Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='xcoax']No probs, assuming InuyashaFan didn't already do it.

Haha, I was goofing around on Ambush practicing those jumps and Chase joined and scared the crap out of me. I was just aimlessly shooting at my dead bodies in the pit of death between a few of the buildings and out of nowhere I'm getting sprayed with M4 bullets.[/quote]

Yep. I quantum leaped into your game, saw you on a ledge with your gun focused to the ground, and thought, "Hmm, that's peculiar," then fired a few shots. Just a neighborly hello. ;):D

I also used the remains for a nice hamster barbecue. Mike Tyson's Bawbwee-Q Gwill is phenomenal and "bitch slaps the fat" as its motto proclaims.

have heart, i didn't show anyone else. i might be able to do it before my clan gets on later tonight if still needed, but it is one of the players birthday and since i will be playing GTA as soon as i get my copy, i would like to play with him as long as possible since he has been playing in my clan since like 2 weeks after the game came out.

hey john, when you joined that one room on backlot and ended up on my team, how happy were you? i think we were up by almost 600 points when you got in there. sorry i didn't send you an invite after that, but i had a 9th clan member that signed on during that match. we should play a friendly little match later tonight before a lot of us hop over to GTA IV.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']hey john, when you joined that one room on backlot and ended up on my team, how happy were you? i think we were up by almost 600 points when you got in there. sorry i didn't send you an invite after that, but i had a 9th clan member that signed on during that match. we should play a friendly little match later tonight before a lot of us hop over to GTA IV.[/quote]

man, wish i could of been there.

work sucks.

but before work, me and JQA were messing around on ambush, and we stumbled onto four more rooftops on our own. i showed him district, (which i learned from a random player, i think) and then he showed me later the other side of ambush with those tin rooftops.

and, lol, hamster, i got into the "Pit of Despair" and lived!

i found a corner you could go to, and stand. but if you moved :( you died :(

hey blood, when i showed them all those spots, we did some acog sniping on shipment after that. it was a ton of fun, you should give it a try with everyone. i know he never actually made the jump to the rooftops on crash, but did he at least explain how to get on there?

is there any possibility of around 6 or so CAGs being on around say 7 or 8 pm eastern tonight? i would love to give my clan a clan match right before my break to play GTA and it was actually fun playing you guys. i dont want to have to worry about a clan not reporting correctly or any of that gamebattles mess since i wont be on that site to keep track of it, so i think playing you guys would be a lot of fun. i promise you wont have to tolerate any trash talk or i will be sure to kick any of my players that do it, we dont do that stuff unless someone starts it with us.

[quote name='lordwow']I haven't seen the variety map pack levels since the weekend with them. I wish they'd pop up more often.[/quote]
I get them all the time in S&D.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']

have heart, pawn, dcriminal, and johnquincy, that was a blast with those acog snipers on shipment. i havent had that much fun in a long time.[/quote]

That was the most fun I've had on that map by far!

P.S. JohnQuincyAdams is the master at jumping on my head and knifing LOL

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']hey john, when you joined that one room on backlot and ended up on my team, how happy were you? i think we were up by almost 600 points when you got in there. sorry i didn't send you an invite after that, but i had a 9th clan member that signed on during that match. we should play a friendly little match later tonight before a lot of us hop over to GTA IV.[/quote]

Hey, at least i was contributing going positive 10-4 with the G3 :) Its straight dude, i know u have alot of clan members. That would be great to play some tonight man before GTA hits tomorrow.

Yes pawn, i am like a ninja with my jump knife!

[quote name='BackInBlack']Hey, at least i was contributing going positive 10-4 with the G3 :) Its straight dude, i know u have alot of clan members. That would be great to play some tonight man before GTA hits tomorrow.

Yes pawn, i am like a ninja with my jump knife![/QUOTE]

i was happy you came in on my team... i would have felt really bad otherwise. it isn't hard to go positive with any weapon when you play on a good team (i know from experience obviously)... i have played against my clan with what i consider great weapons and can still have a hard time even breaking even if i am stuck with randoms. point of me saying that is if you are trying to max out weapons, find a really good team to play on and you will have no problems at all, i maxed out all the assault rifles a few times while i was prestiging without having to die a lot by having such a good team.

if you want to send some of them friend request, i will try and get something set up tonight so that you can play with the ones that are still on CoD (i only know of 4 or 5 for sure getting GTA).

