Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Agreed, I had a lot of trouble this morning with games losing connection, servers, etc. I hope its back to normal tonight.

The new maps are definitely worth it IMO. Of course, I would probably buy anything right now COD related. Just picked up COD 2 at a local store after I was so impressed with COD 4.

So wait, the double XP tonight is for everything, or the new maps only? Cuz I was under the impression it was only the new maps, and I played quite a bit of FFA this morning but maybe I didnt notice.[/quote]

It's only for the new maps. Can't let people who didn't buy the maps also get the reward. :lol:

Will killzone ever be playable in all gametypes. I feel kind of ripped off because I payed for 4 maps but can only play 3 in the gametypes most everyone plays. I think it would be a fun new "shipment" for TDM/HQ and would make one crazy S&D map.

The other maps are great though, especially chinatown and creek

[quote name='xcoax']Man, I've had one red bar for a connection in every game I've played today. Its weird that It doesn't really look like I'm lagging, but my bullets weren't hitting anyone. I mean, I put a full M16 clip into a dudes chest and he laughed it off and killed me.

I still managed to have top score in most of the games I was playing oddly enough. Except for one game that I kept getting spawn killed due to lag and this 13 year old kid had to go on a rant about how much I sucked and that I was lagging too much. It was the first time I've ever recieved a post match "you suck/end your life" message. He also pronounced my name "heave heart". haha[/quote]

I noticed this too in the couple games I was playing in with you... yet you still killed me a few times... Go figure

[quote name='ivanctorres']Loving the new maps so far...the double xp weekend and the maps have brought me back to the game.
I've just been leaning on cod4 and rockband and have no time for anything else.

Oddly, I haven't played a round with the new Kill House map as its not a part of the variety team deathmatch.[/quote]

Those are the only 2 games I have been playing Since Xmas it seems... Both are amazing and have great replay value... Gotta love great games

[quote name='ph33r m3']I haven't played Killzone once...[/QUOTE]

Niether have I, I gotta pick up a PS2 first. Killzone 2 should be good though.

I played it in a private match of Old-School Domination nine lives only with teamkilling. Twenzor you make the best gametypes.

Its actually pretty fun map. Small, but not as crazy as Shipment.

[quote name='richierich']So do you guys know if they are developing another map pack?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, it would probably be the contest winner maps, but I wouldnt see them releasing them anytime soon.

[quote name='richierich']So do you guys know if they are developing another map pack?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they've had at least two for both of the previous COD games. Hopefully the contest winner one will be a freebie and we'll get another pack from IW.

[quote name='sasukekun']Hopefully, it would probably be the contest winner maps, but I wouldnt see them releasing them anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I say 6 months.

motivator5315334vs9.jpg

[quote name='Bigsauce']
motivator5315334vs9.jpg
[/quote]
so thats what they look like.

i have a 20 year old tv, they all just look like molded colors to me :(

and last night my net just shut off while i was in a match with the CAG's >.<
sorry khondor :(

Hopefully the Double EXP isn't over when I get home -- assuming they might be late to take it off. It's unfortunate I couldn't hit Prestige again last night. On friday night, I was like 35, then I hit prestige and am now level 48. :(

If you go prestige do all of your challenges reset too? (Basically is it completely the same as starting multiplayer for the very first time? - aside from the little logo...)

[quote name='Spades22']If you go prestige do all of your challenges reset too? (Basically is it completely the same as starting multiplayer for the very first time? - aside from the little logo...)[/quote]

Yes. All your challenges are reset. The only thing that stays the same is your clan tag and your stats (leaderboard stats). Of course, your logo does change too.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Yes. All your challenges are reset. The only thing that stays the same is your clan tag and your stats (leaderboard stats). Of course, your logo does change too.[/QUOTE]

You also keep your unlocked playlists.

I really hope the double XP playlists are gone by now. I wanted to outline my thesis this weekend, but got too distracted. While I didn't go as crazy as some CAGS (only went from level 4 to 32 in my 1st prestige), I still spent too much time on COD4 this weekend. My adviser will be mad if I don't make some progress. :cry:

[quote name='Callandor']You also keep your unlocked playlists.

I really hope the double XP playlists are gone by now. I wanted to outline my thesis this weekend, but got too distracted. While I didn't go as crazy as some CAGS (only went from level 4 to 32 in my 1st prestige), I still spent too much time on COD4 this weekend. My adviser will be mad if I don't make some progress. :cry:[/quote]

Just tell him about the double XP weekend - how could he not understand? :lol:

[quote name='RudyPants']Just tell him about the double XP weekend - how could he not understand? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Or I can just outline my thesis tonight and make sure he doesn't find out. I would like to graduate this summer. :cool:

Then again, I can feel the hot, sexy lure of headquarters and search/destroy on Chinatown and Broadcast, beckoning to me with its siren's song, breaking down my will with each passing chord...

[quote name='Callandor']Or I can just outline my thesis tonight and make sure he doesn't find out. I would like to graduate this summer. :cool:

Then again, I can feel the hot, sexy lure of headquarters and search/destroy on Chinatown and Broadcast, beckoning to me with its siren's song, breaking down my will with each passing chord...[/quote]

i still have about 5 articles and a paper due this week that haven't been started because of cod4. hopefully double xp is over or their not getting done tonight either.

