Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (PS Vita) $9.99 New at GameStop

Picked up my copy just now. One guy offered me a used copy when I mentioned it was $10 for new the other guy said yes I have it right here. Used would have probably cost me more since I had a $5 coupon which I think was only good for new games. Came with the code for the PSP COD game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do all copies come with the PSP game or just a certain version?
I think they all do.

Just price matched at Best Buy since I had a $5 certificate, so $5.29 for two games is pretty good. Especially considering it rang up as $35. I finished the campaign back when it came out as I had bought a used copy which I returned to Gamestop during the seven day period. Don't mind coming back to it because of Hostiles mode. That mode just makes the game for me and never gets old. Pretty much a horde mode of sorts where you survive waves of bot soldiers, while in between waves a supply drop will show up with a better gun. It's a great pick up and play mode.

Do you think amazon will price match?

i'm not sure how to do that!
if you mean on a one on one basic then usually no per there policy but if you go to the product page on amazon and scroll down to product details there a option that say tell us about a lower price just submit that form the only bad thing about that though is enough people have to submit that form for amazon to take notice and change anything not just one single person submitting the form will get them to change the price.

Thanks OP. Clerk said it was $19.99 but scanned for $9.99. And it was sealed, like how Daniel Bryan is gonna seal the WWE championship tomorrow. 

Tried pming at BBY, no luck, tried getting gamestop to give it to me for the online price, no luck again..oh well

Clerk tried to talk me out of it but I bought it anyway. Special Ops were my favorite part of COD so hopefully it'll be worth the $10. If I regret it I have nobody to blame but me.

I got one today, they had a sealed one.

It's worth $9.99, that's about it. And coming from someone who played all the other CoDs on veteran, this game is TOUGH. It's up there with CoD2 and W@W so far.

I bought it yesterday and traded it in to best buy today. I couldn't stand the controls, lack of story, and the ps 2.5 graphics on top of that. If you like it, then I'm glad for you but it just wasn't my thing.

How? It rings up at the sale price. There's nothing to argue.
The clerk refuses to give the sale price and was telling me that I need to buy the 4GB PSVita memory card for me to get the deal.

The clerk refuses to give the sale price and was telling me that I need to buy the 4GB PSVita memory card for me to get the deal.
The other guys point is you should have said you just wanted the game, when the clerk scans it, it would be 9.99. No coupons or Overrides needed.

Dude is being a dick and lying to you. When you go back and he still refuses, buy something that's a $1 and destroy him on the survey. If he does let you get it, still burn him for wasting your time.

Still got your receipt? If so go tellgamestop.com and enter the info from the receipt and in the survey they'll ask if you had a problem and explain that in detail and provide a phone number.

Did this once after a terrible experience and ended up receiving a call from the district manager and got a apology and a $20 gift card.

Yeah, I'll by that game when the price = a turd. If I can walk into a store and trade a turd of mine for it, then maybe I'll take it.

I just grabbed a stoll sealed copy. Also got a bunch of cod ghost swag they were trying to get rid so that was cool. I will screw around with it a bit to see if it's fun.

I wish they were putting the real CoD games on Vita. I'm sure they COULD with enough effort.

I bought this new even despite the bad review :whistle2:/

I'm still blown away by Unit 13, like the fact that it tooootally looks like a...well, now last gen game, to say nothing of Killzone :whistle2:D
Unfortunately it'll never happen. Especially with looking at the Lego games, the vita and 3ds versions are mini-game ports even though they could easily been the full game, at least for the vita.

