Call of Duty Black OPS

[quote name='WordLife565']is there a way to direct upload to youtube from black ops?[/QUOTE]

I don't really understand your question. When you upload through the game it uploads to Youtube AND the COD theater site, I don't know who exactly hosts the videos but they are youtube videos with youtube links so I would imagine youtube hosts it. They are just mirrored on the COD theater page.

Bah the new interface seems clunky as hell to me. So many clicks just to see the challenges I have left.

[quote name='Kendro']This campaign is fucking amazing. Modern Warfare 1, 2, and Halo Reach were great but you knew you were playing a video game. Black Ops feels like I'm in an action movie. I don't want this campaign to end![/QUOTE]

And this is why the campaign is actually fucking horrid.

I dont know what it is but i really am not enjoying this game. One of the big problems is by the time i know im being shot at, im dead. During the game it feels like two bullets kill me, when the replay shows a lot more. How am i supposed to react if i dont have a chance to?

Another thing i hate is how in close combat i can shoot a guy in the chest, but he can just superman through it to knife me. Im sorry but if a guy got shot in the chest that close he would stop in his tracks. Wish they would do something about that. Like if you are being shot, you cant run directly into the line of fire, or you will slow down.

Guys still feel slow, aiming and trying to move at the same time is really slow. They throw grenades like weak little girls, grenades take half an hour to blow up, the sounds of the game doesnt sound good at all.

Does this game have any aiming assistance the COD games usually have? Now that i think about it, i dont think it does.

I really dont know, but i have a hard time getting into this game. I was really excited about it too, and love the theme of the vietnam/cold war settings. The maps are pretty good, just the gameplay is lacking somehow.

[quote name='Kendro']This campaign is fucking amazing. Modern Warfare 1, 2, and Halo Reach were great but you knew you were playing a video game. Black Ops feels like I'm in an action movie. I don't want this campaign to end![/QUOTE]

I don't know that I put Black Ops above MW 1 & 2, but I put it up there. To me, it is easily Treyarch's best effort thus far. I was not excited for the game at all, but decided to rent it the other night anyhow. I am very impressed with it and after Halo Reach kind of soured me on FPS for awhile, Black Ops has overcome that and proved to be a good time.

I will probably rent it again sometime and go through on Vet. I am not much of an online player, but it looks like there is plenty to do in the game. I hate that I like CoD games, but damn, I really dig the campaigns as of late and it is hard to argue that there isn't enough content to justify paying full price (or close to it).

Finally got around to playing one of wager matches and played a few games of One in the chamber. It was awful how they camped the entire time. Will have to try it again and hope I luck up onto a decent room.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont know what it is but i really am not enjoying this game. One of the big problems is by the time i know im being shot at, im dead. During the game it feels like two bullets kill me, when the replay shows a lot more. How am i supposed to react if i dont have a chance to?

Another thing i hate is how in close combat i can shoot a guy in the chest, but he can just superman through it to knife me. Im sorry but if a guy got shot in the chest that close he would stop in his tracks. Wish they would do something about that. Like if you are being shot, you cant run directly into the line of fire, or you will slow down.

Guys still feel slow, aiming and trying to move at the same time is really slow. They throw grenades like weak little girls, grenades take half an hour to blow up, the sounds of the game doesnt sound good at all.

Does this game have any aiming assistance the COD games usually have? Now that i think about it, i dont think it does.

I really dont know, but i have a hard time getting into this game. I was really excited about it too, and love the theme of the vietnam/cold war settings. The maps are pretty good, just the gameplay is lacking somehow.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel, sometimes you lunge with the knife other times you go no where, sometimes you lunge and completely miss and the person you lunged at hits you without lunging, essentially you lunged into their knife.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Finally got around to playing one of wager matches and played a few games of One in the chamber. It was awful how they camped the entire time. Will have to try it again and hope I luck up onto a decent room.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been saying, I'm a pretty good shot coming out of sprint but when there's a douche bag sitting in a room corner camping with their sights fixed on the door way there's really no way to counter it other than to get lucky or attempt to out gun them, which I've done before but it's just lame and rarely happens.

[quote name='The 7th Number']One of the big problems is by the time i know im being shot at, im dead. During the game it feels like two bullets kill me, when the replay shows a lot more. How am i supposed to react if i dont have a chance to?[/QUOTE]
COD games have typically leaned heavily in favor of the person who gets the drop on the situation.

