Call of Duty Black OPS

Hmmm looks like amazon has it up now, but no 20 dollar gift card for buying the hardened or prestige edition. I really want the hardened edition but only if they match the regular version with a 20 dollar gift card.

Looks like i may just use my Halo reach 20 dollar gift card and order the hardened edition from gamestop if they dont add the 20 GC later.

Any idea what the 4 co-op maps are for? Zombies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that $20 GC is really the deal breaker...the more I think about it, the more I can live without the extra 4 co-op maps...that's mainly what I wanted, the rest is just a bonus, but for $20 more and no $20 GC, I may have to stick with the regular edition.

Good to know about the zombie maps for Hardened so I will pick up the regular edition with the $20 gc since I don't really care for the COD zombie mode.

they'll put that as dlc in the future and sheep will buy it in loads. so it'll be as if they bought the prestige pack anyway in the end.

i dont want to sound like a hypocrite because ive bought things on xbox live (dlc) but knowing COD and its fans activision knows they can make 20 map pack all at $15 each and they(the fans) will willingly buy it up (since a majority of cod fans love zombie)

Heard some rumors going around about Black Ops multiplayer.

You only pick two perks now, and a third perk is chosen for you.
Stopping Power is gone. Juggernaut is back.
Tactical Insertion is back.

[quote name='Trakan']Heard some rumors going around about Black Ops multiplayer.

You only pick two perks now, and a third perk is chosen for you.
Stopping Power is gone. Juggernaut is back.
Tactical Insertion is back.[/QUOTE]

Wow, stopping power is gone? That honestly shocks me. If they're taking out stopping power I really wish they left juggernaut out too. I wonder how the third perk is chosen, that'll be interesting to see.

Kinda sucks that the zombie co-op stuff is only on the hardened/prestige editions. I already paid off the hardened edition but I know my friends are way too cheap to buy it, so I guess we won't be doing zombie co-op together. I need wealthier friends.

Source of said rumors? I don't know if I'd lime it or hate it. Though Juggernaut without stopping power would be way unbalanced. Then again, I play mostly hardcore so it wouldn't matter too much for that particular situation. Now I'm wondering what perks will be there and what won't. I know I won't miss OMA if that goes. fuck that shit.

I pre-ordered at GameStop for the 360 one day, my brother pre-ordered the next. I got a poster, he got a poster and the XBL Code for some avatar gear, don't think he's used it though. Anyone know if I go back in and ask maybe they'll give me a code?

[quote name='Trakan']I forgot one of the rumors, a big one. Killstreaks no longer build upon killstreaks.[/QUOTE]

im totally down with that.

Lets just hope there isnt a nuke type end all killstreak Because i hate when people just camp or even hide in a corner with their buddy who has tactical insertion just so he can boost and get a nuke. To be honest the nuke wasnt even that cool.

Has anyone redeemed their black ops avatar space suit yet? I got the email friday to go to the COD gamestop website and enter the code. Im still waiting for the 2nd email with the xbox live code in it.

Perks & Killstreaks
[youtube]X_G0BrvjW1c[/youtube]

Hutch's Gameplay Commentary
[youtube]fqwLMzYcFV8[/youtube]
[youtube]KOyxs7gUdPA[/youtube]
[youtube]ToRG_z3ib-o[/youtube]

Hutch's Wager Mode Commentary
[youtube]u4lqvAbDOPk[/youtube]
[youtube]HrLUDttoNKo[/youtube]
[youtube]J2S5xMxIT8w[/youtube]

Create-A-Class Loadouts
[youtube]YAM5AZxmT_M[/youtube]

^Damn, thanks for those.

I...shit man, I didn't really like MW 2 and told myself I wasn't getting this, but it's looking awesome. The Wager Mode stuff is really interesting. Also, hearing him talk about the added recoil and handling reminiscent of CoD 2 has me excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
One in the Chamber = :drool: :bouncy:

Wager matches look fun and a nice twist on the same ole thing. I haven't played in a couple months I better start knocking the rust off. I made it to 4th prestige this time before finally getting burnt out.

