Call of Duty Black OPS

[quote name='dmaul1114']I doubt they are. I've played some hardcore and the lag issue isn't as bad/frequent there since just a couple of bullets kills someone.

Still the occasional issue where you think you hit someone first though, and then see i in the kill cam that you never got a shot off. But not as often as playing regular.[/QUOTE]

That happens to me...all.the.fucking.time.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That happens to me...all.the.fucking.time.[/QUOTE]

me too. On my screen I havent rounded the corner yet and got killed, the killcam shows me strolling out past the corner and getting lit up. That situation pretty much repeats itself a dozen times a game session, shit is obnoxious.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Some of these pro perk requirements are god awful.[/QUOTE]

sleight of hand pro is great for me.
steady aim pro is worthless for my style.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Treyarch, you never fail to disappoint. Jesus christ does this game suck compared to the Modern Warfare games. I thought they might have finally done a game right since CoD3 (the only Treyarch CoD I liked online), but they haven't. Who's bright idea was it so weapons are bought instead of unlocked? That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. The whole point in leveling in CoD is to unlock weapons. Now, we need money? I really don't like that at all. Others do... I guess?

And why the hell did Treyarch, yet again, put enemies that spawn infinitely in the campaign? That doesn't make the campaign challenging, it just makes it god damn frustrating! I don't want to have to get by part a and c of a level by sheer luck after a bajillion tries. Give me a good amount of enemies to kill. Not an infinite number. Didn't the CoD community pretty much tear Treyarch a new one because of World At Wars ridiculous enemies? Here they are, doing it again. /sigh

And since I don't plan on playing this game anymore, can anyone tell me how the Uzi is? Preferably in comparison to Modern Warfare 1? I'm just wondering if its good. If it is, then it might just keep me playing. Uzi + Silencer in MW was my favorite weapon combo of all time. 44 and 2 in a game once using that combo. =O Absolutely deadly, even at long range.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you had a bad case of the campaign... >_>

The whole COD-based economy was implemented so players could unlock what they wanted, sooner (but weapons are still locked by level). You don't have to boost/focus on headshots anymore to go through some shitty camos or attachments (MW2...) anymore.

I almost don't like the new purchase system because it quickly gets overwhelming trying to set up 5 different classes early on, if you like to keep it fresh.

I believe Treyarch said they wanted to do more, and this was more of an experiment to them than anything. They wanted it to be more like a walk-in store, where you spend CoDP. I'd be happy if the little things like emblems, player cards, face paint, camo and attachments stayed that way... but I kinda miss constantly working on leveling something.

Boy is it nice not to be forced to fill in one perk, constantly, with Stopping Power, though. It's nice that you can actually make classes now, based on what you choose for perk 1.

The economy was also inspired by the fact that covert operatives could literally purchase any weapon they wanted off the black market.

The uzi is fine, but I prefer the MAC11.

[quote name='paz9x']sleight of hand pro is great for me.
steady aim pro is worthless for my style.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed what I meant. I have no problem with the perks themselves, they all have their place in someones style. My problem is forcing me to play CTF to unlock marathon pro.

I am with the above post on Gun Game. Love it. The dual wield pistols hold me back every time though. I am all over the place with them. I think that the Practice levels will definitely help me out at getting better with them. Still will never place in the money but 4th place will feel better than 6th.

The MAC11 is pretty good. I think I slightly prefer the Famas as the range is better and rate of fire is still pretty high so it works pretty well both mid to long range and up close.

Yeah, I've used the Famas and although it had more bullets it was quite jumpy, maybe with more equipped it could be a great gun.

[quote name='irratebass']Yeah, I've used the Famas and although it had more bullets it was quite jumpy, maybe with more equipped it could be a great gun.[/QUOTE]

put a supressor on it. I prefer the aug to the famas, i like the way the aug sights in, you get your sight picture faster.