This game is a huge dissappointment. Its basically an exact clone of MW2 with different graphics and a couple new (and pointless) features. They took out like 3 problems from MW2 out the hundreds of problems it had.

Its really sad and pathetic how these game developers just dont get it.

[quote name='tsg2005']This game is a huge dissappointment. Its basically an exact clone of MW2 with different graphics and a couple new (and pointless) features. They took out like 3 problems from MW2 out the hundreds of problems it had.

Its really sad and pathetic how these game developers just dont get it.[/QUOTE]

The same but completely different? Completely makes sense.

they fixed...
- Quick scoping
- Noob tube
- Useless / unfair perks
- One man army + danger close combo
- Unfair kill streaks
- Non customizable characters
- etc. etc. etc.

I mean I'm not gonna up and marry Black Ops, but a exact clone of MW2 and much less WORSE than MW2? Debatable.

Hate to sound like a broken record but obviously the community for this game is filled with complete $$$$$$s cuz nuketown constantly wins by a landslide in every playlist.

[quote name='hustletron']Hate to sound like a broken record but obviously the community for this game is filled with complete $$$$$$s cuz nuketown constantly wins by a landslide in every playlist.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't get why either, its not that good of a map. And on Hardcore it is a complete snooze-fest because nobody crosses the street.

Just wondering if its pointless having the SAM turret as one of my killstreaks, just today I had four of them gathered up at one time and the darn thing only shot down one UAV.

I mean just about everyone uses the little RC car anyway, anybody know what else the SAM turret can shoot down?

[quote name='The 7th Number']

I really dont know, but i have a hard time getting into this game. I was really excited about it too, and love the theme of the vietnam/cold war settings. The maps are pretty good, just the gameplay is lacking somehow.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I really just can't seem to like this game at all. I play it and then 30 minutes later I think to myself "Wow, this mp really fucking sucks" because of all the bullshit that goes on. I hate it when someone runs straight into me and knifes me while I'm lighting them up. Also the whole you have to unlock AND buy your weapons really annoys me. Grenades, like you said, have changed way too much. I could throw farther underhanded. And like you said as well, it feels like you're moving as slow as a god damn snail. The only way for you to move around the maps at any decent pace is with an SMG.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Just wondering if its pointless having the SAM turret as one of my killstreaks, just today I had four of them gathered up at one time and the darn thing only shot down one UAV.

I mean just about everyone uses the little RC car anyway, anybody know what else the SAM turret can shoot down?[/QUOTE]

It will shoot down anything that can fly. Just make sure you put it in an open part of the map. It's a great killstreak if enemies are getting them constantly on you.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I hate it when someone runs straight into me and knifes me while I'm lighting them up. [/QUOTE]

Hardcore modes reduce this quite a bit, its just a shame to have to wait until level like 25 to open it up. And then there are more campers.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Just wondering if its pointless having the SAM turret as one of my killstreaks, just today I had four of them gathered up at one time and the darn thing only shot down one UAV.[/QUOTE]
I've had nothing but good luck with SAM turrets. Usually one does a perfect job of keeping the skies clear. Placing it in the corner of the map will keep it out of harms way, but it drastically reduces its aiming abilities. Try to make sure it's far enough away from a wall so it can aim 360. Most people don't even notice it unless they've got Hacker.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont know what it is but i really am not enjoying this game. One of the big problems is by the time i know im being shot at, im dead. During the game it feels like two bullets kill me, when the replay shows a lot more. How am i supposed to react if i dont have a chance to?
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that's pretty much how Call of Duty has always been. It's a game of sneaking around and shooting people before they see you.

Unlike say Halo where it takes a ton of shots to kill anyone and you have time to react and it comes more down to aim, who has the stronger weapon etc as you usually have some time to react.

The lag issue is a legitimate problem though and seems worse than in Halo Reach (only other FPS I've played online lately).

But in any case I'm really enjoying the game, both Campaign and the online play. Played Hardcore Search and Destroy into the wee hours last night.

Me getting knifed. Apparently he used the force on me as well...............
screenshot.b7913d436c12f25f6f15bfa8a546f15847a108e765b67875.219884780966_med.jpg

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Just wondering if its pointless having the SAM turret as one of my killstreaks, just today I had four of them gathered up at one time and the darn thing only shot down one UAV.

