Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Littlefields']Believe it or not I have only used the AK-47 for a total of 3 times. I don't know if its the recoil, but it just feels less accurate.[/quote]
You should try it out with a silencer, I prefer using it with one to reduce the recoil.

[quote name='Littlefields']Believe it or not I have only used the AK-47 for a total of 3 times. I don't know if its the recoil, but it just feels less accurate.[/quote]

I tried this gun out and its actually really good for maps where you need that halfshort-halfmedium range. I went 21-3 and like 18-4 on two games in a row and my team lost both >

[quote name='paz9x']there is no most of the time, or atleast there shouldnt be. within the weapons effective range it should be consistant, it isnt. ive noticed the most inconsistancy in the g3. theres no reason the g3 w/stoping pwr should take more than 3 body shots let alone the 5-6 ive put in people and not have them drop.

theres something going on with either the hit detection or the accuracy of infinity wards listed effective ranges for the guns. i originally thought it was the range however the more i play the more i notice it in games that dont have the strongest connection.[/QUOTE]

i dont think i have ever had to shoot someone 5 times with a g3 unless the room was lagging and the person had juggernaut. i think the patch didn't really help too much seeing as it was supposed to find the best host in the lobby, i have still had tons of rooms lag out when i have 4-5 players in my clan that can host a ground war without any lag at all. it seems even after it ends it will pick that same player as a host for the next round which doesn't make any sense to me either.

as for the "best weapon", it really depends on the map and how the other team plays it for me. if it is a complete run & gun match, the mp5 or p90 work great. for maps like ambush, overgrown, or even district (almost any map that has a long stretch), the m40 or barrett sniper rifles are great. for maps like countdown i like to use either the m16, g3, or g36c.

[quote name='Moxio']Aren't silencers in theory supposed to increase recoil?[/quote]

This is not true. A silencer does nothing to help nor hinder Recoil of a firearm, it just makes it, well, more silent.

[quote name='REL1203']This is not true. A silencer does nothing to help nor hinder Recoil of a firearm, it just makes it, well, more silent.[/QUOTE]

They reduce range of the bullet as well.

I have been having horrible problems getting into games lately. About 2/3 of games I join I sit on the screen with the screenshot of the map and it says "setting up game..." I can hear my friends and talk, but I can't play. When they press back they see the green arrows next to my name. I have sat for an entire games without joining, and others take up to 10 minutes to join. I have 6 days played and this hasn't happened until about the last two weeks. Any advice is appreciated. What could be the problem?

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I have been having horrible problems getting into games lately. About 2/3 of games I join I sit on the screen with the screenshot of the map and it says "setting up game..." I can hear my friends and talk, but I can't play. When they press back they see the green arrows next to my name. I have sat for an entire games without joining, and others take up to 10 minutes to join. I have 6 days played and this hasn't happened until about the last two weeks. Any advice is appreciated. What could be the problem?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but there is one kid who had the same trouble in my group. What makes it even more strange is that the kid has been on 2 different 360's and at two different houses, thus different connections. Crazy, eh? Make sure to post if you find anything to remedy the situation.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I have been having horrible problems getting into games lately. About 2/3 of games I join I sit on the screen with the screenshot of the map and it says "setting up game..." I can hear my friends and talk, but I can't play. When they press back they see the green arrows next to my name. I have sat for an entire games without joining, and others take up to 10 minutes to join. I have 6 days played and this hasn't happened until about the last two weeks. Any advice is appreciated. What could be the problem?[/quote]

Dunno...but I'd just delete my save file from the hard drive...after making sure my connection worked completely well for pc stuff.
That is unless you currently are in the middle of the campaign.

i dont know, i had this problem with a couple of maps at one point. i ended up switching disc (i have 3 copies from deals i found) and haven't had a problem since unless the room has a really bad connection.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']i dont know, i had this problem with a couple of maps at one point. i ended up switching disc (i have 3 copies from deals i found) and haven't had a problem since unless the room has a really bad connection.[/quote]

Well I guess I'll clean the disk, but I doubt that could be the problem.

yea i can tell the difference when i hit somebody, thats thing thing that puzzles me is im hitting them, if i wasnt hitting them but my aim was true id immediately chalk it up to lag.
and yea its a bit odd when youre hitting someone with 5+ rounds form the g3 w/sp and theyre not dropping.
played a bit laat night and it was fine. i never know what im gonna get.

