Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Variety Map Pack to be 400pts starting tomorrow...through Sunday.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/5027[/quote]

Nice price on the map pack, if I didn't already have it, I would jump on this deal. I just got back into playing more and forgot how much I enjoy the multiplayer. I'll have to start playing more!

I am going to have to jump back in COD4 with this stuff.

I actually never downloaded the map pack so I guess I will get it now since I got all those points from the SoA show.

COD4 is still the best FPS even though I am kinda tired of it. I tried my hardest to like BF BC but that game is just straight ass.

this may be my opinion, but i find the new maps to be terrible. this is coming from someone who downloaded them day 1 at full price and has put over 30 days of playing time into the game. i personally deleted them off my harddrive, left them alone for a few months, re-downloaded them (didn't cost anything since i had already bought them) and re-deleted them again the next night. unless you play team tactical or cage matches, i find the only decent map to be broadcast, there is a lot of hardcore camping on chinatown and creek which if it was only once in a while i wouldn't mind, but it is the same thing every time on those 2 maps.

I am indifferent towards Creek, Broadcast, and Chinatown. I memorized the layout and have a strategy for each. So, I have no complaints. Killhouse, though, is a waste.

Yep. I think I've played Killhouse around four times total since the map pack came out and all of those games were custom games that we played together. They need to add that and Shipment back into the larger playlists as I never do cage matches or team tactical.

[quote name='chasemurata']I am indifferent towards Creek, Broadcast, and Chinatown. I memorized the layout and have a strategy for each. So, I have no complaints. Killhouse, though, is a waste.[/QUOTE]

i know the layouts and it isn't that i have a problem getting kills on it, it is just rather annoying (at least to me) to deal with camping non-stop. certain maps have key points to hold which is one thing, but when the entire team just sits in one building (chinatown) that doesn't even really make sense to sit in, it just gets boring to me to have to keep running into the same spot over and over to wipe out the other team. creek is a very lopsided map, i know this simply because the team i am on usually gets the crap side of the map (down by the barn) and my team has to completely force the other team out of their spawn. it usually is a close game until they get switched to the other side and then we completely dominate them. i have next to no problem with broadcast other than maybe a couple of rooms that people camp in, but those are very easily countered by cooked grenades. as for killhouse, it is only a waste of a map because it is only on team tactical and cage match, it could easily be a very good map for a barebones style map, same with shipment which i find to be a terrible map because of 3x frag and martyrdom, luckily i didn't have to pay any extra for this map.

Maybe someone can school me on this:

Ok, I finally caved and bought Call of Duty 4 GOTY for $40 at Gamestop. The one they gave me didn't mention the 4 free maps on the front (the only one I think that said that was the gut, and I wasn't about to take the gut. Not sure if my GS employee's looked at all the new ones though, they didn't seem to care). Should I take it back before I open it and try to get another one that mentions the free maps at another store?

I saw someone link to this: http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/

Does the codes being exhausted mean that even if I got one with the code inside, I wouldn't be able to get the maps?

Also, would you guys recommend picking up the pack. I usually only play TDM, so other modes wouldn't really matter to me.

To anyone who may have a console in repair...I contacted XBOX customer support to see if I could get anything for free since I wanted to purchase this. BIG FAT NO.

[quote name='lolwut?']Maybe someone can school me on this:

Ok, I finally caved and bought Call of Duty 4 GOTY for $40 at Gamestop. The one they gave me didn't mention the 4 free maps on the front (the only one I think that said that was the gut, and I wasn't about to take the gut. Not sure if my GS employee's looked at all the new ones though, they didn't seem to care). Should I take it back before I open it and try to get another one that mentions the free maps at another store?

I saw someone link to this: http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/

Does the codes being exhausted mean that even if I got one with the code inside, I wouldn't be able to get the maps?

Also, would you guys recommend picking up the pack. I usually only play TDM, so other modes wouldn't really matter to me.[/quote]

You might be able to open it and check, and if it isn't there, you may be able to go back and say that you were expecting the code to be there. Or, just go call them and make sure. As for the posts above, Killhouse is THE best map for C4ing. You can throw a C4 past the middle tower (about 3/4th of the map) from the top bunker on each side. Everything is open, such as the buildings on the side (easy C4 access).