Just a heads up to my fellow CAGCOD4 friends, if I am online tonight and not joining I am not being anti-social... My buddy and I started a student organization here at school called "Social Media Networking" and as you can guess, it is going to be focused on playing video games and watching movies...

We have a lecture hall on campus reserved for playing in... It is stacked with a huge HD projector and screen that is about 40' x 60'.

It is our first meeting however, and we don't know how many people to expect, so COD4 over Live with you guys may be a possibility. Otherwise it will be Halo 3 :whistle2:(.

Those ACOG snipers were sick. Each kill cam was an education. I must have missed the jump/glitch spot part of the evening. Damn allergies have been kicking my ass, so I had to crash early.

Yeah, you missed the glitch session DC, but at least you were there for the shipment fun. No scoping JQA as he jumped at me on Wetworks was fun. Haha, I tried using the ACOG sniper in our ranked game afterwards and was throughly owned when I was trying to regular snipe instead of run and gun.

Also, anyone who wants to learn all the spots that InuyashaFan showed us tonight will probably be the last night I'll be playing COD4 on a regular basis, so I'll show anyone who wants to see it. I'll still be joining games as long as there's interest and will definitely try to get in on the Thursdays, but I have a feeling that GTA IV is going to own my soul.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, you missed the glitch session DC, but at least you were there for the shipment fun. No scoping JQA as he jumped at me on Wetworks was fun. Haha, I tried using the ACOG sniper in our ranked game afterwards and was throughly owned when I was trying to regular snipe instead of run and gun.

Also, anyone who wants to learn all the spots that InuyashaFan showed us tonight will probably be the last night I'll be playing COD4 on a regular basis, so I'll show anyone who wants to see it. I'll still be joining games as long as there's interest and will definitely try to get in on the Thursdays, but I have a feeling that GTA IV is going to own my soul.[/QUOTE]

you and i will be getting along very well, i can already tell... lol. i got extremely good with the acog m40 playing free-for-all's to be honest. i learned i can hit them at almost any range now, even maps the size of overgrown i can acog snipe on. in a team deathmatch, i think i will always prefer to normal snipe since it has a better scope so that i can call out the enemies, but it is great when you win a free-for-all running around more with a sniper rifle than most of the assault/lmg/smg players. it is really funny seeing them sitting in a corner and you running like normal and just sniping them with no pause. it can be a little difficult to take on multiple people if they are both shooting at you, but if they shoot at each other too, there is no contest... the m40 acog wins!

[quote name='lordwow']Maybe I should play some S&D then :lol:[/quote]
Yeah, I guess so. I love S&D, I usually play that and Domination the most. I can usually rack up around 40-50 kills in a Domination game depending on the map, so I play that when I need to complete some gun challenges. When I play S&D, I get a lot of points, but it takes awhile to complete the gun challenges with an average of around 7 kills per game.

[quote name='xcoax']Also, anyone who wants to learn all the spots that InuyashaFan showed us tonight will probably be the last night I'll be playing COD4 on a regular basis, so I'll show anyone who wants to see it. I'll still be joining games as long as there's interest and will definitely try to get in on the Thursdays, but I have a feeling that GTA IV is going to own my soul.[/quote]

What Ham said - minus the InuyashaFan knowledge.

^

man, i want to see those acog sniper stuff now!

oh, and i figured out how to jump from the building (where to get onto, you need to crouch jump on the green trash can) to the building across the alleyway.

its sick, going back and forth to them!

lemme know when you get on JQA, cuz i might get on then. i gotta work on a paper for school.... yay. but its not due for a while.

and i put down 50 bucks for GTA 4.

Just started doing multiplayer now after beating COD4 and looking for people to play with when i am on. I usualy keep a positive K/D spread when i do play so i dont suck that bad :cool:. Shoot me an invite if you need an extra for a party -Skittles1018.

[quote name='RPG1018']Just started doing multiplayer now after beating COD4 and looking for people to play with when i am on. I usualy keep a positive K/D spread when i do play so i dont suck that bad :cool:. Shoot me an invite if you need an extra for a party -Skittles1018.[/quote]

Too bad you didn't get into the multiplayer even a month ago, GTA4 is out now :/

[quote name='BackInBlack']Too bad you didn't get into the multiplayer even a month ago, GTA4 is out now :/[/QUOTE]

I still have a desire to play COD4 multiplayer. Not as great a desire mind you, but it is still there.