[quote name='Littlefields']I'm beginning to get bored again. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I took 3 weeks of while I played other random shit I picked up. I just started to play agin a couple of days ago and it's back for me. Usually it pretty fun but when you get stuck on terrible teams every single game it gets pretty annoying.

Ya I haaaate getting stuck on bad teams. I was doing so well in 3 games in a row on the same server or whatever and we lost all three. Went 21-4 in one, and did similarly good in the others. So I tried FFA for the first time and got first in 3, 3rd in the 4th :D

For all of those that aren't happy with their teams, join the CAG COD4 list and play with us. Everyone I've played with is highly competent and actually communicates.

It makes the game so much better to know I can actually sit back and enjoy the game instead of trying to carry a team of terrible players to a win.

[quote name='xcoax']For all of those that aren't happy with their teams, join the CAG COD4 list and play with us. Everyone I've played with is highly competent and actually communicates.

It makes the game so much better to know I can actually sit back and enjoy the game instead of trying to carry a team of terrible players to a win.[/quote]

Its usually full, I've tried getting on it a few times.

Send a few FR's to people on the list. We usually back out after every two or three games and invite anyone who has signed on since the last time we did. I've got two people I friended who aren't on the list that I've invited to games.

Honestly, I've only seen around 30 people from the list actually join CAG games, so perhaps there will be another mega purge that clears it up.

[quote name='xcoax']Send a few FR's to people on the list. We usually back out after every two or three games and invite anyone who has signed on since the last time we did. I've got two people I friended who aren't on the list that I've invited to games.

Honestly, I've only seen around 30 people from the list actually join CAG games, so perhaps there will be another mega purge that clears it up.[/quote]

Aye, another purge may be necessary. Just don't delete me, as I actually use the CAGCOD4 list to join CAG games. :oops:

As for Call of Duty 4, it is still the only game I play regularly. Quite frankly, I think it's spoiled me, and my perception of first-person shooters. I think I'm going to have to get Rock Band just so I have something to play where I won't be able to compare it to Call of Duty 4. :whistle2:#

Blah... it was laggy as hell today. It might be my connection or it might be the patch but the game is unplayable. We bought a new Xbox LIVE compatible MIMO router and the game has played flawless until the patch. Of course, maybe Comcast has gone to shit since the patch and it's just weird timing. Anyone else having problems?

Also, I finished my AR-15 (M4 clone) and it has a lot more kick than the game, lol. Damn you COD4 for misrepresenting the M4. Tons of fun to shoot though!

It's actually a flat-top with a detachable handle so I can and optics and a BUIS.

[quote name='valor19']Blah... it was laggy as hell today. It might be my connection or it might be the patch but the game is unplayable. We bought a new Xbox LIVE compatible MIMO router and the game has played flawless until the patch. Of course, maybe Comcast has gone to shit since the patch and it's just weird timing. Anyone else having problems?

Also, I finished my AR-15 (M4 clone) and it has a lot more kick than the game, lol. Damn you COD4 for misrepresenting the M4. Tons of fun to shoot though!

It's actually a flat-top with a detachable handle so I can and optics and a BUIS.[/QUOTE]
What the fuck are you doing with an assault rifle?

I think the AR-15 is legal to own for hunting purposes... but what do I know?

Also, I agree about the list purge. I was going to post a list of people who didn't play on the list in the actual thread about the CAG clan, but I realized alot more people play it than I originally estimated. However, there are still a good 20-30 people I've seen that have never joined a game I've been involved with.

[quote name='xcoax']I think the AR-15 is legal to own for hunting purposes... but what do I know?
[/QUOTE]

I don't hunt but here in Michigan there are no restrictions on semi-automatic AR-15 rifles. I actually built mine because I love the M4. It's similar to what our officers carry in their patrol cars, a firearm that I would like to be well trained with prior to starting the academy. Even if I weren't going in to the law enforcement field, there are still no restrictions on these rifles for civilians here in Michigan.

Back to the original subject...

Don't kick me off if you guys purge the list. I play with CAGs on a regular basis and it's really the only game I play online. There were a few days where I was very sick and didn't do any gaming (either online or offline) but I'm back on now.