Tried pming at BBY, no luck, tried getting gamestop to give it to me for the online price, no luck again..oh well
I almost had this problem today. I stopped in a GS at a mall and this clueless female clerk looked at me like I had three heads when I asked for the game. She had me repeat the title three times. Then she finally tells me it's $17.99 used. I tell her I want new and she says it's $19.99. I tell her itshould be onsale and she tells me she's never heard of a Vita game being that cheap. I show her their online listinb on my phone. She says "Are you sure that's our site?" Ishow her the url and then she says "Does tnat say the price to rent?" Now I'm baffled? Wtf are you talking about lady? You work here but I'm pretty sure GS doesn't rent games. She goes in the back and comes back and tells ne the manager said it must be an online only price. I ask her to ring up a copy to see if it shows $9.99 and she acted like I asked her for her first born child. I asked again and told her there was even an option to pick up in store but thqt would be pointless since I'm already fucking in the store. She goes back to the manager and again tells me it's online only. I tell her "I guess you just don't want my money?" and walk out as she gives md a sarcastic "Have a nice day."
I tried to pm atBest Buy, whom I much prefer, but they didn't have it. So thenI call another GS onky a few miles away. I ask the friendly female clerk if they have the game and she said they did. I asked how much and she said it was $19.99. I asked her ifshe could kind,y just scan it because itshould be $9.99. She does and says, yup $9.99, and asked if she should hold a copy? I head there and pick it up but a male manager rung me up. I to.d him about the other store and he couldn't believe it. Then he even shows me that they had a ton of flyers on the counter and the game was on it priced $9.99. He said all stores have that flyer.
Sorry for the long post but I was annoyed. Needless to say I'll be filling out a survey and see what happens.

I almost had this problem today. I stopped in a GS at a mall and this clueless female clerk looked at me like I had three heads when I asked for the game. She had me repeat the title three times. Then she finally tells me it's $17.99 used. I tell her I want new and she says it's $19.99. I tell her itshould be onsale and she tells me she's never heard of a Vita game being that cheap. I show her their online listinb on my phone. She says "Are you sure that's our site?" Ishow her the url and then she says "Does tnat say the price to rent?" Now I'm baffled? Wtf are you talking about lady? You work here but I'm pretty sure GS doesn't rent games. She goes in the back and comes back and tells ne the manager said it must be an online only price. I ask her to ring up a copy to see if it shows $9.99 and she acted like I asked her for her first born child. I asked again and told her there was even an option to pick up in store but thqt would be pointless since I'm already fucking in the store. She goes back to the manager and again tells me it's online only. I tell her "I guess you just don't want my money?" and walk out as she gives md a sarcastic "Have a nice day."
I tried to pm atBest Buy, whom I much prefer, but they didn't have it. So thenI call another GS onky a few miles away. I ask the friendly female clerk if they have the game and she said they did. I asked how much and she said it was $19.99. I asked her ifshe could kind,y just scan it because itshould be $9.99. She does and says, yup $9.99, and asked if she should hold a copy? I head there and pick it up but a male manager rung me up. I to.d him about the other store and he couldn't believe it. Then he even shows me that they had a ton of flyers on the counter and the game was on it priced $9.99. He said all stores have that flyer.
Sorry for the long post but I was annoyed. Needless to say I'll be filling out a survey and see what happens.
Yeah..some GS' are bad like that. There are 3 in my town and the only close to my house I've yet to encounter problems with. The other two are different...the one in the mall is actually the best GS but it takes me longer to get to it and the last one is always hit or miss.

Instead of begging the GS worker to check the price, just act like you're going to buy the game at full price.  When it shows $9.99 wait until after you pay to cuss her out.  If it shows $19.99 just leave.

Instead of begging the GS worker to check the price, just act like you're going to buy the game at full price. When it shows $9.99 wait until after you pay to cuss her out. If it shows $19.99 just leave.
this, i think some of the people here are having problems because it would sound like they were trying to get the employee to pricematch or give a discount.

Instead of begging the GS worker to check the price, just act like you're going to buy the game at full price. When it shows $9.99 wait until after you pay to cuss her out. If it shows $19.99 just leave.
Pretty much this. Could have just bought it at the first store and saved some running around.

Went in, bought my sealed copy for $9.99, walked out. This shouldn't be the least bit difficult. Funny thing is that the employee tried to convince me the game was crap and that i shouldn't buy it but thats hardly the first time I've had them do something like that.

