Call of Duty Black OPS

[quote name='Afflicted']4. that stupid rc car... seriously... why do people take that for a killstreak reward. the amount of damage you can do with it is not worth the time to drive it around and probably be killed while doing so... spy plane is so much better for the same amount of kills but noone takes it.[/QUOTE]I would have to agree. IMO the spy plane is the single best reward in the game for its cost to reward ratio. Since killstreaks don't stack anymore, the additional kill you'd get from the RC is even less important. Granted, the RC is a lot more fun than watching blips on your radar. Right now it seems like there's 4-5 RCs for every spy plane. It's only a matter of time until people time to grow tired of using the RC and that ratio becomes a little more even.

SA Pro lets you bring up your gun faster after you sprint; it doesn't let you ADS faster. That's SoH Pro. SA Pro in this game is like Lightweight Pro in MW2

[quote name='hustletron']Probably because the perks currently available that you still have to buy anyway aren't that great either. I can still run and gun and hip fire with the MP5k pretty well, if not amazingly well without Steady aim, much less steady aim pro. Cuz if you're using steady aim, why the fuck would you need to aim down the sights faster if you're just hip firing anyway? There wasn't a lot of thought that went into the pro perks obviously.[/QUOTE]

Weren't you just bitching about a guy hip-spraying an MP5K?

Anyways, that's not even what Steady Aim Pro does. It makes it so your gun lifts back up to your hip faster after sprinting, not Aim Down Sights.

Am I the only one that actually enjoys the RC car? I just take it lightly, it's like a little minigame. I find it fun, makes me giddy when I get it.

I've found my groove in Black Ops, and up until that point the game was just immensely frustrating for me. I'm currently using an AUG with Red Dot Sight and the Three Dots reticule (fuck yeah, Predator), my lovely Python with ACOG sight, and Hardline Pro, Sleight Of Hand Pro, and Second Chance Pro.

Ever since I found that and stuck with it, the game has been a blast. It's miles above MW2 (just an opinion, I hated MW2 though), and it's...it's just fun. I get annoyed with maps like Array, and the spawns on Nuketown kind of suck, but I enjoyed almost all of my matches that I played on Nuketown.

However, albeit I don't mind that Nuketown gets put back into rotation after the match and the lobby plays it a few times in a row, at one point we were playing Nuketown I think it was almost 12 times in a row. I mean, fuck. Come on now.

[quote name='Afflicted']hehe but 99% of the people won't pick sam turrents either...[/QUOTE]

Do SAM turrets destroy themselves after player death? I was having a tough time finding good spots for them where they aren't destroyed. Is it better to only deploy them when an enemy UAV or heli is called in? I kept wanting to place them early because it is mapped to the same button as additional killstreaks rewards.

Currently @ lvl50 and loving the game. I have my problems and issues with the game but the only thing that I think has to be patched ASAP is the damn match making. Getting a group of friends into a match is nearly impossible through conventional means. We join up and the host selects a match and then we all get dropped or worse yet, put into separate matches. I even had the host select Hardcore Search (My Fave) and then it dropped a few of us into that but it dropped me into a whole different game type. Most nights we have to join match in progress until we can get everyone in but then the problem is that we are not all on the same team each round. Its complete shit!

[quote name='faceturd']Do SAM turrets destroy themselves after player death? I was having a tough time finding good spots for them where they aren't destroyed. Is it better to only deploy them when an enemy UAV or heli is called in? I kept wanting to place them early because it is mapped to the same button as additional killstreaks rewards.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK the SAMs have a limited lifespan. Even if an opponent never finds it it'll eventually blow up by itself at a set time. They're not tied to when you die. As far as when to deploy it, I'd say do it as soon as you find a good spot. There's no telling when their air support will come in and when you'll find a nice location again.

Also, I found on one of the other forums that they're actively working on trying to fix group matchmaking, plus they're going to change the voting so you can only vote on two new maps.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I cant believe people have already prestiged.....dont people have lives and go outside ?

seriously WTF ![/QUOTE]

The average American watches about 37 hours of TV a week. Since I don't watch TV at all I've got a bit more time for doing other things (including going outside and having a life). It took me a total 25 hours to prestige as of late last night. People that have prestiged take a bullet to the face just as well as those who haven't. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']Weren't you just bitching about a guy hip-spraying an MP5K?

Anyways, that's not even what Steady Aim Pro does. It makes it so your gun lifts back up to your hip faster after sprinting, not Aim Down Sights.[/QUOTE]

Yeah? What's your point? Sorry, excuse me, quicker "aiming" after sprinting and not quicker ADS after sprinting or at all.

