Call of Duty Black OPS

So the MAC11 is the best weapon so far?

I've tried almost every weapon up to level 30, and I prefer the AUG so far with reflex scope. It has enough bullets to not worry too much about reloading after a fight and feels almost the same it did in MW2 - one of the few weapons to have the same feel. It's not extremely powerful but just powerful enough. It seems like the right balance between ammo clip, shooting speed and damage.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm so glad that this has split-screen MP...too many games don't off this now a days, even though its been standard for Halo and Gears.[/QUOTE]

Could end up being the norm for future games.

Seems like headshots are very difficult in this game to pull off. Maybe it's because of the fact that SMG's seem to be the only effective weapons. I've never really used SMGs in any COD game so that's probably my problem rather than the game's.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So the MAC11 is the best weapon so far?

I've tried almost every weapon up to level 30, and I prefer the AUG so far with reflex scope. It has enough bullets to not worry too much about reloading after a fight and feels almost the same it did in MW2 - one of the few weapons to have the same feel. It's not extremely powerful but just powerful enough. It seems like the right balance between ammo clip, shooting speed and damage.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty good. I think the ak74u is better.
I also like the aug a lot, great iron sights, the suppressor makes it very smooth. that and the fal are the only AR's I use.

also, I take back my previous comments about the m16, it sucks.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']What's so special about it? The way the gun mows people down?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to watch it, but if you clicked the supplied NeoGAF link, it leads to a specific post from the guy who posted the video. Supposedly he's chased by an RC car for a while. >_>

Oops sorry, when I try to link here, the video doesn't skip to the correct spot of the video.

Use the first link I posted, and click the link that the GAF user posted.

At the 3 min 35 second mark, an XD-RC car starts chasing the guy in circles for several, it's pretty funny.

I wish the guns had a total different feel. I am not really excited to unlock a gun I have been using the same way for 5+ years now. I also wish there where vastly different game modes even though the wager matches are a nice way to spice things up they are still just variations of TDM.

I think Treyrach just relies to heavily on the standards that IW set up and I kinda wish they would have went they own route with at least some of the core game play. I wish we can get back to COD2 type battles.

The party being dropped in just about every other match finding session is getting out of hand. I hope the upcoming patch will fix it.

So, what was the gun in that NeoGaf video above?

is anyone else having the same problems?
- friends/party members being dropped when trying to find a match? during game?
- m14 and fn fal freezing up. ( the gun freezes while shooting, cant shoot or reload)

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']is anyone else having the same problems?
- friends/party members being dropped when trying to find a match? during game?
- m14 and fn fal freezing up. ( the gun freezes while shooting, cant shoot or reload)[/QUOTE]

The first one, yes. My friends and I are getting fed up with getting kicked out of games for no reason. I haven't seen or heard of the second one, but I believe you. Why didn't Treyarch have a public beta for this game? We could have figured this stuff out a month before release!

Man... just started playing the vietnam level in campaign and it may be the single worst level ever designed. It illustrates all the problems in one nice concentrated form... endless spawning, bad AI, and unclear objectives. F-that.

Yeah, the party drops and crappy spawns really suck a lot of the fun out of the game. Had a blast playing last night for the most part, but it got old taking forever to get into a match and spawning near enemies so often.

Hopefully the first patch will fix this crap.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm so glad that this has split-screen MP...too many games don't off this now a days, even though its been standard for Halo and Gears.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my roommate and I played Halo Reach enjoying that feature. It's a little harder to see but at least you can get a buddy in to either fight with you or on the other team.

Due to my current location I can't play FPS games online so I decided to get NFS Hot Pursuit instead. However I've heard great things about the single player and combat training, I play against bots in Gears 2 from time to time. I might pick this game up down the line.

Yeah the talk of spawn kills is one thing that makes me miss playing Halo Reach. Bungie sure knows how to eliminate that stuff most of the time. There would be a few matches where it's just utter chaos but most of the time you had a fair chance with the balanced maps.

[quote name='paz9x']Its pretty good. I think the ak74u is better.
I also like the aug a lot, great iron sights, the suppressor makes it very smooth. that and the fal are the only AR's I use.

also, I take back my previous comments about the m16, it sucks.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the M16 on 360. I don't know why but goddamn does it take a lot of rounds to down someone.

I'm gonna try it out on the PS3 cuz I've had a much better experience on it, but I can't put down the 5k.

All in all this is way better than MW2 IMO.

BTW the little medal that came with the Hardened/Prestige editions of the game is fucking bad ass!

