Call of Duty Black OPS

I finally got tactical mask pro. Its pretty cool how it kind of tells you which way the camper is from you. Now im working on hardline pro. Already got 7 kills in a row. Giving away care packages can be a pain though. One round i dropped a sentry, sam turret, and got mortars in my care package. After shooting the packages a few rounds, they decided to take 2 of the 3 and leave the mortars. LOL.

im starting to really hate this game. 50% of the time i die on sight of seeing someone before i can even shoot, then there are times where i shoot first and i die first. If its not that its campers, or last stand scrubs. I should have just sold this game like i was going to, before i bought the 2nd map pack.

yeah i think i've sucked all the fun i could out of this game. I'm 9th prestige and it doesn't seem like i'll be able to get to 15th. it just seems like a grind now.

[quote name='The 7th Number']im starting to really hate this game. 50% of the time i die on sight of seeing someone before i can even shoot, then there are times where i shoot first and i die first. If its not that its campers, or last stand scrubs. I should have just sold this game like i was going to, before i bought the 2nd map pack.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I completely agree, thats also why I've never bought any COD DLC.

I don't even play it much anymore, I only play when 1 buddy is on and we just dick around and mess with people in Hardcore.

I guess I'm in the minority of people not tired of Black Ops. I'm 15th Prestige although I have just under half the time I ultimately put into MW2. Yeah some things get on my nerves sometimes but I enjoy working to get 50K for gold plating my weapons and it has urged me to go back to other weapons I don't normally use. I've also had a blast recently using the Tomahawk, Ballistic knife, and crossbow on occasion :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S55R_X4G1GY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_C2UUEi4OQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCqH3pYqwQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBzO8N6AqyA

I still enjoy the game but the last two days, me and my friends that I play with have been getting major lag. Usually we will get 3-4 bars. But the last like 4-6 matches(even in different lobbies) have been 1-2 at best and only for our team. What the heck is up with that!? Or has anyone else been having issues like that?

Title update today. I personally think this blows. They took out HC CTF and HQ and added in "Flags" and "Bombs".

Flags is CTF, Dom and HQ.
Bombs is Demo, Sabotage and Search (I think).
Second chance is disabled for both playlists as well.

Really not happy about this as HQ is about all my team likes to play. We like Dom, but hate CTF. Second chance we all run as well because it just works for capping objectives. I may skip this last map pack as well because of this.

[quote name='Call of Duty Forums']
  • 6/23/11
    (Title Update 10)
  • • Security Updates.
  • • New playlists – Flags and Bombs
  • • C4 can no longer be warped to player carrying bomb in S&D and Sabotage.
  • • Removed erroneous “Reset to Default” message when trying to load a DLC map you do not have.
  • • In-game icons (care package icons, etc) no longer appear in the Create A Class menu.
  • • Support for Annihilation map pack, available June 28th on Xbox LIVE!
  • • Fix for a rare crash related to weapons.
  • • Game no longer crashes when Xbox LIVE servers are down.
  • • Additional weapon balancing.
  • • Ninja Pro Perk no longer makes sounds when mantling or diving to prone.
[/QUOTE]

Not listed, but a lot of people on twitter are complaining about the FAMAS being nerfed (must be one of their weapon balances). I can say from plenty of experience that either Flack Jacket is toned down or grenades all do more damage. I died a lot more today from flash/stun/smoke grenades than ever before with little damage previously inflicted.

Bad timing on this update right before the new maps.

If they removed Second Chance from all Hardcore playlists, I'd probably play Hardcore more. I also like Dom but don't like CTF, so I likely won't be playing the new playlist either.

And if there really was a Flak Jacket nerf, I just might stop playing this game.

The Famas was nerfed, not sure what they did, but Treyarch said such in a twitter post a week or so again. I believe the center speed was reduced.

I love Dom. and am glad to see it in Hardcore. I wish there were Dom. in Classic mode as well. I tend to do a lot better in Classic mode as there aren't any idiots spamming equipment and hiding behind perks for their skill.

I wish there was a bare bones mode for hardcore. No killstreaks, equipment, attachments. I tried to play it in core, but i cant play core, it just takes too long to kill someone.

Any tips on how to get 5 thrown back grenades for flak jacket pro? I only need 4 more but hardly ever run into people throwing nades. But i just made a tank class. Flak jacket, worlord pro, tactical mask pro, with M60. :D

[quote name='The 7th Number']Any tips on how to get 5 thrown back grenades for flak jacket pro? I only need 4 more but hardly ever run into people throwing nades. But i just made a tank class. Flak jacket, worlord pro, tactical mask pro, with M60. :D[/QUOTE]

Play objective gametypes, like Dom or Demo. Don't forget that you don't have to successfully toss the grenade back for it to count, just picking it up will do.