I really fail to see how quicker aiming after sprinting is worth purchasing nor worth putting the time to unlock it when you can use Light weight and Marathon with a 5k and still run at regular speed without sprinting, faster than someone with an AR without Light weight sprinting.

I know this because I've had it done to me and I was doing it last night to others in a game. It's lame and it works and I don't like playing like that. Sorry for having an opinion on a game I thought would be great and would like to be great. I still like it way better than MW2.

Some of the perks and pro perks are really awesome and useful like sleight of hand/pro and ghost/pro. But then you take into account the pro version of light weight is no falling damage which may come in handy for people who like to climb on stuff cuz there's a lot of shit to climb on in maps but I think they could have put a little more innovation into the pro versions instead of literally, copying and pasting.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Am I the only one that actually enjoys the RC car? I just take it lightly, it's like a little minigame. I find it fun, makes me giddy when I get it.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I get it because it's fun. And I'm playing to have fun, rather than be super competitive.

[quote name='hustletron']Yeah? What's your point? Sorry, excuse me, quicker "aiming" after sprinting and not quicker ADS after sprinting or at all.

I really fail to see how quicker aiming after sprinting is worth purchasing nor worth putting the time to unlock it when you can use Light weight and Marathon with a 5k and still run at regular speed without sprinting, faster than someone with an AR without Light weight sprinting.
[/QUOTE]
Because you can shoot back faster if you run into someone while sprinting, especially if they aren't sprinting?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Are you able to earn cod points in combat training and spend it under mult-player?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The game views your online and offline progress separately.

[quote name='hustletron']Yeah? What's your point? Sorry, excuse me, quicker "aiming" after sprinting and not quicker ADS after sprinting or at all.

I know this because I've had it done to me and I was doing it last night to others in a game. It's lame and it works and I don't like playing like that. Sorry for having an opinion on a game I thought would be great and would like to be great. I still like it way better than MW2.

Some of the perks and pro perks are really awesome and useful like sleight of hand/pro and ghost/pro. But then you take into account the pro version of light weight is no falling damage which may come in handy for people who like to climb on stuff cuz there's a lot of shit to climb on in maps but I think they could have put a little more innovation into the pro versions instead of literally, copying and pasting.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, but to say that they're not useful/worth going for is a bit foolish. I can also agree about wanting new pro perks, but it's not what they ended up doing.

Steady Aim Pro is absolutely worth getting, if you and another guy run into each other and are both going to hip fire spray an SMG, the person with Pro would win.

I dont mind the RC car. I just think it just have a higher kill streak because its so low risk high reward. With Hardline you can get it with two kills, if you cant get two kills in a row you are doing something really wrong.

When I did rock the RC car I wouldnt even use them because it was kind of a pain in the ass. Half way through the round I would notice I had like 6-9 of them stacked and then just spending 5min straight rcing people to death.

Well I found the most powerful class I can imagine right now.

I don't know how many people know this, but with hardline pro you can change SAM package crates to another random crate. Couple this with the regular care package and you basically get 3 chances on a powerful killstreak with 4 kills(The care package, changing the SAM turret, possibly changing the Care Package).

I'm using that, Warlord Pro and Second Chance Pro.

Main Weapon: FAMAS with Silencer and Red Dot
Secondary: The last pistol, automatic.

It's pretty powerful, and I've been averaging between 1.75-5 KDR in deathmatch.

[quote name='dabamus']The spawns on Nuketown are the worst.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's pretty ridiculous especially on Demolition/HQ.. I got 99 kills on Demolition Nuketown.

2qxmcly.jpg

[quote name='tokitoki50']I'm using that, Warlord Pro and Second Chance Pro.[/QUOTE]I gave Second Chance a spin and didn't have too much luck with it. The ability to be revived seems pretty cool, but more often than not people continue to shot a player as they fall towards the ground. It just seems like you end up dying before you can even pull out your handgun.

My main class runs Ghost, Slight of Hand, and Hacker. I'm thinking about switching over to Steady Aim, but with Slight Pro you're able to aim down the scope so damn fast already. Yeah that slight delay may get you killed, but that increased accuracy seems worth the risk.

I thought I read Ghost Pro makes you invisible to Dogs, did they change that pre-release? I don't see it listed.