Wowzers HighLight. You play a lot XD. I always wanted to get to Prestige Level 10, but kind of got bored of the game once I got to level 4. Ended up selling it to a friend for $40.

[quote name='xcoax']I still have a desire to play COD4 multiplayer. Not as great a desire mind you, but it is still there.[/quote]
mine is small too xD

[quote name='DarkRider23']Wowzers HighLight. You play a lot XD. I always wanted to get to Prestige Level 10, but kind of got bored of the game once I got to level 4. Ended up selling it to a friend for $40.[/quote]
What can I say, playing a game is very fun when you are pretty good at it.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']mine is small too xD[/quote]

[quote name='BackInBlack'] think about what you just said there.[/quote]

LOL

P.S. Blood I sent you a friend invite, I should be on either COD4 or GTA this weekend

Question, Is their any guns that vets would consider useless. Or guns that i should prefer to use while still in lower levels? I am lvl17 and i generaly stick with the first snipe rifle and the M14 carbine. I tried using the uzi last night so i could finish the the challenges for it and couldnt seem to kill anybody with it.

Also was wondering what perk combos you guys use with your weapon combinations.

I'm fond of the AK47u (or MP5) with Bandolier (once you unlock it--not until level 32 I think--just use whatever until then), Stopping power and steady aim.

Also like the M16a with Bandolier/whatever, Stopping Power and deep impact. That's a good combo for any of the LMGs as well.

Why does the G3 suck so much more ass than it should? :( Does steady aim actually make a noticeable dfference? I prefer bandoliers/sleight of hand with almost anything :)

[quote name='janglypangly']Why does the G3 suck so much more ass than it should? :( Does steady aim actually make a noticeable dfference? I prefer bandoliers/sleight of hand with almost anything :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think its a bad gun at all. I use it for my Silenced class. It works great.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I don't think its a bad gun at all. I use it for my Silenced class. It works great.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I just don't like the sights on it I think :(.

[quote name='janglypangly']Why does the G3 suck so much more ass than it should? :( Does steady aim actually make a noticeable dfference? I prefer bandoliers/sleight of hand with almost anything :)[/QUOTE]

Steady aim makes aiming from the hip more accurate. For me it's helpful as my aim's pretty sucky, and I like to run and gun which leads to needing to be able to aim quickly at close range where you get killed if you take the time to aim down the sights.

If you're aim is good, it's probably not necessary.

[quote name='RPG1018']Question, Is their any guns that vets would consider useless. Or guns that i should prefer to use while still in lower levels? I am lvl17 and i generaly stick with the first snipe rifle and the M14 carbine. I tried using the uzi last night so i could finish the the challenges for it and couldnt seem to kill anybody with it.

Also was wondering what perk combos you guys use with your weapon combinations.[/QUOTE]

The only gun I really don't care for is the Mini Uzi. Everything else has something you can add to it to make it better. I used to hate the MP5, but after adding Double tap and a silencer its incredibly good. Same thing for the AK-47 and AK-74. If you don't like the G3, try it on Hardcore Team deathmatch. With stopping power you only need one bullet to kill anyone. I used to hate the M14, but I just added a silencer to it, which reduces the recoil significantly making it almost a completely different gun.

But of course, the M16 with stopping power and deep impact will get you through pretty much the entire game.

[quote name='xcoax']The only gun I really don't care for is the Mini Uzi. Everything else has something you can add to it to make it better. I used to hate the MP5, but after adding Double tap and a silencer its incredibly good. Same thing for the AK-47 and AK-74. If you don't like the G3, try it on Hardcore Team deathmatch. With stopping power you only need one bullet to kill anyone. I used to hate the M14, but I just added a silencer to it, which reduces the recoil significantly making it almost a completely different gun.

But of course, the M16 with stopping power and deep impact will get you through pretty much the entire game.[/quote]

It kinda pointless to use stopping power in HC.

