Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I just started playing Call of Duty 4 multiplayer. Is there a website where you can link your Gamertag and check your stats online, like you can do with Halo 3 on Bungie.net (or like Guitar Hero 3 or Rock Band on their websites)?[/QUOTE]

nope.

Unless they just put one out.

How many people have completed "Mile high Club on veteran? I have tried about 100 times and still have not gotten to the last part that slows-down(trying not to spoil). I have a good line of where to go i just havent gotten it yet.. anyone else have horror stories?

[quote name='ElJeffA']How many people have completed "Mile high Club on veteran? I have tried about 100 times and still have not gotten to the last part that slows-down(trying not to spoil). I have a good line of where to go i just havent gotten it yet.. anyone else have horror stories?[/quote]
Not me, I have only tried about 20 times though.

[quote name='ElJeffA']How many people have completed "Mile high Club on veteran? I have tried about 100 times and still have not gotten to the last part that slows-down(trying not to spoil). I have a good line of where to go i just havent gotten it yet.. anyone else have horror stories?[/QUOTE]

I did it. It took me 6 hours (I played it one night from 8-10, then from 12-2, then the next morning from 10-12). My right thumb especially was completely sore from sprinting, and my hands were shaking by the time I beat it. I feel your pain. Somewhere in this thread I posted my strategy, but I could repost it if you're dying for it (if I had a capture program I would just try it again sometime and record it).

[quote name='lordwow']I did it. It took me 6 hours (I played it one night from 8-10, then from 12-2, then the next morning from 10-12). My right thumb especially was completely sore from sprinting, and my hands were shaking by the time I beat it. I feel your pain. Somewhere in this thread I posted my strategy, but I could repost it if you're dying for it (if I had a capture program I would just try it again sometime and record it).[/quote]

You dont have to repost i have gotten all the way to the last hallway just cant get that last 10 feet...ill keep trying thanks though.. I really need to sit down and focus for a few hours, the first time i tried it i was watching my aunts puppy and it pissed in my house like 16 times so i wasnt completly focused.

I still cannot for the life of me get past No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran. The damn AI has sniper skills and kill me everytime I get into the missile bays. It is complete utter BS, and your teammates prove to be more worthless than ever.

[quote name='ElJeffA']How many people have completed "Mile high Club on veteran? I have tried about 100 times and still have not gotten to the last part that slows-down(trying not to spoil). I have a good line of where to go i just havent gotten it yet.. anyone else have horror stories?[/QUOTE]

Took me about 3 straight hours. I tried many things.

It all boils down to luck, and how well I throw my flashbangs.

I made it to the VIP my 8th try, and I fucking shot him. Was so pissed. Make sure when you get to the end to take your time.

[quote name='mvp828']I still cannot for the life of me get past No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran. The damn AI has sniper skills and kill me everytime I get into the missile bays. It is complete utter BS, and your teammates prove to be more worthless than ever.[/quote]
If your talking about the circular rooms with a big pillar in the middle, that is the hardest part. Lay down and crawl around the side and noob tube down the halls. Take it slow, you will have plenty of time.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']If your talking about the circular rooms with a big pillar in the middle, that is the hardest part. Lay down and crawl around the side and noob tube down the halls. Take it slow, you will have plenty of time.[/quote] I second this, make sure you lay down and not just crouch. Until I laid down I tried this like a dozen times.

I've come close to finishing mile high club but when I get far I usually get to that small corridor right before the vip with my clip exhausted and I die.

on the ferris wheel level, after the checkpoint of the first defense, you can run like fuck to the back building until you hit a wall and take a left. A door should open and you run down the hall and plant claymores at the door. Defend this position until the heli arrives and then go get your lazy teammate. Did this in two tries on veteran!

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']I second this, make sure you lay down and not just crouch. Until I laid down I tried this like a dozen times.

I've come close to finishing mile high club but when I get far I usually get to that small corridor right before the vip with my clip exhausted and I die.[/quote]

try to pick up a p90. there are like 2 or 3 of them in the main corridors!

Random CAG Sighting: Was playing a game on live, Hardcore Team deathmatch and looking at the bottom of the screen when i get killed i see "Killed By [CAG]MSUHitman"...I saw that about 4 more times. And then the connection timed out.

The first time i seen a CAG out in the open, in the same game.

[quote name='joe2187']Random CAG Sighting: Was playing a game on live, Hardcore Team deathmatch and looking at the bottom of the screen when i get killed i see "Killed By [CAG]MSUHitman"...I saw that about 4 more times. And then the connection timed out.