Killhouse is fun with 6-8 people though. I remember when I played with a few of my friends and random people we picked up in a Private Match. We played the same map Killhouse for 2-3 hours. Fun times. ;)

[quote name='doubledown']To anyone who may have a console in repair...I contacted XBOX customer support to see if I could get anything for free since I wanted to purchase this. BIG FAT NO.[/quote]

Xbox never gives anything if you mention the word free. This is similar to the situation with undertow, where people had an xbox in repair. I guess you missed out, but, if I was calling, I would have asked if there was any way I could get the Map Pack on CoD4 since it's 400 this weekend. I wouldn't ask for something free.

FREE Call of Duty 4 Picture Pack

With an update, as well as an extra bump, Infinity Ward either released or made this free: a new "Prestige Icons" Picture Pack along with the 2x EXP Weekend (I assume). This Picture Pack is available for free. All the Prestige Icons are available. Pics included in a few seconds.

12dsb2JhbC8RDwQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA1ZQAAAAAAAAD4H1z2.jpg
1Wdsb2JhbC8SDwQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA1ZgAAAAAAAAD6PlVD.jpg
1mdsb2JhbC9EDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2MAAAAAAAAAD5xNbb.jpg
12dsb2JhbC9FDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2MQAAAAAAAAD4JC5I.jpg
1Wdsb2JhbC9GDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2MgAAAAAAAAD6BSf9.jpg
1Gdsb2JhbC9HDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2MwAAAAAAAAD75d9u.jpg
0Wdsb2JhbC9ADAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2NAAAAAAAAAD+RzSX.jpg
0Gdsb2JhbC9BDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2NQAAAAAAAAD-p8wE.jpg
0mdsb2JhbC9CDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2NgAAAAAAAAD9hsWx.jpg
02dsb2JhbC9DDAQJBxkAGABaL3RpbGUvMC8yODA2NwAAAAAAAAD8Zj0i.jpg

[Badge images taken from MyGamerCard]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chronotrigga']FREE Call of Duty 4 Picture Pack

With an update, as well as an extra bump, Infinity Ward either released or made this free: a new "Prestige Icons" Picture Pack along with the 2x EXP Weekend (I assume). This Picture Pack is available for free. All the Prestige Icons are available. Pics included in a few seconds.

[Badge images taken from MyGamerCard][/quote]

SWEET! Now I can show people my level 3 prestigeness.

[quote name='Trakan']I downloaded that picture pack for free back when it first released.[/quote]

Hm.. it showed up on the new arrivals on XBL Store. Must've been glitchy xD

Yeah, that picture pack is old, but I think it was a promotion during the last Double XP weekend because it seemed to disappear after I downloaded it. Everyone kept asking where I got the gold cross gamerpic.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Hm.. it showed up on the new arrivals on XBL Store. Must've been glitchy xD[/QUOTE]

Not a glitch. MS had removed them but infinity ward asked MS to put them back on XBL
as part of the weekend promo. So they came back as new

[quote name='doubledown']To anyone who may have a console in repair...I contacted XBOX customer support to see if I could get anything for free since I wanted to purchase this. BIG FAT NO.[/quote]
If you have a friend with a 360 just recover your gamertag on their console and buy the maps.

That last game was great! We beat the pants off those guys after their shit talking the previous match. That game is the first one where Khondor seemed generally pissed, and wanted us to pull together and lay the smack down. I actually did really well that last match as well. I can't say that about the rest of my night but I still had fun.

[quote name='Chase']Yep, Khondor's verve revved up the vehicle we used to run over those guys.
4indbq.gif
[/QUOTE]

Doh! I totally have that Ghostbusters theme song stuck in my head now. Thanks, Chase!

[quote name='R1V3R5']That last game was great! We beat the pants off those guys after their shit talking the previous match. That game is the first one where Khondor seemed generally pissed, and wanted us to pull together and lay the smack down. I actually did really well that last match as well. I can't say that about the rest of my night but I still had fun.[/QUOTE]

We had just kicked these guys asses hard that round before we lost on creek. The one guy said how good we where. Then they turn around and win one after catching us on creek and start talking shit.. Come on....... :whistle2:x
That kid saying we should quit playing really pissed me off
I knew as long as the next map wasn't Bloc or Countdown, their ass was all mine :twoguns:
and I knew you guys probably felt the same way

[quote name='Chase']Yep, Khondor's verve revved up the vehicle we used to run over those guys.
4indbq.gif
[/quote]

Now Chase, you know a proper Khondormobile would have wings and be squirting out claymores ... ;) !