I mean just about everyone uses the little RC car anyway, anybody know what else the SAM turret can shoot down?[/QUOTE]

Hardline pro lets you select something else if you don't want the SAM. Same goes for the sentry gun.

[quote name='dmaul1114']To be fair, that's pretty much how Call of Duty has always been. It's a game of sneaking around and shooting people before they see you.

Unlike say Halo where it takes a ton of shots to kill anyone and you have time to react and it comes more down to aim, who has the stronger weapon etc as you usually have some time to react.

The lag issue is a legitimate problem though and seems worse than in Halo Reach (only other FPS I've played online lately).

But in any case I'm really enjoying the game, both Campaign and the online play. Played Hardcore Search and Destroy into the wee hours last night.[/QUOTE]

I dont know if its worse but it isnt as noticeable because lag doesnt effect the gameplay as heavily in reach as it does in cod.
Its crazy how bad it is. im not awesome at this game at all but its apparent when a game runs well because I can actually kill people. When you see the kill cam showing some wild shit like you facing 90 degrees away from the enemy not shooting when you just lost a gun fight after firing 8 rounds head-on at him, you know theres bullshit going on.

[quote name='paz9x']I dont know if its worse but it isnt as noticeable because lag doesnt effect the gameplay as heavily in reach as it does in cod.
Its crazy how bad it is. im not awesome at this game at all but its apparent when a game runs well because I can actually kill people. When you see the kill cam showing some wild shit like you facing 90 degrees away from the enemy not shooting when you just lost a gun fight after firing 8 rounds head-on at him, you know theres bullshit going on.[/QUOTE]

The replay cam in MW2 was just as bad. You may run into an opponent face-to-face, fire some shots, get killed, and then see in the replay you never got a single shot off.

Yep, lag has more impact in a games like CoD where a few shots kill you.

I don't get to upset about it as I figure I get just as many kills where the other guy shot me first on his screen as I get killed where it looks like I shot first.

Plus I'm not very good at these online games anyway so I never worry with being competitive. I'll swear when I get killed, shrug it off and try again.

So i started to do some contracts. I thought killing 5 guys with the M1911 would be easy. Holy shit that gun sucks. Its like you have to put the entire clip into someone to kill them. I ended up going like 5 and 16 because that pistol vs a machine gun stands no chance. Its like 4 bullets from that gun isnt enough, otherwise i would have had a lot more kills. Oh well i hope it doesnt mean 5 kills in one game.

Do you get anything for doing contracts other than a bonus cash?

Man is it hard to program climbing a ladder? Because half the time i try to climb one my guy falls off the side. Then i try again and he falls off the other side. Seriously they need to just make it where you climb straight up. You dont have time to sit and line up the ladder to make sure you are pressing directly straight up.

Ive been playing this game since friday and today was the first time i played on Crisis and Grid. One map i really like, and dont get to play enough on is Hanoi. I just like the night time feel, and the spot light is a cool part of the level.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hustletron']Me getting knifed. Apparently he used the force on me as well...............
screenshot.b7913d436c12f25f6f15bfa8a546f15847a108e765b67875.219884780966_med.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bahahahah it looks like he threw a gun at you.

I have a clip from that same game where this dude was running towards me, I hip fire in his face and chest point blank, he some how shoots and kills me, then goes to last stand, my team mate hides behind the corner of a house on nuketown to reload, then goes to finish the last stand guy off, last stand guy kills my team mate, then we respawn right in front of him again.

Still waiting for the clip to show up of course........

[quote name='The 7th Number']So i started to do some contracts. I thought killing 5 guys with the M1911 would be easy. Holy shit that gun sucks. Its like you have to put the entire clip into someone to kill them. I ended up going like 5 and 16 because that pistol vs a machine gun stands no chance. Its like 4 bullets from that gun isnt enough, otherwise i would have had a lot more kills. Oh well i hope it doesnt mean 5 kills in one game.

Do you get anything for doing contracts other than a bonus cash?

Man is it hard to program climbing a ladder? Because half the time i try to climb one my guy falls off the side. Then i try again and he falls off the other side. Seriously they need to just make it where you climb straight up. You dont have time to sit and line up the ladder to make sure you are pressing directly straight up.

Ive been playing this game since friday and today was the first time i played on Crisis and Grid. One map i really like, and dont get to play enough on is Hanoi. I just like the night time feel, and the spot light is a cool part of the level.[/QUOTE]
I like the 1911 a lot. Some of my friends say similar things as you but i think its solid. outside of the auto cz75 i think its the best pistol.

the contracts are a bit of a waste imo. they need to make them more significant.

