Call of Duty 7 subscription based

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Those days are over because companies lose money that way. weapons, skins, maps, any thing they make cost shit tons of money. even if its a crappy skin. You have the labor cost , bills for the building he/she is doing it in, etc, etc. Quality cost money. They have no reason to just give stuff up at a lose of money so some people don't feel left out.[/QUOTE]

A lot of that stuff is created during the same time they're making the part of the game that they sell for $60 at release. There is reason to make stuff free eventually and some companies do this. It keeps your community together and keeps more people playing your game and buying the next one you make. There needs to be some balance. As it is now some people are paying close to $100 after buying the DLC, sometimes over $100. Companies do not need to charge this much for the content of 1 game, they're ripping people off and you may be one of them.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Those days are over because companies lose money that way. weapons, skins, maps, any thing they make cost shit tons of money. even if its a crappy skin. You have the labor cost , bills for the building he/she is doing it in, etc, etc. Quality cost money. They have no reason to just give stuff up at a lose of money so some people don't feel left out.[/QUOTE]
Valve has pumped out more free content for Team Fortress 2 then paid content for any other shooter this generation and it pays off for them with "significant TF2 sales spikes coinciding with the game’s major updates and short film releases."

I wouldn't pay for a subscription on top of my Xbox Live subscription, personally, but I see INfinity Ward (Or Activision) trying to copy off a set up like MAG and presenting it as a MMO. It could be good if done well, I think

I'll stick with Counter Strike Source thank you. $19.99 gives me a game that has been played for more than 5 years now, and will never quit. Hopefully MAG on PS3 will be the same.

I love Modern Warfare 2, but I definitely wouldn't pay for it or any CoD game, although I have a feeling quite a few of my RL friends would. But if they are gonna make a subscription service, they had better keep it updated a lot, and not have all these bugs/glitches.

I just have a feeling that Activision will milk the Call of Duty franchise to the point where everyone is tired of it, like what they do now with Guitar Hero.

bread's done
Back