So how is the flame thrower and noob tube in this game? Without scavenger being able to pick up more ammo for explosive and no danger close it really cuts down on my piss everyone off all explosive class. Which is the most fun class of them all.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So how is the flame thrower and noob tube in this game? Without scavenger being able to pick up more ammo for explosive and no danger close it really cuts down on my piss everyone off all explosive class. Which is the most fun class of them all.[/QUOTE]

It still manages to piss me off, cuz when I come around a corner, it takes forever to kill people then they just fire off a 203 and I die.

The flamethrower seems to work as intended, not too ridiculous not too underpowered.

I think running around with an RPG is still fun though.

[quote name='irratebass']Like my Avatar Flight Suite? Don't be hatin'[/QUOTE]

Got mine and gave the 6 extras GS sent me to all of my friends playing BO with me. :)

[quote name='Soodmeg']So how is the flame thrower and noob tube in this game? Without scavenger being able to pick up more ammo for explosive and no danger close it really cuts down on my piss everyone off all explosive class. Which is the most fun class of them all.[/QUOTE]

So you like playing as a complete f a ggot?

I just got this game and played about 5 games. First impression was it feels really slow. I thought looking at the videos it would be faster, or maybe its because i came off of playing halo reach.

The sounds are weird though. Like grenades sound more like a bag popping than a loud explosion..... is that how its supposed to sound?

That class was the best because of the complete over the top butt hurt reaction it brought out of people when they died by it. Too hilarious. It was the only time I plugged in my headset outside of a party.

People take the game way too seriously and nothing made them fly into a rage like being blown up more than once a match. Oh god the good times I had just running around noob tubing everyone.

Hey its not like I was glitching.

Last edited by a moderator:
The camping is getting on my nerves. This guy went 21 and 5 camping in a corner.

He also has last stand on and when I did "kill" him he went to last stand and emptied all 6 rounds in the python at me in the blink of an eye and I die.

Campers don't move very much, so all you have to do to ruin their fun is not go in that direction. And grenade the he'll out of if you have em. Tell your team to do the same.

I got this achievement,
(Sally Likes Blood 15
Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet),
While playing DOA. Saved me from having to find a set while playing campaign or, much less likely, online.

[quote name='Ziv']I got this achievement,
(Sally Likes Blood 15
Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet),
While playing DOA. Saved me from having to find a set while playing campaign or, much less likely, online.[/QUOTE]

I got that one randomly. Good thing too, because I don't how I would have gotten it. :lol:

I've been using the theater mode a lot lately and I've been watching my fire fights in games in slow motion.

This game is just riddled with inconsistency and bullshit.

I can't render it cuz apparently you can only render 30 second clips, but I have a minitage of me and some other randoms getting constantly owned by this person using steady aim and hip firing the MP5K.

The only problem is that the person is just spraying all over from a good distance away and killing multiple people.

Mean while I take 2 shots and die and other people take 2 shots and live. Then there are a couple of clips where I shoot someone twice and they drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryf1i9hsZ4&feature=player_embedded

This isn't from my perspective, I'm the person that gets killed, but look how far away I am and he kills me, hip firing and hits my team mate a few times as well. That whole game this is all that person did and went positive. I have another vid I'm waiting for the upload to complete....I also didn't know the quality would be so shitty.

I tried to switch it up to wager matches, I like one in the chamber but now everyone fucking camps the whole game, or everyone camps when they're on their last life.

Oh no 10 COD points down the drain..................

[quote name='hustletron']I tried to switch it up to wager matches, I like one in the chamber but now everyone fucking camps the whole game, or everyone camps when they're on their last life.

Oh no 10 COD points down the drain..................[/QUOTE]

I played several rounds of Ground War earlier. Was pretty fun, because it doesn't use the retardedly small maps (Nuketown for example). Nuketown is fun with like 4-6 people, maybe even 8 (Team Tactical), but beyond that... ugh.

