
31 deaths
594 points from the game
311 bonus points
1235 points from challenges

Haha, that was so much fun.

[quote name='HighlightShow']Haha, I just got 2140 points on a Domination game at Shipment.

68 kills
31 deaths
594 points from the game
311 bonus points
1235 points from challenges

Haha, that was so much fun.[/quote]

Thats awesome, I had something like this in HQ on shipment.
145 kills
25 deaths
800 game points
500 bonus points
2750 challenges (two 150 kills gun challenges +3 other 250 pt challenges)
~4200 Total EXP

I just started playing Call of Duty 4 multiplayer. Is there a website where you can link your Gamertag and check your stats online, like you can do with Halo 3 on Bungie.net (or like Guitar Hero 3 or Rock Band on their websites)?

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']Thats awesome, I had something like this in HQ on shipment.
145 kills
25 deaths
800 game points
500 bonus points
2750 challenges (two 150 kills gun challenges +3 other 250 pt challenges)
~4200 Total EXP[/quote]

wtf?!?!

You had to of smoked a bunch of crack to go that crazy on those poor saps :D

Heh, I've never done a 100+ kill game, but my favorite time was on crash I went 16-0 to start the match. I sat atop the 3 story building with an AR.

I only got killed because I had literally run out of ammo on everything except my pistol, and had to defend the HQ.

[quote name='ep2011']Its awesome... I just started using it again. In my opinion if I see someone far away, I can 99% of the time kill them before they kill me, whether there using a LMG, M16, Sniper, etc... Its much easier to use with red dot, before you get red dot, you may have trouble until you get used to it.[/quote]

I just started using this (I am going in order of the assault rifles for the Challenges, and am this one now). It is definitly hard to get used to single shot, but its damn accurate. As soon as I get the Red Dot, I really feel this will benifit those who play with it, but I could also see having the ACOG scope being great with it as well.

[quote name='strikeratt']wtf?!?!

You had to of smoked a bunch of crack to go that crazy on those poor saps :D[/quote]

Yea, now that I think about it that game was right after christmas. I was probably playing with a bunch of noobs. I also remember getting an airstrike and dieing before getting it off, then calling it and getting another airstrike, dieing, calling getting another, and finally getting a chopper, lol.

I had been playing through the campaign on hardened until I got to the standoff part of One Shot, One Kill.

I got frustrated and finished the game on regular. I want to go back and finish it on hardened, but that stage is just the most tedious encounter. Any bits of advice? I tried what a few walkthroughs said and hunkered down in a ticket booth, only to find it nay impossible to get back to the evac.

Yeah, that part sucks. I played through on Regular, and then started a new play through on hardened and have been stuck there for a while.

Found a couple of places I can hide and not get hit, but then I die trying to get the MacMillilan to the chopper. :bomb:

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, that part sucks. I played through on Regular, and then started a new play through on hardened and have been stuck there for a while.

Found a couple of places I can hide and not get hit, but then I die trying to get the MacMillilan to the chopper. :bomb:[/quote]

I was playing on Veteran, after twenty thousand deaths trying to snipe at the ferris wheel i got fed up. i decided to go rambo as a last resort, not even really trying. I ran out like a madman with a pistol and amazingly popped a few headshots, picked up an Ak and ran under all the heli's and shot down any son of a bitch that touched the ropes, lined up a shitload of C4 and Claymores at the side of the pool building and killed 10 guys in 5 seconds. went around to the other side near the bumper cars, knifed about 5 guys and stole a shotgun off one of the guys i knifed, pressed the sprint button and ran around all the cars just mowing down everyone i saw, picking up every grenade that was thrown at me and tossing them back and before i knew it the damn Heli arrived, but i neglected to notice one small thing....there were about twenty guys shooting me from the ferris wheel and bumper cars. I picked a few off with the Dragunov sniper rifle, ran towards mcmillian and went for the heli...only to be shot down by a guy on my left with a shotgun......I felt good though.

I got tremendously lucky with that map on veteran. I was standing behind the ferris wheel until the choppers showed up, then ran down the alley straight ahead to the right and hid in a corner where two buildings came together. Had to move around a little bit to avoid grenades, but no enemies were curious enough to come over. Finally the evac chopper arrived and I made a mad rush straight ahead, swung around the ferris wheel, grabbed MacMillan and ran for the evac. I was pretty much one shot from death the whole way...honestly I didn't think the game allowed that much damage on veteran, but I made it and I'll NEVER play that level again. It's just ridiculous.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, that part sucks. I played through on Regular, and then started a new play through on hardened and have been stuck there for a while.

Found a couple of places I can hide and not get hit, but then I die trying to get the MacMillilan to the chopper. :bomb:[/quote]

Just be a bit more patient. When your chopper comes about 5 teammates come out and shoot everyone. As long as you had already cleared out behind the ferris wheel there should be no problems dieing. I stood behind the bumper cars and shot everyone. I died once, but I got a checkpoint, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Yeah, getting to that midway checkpoint wasn't a big deal, but maybe I'll try camping out behind the bumpers and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

That's the way to do it. It took me literally about 2 hours of tries from that point on (on Veteran). Definitely lay in wait behind the bumper cars. The TOUGHEST part of the level is by and far the mad dash to the helicopter. The only advice I can give you is shoot as many of them as possible until they go "we've only got 60 seconds left." Then make a mad sprint for the Capt, going prone as soon as you get to him (you'll be near death). Let your health come back. Pick him up, run towards the helicopter, and take whatever cover you can by the ferris wheel (about half way to the helicopter) to regain your health again. Make the final sprint into the helicopter, hopefully with full health, as you'll probably get hit a couple of times getting into the helicopter.

I finally been playing a bit more online. I think I am only up to a level 9 or 10. What guns are good though for us beginners? I have the Automatic Sniper which I enjoy and just unlocked the M4. I'm decent with a sniper, but not all maps call for a sniper rifle.

[quote name='doubledown']I finally been playing a bit more online. I think I am only up to a level 9 or 10. What guns are good though for us beginners? I have the Automatic Sniper which I enjoy and just unlocked the M4. I'm decent with a sniper, but not all maps call for a sniper rifle.[/QUOTE]

I also suggest learning to use the MP5 (SMG).

bread's done
Back