The first time i seen a CAG out in the open, in the same game.[/quote]

While not the first time I have seen a CAG around, but I too am playing with Hitman right now, as we just ran into each other in a Ground War.

[quote name='mvp828']While not the first time I have seen a CAG around, but I too am playing with Hitman right now, as we just ran into each other in a Ground War.[/QUOTE]

When I've played with JimmieMac, and a few others, we've actually run into him a few times. Which is a bit confusing since a lot of us play with [CAG], to see someone on the other team...

I play (or did before Mass effect) alot with the Foley's, Leet Snax, Ikohn, Joe I played with you a few times, and wowous once I beleive.

Whoever said they shot the hostage at the end of Mile High club on Veteran, I feel for you man, you must have been SO unbeleivably frustrated.

Here is a Tip just in case you ever make it there again
(Shoot the terroist in the legs (in between the hostage's legs) its a much bigger target, and he lets the hostage go and falls down for you to easily finish the job.

[quote name='pittpizza']Here is a Tip just in case you ever make it there again
(Shoot the terroist in the legs (in between the hostage's legs) its a much bigger target, and he lets the hostage go and falls down for you to easily finish the job.
[/QUOTE]

A better tip:
Going for the leg will cause an auto-fail if you are playing on Veteran; you HAVE to get the head shot. Try a non-aiming pistol shot right above the hostage's head first. Either you'll get lucky and take the terrorist out right away, or he'll start to sway to the sides and you can shoot him then.

I did it!!!!!! mile high club in the bag. Tried for about 2 hours straight, took a break and played monopoly with the g/f then went back. Took another 20 min and finally got it. I ended up picking up a p90 and when i got upstairs before the last section and corridor reloaded threw a flash, ran past most of the guys and mowed down the last 2 that pop out at you.!!!! will not be attempting that again for a while.

[quote name='Callandor']A better tip:
Going for the leg will cause an auto-fail if you are playing on Veteran; you HAVE to get the head shot. Try a non-aiming pistol shot right above the hostage's head first. Either you'll get lucky and take the terrorist out right away, or he'll start to sway to the sides and you can shoot him then.
[/quote]

Huh, didn't know about the autofail as I've only done it on hardcore.

[quote name='pittpizza']Huh, didn't know about the autofail as I've only done it on hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I learned about the auto fail the hard way. :cry:

[quote name='LeviathynX']on the ferris wheel level, after the checkpoint of the first defense, you can run like fuck to the back building until you hit a wall and take a left. A door should open and you run down the hall and plant claymores at the door. Defend this position until the heli arrives and then go get your lazy teammate. Did this in two tries on veteran![/quote]

I tried this and got mowed down on my way to the teammate.

Thanks Wowous, I'll give it a shot.

I didn't try all that much, just off and on over the last 2 months when I got bored, but I am finally 1000/1000. I got to the end twice in 4 tries, shot the hostage the first try (oops), then the baddie 2 tries later.

[quote name='pittpizza']Ouch! Got any hair left?[/QUOTE]

Eh, I managed to beat it about 20 minutes after that. Once you get a good strategy (mine: grab that P90 from the terrorist to the right at the beginning and hope it has plenty of ammo; thanks youtube!), it becomes quite doable. I had more trouble finishing "No Fighting in the War Room" than "Mile High Club."

[quote name='doubledown']I finally been playing a bit more online. I think I am only up to a level 9 or 10. What guns are good though for us beginners? I have the Automatic Sniper which I enjoy and just unlocked the M4. I'm decent with a sniper, but not all maps call for a sniper rifle.[/QUOTE]
M16 all the way. Then play headquarters as much as possible to get more XP and unlock some of the good stuff.

[quote name='torifile']M16 all the way. Then play headquarters as much as possible to get more XP and unlock some of the good stuff.[/quote]

Agreed. I just became level 55 and I still use M16 sometimes. Your play style decides whether you like assault rifles (I do) or machine guns (either AK-74, p90, or like RPD and m60)

---

That being said, I need to decide whether to do prestige or not... Any input? I haven't unlocked much, most of the scopes on a lot of guns and m16 blue tiger and almost red tiger... thats about it. I have the majority of the challanges completed.

Just depends if you care about having a special icon, or think it would be fun to redo the challenges.