[quote name='hustletron']snip.[/QUOTE]

It honestly isn't just you. Black Ops' version of Steady Aim (especially for SMGs) is 100% f*cking ridiculous. I've been killed from almost every range imaginable with it. Every time I check the kill cam every bullet besides maybe three fly perfectly straight as if shot from a silenced Commando. It's bullshit but not nearly as bad as dying to unaware players who trade in last ditch effort shots for my half clip or survive long enough to knife me through it because of lag.

At least with SA you can switch into Bitchy McBitch camp mode or use a firearm with a higher rate of fire to help counter it.

[quote name='hustletron']Apparently you can throw a tomahawk while reloading a crossbow...........[/QUOTE]

It was like that w/ the throwing knife in MW2, too. You could use it just about any time except when you're firing a gun. It's also the only weapon you can use while climbing.

[quote name='The 7th Number']The sounds are weird though. Like grenades sound more like a bag popping than a loud explosion..... is that how its supposed to sound?[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem that I've had with the game so far is the sound. Clearly there's an issue with footstep sound effects, but also my FAMAS w/ silencer sounds like a laser gun when it's fired.

[quote name='Rhett']I played several rounds of Ground War earlier. Was pretty fun, because it doesn't use the retardedly small maps (Nuketown for example). Nuketown is fun with like 4-6 people, maybe even 8 (Team Tactical), but beyond that... ugh.[/QUOTE]
What's worse is that Nuketown is constantly voted for whenever it comes up. It's the only map in the game I don't enjoy.

I haven't played an FPS since MW2. God damn, my reflexes have shit the bed in the last year. I picked up the game yesterday and I've been getting smacked around proper in every match.

I finally found my groove with this game and I'm pretty much winning any fight I get into. It took me forever to not only find a gun I felt I could use in any circumstance, but also to just get used to playing this game (as it feels like I'm two years behind everyone else, after skipping on MW2).

I still need to work on my movement around the maps, though, because I put myself in a lot of bad/no-win situations unnecessarily - leading to a lot of stupid deaths. If I can be a little smarter and a little more patient, I feel like I can definitely hit the 2.0 K/D mark just fine. If not, then I'm probably going to end up around ~1.75 - which isn't terrible, I guess.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I finally found my groove with this game and I'm pretty much winning any fight I get into. It took me forever to not only find a gun I felt I could use in any circumstance, but also to just get used to playing this game (as it feels like I'm two years behind everyone else, after skipping on MW2).

I still need to work on my movement around the maps, though, because I put myself in a lot of bad/no-win situations unnecessarily - leading to a lot of stupid deaths. If I can be a little smarter and a little more patient, I feel like I can definitely hit the 2.0 K/D mark just fine. If not, then I'm probably going to end up around ~1.75 - which isn't terrible, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Which gun do you like? And I do the same kind of stuff. I need to stop running so much and going out in the open.

---

I know suppressors decrease your range, but do they decrease bullet damage? Maybe I'm imagining it, but I feel like it takes longer to kill someone with a suppressor on.

Put in a ton of time last night, played from around 9pm to around 5am. Played some of the Dead Ops Arcade--that's a great little arcade game!

Finally started up the campaign and played through the first 4 (I think) missions. Awesome so far.

Then multiplayer the rest of the night with some CAGs.

I can say I'm loving the game now, despite the party issues in matchmaking and the spawn issues. It feels like an IW CoD game to me other than the graphics being a slight step back from MW2.

I'm actually enjoying the multiplayer more than in MW2. I'm not great, but holding my own a tad better, love not having death from above constantly. The RC car is fun to use--almost always get at least one kill with it. Anyway, probably the most fun I've had with an online game since CoD4.