I like the game, but it has terrible hit detection and lag. Besides that the game is a blast
My favorite class right now it: COMMANDO-Duel Mag, Sterla (Anti-Air), C-4, Ghost, Hardened Pro, and Hacker Pro. This is a great class for Dom, and for getting Ghost Pro.

@ Trakan thanks for the tip about putting the SAM in a more open location, tried it today since the enemy was using a shitload of UAV's and Heli's the SAM's took out everything it could reach. Had more saved up so that equaled a free sky for my teammates.

@ DV8 I knew you could do it with care packages, but didn't know you could also with SAM's and Sentry. Thanks for that.

Btw is there anyway to play with some CAG's here? some of the guys I play with are still on Reach so for now I have to go into matches alone and it sucks having to rely on the mercy of random teammates.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']

Btw is there anyway to play with some CAG's here? some of the guys I play with are still on Reach so for now I have to go into matches alone and it sucks having to rely on the mercy of random teammates.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a CAG Group GT you add as a friend and it shows everyone who's playing and nuketown is the new dust. I got 99 kills a few mins ago on Demolition Nuketown.

I played the first mission of the campaign, then went into the multiplayer. It's fun, but not liking some of the maps, Summit has to be my favourite.

Also if you hit the triggers at the main menu, you'll break out of the chair and get a 15point achievement.

[quote name='Mayday']I played the first mission of the campaign, then went into the multiplayer. It's fun, but not liking some of the maps, Summit has to be my favourite.

Also if you hit the triggers at the main menu, you'll break out of the chair and get a 15point achievement.[/QUOTE]
And type Zork and DOA in the computer.

hit detection is horrible in this game, worse in a cod game so far that i've played and i've played them all. also, when partying up with a few friends it'll take longer to find a game and that's if we don't all get kicked. another thing, the respawns are horrendous in this game as well. treyarch needs an update for these things right away before even anything else. this is killing the online play for alot of people and it's like gears of war 2, it's making the crappiest players look good. I mean, when someone is shooting all around me except directly at me and kills me, what gives? I know you are able to spray and pray but that's how horrible the hit detection is. Gotta love the killcam/theater mode though.

Theater mode is spotty at best. Sometimes full games just won't record. There was no host migration or anything during it, either. I got a 4-man Valkyrie rocket kill and it's just not there. :whistle2:(

You know, I think Treyarch really hampered the MP in this game. Their decisions of key COD elements have not panned out impo and it feels more alienating than helpful. I feel no motivation to ever change my kits and try new things out because I bought all the most helpful gear to my class instantly. Now anything else I get is just because I have 20 million COD moon dollars. The joy of unlocking is completely taken away. Which makes advancing in level completely pointless.

They really fucked up the perks imho. Making the challenges, game mode specific was a horrid idea. The pro perks are not that much better than the regular ones so the reward of unlocking vs the time playing a mode that you dont want to play isnt worth it. And I feel sorry for anyone who prestige.

Then there a whole slew of cosmetic bullshit that are there just so you have more stuff to spend your moon money on. Not that I dont enjoy having options when it comes to player choices (although I find it strange I cant choose to be a black guy because with that it feels like I am playing dress up with dolls) but they feel like they exist only because they thought of this money thing.

There is definitely something missing from this game because it just isnt as fun as MW1 and 2. Hell W@W MP was better and I hated that game.

Considering you only have access to a couple of guns at level 1, and you still unlock guns by level, I'd say there is still a "joy of unlocking." It also means advancing in level is not completely pointless.

If the pro perks are not that much better, I see no reason why you care that they're harder to obtain.

How do you go about getting the pro perks?

At first i wasnt really into the game, but im starting to like it more and more. The only thing i really hate is the bad connection. I die with 1 bullet, yet i have to shoot sometimes 2-3 times to kill someone.

well... since we're complaining about what we don't like about the game...

1. all maps are way too similar. They are almost all cluttered up to make most fights close range.

2. headshots... seriously the hit box for head shots is totally off. I've aimed from 10ft away at an unsuspecting enemy and zeroed in for a head shot and nothing... takes 3 bursts to kill and no headshot.

