Call Of Duty 4 Xbox 360 $39.99 @ Cc 12/02 - 12/08 (OOS Online)

I dont understand this sale, as long as they are going to do this, why not do it for PS3 version as well? Anyway, thanks for the post!

If you want it for the single player, wait untill it's 30 bucks and under. If you want it just for multiplayer, your probably already bought it and are enjoying it.

Why has no one learned that CC is a terrible company, known long ago for the "bait-n-switch" tactic. Does everyone have Alzheimer's disease here? They said they would give people a free copy of COD3 when purchasing COD4 only to find out the stores didn't have them or took them off the shelves. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.

hello everyone
i had a question i bought call of duty 4 without COD3 when it first came for full price, could i just show them my recipe and get 20 dollars back? how long do i have?
thanks in advance

[quote name='lilchubz11']hello everyone
i had a question i bought call of duty 4 without COD3 when it first came for full price, could i just show them my recipe and get 20 dollars back? how long do i have?
thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

It is usually 30 days. I'm in the same boat as you. I hope to get 20.00 Back :D

[quote name='Pck21']Why has no one learned that CC is a terrible company, known long ago for the "bait-n-switch" tactic. Does everyone have Alzheimer's disease here? They said they would give people a free copy of COD3 when purchasing COD4 only to find out the stores didn't have them or took them off the shelves. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.[/quote]

Because many people have had issues with other companies as well. It's not like all of their errors are in 1 direction.

They still screw up any kind of buy one get one free/1/2 off several times a year.

[quote name='Pck21']Why has no one learned that CC is a terrible company, known long ago for the "bait-n-switch" tactic. Does everyone have Alzheimer's disease here? They said they would give people a free copy of COD3 when purchasing COD4 only to find out the stores didn't have them or took them off the shelves. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.[/QUOTE]

Who said I'd be buying this from CC? I will purchase it from them as perhaps a last resort.

I plan on having Sears PM the deal (since they PM 110%). If it works, it will be especially advantageous for me seeing as it could count toward Discover Card's current promotion (spend $200 at any participating mall and get a free $20 Discover GC).

Sweet deal, but lets honor the one who leaked these ads far in advance: Speedy. So please for the LOVE OF SPEEDY, *PRICE MATCH* this sucker and do NOT buy from Circuit City, unless we are 100% sure they are losing money on this... then bleed them dry :D

Gah! I had just bought CoD4 from Amazon for $48 because I didn't expect a $40 tag until after Christmas. Bah humbug.

For the rest of you, jump on this deal. Great game.

I just bought this for $60 from bestbuy a couple days ago but I lost my receipt, is there any way I can get a pm using my credit card statement

[quote name='gamer6587']I just bought this for $60 from bestbuy a couple days ago but I lost my receipt, is there any way I can get a pm using my credit card statement[/quote]
Yeah, I think you can get Customer Service to look it up.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Sweet deal, but lets honor the one who leaked these ads far in advance: Speedy. So please for the LOVE OF SPEEDY, *PRICE MATCH* this sucker and do NOT buy from Circuit City, unless we are 100% sure they are losing money on this... then bleed them dry :D[/quote]

I don't get it... Best Buy is just as bad if not worse than Circuit City. You're all upset because they didn't have infinite stock of a poorly reviewed year old game?

It was a promotion to liquidate excess inventory. Something like that obviously can't be guaranteed. It's not a "bait and switch", it's a "you snooze, you lose" (unless you went to a CC where they simply refused to honor it, even if they had it in stock... that's obviously a problem, and I'd imagine that if you got CC corporate on the phone and told them that your store wasn't honoring a corporate-backed promotion despite having stock of the item, they wouldn't kick the crap out of that store for you). Stores have promotions like this all the time and say something to the effect of "quantities limited". That's exactly what this was.

Sweet, I'll probably price match this at Best Buy because even though I dislike both stores, I'd rather go there. At least they have real checkout lines.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Sweet, I'll probably price match this at Best Buy because even though I dislike both stores, I'd rather go there. At least they have real checkout lines.[/quote] Same, hoping the PM will work. I got a similiar deal on GRAW2 where they PM'd it from Fry's for $40, so as long as I have the add, I should be golden :)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Sweet deal, but lets honor the one who leaked these ads far in advance: Speedy. So please for the LOVE OF SPEEDY, *PRICE MATCH* this sucker and do NOT buy from Circuit City, unless we are 100% sure they are losing money on this... then bleed them dry :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, making CC's competitors bleed cash will certainly make CC cry oceans of sorrowful tears.

