Call of Duty Black OPS

[quote name='Trakan']The guns are still level locked.

Played MW2 hopefully for the last time with Black Ops coming out. Here's a pic of my final stats.

[/QUOTE]

Nice stats.....I believe I have almost 39 days and have a full-time job but played nothing but MW2 pretty much for almost 11 months nightly. I've never dashboarded in my life, have backed out of a game maybe twice ever, and played waaaaay too much by myself too many times so have nowhere near that win streak. I swear I don't know how on earth you could have that sort of win-streak playing with randoms given I can go grossly positive and have just 3 random guys on our team get a combined 65 deaths like what kept happening to me yesterday afternoon. Also, just curious but what game types did you primarily play?

WRT the leaderboards reset I'll believe it when I see it because I remember hearing rumors that they were going to do the same thing with MW2 but they didn't. I'm really curious to see how this in-game reporting feature is going to turn out given I'm sure probably the majority of reports will be bogus so I'm hoping they pull an MS and start just filtering out those ass-hats that file bogus reports. It'd also be nice if they could work with MS to just ban the consoles of those found blatantly cheating given there is now the option to record matches. Also, after going back and playing some WaW this weekend I found out that they figured out a way to hack the 10th Prestige lobbies there too but it's blatantly obvious since you can see their stats in the lobbies which I fully welcome back so there will be no denying the cheating fucks.

One more daayyyyyyyyyyyy

4gqffc.gif

[quote name='woodcan']Nice stats.....I believe I have almost 39 days and have a full-time job but played nothing but MW2 pretty much for almost 11 months nightly. I've never dashboarded in my life, have backed out of a game maybe twice ever, and played waaaaay too much by myself too many times so have nowhere near that win streak. I swear I don't know how on earth you could have that sort of win-streak playing with randoms given I can go grossly positive and have just 3 random guys on our team get a combined 65 deaths like what kept happening to me yesterday afternoon. Also, just curious but what game types did you primarily play?[/QUOTE]

I always played with a team to ensure I never had to deal with randoms. We played Mosh Pit primarily so we could play all the gametypes randomly. Domination is probably our bread and butter.

I believe IW did do the stat reset, but they did it on like the Saturday before launch instead of launch night like Treyarch is supposedly doing.

[quote name='Trakan']Also, now that you got a team you play with regularly, we should have a rematch from our COD4 days. ;)[/QUOTE]

I would be down to do a rematch... It'd be interesting just to see if we could make it a little closer at least. However, I don't know who all would want to play against you. I know I ran it by a couple people last night and one of them said that he would like to play. There certainly won't be the shit talking behind it this time around either (even though the 2 people that did it last time didn't even bother to show up for the match).

[quote name='Trakan']The guns are still level locked.

Played MW2 hopefully for the last time with Black Ops coming out. Here's a pic of my final stats.

[/QUOTE]

Nice... You must have had a lot of long matches because I only had two days more than you but about 1,100 matches.

I forgot to snap a pic of my stats page, but I checked them last night and I was at:

5,600 wins
1,875 losses
14 ties
68 win streak

118,000 kills (right around there)
69,000 deaths
12,500 headshots
13,500 assists

37 Days 1-2 Hours

I think the thing that hurt me most was trying to get all of the kills for the killstreaks that I absolutely hated (Sentry, Stealth, Attack Helicopter). It is disappointing because I was really hoping to get all the Prestige Killstreak Challenges done, and I ended up with 630/1000 on the Stealth. I had kept trying to get it right up until last night where I finally said screw it and went back to using my K/D boosting streaks.

Also something that I thought was jacked up that I never realized until a couple of days ago is that when someone dashboards you get a loss. I was trying to get another good win streak going and we got sent back to the party screen and sure enough we got a loss for it.

Much like Flesh (Woodcan), I think that if I would have just played exclusively with the other people I play with I would have had a lot better W/L and probably a little better K/D. The problem was that before I graduated school I would play all the time at college and most of the time that was either until 4-6AM and there would only be 2 of us or it was between classes at 9AM until Noon by myself.

