Call of Duty: Ghosts Game & Season Pass (PS4) download cards FREE at Best Buy (YMMV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
[SIZE=10.5pt]I popped into one of my local Best Buys looking for a good clearance pick up but had no luck (still trying to find MGS for Vita and SMG 2 for Wii but none left in town it seems) so I decided to poke around since you never know what you will find. Low and behold I found the CoD: Ghosts game download and Season Pass cards were marked as free. I'm fairly certain this happened recently with something similar-Killzone Season Pass? So a lot of you probably know the drill.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Story time![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It took an hour of my time but I ended up walking out with the game and pass codes for a penny (they couldn't get it all the way to zero and I wasn't going to argue). I couldn't believe how rude the customer service employee AND her manager were about it. I understand your job sucks, but when I'm being perfectly polite and courteous there is no reason to raise your voice and get upset. The manager argued with me and gave me a myriad of bad excuses: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Why would we sell something for free?" - It's a pricing error obviously was my response[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"The card says it's $59.99 not free" - the price tag on the shelf says it's "FREE!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Someone put these in the wrong spot-they are not free" - again sign clearly stated they are[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"The SKUs don't match - it's not free" I had a coupe pictures of the signs but they weren't close up enough or high enough resolution to make out the SKUs so I told her I would go back and get another picture since she wasn't willing to go look herself. I already knew they were correct and at this point it became a matter of principal since she made up a bogus SKU number without even looking at her computer screen and said they didn’t match. Outright lying to me to make me go away is not okay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I came back with the attached pictures to prove it to her. She had already walked away so I had the CS clerk call her back over. She resumed her grousing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"These are not the free items" - to which I responded, "Okay, I'll take whatever the free item is then" The manager finally went back and talked to someone in the gaming section and found out she was completely wrong.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She sent up the competent employee who immediately apologized and said that I was right of course and made sure I didn't walk out without getting the goods. We went to the register to ring them through and the game came up free anyway (After all that! The manager didn't even check them both!!!). Be warned the game rings up free but doesn't give a code. The competent employee went and found another competent employee and they figured out how to make a code generate for the game.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It’s too bad that I have almost no interest at all in CoD as I only play a very select few FPSs for story and have no interest at all in multiplayer. Whatever, even if I play the game for 5 minutes I’ll get my $FREE’s worth out of it I suppose. Might just sell the codes or give them away, but after the aggravation I should probably enjoy them what I can. I feel like I should have made them give me their entire stack of cards for the grief, but I'm no ahole looking to hurt them badly for their mistake. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sorry, I'm sure this is TLDR, but I'm just so annoyed by the piss poor customer service and need to vent.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
So me telling them this was a pricing error is not telling them it is a price mistake? Of course I knew what was going to happen, but that doesn't give them the right to be pricks to me about it and tell me I'm lying. If they had said it's a mistake and we cannot honor it I would have agreed and gone on my merry way. Nothing wrong with annoying discourteous people that insult you and disrepect you before you have a chance to be rude in the first place.
There is a difference between telling them to correct their mistake and taking advantage of it. If you can't tell the difference, go back and hide in the corner behind your "holy book"

There is a difference between telling them to correct their mistake and taking advantage of it. If you can't tell the difference, go back and hide in the corner behind your "holy book"
I can't tell if you're trolling me or can't/didn't read the OP. I acknowledged the price mistake, but the clerk refused to admit it even existed. There is a difference, but they do go hand in hand don't they? Don't worry, there's always room on the ignore list for people that just want to be asshats.

Good for you. They have the worst customer service anywhere and that entire company can suck a bag of dicks.

I don't know why so many people can't understand that it's a law.

Stores must honor shelf prices.
It's not a law. There may be some states that require this (although I personally know of none) but as a general rule there is no obligation by any store to honor a pricing error. I don't know why so many people bring this imaginary law of the land up so much.

I can't tell if you're trolling me or can't/didn't read the OP. I acknowledged the price mistake, but the clerk refused to admit it even existed. There is a difference, but they do go hand in hand don't they? Don't worry, there's always room on the ignore list for people that just want to be asshats.
Lol. You get called out on your garbage thread and now threaten to ignore people. Classic.

The difference is you had a choice, tell them their stickers are wrong and LEAVE, or stay, pick a fight, and take advantage of it. Don't try and justify a BS move with references to the Ten Commandments or getting butthurt because someone called you liar. On top of that, you posted about it here, and then got called a douche by everyone with half a brain.

Lots of holier than thou rollers in this thread. It was a price mistake and the OP decided to take them up on it. Get over it.

Well this topic is off the rails pretty much from the start. However, I fully expected it to be when I wrote the post. I'm thinking it might be time to just lock this thing and call it a day. These kinds of YMMV posts are rarely helpful to anyone; I know I typically don't even bother to look in them since the odds are so remote that I would be able to get in on the deal. I suspect the topic of conversation this thread evolved into is not uncommon for deals like these.

To those that just wanted to give me grief about it, I want to assume you are trying to make a reasonable argument but I suggest in future to try with a little (or a lot in some cases) tact. You guys have some perfectly valid points, but you're making them in the form of personal attacks like I was some monster deliberately trying to screw Best Buy which is completely uncalled for.

I will be sending a formal complaint to Best Buy today about their customer service's attitude towards me and everyone else in line while I was there-they were being rude to everyone which was appalling. If anyone is interested in the conclusion of the story feel free to PM me and I'll let you know what happens. I can't imagine anyone would since I'm just some random person online that you have no reason to care about, but if you have been following this thread you may be curious as to the final outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back