I finally found my grove in this game but I'll most likely never get a 1.5:1 or higher K/D cause I'm so far behind already. I use either the AK74U or AK47 with Ghost-Steady Aim and Marathon with a silencer. They never see you on the Spy Plane and after you kill someone you usually never get hit right away by their nearby team mates because the blip doesn't show up on the mini map when your firing.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I thought I read Ghost Pro makes you invisible to Dogs, did they change that pre-release? I don't see it listed.[/QUOTE]
The one time there was dogs rushing my team I had Ghost Pro enabled and IIRC they did come after me.

Does anyone know if Ghost protects you from lighting up bright white on camera spikes? Or does it only protect you from IR scopes?

Ghost Pro Ability: Undetectable by aircraft, infrared and sentries. Enemies won't see your name or a red crosshair when targeting you. I'm also pretty sure Camera Spikes are included.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Well I found the most powerful class I can imagine right now.

I don't know how many people know this, but with hardline pro you can change SAM package crates to another random crate. Couple this with the regular care package and you basically get 3 chances on a powerful killstreak with 4 kills(The care package, changing the SAM turret, possibly changing the Care Package). [/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't know that. I've never had SAMs as one of my killstreaks, so I guess it didn't apply. I've definitely been taking advantage of having Hardline Pro, though. Right after I got the Pro, my first care package was Ammo and it switched it to Valkyrie Rockets. Definitely worth it.

I find that Hardline Pro, Sleight Of Hand Pro and Second Chance Pro are pretty damn powerful as a setup, at least to me. I'm always playing with a couple buds, so when I get downed I usually get the opportunity to Python the guy and then I can call for help.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Secondary: The last pistol, automatic.

It's pretty powerful, and I've been averaging between 1.75-5 KDR in deathmatch.[/QUOTE]

I like the last pistol (What was it called? C775 or something?), but the only thing that bugs me is that, when combined with Second Chance, it gives you an M1911 when you get incapacitated instead of the C775. I'd much rather use the Python since I can actually have that equipped when I get knocked down.

It's a damn nice pistol, though. However, I've found that I have to unload a full clip of automatic rounds into the guy before he dies. Can get a little inconvenient.

[quote name='Thrinn']As far as when to deploy it, I'd say do it as soon as you find a good spot. [/QUOTE]

Thanx... now its time to go hunt for those good spots.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I like the last pistol (What was it called? C775 or something?), but the only thing that bugs me is that, when combined with Second Chance, it gives you an M1911 when you get incapacitated instead of the C775. I'd much rather use the Python since I can actually have that equipped when I get knocked down.

It's a damn nice pistol, though. However, I've found that I have to unload a full clip of automatic rounds into the guy before he dies. Can get a little inconvenient.[/QUOTE]

Thats a great pistol. I hope to pick one up one of these days. great design, great ergonomics.

The gun has good power, you can still fire it semi-auto and I usually do unless im in desperation mode. I can routinely 3 shot people with that gun.

Had the best thing happen the other day. I got a care package for the 2nd time ever since I've barely played the game and as soon as it lands, an enemy comes up from behind me and kills me. It pissed me off because I spent like 30 seconds looking for a good spot to throw it. It just seems like there really are no good spots at all in this game to throw down a care package safely. Anyway, the game spawns me in the middle of the map and I immediately run to the care package to try and kill the enemy taking it.

I get there and it's already taken. I didn't know what it was because I'm still getting used to the symbols, but it ended up being a SAM Turret. The guy plants the thing down in a corner and as soon as he does, it fires off a missile at a UAV. The good thing? The missile hit him right in the back and killed him. I laughed so hard. Teaches him to not take my care package.

[quote name='xCappax']yeah it's pretty ridiculous especially on Demolition/HQ.. I got 99 kills on Demolition Nuketown.

2qxmcly.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn. Those are like COD4 Shipment numbers.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Had the best thing happen the other day. I got a care package for the 2nd time ever since I've barely played the game and as soon as it lands, an enemy comes up from behind me and kills me. It pissed me off because I spent like 30 seconds looking for a good spot to throw it. It just seems like there really are no good spots at all in this game to throw down a care package safely. Anyway, the game spawns me in the middle of the map and I immediately run to the care package to try and kill the enemy taking it.

I get there and it's already taken. I didn't know what it was because I'm still getting used to the symbols, but it ended up being a SAM Turret. The guy plants the thing down in a corner and as soon as he does, it fires off a missile at a UAV. The good thing? The missile hit him right in the back and killed him. I laughed so hard. Teaches him to not take my care package.[/QUOTE]

Hah!

Yeah, care packages can be tricky.

They're working on "fixing" the Hardline Pro perk, too, thankfully. It shouldn't be able to be used 3 times (or more if you stacked packages) in a row, like that.