Yes, i got flak jacket pro. Though i dont think pro is going to be that much of a difference to me really. Still have a few left for pro... I think Scout, Scavenger, and Hardline are the only ones i have left to complete. Hardline i need to share 3 packages and im done. The other two i havent really worked on at all. Scout might be a little hard, its annoying when i try to snipe people, shoot right on them, and get no hit marker. I guess you need to hold your breath longer for it to shoot straight? IDK.

Saw amazon offering Bo:lot but nowhere in my google searching can I find what dlc is included and if it is disc based or code based. My guess is that it is just dlc packs 1-2 since pack is 3 releases on the 28th for xbox 360 only and they are selling a xbox360 and a ps3 version. Anyone else find more info?

They always know how to get me pumped for a new Zombie map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z34RTO2BKM4&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yes, i got flak jacket pro. Though i dont think pro is going to be that much of a difference to me really. ... Scout might be a little hard, its annoying when i try to snipe people, shoot right on them, and get no hit marker. I guess you need to hold your breath longer for it to shoot straight? IDK.[/QUOTE]
Flak Jacket Pro is useful for objective game types for either you dropping a Napalm or when the enemy team drops one on the objective.
Scout it really not that hard as it was probably one of the first Pro perks I would get each Prestige. I would imagine it would be even easier to consistently get the 1-shot kills since you play Hardcore. I find both the L96A1 and PSG provide the most consistent 1-shot kills as with the Dragunov and WA it's either gotta be dead-center chest or in the head at least in core. Regardless, I find all the sniper rifles have their place and I like the WA and PSG most for ACOG use.

[quote name='kklems']Saw amazon offering Bo:lot but nowhere in my google searching can I find what dlc is included and if it is disc based or code based. My guess is that it is just dlc packs 1-2 since pack is 3 releases on the 28th for xbox 360 only and they are selling a xbox360 and a ps3 version. Anyone else find more info?[/QUOTE]
I read (don't remember the news site) that it includes just the First Strike Map pack code in-box.

It does just include the First Strike DLC.

I was thinking about picking this game up again. Is the hit detection still as sloppy as it was at launch?

[quote name='lacertile']It does just include the First Strike DLC.

I was thinking about picking this game up again. Is the hit detection still as sloppy as it was at launch?[/QUOTE]

yup. treyarch has always had sloppy hit detection.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yes, i got flak jacket pro. Though i dont think pro is going to be that much of a difference to me really.[/QUOTE]

As the man who posted those flamethrower videos, you should know better than most just how awesome Flak Jacket Pro is.

if Activision really wanted to make a quick buck they should put out the 4-pack of zombie maps that came with the Hardened edition for $10-$15. I know a few girls on my friend list that spent $15 just for the one zombie map.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']As the man who posted those flamethrower videos, you should know better than most just how awesome Flak Jacket Pro is.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, but i rarely run into people who actually use the flame thrower. Only time it seemed to happen is when people stole my gun and tried to get me back.

I was at Bestbuy yesterday and saw BLops being sold and on the front was a sticker that said 4 map packs included + zombie map 4-player map too. something like that....

Wow the last couple chopper gunners i got get shot down within second of me opening the door. Most of the people use ghost so i cant even see anyone. Wish it wasnt so weak for a high kill streak. Think ill stick to dogs.

WOW REALLY? im 18-2 just got done with my gun ship and throw down a care package and my teammate kills me for it, after he saw it was a counter spy plane. WTF, who the hell kills someone over that shit? Whats even funnier is i was killed for a counter spy plane earlier today. I had hardline pro too so i could have changed that shit. WTF.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nas6034']I was at Bestbuy yesterday and saw BLops being sold and on the front was a sticker that said 4 map packs included + zombie map 4-player map too. something like that....[/QUOTE]They have definitely been selling a pack that includes the first Map Pack.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-limited-edition-with-dlc/91517

Excited for the new zombie map. I have 2 friends that have been playing Call of the Dead with me nonstop, and we just did a 25 round run last night, our best on that one. We also just had a 32 round run on Kino. It was great but it replaced my 38 round run that I did with one other guy, not sure why. And the Call of the Dead score only registered for 1/3 of us, so my high is still only 23. Not sure why the leader board is so messed up all of a sudden. Still, excited to check out the new one.

This is my new emblem i made. Though i wish there was a guy in last stand, thats what i originally wanted to make. But ended up with this.

newemblem.jpg

If there was a guy in last stand, the marshmallows wouldn't have worked.

Also, double xp is this upcoming weekend. Still not sure if I'm buying the map pack. We'll see.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If there was a guy in last stand, the marshmallows wouldn't have worked.

Also, double xp is this upcoming weekend. Still not sure if I'm buying the map pack. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

Oh i know, i just wanted a guy in last stand and the word stop, or fail. But ended up making a camping in a corner emblem instead.