3. snipers... while I know theres no love for snipers... why even have them in the game with current maps and guns... the sniper rifles are totally screwed up probably a hitbox problem... but can nail someone in the upper chest/ head from 100 yards with the most powerful one and no kill.

4. that stupid rc car... seriously... why do people take that for a killstreak reward. the amount of damage you can do with it is not worth the time to drive it around and probably be killed while doing so... spy plane is so much better for the same amount of kills but noone takes it. when I get it out of a care package I'm thinking to myself...why not just give me the ammo drop.

5. spawning.... some of the most horrible spawn points in a game ever? pretty close I'm thinking.

ok... all those said I still enjoy playing it... doesn't seem as far over the top as mw2 which I think is a good thing.

[quote name='Afflicted']well... since we're complaining about what we don't like about the game...

1. all maps are way too similar. They are almost all cluttered up to make most fights close range.

2. headshots... seriously the hit box for head shots is totally off. I've aimed from 10ft away at an unsuspecting enemy and zeroed in for a head shot and nothing... takes 3 bursts to kill and no headshot.

3. snipers... while I know theres no love for snipers... why even have them in the game with current maps and guns... the sniper rifles are totally screwed up probably a hitbox problem... but can nail someone in the upper chest/ head from 100 yards with the most powerful one and no kill.

4. that stupid rc car... seriously... why do people take that for a killstreak reward. the amount of damage you can do with it is not worth the time to drive it around and probably be killed while doing so... spy plane is so much better for the same amount of kills but noone takes it. when I get it out of a care package I'm thinking to myself...why not just give me the ammo drop.

5. spawning.... some of the most horrible spawn points in a game ever? pretty close I'm thinking.

ok... all those said I still enjoy playing it... doesn't seem as far over the top as mw2 which I think is a good thing.[/QUOTE]
RC car is the reason SAM turrets have nothing to shoot at other then the occasional UAV/heli.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']RC car is the reason SAM turrets have nothing to shoot at other then the occasional UAV/heli.[/QUOTE]

hehe but 99% of the people won't pick sam turrents either...

[quote name='Soodmeg']You know, I think Treyarch really hampered the MP in this game. Their decisions of key COD elements have not panned out impo and it feels more alienating than helpful. I feel no motivation to ever change my kits and try new things out because I bought all the most helpful gear to my class instantly. Now anything else I get is just because I have 20 million COD moon dollars. The joy of unlocking is completely taken away. Which makes advancing in level completely pointless.

They really fucked up the perks imho. Making the challenges, game mode specific was a horrid idea. The pro perks are not that much better than the regular ones so the reward of unlocking vs the time playing a mode that you dont want to play isnt worth it. And I feel sorry for anyone who prestige.

Then there a whole slew of cosmetic bullshit that are there just so you have more stuff to spend your moon money on. Not that I dont enjoy having options when it comes to player choices (although I find it strange I cant choose to be a black guy because with that it feels like I am playing dress up with dolls) but they feel like they exist only because they thought of this money thing.

There is definitely something missing from this game because it just isnt as fun as MW1 and 2. Hell W@W MP was better and I hated that game.[/QUOTE]

I think you pretty much hit everything. Ideally I just want the lag and hit detection fixed, cuz I like actually hitting people when I shoot and my first few bullets are on target, not having to wait for the bullets after the first few to register then maybe I'll get a kill.

But for the most part I agree with you on all accounts, I still think this is better than MW2, but it's not as good as it could have been and it's not as good as it was touted to be.

[quote name='Trakan']Considering you only have access to a couple of guns at level 1, and you still unlock guns by level, I'd say there is still a "joy of unlocking." It also means advancing in level is not completely pointless.

If the pro perks are not that much better, I see no reason why you care that they're harder to obtain.[/QUOTE]

Probably because the perks currently available that you still have to buy anyway aren't that great either. I can still run and gun and hip fire with the MP5k pretty well, if not amazingly well without Steady aim, much less steady aim pro. Cuz if you're using steady aim, why the fuck would you need to aim down the sights faster if you're just hip firing anyway? There wasn't a lot of thought that went into the pro perks obviously.

Played one of the zombie missions and the smash tv game with a friend, and found it pretty fun, even though I'm not usually a first person shooter kind of person.

[quote name='The 7th Number']How do you go about getting the pro perks?[/QUOTE]On the custom class screen, go to the area where you pick which perks to use, and I think you have to press X to see the three challenges for that particular perk.

bread's done
Back