Uploading a clip now of some crossbownage. :) It was great end to a horrible match.

I'm loving the M14/FAL... I never, ever used them (semi automatics) in previous games, but for some reason, they're really attractive to me now. I'm almost tempted to use an ACOG/Sniper rifle setup, but I'd run out of ammo in record time.

I also tried the RC-XD with Hardline. That's.... stupid, to say the least. I'm getting much better at shooting the enemy RCs though. I hope it pisses them off.

Hmm, must have happened when I quit playing.

Perhaps it's a patch? This is like... prime-time for most people to play Black Ops, so it must be important.

And, damn do youtube uploads take forever to show up.

Hmmm i was looking through my recent matches in theater and it seems to have skipped the match im looking for. I threw a semtex from a distance and stuck someones face with it and wanted to use that to upload and try out the theater/youtube thing. I played a match at 19:36, then the next match says 19:59 and its the match i just played. Wonder if its gone forever, or if it will eventually pop up.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hmmm i was looking through my recent matches in theater and it seems to have skipped the match im looking for. I threw a semtex from a distance and stuck someones face with it and wanted to use that to upload and try out the theater/youtube thing. I played a match at 19:36, then the next match says 19:59 and its the match i just played. Wonder if its gone forever, or if it will eventually pop up.[/QUOTE]

I had some awesome matches that never came up, myself, but it does seem like it tries to fill them in later on (like it's overloaded, but queued). I've also gotten one match recorded that I was never even in...?! It's odd.

I am on terrible, terrible internet right now (1-bar connection connected to neighbor's router), but I was actually able to log onto Xbox Live by connecting the Xbox to my computer and bridging the connections. It's enough to log on and message people and play Combat Training, but I can't play online. :bomb:

When I was at my bud's house playing, matchmaking was ALL over the damn place. I'd get dropped when he was the host and vice versa, and at one point we were in theater checking out his clip and all of a sudden 3 12-year-olds got dropped into our theater session. How the hell does that happen? They were remarking how they tried to join a Team Deathmatch and out of nowhere got dropped into our match replay.

[quote name='tsg2005']what a fucking terrible game. ive been so excited for it to come out all year and it ends up being complete garbage. I wish I could get a full refund on this crap.

:censored:[/QUOTE]

How is it fucking garbage ? Just because a games servers broke or something doesnt mean the game sucks. GTFO !

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']How is it fucking garbage ? Just because a games servers broke or something doesnt mean the game sucks. GTFO ![/QUOTE]

Didn't you know? Most CoD fans have an immediate hatred towards Treyarch, and nothing will change their perspective. I thoroughly enjoyed MW2 but BO has it beat by a fair amount in my book. Once the spawns and party matchmaking issues are corrected, this will outlast MW2 for sure.

[quote name='tsg2005']what a fucking terrible game. ive been so excited for it to come out all year and it ends up being complete garbage. I wish I could get a full refund on this crap.

:censored:[/QUOTE]
pijobf4e8h.jpg

played quite a bit tonight. i got to lvl. 18 and havnt spent any money yet (other then the sticky, need to pick up the claymore.... and some kill streaks ) im thinking of just sticking with the mpk5 until i get to the galil w/ silencer. you guys that have been playing a while, what assault rifle do you guys like? im seeing alot of famas's and galil's, and i didnt much care for the famas after trying the galil. (there is one more assault rifle i see alot, but i cant remember the name....)

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']played quite a bit tonight. i got to lvl. 18 and havnt spent any money yet (other then the sticky, need to pick up the claymore.... and some kill streaks ) im thinking of just sticking with the mpk5 until i get to the galil w/ silencer. you guys that have been playing a while, what assault rifle do you guys like? im seeing alot of famas's and galil's, and i didnt much care for the famas after trying the galil. (there is one more assault rifle i see alot, but i cant remember the name....)[/QUOTE]
I think it depends on whether or not youre into assault rifles or smgs cuz I would say definitely considering the AK74u, best smg out there and can even give the assault rifles a run for their money.

As for assault rifles though M16, Famas, Galil, AK47 cant go wrong with either of them.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot the AUG, definitely go for the AUG.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']I think it depends on whether or not youre into assault rifles or smgs cuz I would say definitely considering the AK74u, best smg out there and can even give the assault rifles a run for their money.

As for assault rifles though M16, Famas, Galil, AK47 cant go wrong with either of them.

Edit: oh yeah I forgot the AUG, definitely go for the AUG.[/QUOTE]

AUG, thats the one i couldnt remember lol.

bread's done
Back