Not sure where I'm going to put it though :whistle2:k

[quote name='mvp828']Patch was out right at release... It was supposed to prevent glitches and other hacks. So far in about 6-7 hours of in game time, I have yet to see any glitches... Knock on wood.[/QUOTE]

ive had a couple of really annoying glitches in campaign before i beat it where the next objective didnt show, or it gave me the wrong one. like one time it said assist and after killing myself the objective was completely different, like wtf?

anyone remember who that reviewer was who said you played as too many people or something?

You play as THREE people total, and ONE of them is more of an interactive segment and the OTHER is only played as for like 4 missions. Was that reviewer retarded? EDIT: Oh right I forgot about Reznov, but even that's just one mission.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']anyone remember who that reviewer was who said you played as too many people or something?

You play as THREE people total, and ONE of them is more of an interactive segment and the OTHER is only played as for like 4 missions. Was that reviewer retarded?
[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned in the GT review.

whats wrong with Mulitiplayer matchmaking? it doesnt work I can find any games and no its not my internet connection.. I did a Google search and it seems to be a widespread problem?

So can you only play Combat training while online? If so, that kind of kills it for me. The only use for bots that I'd have is when I don't have a connection. Other than that, I'd rather play with real people than bots if I'm already online.

[quote name='Yamato']So can you only play Combat training while online? If so, that kind of kills it for me. The only use for bots that I'd have is when I don't have a connection. Other than that, I'd rather play with real people than bots if I'm already online.[/QUOTE]

No, you can't play it offline which pretty much means the Combat Training is just noob training because like you said if you're already online you would be playing with real folks.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']No, you can't play it offline which pretty much means the Combat Training is just noob training because like you said if you're already online you would be playing with real folks.[/QUOTE]

True. Totally lame that it can't be played offline.

I play it because it's 200% less stressful and aggravating than dealing with possible lag, dropshotting, questionable hit detection, and camping. I'm coming up on 50 though, and you can't prestige... :(

Treyarch, you never fail to disappoint. Jesus christ does this game suck compared to the Modern Warfare games. I thought they might have finally done a game right since CoD3 (the only Treyarch CoD I liked online), but they haven't. Who's bright idea was it so weapons are bought instead of unlocked? That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. The whole point in leveling in CoD is to unlock weapons. Now, we need money? I really don't like that at all. Others do... I guess?

And why the hell did Treyarch, yet again, put enemies that spawn infinitely in the campaign? That doesn't make the campaign challenging, it just makes it god damn frustrating! I don't want to have to get by part a and c of a level by sheer luck after a bajillion tries. Give me a good amount of enemies to kill. Not an infinite number. Didn't the CoD community pretty much tear Treyarch a new one because of World At Wars ridiculous enemies? Here they are, doing it again. /sigh

And since I don't plan on playing this game anymore, can anyone tell me how the Uzi is? Preferably in comparison to Modern Warfare 1? I'm just wondering if its good. If it is, then it might just keep me playing. Uzi + Silencer in MW was my favorite weapon combo of all time. 44 and 2 in a game once using that combo. =O Absolutely deadly, even at long range.

[quote name='DV8']So the MP to me is a little underwhelming. I had a lot of expectations coming into it, so it's partly my fault. But it just feels kinda... meh. I loved MW2, and so far I've logged almost 10 hours of play time. But this feels more like BF:BC2 than anything else. I hate how it takes a half a clip to kill someone. Aka I miss stopping power. Spawning is interesting because it prevents spawn trapping (Although a good team can still spawn trap). But damn I can't count how many times I've been shot in the back. The maps are really huge too. I think all of my classes use marathon as it's third perk.

Maybe the single player will make it worth it, but I'm glad I got a good deal on it and didn't pay full price. Anyone else feeling the same?[/QUOTE]

Maps are really huge? I don't feel that way at all. I think they're pretty much perfect (at least for my style of play).

They are definitely smaller than World at War. Bonus points for that Treyarch.

I just found out about the hidden games. I thought DOA was a lot of fun and really good with friends. Love how you first get to it.

[quote name='moojuice']Got my first Care Package kill ever (never got one in MW2) in this game:

It was weird because it was actually the last kill in a Domination match, so it got a GWKC, but the GWKC was upside down o_O[/QUOTE]

Hah... that was great... its like the guy just vanishes. :applause:

I ran into a weird glitch yesterday...

I have my kill streaks at 3, 5, 7, and last night I got 6 kills in a row. Instead of giving me the spy plane and napalm strike for 3 and 5, I got two spy planes. Anyone else run into this yet?

Had more fun playing last night. Zombie mode is a lot of fun, and I started doing a tad better in MP. Not good but was in the 6-9 to 11-10 range most team deathmatches, with a bad 3-13 mixed in.

They definitely need to fix the matchmaking though. Still had tons of issues keeping a party together, getting connection interrupted mid match etc.