I kind of doubt I'll ever get to 55, and if I did I definitely wouldn't do prestige mode as I couldn't care less about a special icon. But I'm also a person who thinks gamerscore is utterly pointless and rarely bother going after achievements. *shrugs*

I entered Prestige mode. I think it is really fun to kind of start all over again. You are already pretty good by then, and it will be easy to rank up.

It took me a month to get to Rank 49, and I didn't sacrifice too much time; so I may do Prestige mode. It depends on how spiffy the new icons look, tbh. ;x

i just finished the single player game and while it was fun i think it was entirely too short of a game......i also just finished 28 hours of mass effect so that may be why it felt so short

[quote name='chasemurata']It took me a month to get to Rank 49, and I didn't sacrifice too much time; so I may do Prestige mode. It depends on how spiffy the new icons look, tbh. ;x[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it took me until around Christmas to get to 55 the first time having played since launch. Two weeks later and I'm back up to 53 and fully plan on starting over again this weekend. I should be able to get back up to around 30 since I've got a four day weekend.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, it took me until around Christmas to get to 55 the first time having played since launch. Two weeks later and I'm back up to 53 and fully plan on starting over again this weekend. I should be able to get back up to around 30 since I've got a four day weekend.[/quote]

If you play headquarters and are pretty good, you can usually get from 1 to level 30 really quickly. I went to my 2nd prestige Saturday night, and played about 2-3 hours a day since (so about 9 hours max), and now I am up to 32. I actually did quite a few Ground War games and FFA all in there as well. Once you get the hang of the game, you can fly through the first 30-35 levels on prestige.

[quote name='Malik112099']...i also just finished 28 hours of mass effect ...[/quote]

It may have something to do with it.

Nah, CoD4 is just short. If you're good you can get through it on Regular in 5-6 hours, took me a bit longer as I suck at FPS games and got stuck in couple levels even on regular.

HQ is like king of the hill, with a randomly spawning capture point but you only have 1 life to defend the point once you cap it while the opposite team has infinite.

Prestige resets your level after you max out at 55. You get an icon and go back to level one. It also resets your guns and challenges, so that you must go through them all again. There are 10 levels of prestige.

I'm on level 29. It's a long way to go 'til my first prestige.

The other week I decided to play HQ for the first time and I got so much XP playing on shipment. When the HQ was in the middle all i had to do was throw nades. Man it took forever to win that match. :bouncy:

I fucking love Skorpian with Red-Dot Sight. Stopping Power, Steady Aim, and 3 Special Grenades. Not much I can do since I'm only level 8, but wow, Skorpian packs a punch. Even though the clip is small, it's still pretty sweet.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I fucking love Skorpian with Red-Dot Sight. Stopping Power, Steady Aim, and 3 Special Grenades. Not much I can do since I'm only level 8, but wow, Skorpian packs a punch. Even though the clip is small, it's still pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to max out my Miniuzi right now, I hate how few rounds it has, especially after maxing out the p90 (though, admittedly, it reloads a heck of a lot faster).

Not many options at the moment since I'm a low level and I just started playing. It's either that or the M16, and it's kind of lame that it's only burst -- when in real life, you can go Single, Burst, or Auto. When I get a better variety I will probably change. I just need something with a faster and bigger firing power, and the Skorpian provides it at the moment. With that Bigger Damage perk, Steady Aim (or the shooting through wall perk), Skorpian is the best option atm. Fast firing power with great damage.

That's true. I have yet to try the MP5 so I can't argue. Then again, with the M16, I didn't try it with the dot-sight (I'm assuming it has one). So, both are probably really good -- especially for long range, since the Skorpian can't hit shit long-range.

Scorpion might be the worst gun in the game for most game types. In Hardcore game types it is ok since looking at someone wrong kills them with the low HP. But any type with full health you will struggle to ever get 2 kills with 1 clip.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']That's true. I have yet to try the MP5 so I can't argue. Then again, with the M16, I didn't try it with the dot-sight (I'm assuming it has one). So, both are probably really good -- especially for long range, since the Skorpian can't hit shit long-range.[/quote]

M16 is absolute money at pretty much any distance with the red dot. If you couple it with the stopping power perk, one burst will take out most enemies. If they've got juggernaut, you might need two, but you can still unload that ammo pretty quick, even if it's not full auto.

[quote name='zewone']MP5 is money, and don't be dissing the M16! :)[/QUOTE]
i forget how good the mp5 is for me until go back to it. things my money gun.

Anyone done any levelling up on the shotguns? I find them mostly useless since their range is so limited. Maybe I'm just not using them correctly / on the right maps?

bread's done
Back