Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection (PS3) for 29.99 from Newegg

Excellent deal, although the 360 and PC versions of these games are better. I suppose you can't complain for the price though.

Any other Newegg clearance sales going on? I can never seem to find a link to their sales/clearance page.

The 360 is never better...

Since this is from Activision I nearly refuse to play it. If I decide to it shall be purchased used only. I don't understand how people pay full price for such a terrible, rehashed game every year. That's why they cancel original material ya know, why spend the effort when they can milk trash for years?

[quote name='LottaGames']The 360 is never better...
[/QUOTE]

This I totally agree with. That other crap you said, not so much.

[quote name='seether254']This I totally agree with. That other crap you said, not so much.[/QUOTE]

Well that's unfortunate then. I thought more people would have realized this and stopped paying for that trash by now. Activision has nothing they should be rewarded for. Nothing at all. Rehash games until they become pointless, never innovate, they cancel anything remotely original, and buy out companies just because they want to make a quick buck by sucking them dry then discarding the dev's.

Since this is from Activision I nearly refuse to play it. If I decide to it shall be purchased used only. I don't understand how people pay full price for such a terrible, rehashed game every year. That's why they cancel original material ya know, why spend the effort when they can milk trash for years?[/QUOTE]

Eh, at MSRP that's a fair argument. At $15 each that's budget price for high-budget games which are fun, just overrated. Might grab this, thanks OP.

[quote name='VISCO']to bad its the PS3 version the game isn't even playable on that system because of all the cheaters.[/QUOTE]

Its getting a patch on March 8th to get rid of all the cheaters. it wil be playable now...i wish Amazon would PM.

does that pack include any extra DLC that the launch versions dont have? like the map packs? or is it just the 2 games and thats it?

[quote name='LottaGames']Well that's unfortunate then. I thought more people would have realized this and stopped paying for that trash by now. Activision has nothing they should be rewarded for. Nothing at all. Rehash games until they become pointless, never innovate, they cancel anything remotely original, and buy out companies just because they want to make a quick buck by sucking them dry then discarding the dev's.[/QUOTE]
Every company does this nowadays. They milk a system dry for as many sequels as the fans will willingly pay for. Why should companies innovate when Joe Blow and everyone like him will buy the same garbage year after year.

If you ran one of these companies, would you rather virtually guaranteed profit EVERY time one of these releases OR taking a chance on a new IP that some of that same fanbase may never pick up. People like familiar, even if it's the same junk every time. Just take a look at the movie and music industries for prime examples. Look at all of the remakes of old movies and movies/games with tired old plot lines(zomg aliens invading, people on Earth revolt and fight back) and some of the same old rehashes of older songs.
[quote name='VISCO']to bad its the PS3 version the game isn't even playable on that system because of all the cheaters.[/QUOTE]
Online multiplayer is not the be all end all for gaming though. I played ONLY the offline single player mode for Black Ops and I was perfectly fine playing just that. Same with Bad Company 1 & 2, same with COD: MW.

But for those who do like mp the cheating does get excessive at times, as do the griefers.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Every company does this nowadays. They milk a system dry for as many sequels as the fans will willingly pay for. Why should companies innovate when Joe Blow and everyone like him will buy the same garbage year after year.

If you ran one of these companies, would you rather virtually guaranteed profit EVERY time one of these releases OR taking a chance on a new IP that some of that same fanbase may never pick up. People like familiar, even if it's the same junk every time. Just take a look at the movie and music industries for prime examples. Look at all of the remakes of old movies and movies/games with tired old plot lines(zomg aliens invading, people on Earth revolt and fight back) and some of the same old rehashes of older songs.

Online multiplayer is not the be all end all for gaming though. I played ONLY the offline single player mode for Black Ops and I was perfectly fine playing just that. Same with Bad Company 1 & 2, same with COD: MW.

But for those who do like mp the cheating does get excessive at times, as do the griefers.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I can't stand playing single player games anymore........I do Online all the time, well, most of the time. Singe player, from any game, just drags on for me. Shooting at AI doesnt give me any excitment. I get nothing out of it. Rather play with real people...weird since single player was all there was back in the days.....

on another note, for some reason, I cant wait to pick up Heavy rain.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Every company does this nowadays. They milk a system dry for as many sequels as the fans will willingly pay for. Why should companies innovate when Joe Blow and everyone like him will buy the same garbage year after year.

If you ran one of these companies, would you rather virtually guaranteed profit EVERY time one of these releases OR taking a chance on a new IP that some of that same fanbase may never pick up. People like familiar, even if it's the same junk every time. Just take a look at the movie and music industries for prime examples. Look at all of the remakes of old movies and movies/games with tired old plot lines(zomg aliens invading, people on Earth revolt and fight back) and some of the same old rehashes of older songs.[/QUOTE]

You're trying to reason with the wrong person. Yes I want to educate the idiots buying these games. Yes I would take chances because the gaming market and real gamers deserve better. If you look through my collection you'll see VERY few shooters because controllers are the absolute worst way to play them, I only just started getting a couple to use with my FnS.

Furthermore I haven't seen a movie since '99 and refuse most all US music, preferring foreign bands instead. You know, people who can play music and not just run it through a machine to sound better than crap. Variety is a must.

Since this is from Activision I nearly refuse to play it. If I decide to it shall be purchased used only. I don't understand how people pay full price for such a terrible, rehashed game every year. That's why they cancel original material ya know, why spend the effort when they can milk trash for years?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've played MW1, but it was a pretty awesome game. I'll agree with you that WaW, MW2 & Black Ops were shit games, but MW is the 2nd best one. CoD2 was by far the best CoD this gen.

[quote name='LottaGames']
Furthermore I haven't seen a movie since '99 and refuse most all US music, preferring foreign bands instead. You know, people who can play music and not just run it through a machine to sound better than crap. Variety is a must.[/QUOTE]

Now you just sound like an idiot. I like how you assume all American bands are shit and that foreign bands don't use post processing to sound better.

[quote name='LottaGames']You're trying to reason with the wrong person. Yes I want to educate the idiots buying these games. Yes I would take chances because the gaming market and real gamers deserve better. If you look through my collection you'll see VERY few shooters because controllers are the absolute worst way to play them, I only just started getting a couple to use with my FnS.

Furthermore I haven't seen a movie since '99 and refuse most all US music, preferring foreign bands instead. You know, people who can play music and not just run it through a machine to sound better than crap. Variety is a must.[/QUOTE]
So because people play what they want to play and these games keep getting made they're idiots?

I do so love how the term 'real gamers' is bandied about so frequently nowadays. What constitutes a 'real' gamer? Are we not ALL gamers?

As for FPS' being better with a keyboard and mouse, I've only ever gamed a tiny bit on the PC. I prefer a console, where I don't have to worry whether or not my games will run on it because I need the latest and greatest video card or a shitton of memory to run them right.

Maybe I'm the minority here, but one's personal opinion is not the utmost gospel of gaming for all.

bread's done
Back