[quote name='Trakan']I always played with a team to ensure I never had to deal with randoms. We played Mosh Pit primarily so we could play all the gametypes randomly. Domination is probably our bread and butter.

I believe IW did do the stat reset, but they did it on like the Saturday before launch instead of launch night like Treyarch is supposedly doing.[/QUOTE]

Domination is by far my favorite game mode too... Lots of kills and high scoring. My personal best came on a Ground War Domination match on Rundown when I went 90-17-16. That was just a match I jumped into randomly (I joined the match in progress because I saw a friend was in it) and I also tested the whole double nuke thing only to find out that you could only launch one at once.

Well I just sent a PM over XBL to a buncha names in this thread. So if you want to add me feel free. I don't really have a group for online games and I'm lookin to kick ass. Add me for Tuesday. Woo woo

Maybe Domination will actually be playable this time, without people whoring kills, leading to way too many killstreaks covering the points. I did have tons of fun OMA-tubing Dominations on days that I just didn't care. Funny thing is, nobody on PC really complained at all about it. It's like they didn't care. Barely anyone OMA'd even after it was publicly exposed that it refilled tubes.

I'm a big fan of Demolition myself... besides the terrible bomb locations (Terminal, for example). Hopefully Treyarch put some effort into that. Flak Jacket will make it much more enjoyable. "What's that noise?" *seventy frag grenades fall from the sky* "HA-HA-HA. Entire team is BABIES!" *plants and runs away*

Oh yes. I do look forward to putting Flak Jacket on half of my classes.

A little bit more info... The following link includes:

List of features unlocked by rank (including rank level required, and Prestige benefits)

All perks + Pro effects details

Digital Warfare

Game Informer gave W@W 88/100.
I thought the game was fun, but nowhere close to MW1 & MW2 in terms of how polished the games were.

I know reviews are subjective and not likely to be trusted, but it's Treyarch and they've never produced a single AAA title--or even good if we exclude W@W--so Game Informer my only reference yet.
With that, just being 2 points higher than W@W, while MW & MW2 got 100 and 98 respectively, makes me to be skeptical.

[quote name='mvp828']I would be down to do a rematch... It'd be interesting just to see if we could make it a little closer at least. However, I don't know who all would want to play against you.

[/QUOTE]

I wanna play.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Gotta love how Fedex lets you pick up early. Just picked up the game and will be playing after work tonite.[/QUOTE]

I'm attempting to claw at you through the internet right now!

That's kinda fast. Where'd you get it from?

[quote name='woodcan']Activision probably has a release date review embargo on it but honestly who cares what sort of reviews it gets?[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine the people asking/looking for reviews of it.

[quote name='Rhett']I'm attempting to claw at you through the internet right now!

That's kinda fast. Where'd you get it from?[/QUOTE]

I preordered it from Wal-Mart.

I'm pretty curious about the reviews. There are always games/books/movies that I will play/read/watch no matter what but I still wonder about the reviews.

I guess personally I could really care less about the single-player story in the games since COD4 since I played that a small fraction compared to the time I put in online.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know you could do that before they tried a delivery. Looked it up online after my last post and i'm going to give that a try for my Amazon Fedex shipment of this game.

Fedex comes either bright and early or really late. I'd love to just go get it whenever the local facility opens for pickup. Hold at location is what they call it. :D

Thanks i'm pumped now!

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anyone seen any reviews for this game yet? Metacritic doesn't show any. Kinda surprised with this being a big release and all.[/QUOTE]
I posted the Game Informer one. 9/10. Other outlets probably won't post their reviews until tomorrow.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Game Informer gave W@W 88/100.
I thought the game was fun, but nowhere close to MW1 & MW2 in terms of how polished the games were.