[quote name='seanr1221']I know suppressors decrease your range, but do they decrease bullet damage? Maybe I'm imagining it, but I feel like it takes longer to kill someone with a suppressor on.[/QUOTE]

pretty much the damage decreases with range, the longer the bullet travels the less damage it will have

[quote name='seanr1221']Which gun do you like? And I do the same kind of stuff. I need to stop running so much and going out in the open.[/QUOTE]
Although I haven't had the chance to use the last two Assault Rifles, it feels like I am more of an SMG guy in this game. I hardly ever get into mid-long range fights, where the ARs would certainly overpower me every time, so sticking with SMGs goes hand-in-hand with my short-mid range play style. That being said, I feel like the AK74u is the best gun in the game for me. I'm still nailing down the perfect attachment(s) for it, but I've definitely performed best with that gun - as opposed to the M16 and the Famas, which I think are too inconsistent for me. The final guns for the SMG and AR classes may change my opinion once I get there (I think I'm currently a 38 or 39), but as of right now the AK74u is my hands-down favorite.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Although I haven't had the chance to use the last two Assault Rifles, it feels like I am more of an SMG guy in this game. I hardly ever get into mid-long range fights, where the ARs would certainly overpower me every time, so sticking with SMGs goes hand-in-hand with my short-mid range play style. That being said, I feel like the AK74u is the best gun in the game for me. I'm still nailing down the perfect attachment(s) for it, but I've definitely performed best with that gun - as opposed to the M16 and the Famas, which I think are too inconsistent for me. The final guns for the SMG and AR classes may change my opinion once I get there (I think I'm currently a 38 or 39), but as of right now the AK74u is my hands-down favorite.[/QUOTE]
The ak74 fits my play style perfectly, that gun is GREAT for me. I have all the smgs and the ak74 is the best. it has good damage good rate of fire, sights in quick. the classified smg is alright, better than the other smgs outside the ak74 and mac11. the two prior to the classified i dont think are too good.

Also outside of the commando, the aug is the best ar for me.

I gotta say I am pretty disappointed in all of the wager matches. They basically promote playing like a dumbass and they just aren't fun. I was expecting more from them.

[quote name='seanr1221']I know suppressors decrease your range, but do they decrease bullet damage? Maybe I'm imagining it, but I feel like it takes longer to kill someone with a suppressor on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nycmetsfan']pretty much the damage decreases with range, the longer the bullet travels the less damage it will have[/QUOTE]

Just to add, the "range" attribute tells you how far a bullet will travel before that "reduction in the amount of damage the bullet will do" takes place.

Man seems like Black Ops is like Reach. Nuketown is probably the worst map but EVERYONE votes for it. What was that one crappy map in Reach everyone voted for? Sold it off so I don't remember.

What i dont like is you can vote to play on the same map you just played. So i get times where i play nuketown three or more times in a row. I dont really mind that map though. But playing the same levels over and over in a row gets old.

[quote name='The 7th Number']What i dont like is you can vote to play on the same map you just played. So i get times where i play nuketown three or more times in a row. I dont really mind that map though. But playing the same levels over and over in a row gets old.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I like a lot about Black Ops, but why can't you have the option for two new maps to vote from to keep things fresh? Why the option to constantly replay the same map?

[quote name='The 7th Number']What i dont like is you can vote to play on the same map you just played. So i get times where i play nuketown three or more times in a row. I dont really mind that map though. But playing the same levels over and over in a row gets old.[/QUOTE]

They're suppose to be changing the fact that you can vote for maps you just played. They've also gone on record saying that Nuketown is intended for up to 8 players and will start showing up less often in regular Team Deathmatch in the future.

*picks Nuke town and runs*

haha played 4 straight Nuke Towns today, meh at least i get some challenges completed.

campers paradise is still "jungle"

This campaign is fucking amazing. Modern Warfare 1, 2, and Halo Reach were great but you knew you were playing a video game. Black Ops feels like I'm in an action movie. I don't want this campaign to end!

[quote name='Kendro']This campaign is fucking amazing. Modern Warfare 1, 2, and Halo Reach were great but you knew you were playing a video game. Black Ops feels like I'm in an action movie. I don't want this campaign to end![/QUOTE]

Obviously you're not playing on veteran.

bread's done
Back