I love Gun Game even though I suck at using a pistol and fall behind early. But last night I was trying to play Sticks and Stones and it kept putting me into either One in the Chamber or Combat Training.

So many fucking bullets to kill 1 person........................

I get ridiculous amounts of hit markers yet when I watch the kill cam, he gets hit 1 time and I get hit 3 and I die.

Yeah, I've got that a lot too. Lag is pretty bad. Not surprising with all the problems getting into games etc. Network it just overworked right now I guess. We kept getting in games with 2 or 3 people with 1 bar connections as well, which doesn't help.

[quote name='hustletron']So many fucking bullets to kill 1 person........................

I get ridiculous amounts of hit markers yet when I watch the kill cam, he gets hit 1 time and I get hit 3 and I die.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Same problem here. I hit a guy with 2 full clips on NukeTown last night and he didn't die. Of course I missed a few shots, but I actually used two clips up before someone knifed me from behind. However, sometimes it only takes a about 5 shots to kill someone with the same gun, attachments, range, and load outs. All I ask for is a bit of consistency.

The game is broken. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's horribly broken and it could have been fixed with a simple public beta months in advance. Anyone remember the problems with MoH's MP in beta? They fixed those issues and the game is pretty solid. Why do developers refuse to do betas for big releases these days? Is it an ego thing? I just don't get it. You might as well get it right the first time instead of going back and fixing bug after bug a week after release. If I don't do my job right the first time, I don't get 4th or 5th chances to get it right. :bomb:

[quote name='Pck21']Yep! Same problem here. I hit a guy with 2 full clips on NukeTown last night and he didn't die. Of course I missed a few shots, but I actually used two clips up before someone knifed me from behind. However, sometimes it only takes a about 5 shots to kill someone with the same gun, attachments, range, and load outs. All I ask for is a bit of consistency.[/QUOTE]
I should be getting my copy today, are you guys playing on hardcore?

I doubt they are. I've played some hardcore and the lag issue isn't as bad/frequent there since just a couple of bullets kills someone.

Still the occasional issue where you think you hit someone first though, and then see i in the kill cam that you never got a shot off. But not as often as playing regular.

Did anyone have connection problems last night? It took me and 4 friends at least 30 minutes to get into a TDM all together. We kept losing people, getting dropped from party, not everyone would get into the game, etc. Then we switched to domination and everything was fine. So weird and frustrating.

[quote name='tcrash247']Did anyone have connection problems last night? It took me and 4 friends at least 30 minutes to get into a TDM all together. We kept losing people, getting dropped from party, not everyone would get into the game, etc. Then we switched to domination and everything was fine. So weird and frustrating.[/QUOTE]

It's been like that every night for me.

[quote name='dmaul1114']It's been like that every night for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was in a party of 7 and we would find a game...then get dropped, find a game...then get dropped, etc. etc. etc.

The game itself is great it's just getting to the point where the spawns and being unable to kill people half the time makes it unplayable.

I was playing CTF last night and I ran through a doorway carrying the flag, as soon as I ran through the doorway, an enemy spawned behind me and shot and killed me.

Playing TDM on Nuketown today, I spawn behind one of the houses in the garden area, 2 enemies spawn at the same time on my left on the other side of the hedge bush whatever it is. So retarded.

[quote name='Pck21']Yep! Same problem here. I hit a guy with 2 full clips on NukeTown last night and he didn't die. Of course I missed a few shots, but I actually used two clips up before someone knifed me from behind. However, sometimes it only takes a about 5 shots to kill someone with the same gun, attachments, range, and load outs. All I ask for is a bit of consistency.

The game is broken. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it's horribly broken and it could have been fixed with a simple public beta months in advance. Anyone remember the problems with MoH's MP in beta? They fixed those issues and the game is pretty solid. Why do developers refuse to do betas for big releases these days? Is it an ego thing? I just don't get it. You might as well get it right the first time instead of going back and fixing bug after bug a week after release. If I don't do my job right the first time, I don't get 4th or 5th chances to get it right. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Because it will potentially cost them buyers in the long run anyways. People are more likely to buy into the hype of the Call of Duty franchise (expecting better each time) and getting the shaft every time, but already spending their money on it. I wont lie, I have bought all CoD titles since Modern Warfare close to or on day 1 mainly because of friends, but W@W had me wait to buy it because of the beta and I completely avoided buying Medal of Honor because of the beta. While I am glad to hear they fixed a lot of issues with the MoH one, that really isn't the case with CoD since they always seem to have the same issues almost every time at launch.

That's if for sure. I skipped W@W as I didn't dig the Beta much. No Beta and I probably would have bought it day 1.

That said, I am enjoying BO--feels more like MW2 than W@W to me. They just need to deal with the matchmaking and spawn problems.

bread's done
Back