So why is it this game has what looks to be more high tech shit than MW2, yet it's set over 40 years in the past?

least they got something new this time. not just a ripp off of infinity wards previous game(MW2). prolly just rent this one to play the campaign. well see

[quote name='GUNNM']bow and arrows and tomahawks = high tech[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the laugh man.:lol::applause:

Anyway super siked about this game, I'm getting back into Modern Warfare 2 after a long hiatus and looking to make my skills sharp for Black Ops.

man this game sounds awesome. i love the customization i read about, to your character, logos, guns. Also glad to see no one man army or stopping power/juggernaut. Just hope they dont have noob tubes, or that 10 foot lunge when attacking with a knife. Not that happy to see dogs back, but at least its not until you get a 11 kill streak. In WAW i hated them but i think they were only a 5 kill streak reward. Plus i read they were doberman instead of german shepards.

[quote name='The 7th Number']man this game sounds awesome. i love the customization i read about, to your character, logos, guns. Also glad to see no one man army or stopping power/juggernaut. Just hope they dont have noob tubes, or that 10 foot lunge when attacking with a knife. Not that happy to see dogs back, but at least its not until you get a 11 kill streak. In WAW i hated them but i think they were only a 5 kill streak reward. Plus i read they were doberman instead of german shepards.[/QUOTE]

noob tubes are in, commando pro is out.... from what those videos showed/said anyway

I was in the "Treyarch Games Suck" camp but after watching the wager video, I think I am totally going to buy this game. The wager games look like they are fun as hell (even though gun game has been around forever as a CS:S mod). Bravo to Treyarch for listening to the complaints of MW2 and actually fixing them for this game.

I'm really liking everything I'm hearing about Black Ops. It makes even more pleased that I already paid off the hardened edition. I like the sound of the currency system, that adds an extra layer of depth that breathes new life into the multiplayer system. I'm also really happy that Stopping Power and Juggernaut are officially not in it, that opens up a lot more options for me personally as I've never not used Stopping Power in MW2.

I'm just praying that the lag and everything that plagues MW2 is fixed to make this a more enjoyable experience that isn't filled with ungodly amounts of bullshit.

They were the 7 kill streak in W@W. I can't wait to get out of work so I can finally watch all those new videos.

*Side Note* How long do you guys think it will take hackers to ruin it after release? Hopefully Treyarch will actually be proactive about stomping out hackers.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']*Side Note* How long do you guys think it will take hackers to ruin it after release? Hopefully Treyarch will actually be proactive about stomping out hackers.[/QUOTE]

no clue. but im hoping alot of the community that hacks/camps/uses the knife (i dont really have too much of a problem with the people that knife, but when EVERYONE is doing it..... damn spawn deaths :bomb:) an what not stick with mw2, since they took out stopping power, commando pro, nuke.... hey i can hope cant i?:D

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']no clue. but im hoping alot of the community that hacks/camps/uses the knife (i dont really have too much of a problem with the people that knife, but when EVERYONE is doing it..... damn spawn deaths :bomb:) an what not stick with mw2, since they took out stopping power, commando pro, nuke.... hey i can hope cant i?:D[/QUOTE]
Keep the Dream Alive :)

black ops is more like mw2 2.5 really. mw2+waw put together really. don't know if i'm buying it now at launch since it seems like a tweaked version of something that already exists.

In case anyone was wondering, i emailed gamestop about the avatar space suit code. The site says you will be sent a code in 24-48 hours. i just got an email saying they wont ship the codes out till the game actually ships.