[quote name='life.exe']It kinda pointless to use stopping power in HC.[/QUOTE]

O rly? Double tap seems like it'd be useful. More bullets flying will give you a better chance at hitting someone :)

HC makes a lot of perks useless IMO. bandolier, stopping power, and martyrdom all become waste in there. i say martyrdom because a lot of the time you will end up team killing with it.
even without stopping power it is a 1 shot kill unless they have juggernaut on in which case it is 2. the G3 and the M14 are probably the 2 best weapons in HC mode just because of the accuracy.

as for the gun thing, any gun is good in the right hands. i love the mini-uzi for close quarters combat, probably more than any other smg. overall though, i would have to say that the MP5 is the best SMG, the G36C is a great assault rifle (i refuse to say the M16 because of how easy it is to use), RPD would probably be the best LMG, either shotgun is fine, and the Barrett or the M40 are the 2 best snipers. even the MP44 can be a good assault rifle... i wouldn't suggest using it for any long range use, but CQC it is awesome.

Yeah, I hadn't played hardcore in awhile. Apparently hardcore team deathmatch now means camp and snipe. I didn't get that memo, as I was running around with my M14 and just getting sniped left and right.

[quote name='-BigC-']Depends on useless, really everything but the m16/rpd/p90 is useless[/QUOTE]

i would disagree with you there, those are just the easiest weapons to use in the entire game. 1 burst from the m16 on average will kill, 3-4 shots from the rpd using it like a sniper, p90 is just spray and pray for CQC and at a distance it is great because of the lack of recoil.

i try to stay away from all of those except the rpd, but i only use that to take down helicopters (i have a class just for helicopters).

This. Game. Will. Not. Die.

It's immortal, brother.

*flexes 64-inch pythons*

While GTA is a nice break, COD4 is still my bread and butter. Other than COD5, I don't know what game will be able to replace its spot as my present favorite online multiplayer game. But then again, with Treyarch back at the COD reins, I don't know what will become of COD5. How about Bad Company? I never played a Battlefield game, so I don't know what to expect. Bah, game developers! Make your games better so I have more online multiplayer options. :bomb:

Agreed. I've basically taken to playing GTA single player during the day and then playing COD4 at night with all of you guys who still play it. Its basically gaming bliss.

I'm nearly at 600 GS for GTA4, so my wanting to finishing the game will die off soon, and I'll be back full force on COD4. I picked up my third copy of the game last week.

[quote name='twen']I'm nearly at 600 GS for GTA4, so my wanting to finishing the game will die off soon, and I'll be back full force on COD4. [/QUOTE]

I am with you on that one, i am at 540 out of 1,000 and working on the rest of the side missions for it now. i have the flying rats, text message cars, stunt jumps, the police car missions (manhunt and clean streets), assassins greed and a few more random people to meet and i should be done with the single player completely.

Khondor, it was fun slaughtering little kids and noobs that can't handle juggernaut last night. Quote of the night from you had to be "How do you only die 2 times on Wetworks?"

[quote name='xcoax']Agreed. I've basically taken to playing GTA single player during the day and then playing COD4 at night with all of you guys who still play it. Its basically gaming bliss.[/quote]

Yeah, I've been finding it hard to get into GTAIV for some reason. I played all the others (besides the "Stories" versions) and really got burnt out on the whole thing. I guess I really need to push myself to play more to get hooked but I am often finding myself going back to COD4 MP unless there is no-one on my friends list on.

BTW, I finally did my first prestige and as Burp and Khondor can tell you guys it wasn't going so well for me this weekend except on a couple of maps. I forgot how much more sensitive aiming is with iron sights vs rds (i.e. I keep catching myself waving my damn gun around like a monkey when trying to aim...or it could just be me). Although, I have to say that I think I'm leveling up faster than I did the first go around, which makes sense.

[quote name='xcoax']Agreed. I've basically taken to playing GTA single player during the day and then playing COD4 at night with all of you guys who still play it. Its basically gaming bliss.[/QUOTE]

This is what I have been doing as well. Days and middle of the night are when I play GTAIV but if you guys are on and playing COD then I jump in with you guys. I am so glad I started playing with CAGs. I would have been done with COD a long time ago without you guys to keep the fun factor high.

I still haven't played GTA online yet. I am not waiting to finish story mode, but if I want online play then COD4 is what I pop in.

well, here is a bump for this thread since it has just died it seems like. i am back on call of duty myself, but i am using my second account since i can do challenges again with it (i don't care for most of the gold weapons, so those were a waste to go for on my slimjim name). if you want to try and play with me when i am not with my clan, my other gamertag is anarchydummy (it was originally a dummy account so a few friends could get their gold weapons). i have decided to use it as my main name on CoD for now, pulled it from a .20 k/d to a 1.09 already.

bread's done
Back