Funny thing is that the employee tried to convince me the game was crap and that i shouldn't buy it but thats hardly the first time I've had them do something like that.
I never understand that. I get advising someone to avoid a certain product and get something else but to straight up tell someone not to buy something, you're essentially telling that person you don't want their money. As a business, that's a horrible thing to do. Then again, it is gamestop.

Situations like these with GameStop is one the main reason I'm still upset to this day over the lost of funcoland they had great games and amazing prices and the employees were actually nice and helpful

Sure, I could've done that. But the fact of the matter is that customer service as a whole has really went down the shitter over the past decade or more.

When I saw a few people saying that GS still showed the game at $19.99 I didn't want to waste my time. All she had to do was take ten seconds to grab a copy and scan a barcode. Plus, this chick seemed literally clueless abouit gaming in general. How have you never heard of Call of Duty and you work at a game store?!? I don't expect these guys to know everything about every game ever developed but come on! Especially when there are banners all over your store advertising a big sale on Call of Duty games. And then to think that the price was for a rental?!? When has Gamestop ever rented games?!?

Ugh.

Sure, I could've done that. But the fact of the matter is that customer service as a while has really went down the shitter over the past decade or more.

When I saw a few people saying that GS still showed the game at $19.99 I didn't want to waste my time. All she had to do was take ten seconds to grab a copy and scan a barcode.

Ugh.
Yeah Game Stop is probably my least favorite place to buy games or shop. For some reason I think my last full price release title purchase was The Last of US. I think they had some promotion where I traded some other game and got a decent credit towards this game. Maybe Gears Judgement. Anyway I had 5008 points and figured that is $5 might as well try and get this there before the bulk of my points expire. Without the $5 in points I would have probably just price matched it at BB.

I couldn't find the Vita section (it was two small shelves down low on the opposite side of a Wii-U rack) near the registers. So when the guy behind the counter asked me if I needed help I said yeah where are the Vita games. Then as I was on the floor looking he asked if I was looking for a specific game and I told him COD. He said he had a used copy for $17.99. I said new it is on sale for $10. That is when the other guy behind the counter confirmed the price for new and said he had a copy behind the counter.

I actually had just found a copy on the shelf but it was open and wasn't sure if it was considered new or used.

Anyway my transaction / experience went pretty smooth. The guy asked me if I wanted to renew my membership I said no thanks. He said it saved me $25 last year.

The guy who waited on me waited on me the last time and seems to be ok to deal with. Asks the questions he needs to ask (about the membership) and didn't try to hard sell me.

I just don't like Game Stop very much. Walmart might be the only one I like less. And well that is because it is Walmart. When I am there for a game I can't find an associate. When I am just browsing killing time they ask if I need help.

Sure, I could've done that. But the fact of the matter is that customer service as a whole has really went down the shitter over the past decade or more.

When I saw a few people saying that GS still showed the game at $19.99 I didn't want to waste my time. All she had to do was take ten seconds to grab a copy and scan a barcode. Plus, this chick seemed literally clueless abouit gaming in general. How have you never heard of Call of Duty and you work at a game store?!? I don't expect these guys to know everything about every game ever developed but come on! Especially when there are banners all over your store advertising a big sale on Call of Duty games. And then to think that the price was for a rental?!? When has Gamestop ever rented games?!?

Ugh.
Make sure to put in a complaint about that store/clerk/manager (although since you don't have a purchase receipt from them, you won't have an easy "survey" to fill out). I went yesterday to a local GS and asked for the game, told the guy it should be on sale for 9.99. He acted surprised, because he said it was 19.99, but pulled out a gutted ("new") copy and finally scanned it for 9.99. Copy was in good condition and included the download flyer for Call of Duty: Road to Victory (PSP CoD game) which hadn't been activated, so it all worked out.

That didn't last long....price error maybe? Or maybe it sold too well? :/
I think it was a weekend deal.

FYI, for those wondering about the online. I popped it in last night. It runs smooth and I had no issues getting into any games. I played about five matches and also tried one map of the wave based single player mode. Not bad for $10.

I debated if $10 was cheap enough to rebuy this just to see whatever fixes they have made since launch...

My Vita told me to not even bother

bread's done
Back