I liked CoD4 better than CoD WaW, but Infinity Ward really screwed up with MW2. Although I love what IW did in CoD4 I am glad that Treyarch is making Black Ops.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']*Side Note* How long do you guys think it will take hackers to ruin it after release? Hopefully Treyarch will actually be proactive about stomping out hackers.[/QUOTE]

I hope that they won't allow hacking to become a problem like it did in MW2. Infinity Ward didn't update MW2, and that let hackers go wild. Hopefully Black Ops will be maintained better than MW2 was.

I'm really glad that treyarch have gone in their own direction with this rather than making a MW2 clone. I preordered this after seeing the multiplayer reveal I'm really liking the look of the game so far. Reach will probably still be my primary multiplayer game though...

[quote name='PhantomBlob']I'm really glad that treyarch have gone in their own direction with this rather than making a MW2 clone. I preordered this after seeing the multiplayer reveal I'm really liking the look of the game so far. Reach will probably still be my primary multiplayer game though...[/QUOTE]

Seriously? This is like a carbon copy of MW2.

I give it a month or two. The problem is still Activision, they probably tell Treyarch/Infinity Ward (whats left of them) to rake in the money and not worry about hackers. We still bought the maps (or atleast sadly I did) for Modern Warfare 2 and they did nothing to stop the current situation of hackers/modders.

Anyways I like how this game looks a lot more balanced, at least on paper, then any Call of Duty Multiplayer experience to do. I'd actually like for them to keep in the nuke/25 kill streak just for giggles though.

If you want a game/developer that cares Reach will most likely have very little in the ways of modders/hackers (can't do much about boosters) because Bungie actively bans people left and right.

[quote name='GUNNM']bow and arrows and tomahawks = high tech[/QUOTE]

Right, because a crossbow is the same thing as a bow, right?

Not to mention it's a crossbow with timed explosive arrows. Oh, and there's also an explosive RC car (lolwut), ballistic knives, and a hand-held minigun. I don't even know if fucking red dot sights were around back then (definitely weren't widely used).

nt tho dick.

the crossbow idea was more like that the one in gears of war 2 except the character just holds it differently but they took the idea and ran with it. as far as the difference between this and mw2, so far not much except maybe the maps and the few game types they announced the other day. anyways, those game types they announced are more like free for all (solo) type of people. by the way, when they are using scavenger and other perks again you cannot say they are creative and also state that the game is different. it's more of they imported things from mw2 instead and made their job easier. black ops=halo 3+mw2+waw. because from halo 3, they took the ability to customize your emblem and record matches and what not. from waw, they took the flamethrower and a few other items as well. from mw2, they took some perks and other things as well. if you've played cod for the past few years and a few other big hit games you'll notice black ops is just a combination of other games and finally a game cod should of been a long time ago and I say that part pertaining to being able to record a match. still not impressed enough to purchase the game.

I've preoreded it but with things like the crossbow, flamethrower and rc car, I'm liking this less and less but I'm willing to give it a chance at $40 (Walmart giftcard purchase). I rolled over with prestige on COD4 and MW2 but barely got half way through one level of WAW, didn't care for the mp for it at all.

[quote name='lolwut?']Right, because a crossbow is the same thing as a bow, right?

Not to mention it's a crossbow with timed explosive arrows. Oh, and there's also an explosive RC car (lolwut), ballistic knives, and a hand-held minigun. I don't even know if fucking red dot sights were around back then (definitely weren't widely used).

nt tho dick.[/QUOTE]

You said more high tech than MW2, which hell no, this stuff isn't more high tech. All the stuff you listed is actually pretty primitive compared to today's technology.

I'm wodering, does anybody know the cheapest place to get Black Ops? I still havent pre-ordered it yet.

[quote name='El1te']I'm wodering, does anybody know the cheapest place to get Black Ops? I still havent pre-ordered it yet.[/QUOTE]

cheapest out of pocket? i believe newegg has it for $49.99

best deal imo? amazon w/ $20 video game credit (though walmart.com is offering a $20 gc. if you shop there often, that may be your best bet. i dont shop there very often)

most value? i believe TRU gives a $25 gift card from what i hear.

bread's done
Back