[quote name='Shan82']Now Chase, you know a proper Khondormobile would have wings and be squirting out claymores ... ;) ![/quote]

When I get home, I'm totally Photoshopping a blimp with wings pooping claymores! :D

thx sharn

I know I might not be a well known member, but I figured it's worth a shot.

I'm looking for someone else to play with on CoD4. While it's all good to own up a server by myself, I find it's even better when you're sharing the killing with a fellow friend :lol:. I typically play Team Deathmatch but I'm open to playing any other modes. I'm on basically every night, so I'm lookin for someone to play a good amount of days out of the week with. If you're interested, just shoot me a PM on here or a message on XBL about CoD4.

Hey LOL! Check out the CAG Gaming group COD4 thread and just add a bunch of people that you see posting (recently). People are on pretty regularly and there's a Thursday night COD4 night which normally has quite a few people! Everyone's pretty busy/scarce at the moment, but you'll normally find a few around at night/on weekends! :D

lol, I'll add you guys as soon as Live gets back up. I dunno about y'all, but being a commuting college student with no job until mid October, I have a lot of time to play CoD :lol:

[quote name='lolwut?']lol, I'll add you guys as soon as Live gets back up. I dunno about y'all, but being a commuting college student with no job until mid October, I have a lot of time to play CoD :lol:[/QUOTE]

Funny, I'm in the same situation, only I don't even have a job and I have no time to play. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to to write a short five page paper on Japanese literature from 1865-1945.

[quote name='xcoax']Funny, I'm in the same situation, only I don't even have a job and I have no time to play. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to to write a short five page paper on Japanese literature from 1865-1945.[/quote]

Wow, from the sounds of it, I wouldn't want whatever your class your in. Maybe it's because I'm only a freshman, but my classes aren't too taxing, so I have plenty of time to play :cool:

Oh yeah, freshman... have fun while it lasts.

I'm out here reading 150-200 pages a day and loving my life. Luckily next week is midterm season and then I'll have Fall break for two whole days.

Ahhhh the good 'ol days of college! ;) How I miss the homework on weekends/nights/breaks ... hmmmm ... happy to be working! :p

And Hamster, is that class trying to prepare you for time travelling or something? What in the world is that going to apply to in life?? ;)

[quote name='xcoax']Funny, I'm in the same situation, only I don't even have a job and I have no time to play. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to to write a short five page paper on Japanese literature from 1865-1945.[/quote]

Probably shouldn't have gone to a school that makes you a "Better rounded individual" by forcing you to take those other classes (i.e. Math, Literature, Science).

Hooray business school!!! My homework is watch ESPN and write a summary of a commercial.

[quote name='yukine']Why would anyone want to read a book about pillows?[/quote]

Hahaha... I know! Though, I did earmark the page about pillows one can buy if they are into cuddling dwarfs but not actual, smelly dwarfs.

8-[

(I only bought two.)

[quote name='mvp828']My homework is watch ESPN and write a summary of a commercial.[/quote]

Yay to clown college :whistle2:\" !

And I want to pick me up some pillow books ... just think, you could lie in bed on your pillows ... and read about pillows!! *excitement mounts* :bouncy:

[quote name='mvp828']Probably shouldn't have gone to a school that makes you a "Better rounded individual" by forcing you to take those other classes (i.e. Math, Literature, Science).

Hooray business school!!! My homework is watch ESPN and write a summary of a commercial.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is exactly my "go out and learn something about the world around you you ignorant prick" class that they like to make everyone take. Little did I know "modern" Japanese literature meant nothing later than 1945 and also the most boring stuff I've ever read. It's basically like 60 pages a night of "man, I wish I could do this, but I can't because I shouldn't and it would shame my family and country." Ugh.

Wow. Well being that I go to a semi-lax state school and I'm majoring in Communications, I'm not sure I'll have stuff quite as bad as that.

To stay on topic though, I took down all your gamertags, and I'll be sure to add you when Live goes back up

I am majoring in Entertainment, Sports, and Promotions Management. So, you can see why watching ESPN and stuff would qualify as homework and proper education tools.

Technically video games have qualified as homework on more than one occasion. You'd be suprised how intrigued professors are when you tell them all of the advertising that goes on in video games.

bread's done
Back