Map pack is not up yet, was hoping it'd be up so I can download it before leaving for work. Looking forward to new zombie map and MP goodness. Got into zombies after the last pack had never played much till then. :D The lure of killing George was strong haha.

Edit: and it's up 766mb

Thanks!

Im downloading the new maps right now. Hopefully they will be a lot better than map pack 2. Im down to my last pro perk needed, scout. After i get that i got them all. :D

So far the maps are ok. Last 2 times i played drive in, i kept getting killed... a lot. So not sure i like that one. Heard it was more of a nuketown type map but so far not as good. Hazard is basically a sniper map, which has been fun because thats what ive been using. But i can see it being really annoying for those who dont want to snipe. The one with the stealth jet is cool, and Silo is pretty nice too.

Man these contracts are bullshit. I did the one where you have to get 25 one shot one kills. So i was sniping and getting them. Had about 5 minutes left to get 6 kills. The match starts and i snipe someone and it doesnt register it as a kill. Then i get up to 24 kills, and see two dude camping so im like yes this is mine! So i snipe one and he dies, and it doesnt register the kill again. Then my contract expires and i get screwed. I dont even know how many times it didnt register before that. But 2 in the same short match, what a crock.

EDIT: i read it again and it said using scout perk, maybe i wasnt holding my breath long enough? Thats the only thing i can think of why it wouldnt register.

Routine check in on the Zombie map. AWESOME! Too early to tell, but it might be the best map yet. Treyarch just keeps getting better and better at these. They really just need to blow it out into a full game and keep me from buying 5 maps when I only want 1. lol

Yea the new zombie map is pretty cool lots of stuff to do and learn in this one. Made it to level 18 with 3 randoms last night in my first few games. I was totally lost downstairs most the game. lol

I was playing a game in the new silo map. I sniped a guy from the windows near spawn to the sniper tower which is almost across the map. Anyway i sniped him and he goes into second chance, and he snipes me from that tower across the whole damn map with a pistol while in second chance. Really? they need to nerf the shit out of that range. Then again it was like that in WAW.

Personally i think hangar is the best map of the new pack. Then hazard, with silo coming in third. Drive in i really dont like much. They said it was small like nuketown, but the problem is it has 100X more camping spots.

I was playing some Annihilation Team Deathmatch and all I can say is - I'm disappointed. The funny thing is, it's not the maps that disappoint me, it's the players. You know you're in a bad team when all the Prestiges are doing worst than you. Seriously, I wonder how many years it took some of these players to get to 10th Prestige. I'm only level 49. I'm not even prestige yet, but I was planning on it. But now that I see all these Prestige players doing bad I'm having second thoughts on Prestige because I don't want to be bad. Smh. Lol.

[quote name='Dinky']I was playing some Annihilation Team Deathmatch and all I can say is - I'm disappointed. The funny thing is, it's not the maps that disappoint me, it's the players. You know you're in a bad team when all the Prestiges are doing worst than you. Seriously, I wonder how many years it took some of these players to get to 10th Prestige. I'm only level 49. I'm not even prestige yet, but I was planning on it. But now that I see all these Prestige players doing bad I'm having second thoughts on Prestige because I don't want to be bad. Smh. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Prestige doesn't equal skill, a lot of the times it's just that they have put in the hours playing.

I'm disappointed in this map pack, which is the first of any map pack. They maps are so-so.

Before we started playing tonight me and a friend were playing zombies and he commented on how much work they put into the zombies levels. I said the multiplayer maps were easy to make because they take a layout and just change what is in it (modern town, village, destroyed city, etc). Then we go play multiplayer and sure enough Hazard is the same exact level as the WaW level, even down to the bridges and cut throughs. I do enjoy the colors on that map though, better than the bland building colors.

I rather like the new maps. I wish the Drive in was a little smaller TBH. Hazard I like very much and Hanger 18 as well. I have yet to play Silo. The only time I've even seen it was blanked out for no vote allowed in a lobby that my group joined into.

Everybody keeps complaining that Hazard is a rehashed Cliffside, but the devs mentioned this in the preview videos, this wasn't a huge secret. And one rehashed map is nothing compared to the MW2 DLC.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Prestige doesn't equal skill, a lot of the times it's just that they have put in the hours playing.[/QUOTE]

And this is exactly why I stopped playing this game. You're either on team BAMF and win by like a million, or you're stuck on team dipshit who camp, but don't know how to do it properly. One of the last matches I played (and therefore made me quit altogether lol) we had a guy on our team throwing a tomahawk from one room to the other across the map on Hotel. Yes, the whole damn time. When he missed (he went 0-22 by the way), he then began emptying his clips in the air for no reason. That alerted the other team where we were spawning, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I started MW2 back up, and it's MUCH better. There's more skilled players who actually play the objectives. Campers are nearly non-existent, and it's actually fun. What a concept!

bread's done
Back