This double points, new maps, COD greatness has taken over my life this weekend. I've learned I still suck at the game, I've only been able to level up about 20 levels in 15 or so hours. But for those who have played with me (and this is the most important develop for me over this weekend) COD4 addiction has become more important than my addiction to whiping my own ass after I use the bathroom.

Man, I've had one red bar for a connection in every game I've played today. Its weird that It doesn't really look like I'm lagging, but my bullets weren't hitting anyone. I mean, I put a full M16 clip into a dudes chest and he laughed it off and killed me.

I still managed to have top score in most of the games I was playing oddly enough. Except for one game that I kept getting spawn killed due to lag and this 13 year old kid had to go on a rant about how much I sucked and that I was lagging too much. It was the first time I've ever recieved a post match "you suck/end your life" message. He also pronounced my name "heave heart". haha

[quote name='FrankySox']COD4 addiction has become more important than my addiction to whiping my own ass after I use the bathroom.[/quote]

You too!?!?!!

Is the double XP ending at 12PST tonight?? That way I can get 3 hours of gaming goodness in after work.

Loving the new maps so far...the double xp weekend and the maps have brought me back to the game.

Oddly, I haven't played a round with the new Kill House map as its not a part of the variety team deathmatch.

Yeah, picked the perfect weekend to go out of town and I really need the leveling up... How long is this double-points in effect again??? If it's done at midnight tonight then I'm royally screwed b/c I'm planning to get on around 10:30pm CST.

Agreed, I had a lot of trouble this morning with games losing connection, servers, etc. I hope its back to normal tonight.

The new maps are definitely worth it IMO. Of course, I would probably buy anything right now COD related. Just picked up COD 2 at a local store after I was so impressed with COD 4.

So wait, the double XP tonight is for everything, or the new maps only? Cuz I was under the impression it was only the new maps, and I played quite a bit of FFA this morning but maybe I didnt notice.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Agreed, I had a lot of trouble this morning with games losing connection, servers, etc. I hope its back to normal tonight.

So wait, the double XP tonight is for everything, or the new maps only? Cuz I was under the impression it was only the new maps, and I played quite a bit of FFA this morning but maybe I didnt notice.[/quote]

New maps only.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']what are some of CAGs opinions on the maps? worth the $10?[/quote]

I say yes.

THEREISNOBIASINMYOPINION

... ;)

In review, I think most of the maps feature little spawn bias, other than Creek. All maps, other than Killhouse, are beautiful. Creek and Broadcast are exceptionally huge maps. Chinatown is slightly smaller, but has a lot of places to go within the map. Killhouse, for its size, is well-designed and fun to play. So, again, totally worth the purchase. :D

It's only for the new maps. Can't let people who didn't buy the maps also get the reward. :lol:

Will killzone ever be playable in all gametypes. I feel kind of ripped off because I payed for 4 maps but can only play 3 in the gametypes most everyone plays. I think it would be a fun new "shipment" for TDM/HQ and would make one crazy S&D map.

The other maps are great though, especially chinatown and creek

[quote name='xcoax']Man, I've had one red bar for a connection in every game I've played today. Its weird that It doesn't really look like I'm lagging, but my bullets weren't hitting anyone. I mean, I put a full M16 clip into a dudes chest and he laughed it off and killed me.

I still managed to have top score in most of the games I was playing oddly enough. Except for one game that I kept getting spawn killed due to lag and this 13 year old kid had to go on a rant about how much I sucked and that I was lagging too much. It was the first time I've ever recieved a post match "you suck/end your life" message. He also pronounced my name "heave heart". haha[/quote]

I noticed this too in the couple games I was playing in with you... yet you still killed me a few times... Go figure

[quote name='ivanctorres']Loving the new maps so far...the double xp weekend and the maps have brought me back to the game.

Oddly, I haven't played a round with the new Kill House map as its not a part of the variety team deathmatch.[/quote]

Those are the only 2 games I have been playing Since Xmas it seems... Both are amazing and have great replay value... Gotta love great games

Niether have I, I gotta pick up a PS2 first. Killzone 2 should be good though.

I played it in a private match of Old-School Domination nine lives only with teamkilling. Twenzor you make the best gametypes.

Its actually pretty fun map. Small, but not as crazy as Shipment.

Hopefully, it would probably be the contest winner maps, but I wouldnt see them releasing them anytime soon.

Yeah, they've had at least two for both of the previous COD games. Hopefully the contest winner one will be a freebie and we'll get another pack from IW.

[quote name='sasukekun']Hopefully, it would probably be the contest winner maps, but I wouldnt see them releasing them anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I say 6 months.

[quote name='Bigsauce']
motivator5315334vs9.jpg
[/quote]
so thats what they look like.

i have a 20 year old tv, they all just look like molded colors to me :(

and last night my net just shut off while i was in a match with the CAG's >.<
sorry khondor :(

Hopefully the Double EXP isn't over when I get home -- assuming they might be late to take it off. It's unfortunate I couldn't hit Prestige again last night. On friday night, I was like 35, then I hit prestige and am now level 48. :(

If you go prestige do all of your challenges reset too? (Basically is it completely the same as starting multiplayer for the very first time? - aside from the little logo...)

[quote name='Spades22']If you go prestige do all of your challenges reset too? (Basically is it completely the same as starting multiplayer for the very first time? - aside from the little logo...)[/quote]

Yes. All your challenges are reset. The only thing that stays the same is your clan tag and your stats (leaderboard stats). Of course, your logo does change too.

bread's done
Back