Good deal. Now only if I could PM at TRU since I have a $40 gift card... I CAN"T spend any more cash until after Christmas. My wallet is getting too slim.

[quote name='leshrac55']*goes completely off topic*.[/QUOTE]

No offense but what does this have to do with my Speedy post? I guess you don't know the whole deal about the Speedy situation. Shame on you.

Also this is about not giving CC a single dime in profit. Again, if anyone has "inside" info that CC loses money on each game sold (which they probably do) by all means go in there and buy just COD4 so they get no profit. That is the right intention.

[quote name='Pck21']Why has no one learned that CC is a terrible company, known long ago for the "bait-n-switch" tactic. Does everyone have Alzheimer's disease here? They said they would give people a free copy of COD3 when purchasing COD4 only to find out the stores didn't have them or took them off the shelves. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.[/quote]

Actually, I've found them much more fair than best buy.
They were good with the recent 20$ off 2 deal, and during the COD3 fiasco, our local CC simply gave 30$ gift cards with every 60$ COD4 purchase, which is even better than getting COD3...

[quote name='Pck21']Why has no one learned that CC is a terrible company, known long ago for the "bait-n-switch" tactic. Does everyone have Alzheimer's disease here? They said they would give people a free copy of COD3 when purchasing COD4 only to find out the stores didn't have them or took them off the shelves. I'll believe it when I see it I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when CoD4 came out and CC offered CoD3 for free was insane. My local CC had about 2 CoD3 and about 30 CoD4. CC is crap for deals. I PM CC whenever possible.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']Call of Duty 4
Modern Warfare - $39.99each(Reg. $59.99, Save $20).

Make it a better deal by PM(110%) to BestBuy !!

And if you like to get the PC Version of this game, Bestbuy has it for $39.99each after $10Saving - Week of 12/02-12/08..

Then PM to CC to get it less than $40.00 included tax.

~~~ripped from slickdeals
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=670582[/quote]

I think Best Buy will only give you 100% price difference on the spot...110% price match is IF you bought the game and within 30 days (i believe) it shows up cheaper somewhere else. pretty sure...

[quote name='musics_muse']I think Best Buy will only give you 100% price difference on the spot...110% price match is IF you bought the game and within 30 days (i believe) it shows up cheaper somewhere else. pretty sure...[/quote]Yeah, so the only way to actually get a full 110% PM at Best Buy is to buy it at their registers for full price and then take your receipt along with the ad to the Customer Service desk and do the PM there.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yeah, so the only way to actually get a full 110% PM at Best Buy is to buy it at their registers for full price and then take your receipt along with the ad to the Customer Service desk and do the PM there.[/quote]yea it varies who u go to. i used to just have them pricematch & take the extra 10% off. but the last time i went to pricematch VF5, the rep was like just buy it, and ill do the 110% right afterwards.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Good deal. Now only if I could PM at TRU since I have a $40 gift card... I CAN"T spend any more cash until after Christmas. My wallet is getting too slim.[/quote]dude, i'm on the same boat as you but i have a $36 dollar GC.

[quote name='heimdal']does the ps3 get the shaft AGAIN? boo[/QUOTE]

I would go to CC and try to get a PS3 VERSION. During the COD4+COD3 bundle bungle, the girl gave me a PS3 version by mistake but I refused it.

Hmm, this is a tricky one. Would I be able to PM this at Best Buy since I bought it there less than 30 days ago, but I also used the $25 SMG gift card + $5 off Gamepro coupon on the purchase?

Gift card should be no issue, they'll probably try to refund to the gift card, so make sure you specify how you want it refunded.

They'll probably reject the gamepro coupon if you do it though, because it's a price match, not a BB promo. You'll have to take one or the other.

[quote name='triforcer']dude, i'm on the same boat as you but i have a $36 dollar GC.[/QUOTE]

curious as I still have $25 at tru, does tru price match?

bread's done
Back