And, Pimpin, what do you play? Because you are on my friend's list but I don't think we play the same game types. Do you play search and destroy a lot?

[quote name='valor19']I don't hunt but here in Michigan there are no restrictions on semi-automatic AR-15 rifles. I actually built mine because I love the M4. It's similar to what our officers carry in their patrol cars, a firearm that I would like to be well trained with prior to starting the academy. Even if I weren't going in to the law enforcement field, there are still no restrictions on these rifles for civilians here in Michigan.[/quote]

Gotta love our state... :D

Now if only we could get rid of Granwhore.

Valor what area are you from??

The AR-15 is the single fire version of the milarty M4/m-16 and is legal to own i believe in any state, but costly. Its a GREAT weapon. I own one and couldnt hesitate using it for Varmint hunting if I had a decent scope on it... What I need is the P90 equivlent, the FS2000....

[quote name='mvp828']Gotta love our state... :D

Now if only we could get rid of Granwhore.

Valor what area are you from??[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Kalamazoo area. I actually live just south of Kalamazoo but work and attend school in Kalamazoo.

And, REL1203, there are crazy restrictions on the AR-15 in some states, including California. And I looked at the P90 (or whatever the civilian version is called) at "On Target" in Kalamazoo and it's crazy expensive. Of course, all their stuff there is a rip-off. They have quite a nice collection of cool rifles though.

I played with some of the worst teams I've ever played with on HQ today. I actually got on mic and asked them if they had any clue how to play.

I ended up (losing) one game going 32-13, with the one cap (which lasted for 10 points), and I knocked out 5 of their caps. The next guy on my team went 8-22.

Awful, what's even worse is when the other team is grouped, so you play again and get stuck on the same team. So weak.

[quote name='chasemurata']Oh wow, it's real? O_O; Have you thought about skinning it in a nice Red Tiger camouflage? ^_~[/QUOTE]

You laugh but they do sell red tiger and blue tiger paint/patterns for the AR-15. In fact, I've even seen some wearing that paint scheme and it's the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen. Why would someone paint their rifle like that? And what exactly is it supposed to blend in with?

Had a pretty good night last night. Good thing two as I've been getting roughed up the past couple days. Although it doesn't helps when you have a guy go 1-20 in a match, and he was a level 32 for crying out loud!!!!!

Oh and I just unlocked the Desert Eagle, that gun ROXORS!

I would also remove the people that outright don't accept invitations ever. There are a bunch of people that play the game regularly, but never join our CAG games. I could go through the list and tell you all the people that play and don't play if you like.

Also, side note, I've fallen in love with Hardcore Team Deathmatch. You don't get as much XP as say Headquarters or Domination, but it is hella fun to play, not to mention super easy to get those 150 kills with weapons you're not good at. Seriously, throw stopping power on a sniper rifle and I could hit you in the foot through a wall and you're dead. That, and I got a three kill streak in last stand once, including two headshots.

[quote name='xcoax']
Also, side note, I've fallen in love with Hardcore Team Deathmatch. You don't get as much XP as say Headquarters or Domination, but it is hella fun to play, not to mention super easy to get those 150 kills with weapons you're not good at. Seriously, throw stopping power on a sniper rifle and I could hit you in the foot through a wall and you're dead. That, and I got a three kill streak in last stand once, including two headshots.[/quote]

I gotta try hardcore I guess...since you dont have the radar. The other day too I was playing on TDM (not hardcore though)with last stand and I got a 3 kill streak also, then since I already had 2 kills I got to call an airstrike :D. That map is probably my favorite so far...but I forget the name...you have like a hill in the middle, buildings on both sides, sewers you can crouch into...

Yeah, I should probably give hardcore a shot as well. I might fare a little better there since I have a bad habit of not watching the radar as much as I should, and die a good bit because I'll shoot the other person first but be hitting them in the legs and then they kill me with a head shot as their aim doesn't suck. :lol:

xcoax. i think you should send a list of the peopel who dont accept our invites.
its a waste of a slot for those that actually want to play with cags.

on a side note i turned on the xbox and none of my friends or cags was playing cod. so i didnt play =(

bread's done
Back