I know reviews are subjective and not likely to be trusted, but it's Treyarch and they've never produced a single AAA title--or even good if we exclude W@W--so Game Informer my only reference yet.
With that, just being 2 points higher than W@W, while MW & MW2 got 100 and 98 respectively, makes me to be skeptical.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you're right I'm not sure I trust them either considering how high they rated Modern Warfail 2 and we all know how that piece of crap turned out.

Hell even World At War is a better game then Modern Glitchfest 2 and GI rated that much lower. I think i'll wait until a competent site does the review of Black Ops.

So is there arms and legs blown off or not? I heard people say there was supposed to be, but i dont see any. Though im just going by this feed im watching.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So is there arms and legs blown off or not? I heard people say there was supposed to be, but i dont see any. Though im just going by this feed im watching.[/QUOTE]

Though I can't speak for SP... In all of the videos I've seen of MP, I have not seen any limbs blown off. I'm pretty sure Treyarch commented that they had to consider the limitations of the 360, and adding all the new customization options lead them to remove it.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']People are going to be crushed they are using the eco cases, at least for regular edition.[/QUOTE]
im switching cases ASAP

http://www.game-pad.net/reviews/xbox-360/1218-call-of-duty-black-ops-review

Overall with these changes, and what seems to be the most balanced multiplayer experience since CoD4, Black Ops has achieved what MW2 wanted to achieve and that is near perfection in the franchise. With all the standard modes like TDM and Search you'll feel right at home with the game and its mechanics. You can see the attention and care the team has given to the MP experience to ensure that players will enjoy themselves no matter what their skill level is. This care and attention has also been put into the maps which I can truly say all 14 of them reflect the era exceptionally well and are well designed and balanced on all game modes. I have yet to witness any glitches or exploits in the game as of yet, which is a sign of a fully polished MP experience.

9.6/10

I've never even heard of this site so take it for what you will.

WTF Ice cube is the one that says "friendly spy plane inbound", along with other stuff? Thats gunna kill the 68 era vibe. Keep waiting for him to say "im droppin bombs on yo moms".

Half the shit doesn't even work on the BO website, the boards are down for maintenance, the Theater 'Beta' link is an endless cycle of log in pages after you've already logged in. I can't get to my profile after I've logged in.

It's like their game launching tomorrow was a surprise to them.

At least Bungie got that right on release.

[quote name='The 7th Number']WTF Ice cube is the one that says "friendly spy plane inbound", along with other stuff? Thats gunna kill the 68 era vibe. Keep waiting for him to say "im droppin bombs on yo moms".[/QUOTE]"kill car alarms!"

So if I were to get the regular edition of Black Ops, what retailer is my best option? Sorry if I already missed the discussion on this.

[quote name='The 7th Number']WTF Ice cube is the one that says "friendly spy plane inbound", along with other stuff? Thats gunna kill the 68 era vibe. Keep waiting for him to say "im droppin bombs on yo moms".[/QUOTE]

likeicecube.jpg

[quote name='Yamato']So if I were to get the regular edition of Black Ops, what retailer is my best option? Sorry if I already missed the discussion on this.[/QUOTE]

Either KMart or TRU. TRU gives you a $20 GC with purchase of any game $59.99 and up and a $50 GC for 2 games $59.99 and up.

KMart gives you $25 GC I think? I'm not sure how their points stuff work.

Also 'Shipping Soon', but not worried about it.

I've gone through two 360 games, one Arcade game, and the Undead Nightmare expansion in the last week, trying to wait out Black Ops. Ugh. And then I won't play anything else for a while, afterwards.

Just saw this on the Destructoid stream chat:

• djenerationt: The kids at the midnight launch didn't know who JFK was.
  • djenerationt: They were playing zombies and saying 'this character sounds like mayor quimby'
That is REALLY f*****g sad. Don't know who one of the most iconic presidents is but they know who Mayor Quimby is?

A question to those who have it already:

I noticed that a lot of places marked the zombie mode cutscene with spoilers? SO I have a question then: Do the "events" of the zombie mode take place AFTER Black Ops or during or it's unrelated??? I just want an answer please, I'd appreciate if you wouldn't go into detail.

bread's done
Back